Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results (8675 Views)

Waec 2012/2013 : Yet Another Mass Failure Recorded- Here Is The ... / NECO Records Another Mass Failure / .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Saxophemsy: 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
This issue cannot be overstressed.neco iz a baseless exam, how can you do so well in one exam and the other one is scary to look upon. The most annoying is that the questions are not even half as tough as a primary six common entrance and people still fail. Not only has the students failed. Neco has failed and Nigeria has failed.
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Niiade(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2011
Hmmmm education is really falling and our systems arer failing. Change is needed. I wanna check my cousin's result online please how do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 25, 2011
*Laughing* very funny country
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 25, 2011
Dsame Story Over nd Over Again, letz Watch out 4 GCE nd See If d Story Wont b Dsame, *just cant stop laughing at my motherland* grin
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by riyageh(f): 12:53am On Sep 25, 2011
While some of those in defense of today's youth raise some valid points, they do not necessarily refute the points argued against. My generation made the same case you are making against our parents generation, and each generation argues that the previous one did them a disservice. The availability of expo or cheat sheets does not mean the student has to use them. There is a lack of fire for knowledge among the youths of today, instead they have the burning desire to make a lot of money, what they fail to realize is not just power, but equates to money when used properly. When i took my WAEC and GCE many years ago, there was no NECO exam then, i was able to tell my parents confidently how i would perform (math & physics - P7; Biology, English - A1; Chemistry - B; Geography, Agric, Economics, Yoruba - C3). No extra assistance, not that i did not know where to find it or that i was not offered, but i wanted to be able to defend my results as mine not something in my name done by someone else. This sentiment is lacking in youths and many of their parents today. Another memory from my teenage years, i had a girlfriend whose mother went into the WAEC hall with =N= 50,000 to pay off examiners so someone could impersonate her daughter, to be fair to the girl she had no choice in the matter because her mother just said this is what we are doing. This girl went on to study medicine only to be asked to withdraw from medicine three years after admission to UI, despite her glowing WAEC results. My mother is a Proprietress of a school, and at one of their meetings, WAEC representatives shared the story of a girl who earned straight As in her WAEC exam. The director of the office wanted to meet her, they prepared gifts to give to the young girl. Everything was going well until the girl was asked to sign and endorse the book with "original received by me" and she could not exposing the fallacy that was her result. This led to the school losing its certification as an exam center. It takes a smart person to cheat not a dullard and this is why i disagree when people say they cheat, no they don't not when they are so dumb. When you go as far as copying another person's name and you don't realize it until you are told, you are the definition of stupid and to simplify the problem by defining it as governmental failure is too simple. It is a failure of the society at large. See the story of Abel Adama, and tell me why that cannot be the story of every Nigerian or most.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107101554178
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by riyageh(f): 12:55am On Sep 25, 2011
While some of those in defense of today's youth raise some valid points, they do not necessarily refute the points argued against. My generation made the same case you are making against our parents generation, and each generation argues that the previous one did them a disservice. The availability of expo or cheat sheets does not mean the student has to use them. There is a lack of fire for knowledge among the youths of today, instead they have the burning desire to make a lot of money, what they fail to realize is that knowledge is not just power, but equates to money when used properly. When i took my WAEC and GCE many years ago, there was no NECO exam then, i was able to tell my parents confidently how i would perform (math & physics - P7; Biology, English - A1; Chemistry - B; Geography, Agric, Economics, Yoruba - C3). No extra assistance, not that i did not know where to find it or that i was not offered, but i wanted to be able to defend my results as mine not something in my name done by someone else. This sentiment is lacking in youths and many of their parents today. Another memory from my teenage years, i had a girlfriend whose mother went into the WAEC hall with =N= 50,000 to pay off examiners so someone could impersonate her daughter, to be fair to the girl she had no choice in the matter because her mother just said this is what we are doing. This girl went on to study medicine only to be asked to withdraw from medicine three years after admission to UI, despite her glowing WAEC results. My mother is a Proprietress of a school, and at one of their meetings, WAEC representatives shared the story of a girl who earned straight As in her WAEC exam. The director of the office wanted to meet her, they prepared gifts to give to the young girl. Everything was going well until the girl was asked to sign and endorse the book with "original received by me" and she could not exposing the fallacy that was her result. This led to the school losing its certification as an exam center. It takes a smart person to cheat not a dullard and this is why i disagree when people say they cheat, no they don't not when they are so dumb. When you go as far as copying another person's name and you don't realize it until you are told, you are the definition of silly and to simplify the problem by defining it as governmental failure is too simple. It is a failure of the society at large. See the story of Abel Adama, and tell me why that cannot be the story of every Nigerian or most.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107101554178
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by member479760: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2011
we all failed, no dif b/w profs and molue drivers.
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Pharoh: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2011
We will all come here to lament with not tangible solution to give while the crisis keeps going on in a cycle.
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Stevostical(m): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
Lets see this from another perspective its partly neco fault and i think they need to re-examine and re-check themselves.How can people who pass waec fail neco badly for example during my set that's 2009 we did waec before neco but before we said jack Robinson neco was out.Who will believe that i got E8 in commerce in neco while i have A1 in waec.My school director and management with my class mates were shocked at my commerce result because i was one of the best commercial student of my set.So neco markers should be checked also because i believe that when looking at the positive side u need to look at the negative side so when blaming students check the markers too.
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by 2nex(m): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2011
Hmmmm na wa o! Wr is educatn goin in ds cantry?Hmmmm na wa o! Wr is educatn goin in ds cantry?
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by Drotunba(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2011
NECO releases results, records another mass failure
On September 23, 2011 · In News

Another mass failure has been recorded by students across the country in the just announced 2011 June/July Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results.

Registrar, Chief Executive of the Council, (NECO) while announcing the results in Minna Friday, exonerated the Council from the poor outing of students nationwide, adding that structures that ensured that appropriate standards of excellence and transparency were maintained before, during and after the examinations were put in place.

A breakdown of the results shows that out of the 1,190,393 that registered for the English language, 1,160,049 actually sat for the examinations while only 2,119 or 0.18% came out with Distinction and 263,777 or 22.16% came out with Credit pass, 76,224 or 6.40% failed while there 51,312 malpractice or 4.31% was recorded.

In Mathematics, 1,190,365 registered for the subject while 1,156,561 sat for it with only 3,356 or 0.28% obtaining Distinction and 295,961 or 24.86% with credit, 7, 7,395 or 60.27% pass, 89,023 or 7.48% failed while 50,826 or 4.27% malpractice was recorded.

Core subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Mathematics also recorded mass failure with high degrees of malpractices also recorded.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/neco-releases-results-records-another-mass-failure/
Re: Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results by mcdokwe(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
Dr.otunba:

NECO releases results, records another mass failure
On September 23, 2011 · In News

Another mass failure has been recorded by students across the country in the just announced 2011 June/July Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results.

Registrar, Chief Executive of the Council, (NECO) while announcing the results in Minna Friday, exonerated the Council from the poor outing of students nationwide, adding that structures that ensured that appropriate standards of excellence and transparency were maintained before, during and after the examinations were put in place.

A breakdown of the results shows that out of the 1,190,393 that registered for the English language, 1,160,049 actually sat for the examinations while only 2,119 or 0.18% came out with Distinction and 263,777 or 22.16% came out with Credit pass, 76,224 or 6.40% failed while there 51,312 malpractice or 4.31% was recorded.

In Mathematics, 1,190,365 registered for the subject while 1,156,561 sat for it with only 3,356 or 0.28% obtaining Distinction and 295,961 or 24.86% with credit, 7, 7,395 or 60.27% pass, 89,023 or 7.48% failed while 50,826 or 4.27% malpractice was recorded.

Core subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Mathematics also recorded mass failure with high degrees of malpractices also recorded.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/neco-releases-results-records-another-mass-failure/

one of em lousy generation or an outright scammer.

I guess there are lots of questions that we in a quest to justify one view or the other fail to answer.
Are the governments doing anything at all to hype the students thirst for knowlegde or just making face saving pronouncements?
Do exam bodies monitor the levels as to which school curriculars are being implemented or just wait to fail and blame students?
Do we go to school because we can learn or have passion for learning or simply because tis the in-thing?
How conducive are our schools/learning environments to learning?1,190,365 registered for the subject while 1,156,561 sat for it with only 3,356 or 0.28% obtaining Distinction and 295,961 or 24.86% with credit, 7, 7,395 or 60.27% pass, 89,023 or 7.48% failed while 50,826 or 4.27% malpractice was recorded.

[quote][/quote]
one of em lousy generation or an outright scammer.

I guess there are lots of questions that we in a quest to justify one view or the other fail to answer.
Are the governments doing anything at all to hype the students thirst for knowlegde or just making face saving pronouncements?
Do exam bodies monitor the levels as to which school curriculars are being implemented or just wait to fail and blame students?
Do we go to school because we can learn or have passion for learning or simply because tis the in-thing?
How conducive are our schools/learning environments to learning?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin Discovers New Anti- Malaria Compounds. / Web Addresses Of Nigerian Higher Institutions Here. / Is Education Important For The Boy Or The Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.