Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date (23192 Views)

Buhari Postpones Visit To Ogun Indefinitely / Buhari Postpones London Trip For Undisclosed Reasons / APC Crisis: Buhari Postpones Zamfara Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by EcoBrick: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2023
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has announced President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval for the postponement of the May 3rd 2023 population and housing census.

The Minister in a statement in Abuja on Friday morning, said a new date will be determined by the incoming administration.

The statement read: “President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the postponement of the 2023 Population and Housing Census, earlier scheduled for 3-7 May 2023, to a date to be determined by the incoming Administration.

“The President gave the approval after meeting with some members of the Federal Executive Council and the Chairman of the National Population Commission and his team at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Friday (28 April 2023).

“In arriving at the decision to postpone the Census, the meeting reiterated the critical need for the conduct of a Population and Housing Census, 17 years after the last Census, to collect up-to-date data that will drive the developmental goals of the country and improve the living standard of the Nigerian people.

“The President noted that with the completion of the Enumeration Area Demarcation of the country, conduct of first and second pretests, the recruitment and training of adhoc workers, procurement of Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and ICT infrastructures, appreciable progress has been made in the implementation of the 2023 Population and Housing Census.

“He also commended the methodology being put in place by the Commission to conduct accurate and reliable Census, especially the massive deployment of technology that is capable of delivering world class Census and laying a sustainable basis for future censuses.

The President further directed the Commission to continue with preparations for the conduct of the 2023 Population and Housing Census in order to sustain the gains already recorded and provide the basis for the incoming administration to consolidate these achievements.

“The meeting was attended by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami; the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed; the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed; the Minister of State, Budget and National Planning, Mr Clem Agba and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/breaking-again-buhari-postpones-2023-census-says-tinubu-to-determine-new-date/

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Feintline: 9:27am On Apr 29, 2023
I see PODATTI carrying out the census.
I see the OBIDENT new Nigeria carrying out a census that reflects the true state of Nigeria.

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by slivertongue: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2023
A last Buhari has done noble suspending another impending scam

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2023
Feintline:
Yes, it's okay to dream! 🤣

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by TemplarLandry: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2023
Excellent!
In my eyes, Tinubu's presidency is the start of Nigerian democracy. No more Khaki men in Agbada. We technically started democracy in 1999 and it's going to be uninterrupted henceforth.

This is the very first time a true democrat with no stupid military background will be our President.
Note, I said “a true democrat”, not wannabes.
The very first time a President from the South supervises a digital Nigerian census. So credibility rate of the census is way high.

The first digital census in Nigerian history.

No more wonky inflated figures from the Ariwa.
Hopes are up!

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by AntiWailer: 9:36am On Apr 29, 2023
Feintline:

Yes as contractors

After Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR approve the contract.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2023
Buhari is just shifting everything on my Asiwaju's head. He knows my Asiwaju is capable .

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by DMerciful(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2023
Census should not be done until we can guarantee a credible process! We don't want the scam of the 50s to be reinforced by the North

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by TemplarLandry: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2023
Posi + idoti? Or what did you text? Po-datty indeed! Casket+dirt.
Feintline:

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Jostoman: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2023
Who get time before
Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Godfullsam(m): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2023
The national census is nothing but a waste of time and mismanagement/embezzlement scare resources.

It should not be our priority for now..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Godfullsam(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Excellent!
In my eyes, Tinubu's presidency is the start of Nigerian democracy. No more Khaki men in Agbada.
This is the very first time a true democrat with no stupid military background will be our President.
The very first time a President from the South supervises Nigerian census. So credibility rate of the census is way high. No more wonky inflated figures from the Ariwa.
Hopes are up!

What about the former president Goodluck Jonathan?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Gajagojo: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Excellent!
In my eyes, Tinubu's presidency is the start of Nigerian democracy. No more Khaki men in Agbada.

The very first time a President from the South supervises Nigerian census. So credibility rate of the census is way high.

Hopes are up!
who supervised the last census?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by ogododo: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by unclejb2(m): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2023
Thank God. Buhari conducting a census for us would have been another disaster and highly rigged process

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by okosodo: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2023
Nigeria is now officially a laughing stock

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by funshint(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2023
This' the most honourable thing to do for him. This is certainly not the best time to hold such a sensitive exercise; looking at the security situation of the country and the general preparedness of the Census commission. It'll certainly end up in controversy if he goess ahead with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by TemplarLandry: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2023
Hehe, true. Ily babe.
IyaebeTheGreat:
Buhari is just shifting everything on my Asiwaju's head. He knows my Asiwaju is capable .

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Dexy4yah(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2023
Bunch of riffraffs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Houseofglam7(f): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2023
Confused lots
Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by ecolime(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Capable like Banky W shey?

Just dey play. Stay there make pant dey wear you.
Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by RaptObserver: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2023
One of the few good moves of Bubu.
Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by ItisWell22(f): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Excellent!

The very first time a President from the South supervises Nigerian census. So credibility rate of the census is way high.

Hopes are up!

We pray and hope… 🙏🤲

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by bazoodo: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Excellent!

Hopes are up!
so Jonathan had a military background?? What about Shehu Shagari?? He was a general too right??

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by cunny88(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2023
Why were they in a rush to conduct census towards the end of their tenure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Obakoolex(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2023
undecided Buhari na guyman
He knows Tinubu is capable of many things he's not, that's why he's shifting everything to his tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by francotunsco: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2023
Feintline:

You get eyes? Did you not see PODATTI winning the election in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by Lovenorth: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Excellent!

Hopes are up!
The same Arewa you are ignorantly accusing voted Tinubu in to power, the most important thing is he and his vice are our fellow Muslims and there is nothing you can do about it

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Postpones 2023 Census, Says Tinubu To Determine New Date by GodisFirst: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2023
If this is true, I take it as the only reasonable thing this government has ever done when it comes to decision taking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maryam Yaro (Sanusi's Alleged Girlfriend) Is A CBN Consultant / Boko Haram: Nigeria And Neighbours Chad, Cameroon And Niger Celebrate Victories / President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.