Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz (6633 Views)

Peugeot 806, Volkswagen Sharan And Toyota Sienna For Interstate Transport / Volkswagen And Ford Form Global Alliance To Make Pickups, Evs And Vans / Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by ElvishKing: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
Dear Car Talk gurus

I intend to start a small commercial transport business using MPVs. I intend to start out with 2 or 3 cars for long distance between states in the northern part of the country.

My choice of cars are: Either Ford Galaxy or Volkswagen Sharan all petrol engines.

My questions are:

1: Which is the better option between the two cars? taking into consideration performance fuel efficiency, durability, etc.

2: What is the ideal manufacturing years to buy? I am looking at between 2000-2003? I could lower or higher, no problem.

3: What engine size to go for? Sharan: 1.8Turbo, 2.0, 2.8 (VR6)? Ford Galaxy: 2.0, 2.3, 2.8 (VR6)

4: Automatic or manual drive?

5: Any other tips or info all welcome

NB: I was advised to post this here as I am likely to get more responses

Thanks for your input
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by TPound(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2017
both use the same parts...from engine and tranny to seats and body....but to me,go for the Saharan 2.0...its the ideal one for the business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by abolore80(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Go for sharan 2.0 manual gear. it's very good for transportation. You can try toyota previa or picnic as well. Goodluck
I am into transportation as well.
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by ElvishKing: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
TPound:
both use the same parts...from engine and tranny to seats and body....but to me,go for the Saharan 2.0...its the ideal one for the business

Thanks very much for your input. Bless your hustle sir.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by ElvishKing: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
abolore80:
Go for sharan 2.0 manual gear. it's very good for transportation. You can try toyota previa or picnic as well. Goodluck
I am into transportation as well.

Thank you very much. I will consider the other options you mentioned as well. Bless your hustle sir
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by abolore80(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
ElvishKing:

Thank you very much. I will consider the other options you mentioned as well. Bless your hustle sir

You are welcome brother
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by emmanuel1990(m): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2017
ElvishKing:
Dear Car Talk gurus

I intend to start a small commercial transport business using MPVs. I intend to start out with 2 or 3 cars for long distance between states in the northern part of the country.

My choice of cars are: Either Ford Galaxy or Volkswagen Sharan all petrol engines.

My questions are:

1: Which is the better option between the two cars? taking into consideration performance fuel efficiency, durability, etc.

2: What is the ideal manufacturing years to buy? I am looking at between 2000-2003? I could lower or higher, no problem.

3: What engine size to go for? Sharan: 1.8Turbo, 2.0, 2.8 (VR6)? Ford Galaxy: 2.0, 2.3, 2.8 (VR6)

Thanks for your input
the 2 are the same, no much difference... pls i am a qualified driver with over 6 yrs driving experience, if there is any,vacancy for me pls help a brother..my contacts

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by City4all(m): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
The two car are good Ford is very strong but is sensitive why sharon is not so.to buy Ford is cheap but Sharon is costly,if want to buy Ford buy 2.3engine and if you want to go for sharo n buy 1.8engine
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by komekn(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
ElvishKing:
Dear Car Talk gurus

My questions are:

Thanks for your input

Why not the very reliable, durable as well as proven and tested 1.9 tdi engine which is mote cost effective❓

The Galaxy, Sharan and Alhambra share the same platform from this joint venture. A number of parts are shared. But much more with the Seat Alhambra and Vw Sharan which are essentially the same just different badges.

My preference would be for the VW better quality and reliability, followed by the Alhambra. But in all cases the 1.9tdi
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by ElvishKing: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2019
komekn:

Why not the very reliable, durable as well as proven and tested 1.9 tdi engine which is mote cost effective❓

The Galaxy, Sharan and Alhambra share the same platform from this joint venture. A number of parts are shared. But much more with the Seat Alhambra and Vw Sharan which are essentially the same just different badges.

My preference would be for the VW better quality and reliability, followed by the Alhambra. But in all cases the 1.9tdi

Sorry I am replying to this late. I did manage to ship a VW Sharan 2.0. I was advised in this forum to go for the 2.0 engine. I also recently got a Galaxy 2.0. So far, I think no worries.
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by komekn(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
ElvishKing:
Dear Car Talk gurus

My questions are:

Thanks for your input

First preference should be without question the VW Sharan, essentially because VW have far better build quality and therefore long term durability.

Have you considered using the diesel engine of you are buying three vehicles then you are going to save a lot more in the long term.

Diesel engine have far more resilience than the comparable petrol engines and have far more torque ideal for load carrying as well as almost double the fuel economy.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by ElvishKing: 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2019
komekn:

First preference should be without question the VW Sharan, essentially because VW have far better build quality and therefore long term durability.

Have you considered using the diesel engine of you are buying three vehicles then you are going to save a lot more in the long term.

Diesel engine have far more resilience than the comparable petrol engines and have far more torque ideal for load carrying as well as almost double the fuel economy.

Thanks for your reply and feedback. I have been advised to not purchase a diesel engine for the VW sharan. Specifically I was told because diesel is expensive and that eventually if the diesel engine starts getting problems, its difficult to fix. So basically, I have only bought petrol engines so far. What can you say about the problems with diesel engines, etc?
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by collele(m): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
ElvishKing:

Sorry I am replying to this late. I did manage to ship a VW Sharan 2.0. I was advised in this forum to go for the 2.0 engine. I also recently got a Galaxy 2.0. So far, I think no worries.

How much did it cost u to ship in the VW Sharon 2.0?..Did you bring it in from Germany yourself?
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by komekn(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2019
ElvishKing:

Thanks for your reply and feedback. I have been advised to not purchase a diesel engine for the VW sharan. Specifically I was told because diesel is expensive and that eventually if the diesel engine starts getting problems, its difficult to fix. So basically, I have only bought petrol engines so far. What can you say about the problems with diesel engines, etc?

Firstly it's not rocket science.

You can easily update your knowledge and if you have a conversant and professional mechanic there shouldn't be any problems.

First thing be very careful where you buy your diesel from.

Follow the service schedule regularly oil changes are very important. I notice we now do carbon cleaning in Nigeria there is a higher build up of carbon and if you drive in town a lot after a few years blocked EGR valves can become an issue. So having it cleaned out once every year is a good idea.

Two friends have BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz C class 220d both cars have been used in Warri for the past 5 years without any issues. Although the C class just had the high pressure fuel pump changed which cost brand new £345 he could have got a refurbished used one for £70.

The C class is used quite often from Warri to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by Deaconvertex(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
Please how good is Sharan 2.8 engine.I want to know before it is imported.
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by Deaconvertex(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
Please how good is Sharan 2.8 engine.I want to know before it is imported. Very urgent
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by adebobconed(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
Deaconvertex:
Please how good is Sharan 2.8 engine.I want to know before it is imported. Very urgent

Bro
Open a special thread for it
That would draw more attention
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by NoContract(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2019
ElvishKing:
Dear Car Talk gurus

My questions are:

Thanks for your input

Nice, I'm also considering the business. Can I have your whatsapp number please? Or can you send me a message on whatsapp by clicking this link [url]/2348066352819[/url]

I need your advice on somethings please. Thanks.
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by FancyDaddy: 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
2.8 V6 is good for Family ride and Weekend rides. But not the best for Everyday Non-stop Commercial Transportation. More reason you were previously adviced to go for 2.0 VW Sharon.
Re: I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz by biggestbravo(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
Good afternoon, I want convert my Sharan engine. Which should I put 1.8 or 2.0?

(1) (Reply)

Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles / DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch / Program Your Ecu ( Brainbox ) Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.