Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG (20054 Views)

How Abba Kyari Negotiated Release Of 25kg Cocaine, Offered $61, 600 Cash - NDLEA / Buhari Was A Child When We Negotiated Nigeria – Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo Slams / $1.2m NNPC ‘Bribe’ Used To Finance Jonathan, Buhari Elections – Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by babz11(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2023
Sometimes you just have to pretend in this country like nothing happen, all this kind of news can send someone to early grave, what type of negotiation team will negotiate 1.2m dollars for busses it's absurd
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by 7upnigeria: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2023
CondenseMilk:

I remembered when $43m cash was found in an ikoyi mansion in Lagos

Anyway that's an opportunity for transporters to leverage on to cover up possible risk.

When war breaks out in an area, a bottle of water can go as much as N3000 on the street.

N3000 is a joke, money that cant buy bottled water at quilox in Lagos
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Dspsalvate: 11:53am On Apr 30, 2023
I need more explanation as to Understand the previous explanation, thank you
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by 7upnigeria: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2023
vastolord4:
cheesy when ever I speak my mind concerning the way this country operates, I'm tagged ipob. Even if I commend them, they'll say I'm a Muslim. Well, I seriously don't care how y'all feel when I speak my truth and as for this, this ain't right.. from the manner of approach and also the means of transporting of our "worthless" citizens out of Egypt is soo wrong.. remember when the US marine came to naija to carryout an operation cos they had intel.. we didn't know till it was successful! But we still got people that follow the analogue method which is waybetter for their comfort..

When it comes to time to criticize people you hate even some of you WHO DONT HAVE IDEAS TO BETTER YOUR PERSONAL LIVES suddenly become smart like Albert Einstein and start talking down on government efforts. Why dont you send your father's aircraft to go and lift Nigerians from Sudan?
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by gbagyiza: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2023
xpressionx:
How much is new bus that you are paying $1.2m
to rent 40 buses.

This is why well meaning Nigerians want Peter Obi

This is the truth.
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Greenfusion: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
Although corruption has always been in Nigeria, but the height and impunity of corruption in this govt is crazy, very wicked set of people.
$1.2m for hire, ... This is the worst govt ever wer monkeys and snake even joined the stealing spree.....when would nigeria and african change....who do us this thing for nigeria?
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Igboslayer: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
PUSSYHOE:
Tinubu may do better than buhari but tinubu can not fight corruption.

No politician is as corrupt as tinubu
Una don dey gentle small small!
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by tunwumi: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
dominique:
How much did other countries pay for same bus services?

Can you help negotiate the chibok girls pls. Seems you have good skills in that area
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Eriokanmi: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
masseratti:
now you pity onyema now right, couple of days ago people were calling for Abike Dabiri's head until the lady came out to say her agency did not get a dime from the said money ditto when sane thing happened in Ukraine... War or no war how can we spend that amount of money on 13 busses to convey people from Sudan to Egypt for heavens sake?
It's unimaginable. 100k usd is even too much. Even if Abike's agency didn't benefit, the 3rd party who got the contract must definitely rub her palm behind closed doors. Apc is a party of rogues. Onyema shouldn't have offered to help cos he'd not be appreciated. To many in the apc, he has blocked their means of looting. Despite his kind gesture, they're still claiming 1.2m was spent on hiring buses,.imagine.

1 Like

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nobody asked you. Did you do the job? Answer is yes but very shabby….
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by vastolord4(m): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
7upnigeria:

When it comes to time to criticize people you hate even some of you WHO DONT HAVE IDEAS TO BETTER YOUR PERSONAL LIVES suddenly become smart like Albert Einstein and start talking down on government efforts. Why dont you send your father's aircraft to go and lift Nigerians from Sudan?

Not from Sudan idiot! My dad was awarded for returning $3k in the airport to the Nigerian customs service in 1993! He rose to the prime of his career.. now, whose your dad?
BTW you can verify my story..
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by honor4me: 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
tuoyoojo:
Breaking it down

70milion naira to hire one bus.

Not to buy o to hire

9ja!

We dey use everything to hammer
II have sympathy for this government but not on this. This is outrageous. How can such amount be spend just on one bus. Olorun wa nibe?

1 Like

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Hessem: 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
PUSSYHOE:

Hahaah

I will remember this your post. Shee una support them,una never see anything.

He who laugh last, laugh best

As I didn't support them, anything they do wrong,I will complain cos I saw it coming but if I hear any pim from any of u,thunder will scatter your meat along the express way

1 Like

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by desmond2pk: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
But it was so easy to rent a plane to fly nnadu kanu from Kenya to Nigeria but hard to rent flight to bring Nigeriians out-of war zone
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Hessem: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
ednut1:
rest

Can u see how u have sold your soul to the devil.

U will support evil till the day u will leave the Earth and evil will be your companion all the days of your life
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by blaise26abj(m): 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2023
I don’t think any amount is too high to save lives . If someone steals out of the money but lives are saved , Atleast something was done to save lives . The logistics of going into a danger zone to rescue people is not yams . There is no room for negotiations as such . The drivers are risking their lives . They can tell you 3 million dollars and if you disagree and your citizens are killed , the same people castigating 1.2 million dollars will shout “how much is 3 million dollars over the lives of the citizens ”” Nigerian lives don’t have value etc “ .

1 Like

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by tuoyoojo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
honor4me:

II have sympathy for this government but not on this. This is outrageous. How can such amount be spend just on one bus. Olorun wa nibe?

This is one of major problem with gov, overinflation of govt contracts

This is something someone offers to do for free
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by mymadam(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
CondenseMilk:

... When war breaks out in an area, a bottle of water can go as much as N3000 on the street.
As in present day Nigeria 🤔
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by socialmediaman: 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
CondenseMilk:

I remembered when $43m cash was found in an ikoyi mansion in Lagos

Anyway that's an opportunity for transporters to leverage on to cover up possible risk.

When war breaks out in an area, a bottle of water can go as much as N3000 on the street.

That’s how much it cost in Borno back in the days?
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Originalsly: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2023
Competing demands .... you outbid the others but yet 29 buses are not utilized as yet? .... when the news is saying since Friday that most countries are mopping up evacuations? We paid for 40 buses to get our people put in the break.... only 13 got out..... 29 will be coming out in the midst of battle.
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by phemmyfour: 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
PUSSYHOE:

Corruption cannot fight corruption. Tinubu era will be combination of all manners of atrocious act against the economy
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by YeyeBoyfriend: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=122834945]Another corruption! What were you thinking when the US, China and others sent their country planes to evacuate their nationals? Now you are hiring buses to take out your citizens @ inflated costs.[/]
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by YeyeBoyfriend: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
Racoon:
Another corruption! What were you thinking when the US, China and others sent their country planes to evacuate their nationals? Now you are hiring buses to take out your citizens @ inflated costs.

The US bused her citizens out of sudan not evacuated by planes.

China and Indian warships evacuated their nationals at the same dock in Sudan.

China expatriates arrived at Saudi ports and plan to return to China from Saudi Arabia.

These countries didn't send planes anywhere.

Turkey said one of its evacuation planes was struck by gunfire as it was landing outside of Khartoum. No casualties were reported. No country can occupy sudan's airspace so far there's no govt in place to negotiate with to provide security/cover for the planes to use its airspace.

We the citizens are as bad as the govt if not worst, just because you didn't agree with the govt doesn't mean you should behave like them

You're fighting for justice, equity, truthfulness and a better environment (supposedly) but here you're polluting that same environment with lies, injustice, and false news.

You + the other people that liked your comment, please let the change begin with you if y'all want a better Nigeria.

E go better!

1 Like

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by WAPINATION: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Will Nigeria ever get better?
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
babz11:
Sometimes you just have to pretend in this country like nothing happen, all this kind of news can send someone to early grave, what type of negotiation team will negotiate 1.2m dollars for busses it's absurd
Only in our darling country
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by alatbaba1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:
C130s have no seats which means that Nigeria plans to airlift its citizens on a 6-hour journey sitting on the bare floor while there are free Boeing 747s in the Air Peace fleet to comfortably ferry them home safely.

Really ?? C130 don’t have seat. Have you flown on a C130 before ? 🙄

Might not be the best of seat but they are pretty comfortable

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Chucks13: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
I'm still not understanding this whooping $1.2million to hired a bus. Pls how much can buying one of the bust cost I mean to buy it?
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by Quebec91(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
cheesy
PUSSYHOE:

Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by richmond500: 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:
C130s have no seats which means that Nigeria plans to airlift its citizens on a 6-hour journey sitting on the bare floor while there are free Boeing 747s in the Air Peace fleet to comfortably ferry them home safely.
omo, on sabi complain o.
A war plane evacuating Nigerians from a war zone is not a bad idea.
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by richmond500: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
tuoyoojo:
Breaking it down

70milion naira to hire one bus.

Not to buy o to hire

9ja!

We dey use everything to hammer
it's 13million
Re: Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG by richmond500: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ever8090:
I am sure it is not up to half of what Nigeria is paying. Reason is because majority of the money is going into the pocket of those in charge of the exercise
It's a war torned country, there is no air-lifting so the buses will charge exorbitantly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / PDP Commences Committal Proceedings Against Amaechi, Army Chiefs, Others / Fire Incident At NNPC Station In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.