Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion (846 Views)

Man Spotted Fixing A Faulty Cab In Motion In Lagos: Video / My Car Over Heats In Motion But Very Normal In Heavy Traffic / Nissan Sunny 2007-2010 P2122 And P2127 No Acceleration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Mspg: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
It first started when I noticed the leakage of my gear oil, I took it for repairs and serviced the gear , the leakage had stopped too , but once in a while, when I'm in motion, I would notice that my car can't accelerate , the engine would still be working perfectly , A.c and other things are still working but the car will not accelerate until I match the brake and off the car then restart it again, the car will respond to accelerate again when I put it In drive...

After a while , the same thing repeats itself, while on the highway, I would just notice my car can't accelerate , I would have to quickly reduce the motion with the brake and find a way to get off the highway, then switch the engine off and start again for the acceleration to pick..

I just serviced the gear and it's not leaking again, please what could be causing this ?
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Angrygoat: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
Fuel pump is bad

1 Like

Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by buygala(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mspg:
It first started when I noticed the leakage of my gear oil, I took it for repairs and serviced the gear , the leakage had stopped too , but once in a while, when I'm in motion, I would notice that my car can't accelerate , the engine would still be working perfectly , A.c and other things are still working but the car will not accelerate until I match the brake and off the car then restart it again, the car will respond to accelerate again when I put it In drive...

After a while , the same thing repeats itself, while on the highway, I would just notice my car can't accelerate , I would have to quickly reduce the motion with the brake and find a way to get off the highway, then switch the engine off and start again for the acceleration to pick..

I just serviced the gear and it's not leaking again, please what could be causing this ?

Imagine you are overtaking on a highway with another vehicle coming with speed from the opposite lane, and your car suddenly loses acceleration...

Better park that car, and don't drive it until you have sorted out that issue..

6 Likes

Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Mspg: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Angrygoat:
Fuel pump is bad
but I guess, if its fuel pump, when it lost acceleration, the engine is supposed to go off , but instead the car engine would still be working, Ac would still be working perfectly but car acceleration pressure will reduce completely..

Once I manage to stop the car and switch the engine off and restart again, acceleration picks and continue moving, it might not stop again for a whole day and sometimes after few hours, the acceleration issue happens again.
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Angrygoat: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
Acceleration, fuel pump supplying fuel to i jector. Its stopping. Its gone bad. Change it. Happened to me 3 weeks ago,acter buying fuel,whenni fire,it will deaccelerate.. change the fuel pump,original fuel pump 15k upwards. Manage chinco knock off 5,6k. 4plugs original fake 4k. Toks 3k.u choose.
Mspg:
but I guess, if its fuel pump, when it lost acceleration, the engine is supposed to go off , but instead the car engine would still be working, Ac would still be working perfectly but car acceleration pressure will reduce completely..

Once I manage to stop the car and switch the engine off and restart again, acceleration picks and continue moving, it might not stop again for a whole day and sometimes after few hours, the acceleration issue happens again.
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Billiebaba(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2023
Vehicle brand model and year??
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Alvin007: 7:26am On Apr 30, 2023
Scan your vehicle..maybe it keeps going into limp mode.
What brand and year?
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by vastolord4(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
Scan your car.. same happened to mine crv.. the road side guy hurried and a pump but persisted.. so I called my my car scanner Guy then he scanned the car and I found out it was the manifold that was a problem so I got the complete manifold and throttle body.
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by bknight: 4:33pm On May 07, 2023
Mspg:

Is your rom below 1000?
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by ecosystm(m): 7:36pm On May 07, 2023
Sacn for p060e error..Manifold and throttle issue..get a good rewire or auto electrician to scan and fix..its a minor issue
Re: My Car Looses Acceleration While In Motion by Angrygoat: 8:03pm On May 07, 2023
I said it's fuel pump. If u step o. Accelerator,instead of speedometer to go up,it will come down. Align of dead fuel pump

(1) (Reply)

2021 Toyota Camry SE Vs XSE: A Comprehensive Comparison For Discerning Buyers / ..........pennzoil Customer Update........ / Vauxhall Frontera 2.2 (dti) 1999, Automatic: Attn Siena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.