Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) (39046 Views)

Health Minister Performs Groundbreaking For 500-capacity Female Hostel At UNIBEN / Daisy Danjuma Supports Obaseki's Re-Election As Edo Governor / Abisola Kola-Daisy Shares Sexy Swimwear Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by BleedingPen: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2023
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, will on Saturday (today), commission the Senator Daisy Danjuma hostel for female students at the Ugbowo campus of the University of Benin.

Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the University, Mrs Benedicta Ehanire, disclosed this in an invitation message sent out Friday night, on behalf of the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Lilian Salami.

METROWATCH gathered that the hostel was donated by General T.Y Danjuma (RTD), former Defence Minister, through the T.Y. Danjuma Foundation, on behalf of his wife, Daisy Danjuma.

“The Vice Chancellor, Professor Lilian Salami invites you to the grand commissioning of the Senator Daisy Danjuma hostel for girls, graciously donated by General T.Y. Danjuma, GCON,” the statement reads in part.

“The ceremony will be performed by His Excellency, Godwin Obaseki, Governor of Edo State,” the UNIBEN spokesperson and sister to Senator Daisy Danjuma, Mrs Benedicta Ehanire added.

The UNIBEN spokesperson, Mrs Benedicta Ehanire told journalists that she attracted the female hostel worth 500 million Naira from Gen. T.Y. Danjuma, her in-law, for the Vice Chancellor.

According to her, this was after she recommended the in-law to the University Management for a honorary doctorate degree recognition during the last convocation ceremony of the institution held in 2021.

This was further collaborated by her close ally, Ven. David Osazee Egbenusi, Chaplain of the UNIBEN's All Saints Chapel, who described Ehanire as the “backbone” of the Salami administration, and an ‘untouchable one’ at that, even though, according to him, much recognition is not accorded her.

Meanwhile, METROWATCH learned that Governor Obaseki is expected to perform the ceremony for stone laying of the second Senator Daisy Danjuma hostel for girls, which is equally worth 500 million Naira, later today.

METROWATCH recalls that the UNIBEN VC had in March last year performed the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of the two three-floor hostels for female students, at the Ugbowo campus of the institution.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/04/29/obaseki-to-commission-n500m-danjuma-hostel-at-uniben-saturday-metrowatch/

Lala Seun Mynd44

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by AsomStructures: 8:16am On Apr 29, 2023
Nice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by bazoodo: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by NobleSeed(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2023
no be only 500m

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Jamesbally: 8:33am On Apr 29, 2023
What is so special about this project? Between Obaseki and Ikpeazu i dont know who takes the lead. As the worst Governor in Nigeria.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by RamseyKush: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2023
Shey na this one them use 1bn do 😅😅

Them go dey inflate numbers like say the masses na mumu😂

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by marlow1962(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2023
Did I see 1bn
Ahh, poor man don suffer for this country. Anything where government dish out, them dy sure say some gullible citizens go accept.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by inoki247: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2023
Truly Edo No Be Lagos....

Imagine this happening in Lagos he go don trend tire dem go don tell us aw someone is looting dere future..

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by ogmask: 9:07am On Apr 29, 2023
AsomStructures:
One billion ke... Obaseki is the worst governor edo state have had...

You for read before you make this comment...
More like this is the worst comment nairaland don get since inception.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by ogmask: 9:10am On Apr 29, 2023
Too many lazy yoots upstairs (posts). Too lazy to read beyond the headline. If you guys continue like this Venezuela may be a child's play. How una take dey pass exam for school sef?

inoki247:

Imagine this happening in Lagos he go don trend tire dem go don tell us aw someone is looting dere future..

RamseyKush:

Jamesbally:
What is so special about this project? Between Obaseki and Ikpeazu i dont know who takes the lead. As the worst Governor in Nigeria.

marlow1962:
Did I see 1bn
Ahh, poor man don suffer for this country. Anything where government dish out, them dy sure say some gullible citizens go accept.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by AsomStructures: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2023
ogmask:

You for read before you make this comment...
More like this is the worst comment nairaland don get since inception.
OK

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2023
How is this crap worth N500m? N150m go deliver this one na.

Then don chop Danjuma money.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by alizma: 9:18am On Apr 29, 2023
AsomStructures:
Edo no be Lagos na, una never shi shon tin.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Jostoman: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2023
AsomStructures:
he is 100% better than your governor

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by LivingSage: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2023
How does this concern Obaseki angry

This is donation for crying out loud.

You guys don't read or have assimilation problem
AsomStructures:
Jamesbally:
marlow1962:
Did I see 1bn
inoki247:

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Jostoman: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2023
Jamesbally:
tinubu people will never dissapoint, your hatred for obaseki wont do anything to him, why not discuss about your push and start blue rail that cost billions of naira.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by BleedingPen: 9:34am On Apr 29, 2023
marlow1962:
Did I see 1bn

It could cover furnishing both hostels to finish though.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Jostoman: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2023
Lagos landlord have started their propaganda against obaseki, Edo people are wiser than that.

They mean it when they say Edo no be lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by BleedingPen: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2023
Hedonini:
How is this crap worth N500m? N150m go deliver this one na.

Then don chop Danjuma money.

It probably covers furnishing too for both hostels.
Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by BleedingPen: 9:36am On Apr 29, 2023
Jamesbally:

Donation

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Printerscanner: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2023
RamseyKush:

The Danjuma's are one of Nigeria's most dangerous criminals. Imagine the idiot from the North owning oil wells in the Niger Delta and making billions while Niger Deltans are living in poverty. Same with Mrs Alakija, IBB, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami, Mohammed Ndimi, e.t.c. Ogun go kill their Mama.
Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by marlow1962(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2023
LivingSage:
How does this concern Obaseki angry

This is donation for crying out loud.

You guys don't read or have assimilation problem

Lovely girl I know what I read and I know what I commented, happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by AllTimesPost: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2023
@
“This was further collaborated by her close ally, Ven. David Osazee Egbenusi, Chaplain of the UNIBEN's All Saints Chapel, who described Ehanire as the “backbone” of the Salami administration, and an ‘untouchable one’ at that, even though, according to him, much recognition is not accorded her.”

No wonder😱😲 👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7596831/im-princess-not-even-vc#121472889

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by AllTimesPost: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2023
Seun Lala Mynd44 Omp44 fp
Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by marlow1962(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2023
ogmask:
Too many lazy yoots upstairs (posts). Too lazy to read beyond the headline. If you guys continue like this Venezuela may be a child's play. How una take dey pass exam for school sef?
Non- lazy yoot, pls I have an interview on Monday, since you are so smart and blessed upstairs, you can help me attend the interview.

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by LivingSage: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2023
You didn't know lovely boy.

You read wrongly and commented wrongly.

It was not government project but private, take heed
marlow1962:

Lovely girl I know what I read and I know what I commented, happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2023
What is wrong with this generation? They hardly read. Just look at the first few comments on this thread...

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by marlow1962(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2023
BleedingPen:

It could cover furnishing both hostels to finish though.
No doubt, but talking about furnishing, have you seen or been inside a university hostel before? There nothing like furnishing. They build hostel for you (definitely with substandard materials) and they embezzle the rest. That's Nigeria for u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by christejames(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2023
This is commendable!
Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by BleedingPen: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2023
marlow1962:

No doubt, but talking about furnishing, have you seen or been inside a university hostel before? There nothing like furnishing. They build hostel for you (definitely with substandard materials) and they embezzle the rest. That's Nigeria for u.

Well, you're right!
And it's saddening.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) by MoAdams: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2023
100 million dollars !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Prophecy: APC Will Take Over —Cardinal Odunmbaku / Boko Haram: 10 Presidents Meet In Abuja / The Great Oba Of Benin Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.