Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu (4373 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Accuses North Of Betraying Tinubu; Blames Peter Obi / Yemi Osinbajo Speaks French To President Of DR Congo (Video) / VP Osinbajo Speaks Against Ban On Cryptocurrency (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by jumper524(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
The Vice President and 2023 Presidential aspirant, Yemi Osinbajo, has said he owes nobody any allegiance.
Osinbajo said he owes no single individual any allegiance outside his oath of office and the allegiance he swore to Nigerians when he came into office in 2015.

He disclosed this during his political consultations in Ogun State on Tuesday.
Addressing his followers, Osinbajo said: “After all, I have learnt, if called upon to serve the nation, should I say No? I have decided that I will run for office.

“I have sworn an oath to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is an oath to our people, our children, and the future of Nigeria. I owe nobody else any allegiance outside the oath.”

Osinbajo disclosed this amid claims of betraying his alleged godfather and former principal, Bola Tinubu, by declaring for the Presidency when the former Lagos State governor is also contesting for the same office.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/27/presidency-i-dont-owe-anybody-allegiance-osinbajo-speaks-on-betraying-tinubu/?amp=1

4 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by jumper524(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
I maybe way too young to know things at the level of osibanjo but I know for sure at my Age that Nothing goes for Nothing while also the very first law of power clearly states, Never outshine the master.
Osibanjo did bad contesting against Tinubu in the presidential primaries.

33 Likes 10 Shares

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by richie240: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
Na human nature be dt.
Every benefactor wey hin beneficiary betray shd not be too angry. Even judas betray Jesus , how much more mere mortals.

I trust Jagaban, he go lookam pass.
cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by ican2020: 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
Don’t mind lizard brains

2 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by habsydiamond(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
With the way Nigeria politics is going, I don't see anything for a man from an average class. Even with the level of exposure of osinbajo I don't expect him to be treated like this. He would have given apc some dignity instead of them painting this country in bad image.

2 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by walosky(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
That has always been there way; ffk, Brutus, backstabbers and saboteurs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Obaofaba: 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ok...

One thing I love about the Jagaban of the universe is that, he doesn't hold grudges.

Verdict: This is no news.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Shezzman: 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
Seconded....
jumper524:
I maybe way too young to know things at the level of osibanjo but I know for sure at my Age that Nothing goes for Nothing while also the very first law of power clearly states, Never outshine the master.

5 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Johans2023: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
Nigeria would have been great if it is Osinbajo.
The cocaine sniffing old man force himself on us.

1 Like

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by qtx(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:

its not a family politics. Rather i feel Osibanjo did nothing wrong contesting that election, rather BAT did. He(Tinubu) has no business becoming the president of Nigeria at the expense of someone with the quality of Osibanjo. Nigerians soon you will understand why i said this.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by etrouble: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
Fake Pastor Judas Osinbajo. Short Man Devil.

We the Omoluabis have taught you the bitter lesson not to be a traitor and a betrayer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by etrouble: 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
qtx:

its not a family politics. Rather i feel Osibanjo did nothing wrong contesting that election, rather BAT did. He(Tinubu) has no business becoming the president of Nigeria at the expense of someone with the quality of Osibanjo. Nigerians soon you will understand why i said this.

Your father too is a Nigerian, you should have told him to contest against the Jagaban Borgu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by etrouble: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:

48 Laws of Power
===============

Law 1: Never Outshine your Master.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by BRIMBRAM: 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Johans2023:
Nigeria would have been great if it is Osinbajo.
The cocaine sniffing old man force himself on us.

Are you one of the courageous ones that have enlisted their names to protest on May 29 by commiting suicide?! grin

3 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Obinwenite(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:

So Tinubu is more qualified than Osibanjo?…on what category?….the way una dey talk self

3 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by qtx(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
etrouble:

Your father too is a Nigerian, you should have told him to contest against the Jagaban Borgu

Is Tinubu your own father? Its your type that go around breaking people's heads everywhere during election as if Tinubu even knows you exist.

What brought father inside? Well, i actually dont always respond to comments from characters like you. If you were truly educated and cultured you wouldnt have made that type of half-witted and indiscreet statement.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by sonature1: 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:

This is the mentality that Bola Tinubu has used to cage Lagos.

You guys need to grow up in the South West and start challenging devilish elders!

4 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by nazicartel(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:
why will my master contest against me ?. If I'm truely his boy, he should stay off my lane.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by plumcomm: 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Obinwenite:

So Tinubu is more qualified than Osibanjo?…on what category?….the way una dey talk self
let Osinbajo contest governorship in your state and win if you love him so much abeg.

3 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Johans2023: 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

Are you one of the courageous ones that have enlisted their names to protest on May 29 by commiting suicide?! grin
protest is a right, and every Nigerian will protest since they do not vote for Tinubu.
Out of the 25 million votes, Tinubu manage to rig 8 million. What do you think the 17 million voters will say? Tinubu couldn't get up to 15% of the total vote cast yet foolish people like you are claiming that he got majority votes.
As it stand now 85% of Nigerians didn't vote for tinubu, how do you expect 15% to rule over 85%. Even during the military regime we had never seen Nigerians rejected a president like tinubu. Can the country move forward if 85% of Nigerians didn't participate in governance?
Anyways, some of you are so dumb that you don't even know what is leadership. Without the cooperation of those 85%, I swear this country will be a mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Isobug: 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:
Osinbajo did bad contesting for Presidency? These people are rubbish.

Meanwhile, he didn't contest against Tinubu, he contested because he was qualified, period

3 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Rexymania(m): 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
Dude is right
... But Tinubu na man wey dey carry him people along

1 Like

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Ruthless70: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
richie240:
Na human nature be dt.
Every benefactor wey hin beneficiary betray shd not be too angry. Even judas betray Jesus , how much more mere mortals.

I trust Jagaban, he go lookam pass.
cool

You correct
Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by saucygal193: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
Yes, you owe allegiance to Nigeria, but you also owe allegiance to somebody.

2 Likes

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by astonished: 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:

Trust me if you were in his shoe, you will do same, it's normal thing in political environment, don't know why people call it betrayal
Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by traihit: 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2023
qtx:

Neither do I.

If you were watching a movie, Osinbajo would be a traitor but this is not a movie. This is about the life of Nigeria and Osinbajo meant well contesting.

People criticising Osinbajo aren't doing so with the best interest of Nigeria at heart. Hardly will anyone have Nigeria's best interest at heart and support Tinubu over Osinbajo.

To me, my loyalty is to Nigeria first and I'll support anyone I think is in the best position to turn Nigeria around.

1 Like

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Popesuccess(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:
Tinubu should not be contesting in the first place. She should backed his political son.
Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Quenncee: 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
jumper524:
The Vice President and 2023 Presidential aspirant, Yemi Osinbajo, has said he owes nobody any allegiance.
Osinbajo said he owes no single individual any allegiance outside his oath of office and the allegiance he swore to Nigerians when he came into office in 2015.

He disclosed this during his political consultations in Ogun State on Tuesday.
Addressing his followers, Osinbajo said: “After all, I have learnt, if called upon to serve the nation, should I say No? I have decided that I will run for office.

“I have sworn an oath to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is an oath to our people, our children, and the future of Nigeria. I owe nobody else any allegiance outside the oath.”

Osinbajo disclosed this amid claims of betraying his alleged godfather and former principal, Bola Tinubu, by declaring for the Presidency when the former Lagos State governor is also contesting for the same office.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/27/presidency-i-dont-owe-anybody-allegiance-osinbajo-speaks-on-betraying-tinubu/?amp=1

Interim president in waiting, before Obi will later be sworn-in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by 001Lagos: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
Obaofaba:
Ok...

One thing I love about the Jagaban of the universe is that, he doesn't hold grudges.

Verdict: This is no news.
You knew this from your Face-me-I-face-you one room apartment abi
Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by richie240: 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
You dt have rebellion (aka challenging/kicking elders) in ur genes, how far has it led u bikonu?
cool
sonature1:

This is the mentality that Bola Tinubu has used to cage Lagos.

You guys need to grow up in the South West and start challenging devilish elders!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: presidency: I Don’t Owe Anybody Allegiance – Osinbajo speaks On Betraying Tinubu by Boomkalakuta: 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing vagabond

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of A Nigerian Rocking With His White Girl / MAI TA TSINE, The Story Of Nigeria’s Religious Terror Of The 1980s / Okorocha Eliminates Osita Izunaso As APC Organising Sec.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.