Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance (1284 Views)

Again, Lai Mohammed Accuses Media Of Under-Reporting Military Successes / SERAP Sues Buhari Over Gag Order On Reporting Of Terrorist Attacks / Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
I travelled down to Abia State this month. I was surprised at the level of good road I saw in the state.

Almost all major roads and streets are well tarred within Umuahia town. Most of the places that have bad roads are mostly federal roads.

From Ohokobe down to Amawom have bad roads. This road is a federal road. I don't know what federal road maintenance agency is doing in Abia state.

This agency, left the bad part of the road at Orpet junction and we're retarring the good part of the road after the junction beside ibeku high school causing useless traffic during working hours.

Kudos to the federal government for taking good care of the road from Umuahia to Aba.

A shout out to Dr. Ikpazu, the executive governor of Abia state for the flyover bridge at Osisioma.

That may not be the best bridge in Nigeria but it's among the best. The siting of that bridge cleared off Osisioma of dirt, bad road, etc from that environment.

People say Aba is dirty. I beg to disagree. Aba is clean. However, Aba markets are dirty because they are markets.

Many parts of Aba that aren't markets have good and clean roads and environment.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MasterJayJay: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
No need arguing with you.

Ikpeazu lost, PDP lost in Abia because of what?

1 Flyover for 8 years?

Enyi a, don't insult our intelligence.

Refuse has taken over the roads in Aba. Just search for ASEPA on Facebook and see posts Aba residents are complaining.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MXrep: 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:

1 Flyover for 8 years?

The standards are too high in the East

5 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MXrep: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:

1 Flyover for 8 years?

Refuse has taken over the roads in Aba. Just search for ASEPA on Facebook and see posts Aba residents are complaining.

That always happens when a government is winding down

2 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
The worst outing of Ikpazu is his inability to pay salary as and when due.

The workforce of every nation determine its prosperity. The inability of government to pay salary in time reduce purchasing power this affects businesses and the economy.

More jobs were lost due to this factor in Abia state. I blame the governor. The educational sector is in comma.

This does speak well of a governor who came from educational background.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:

1 Flyover for 8 years?

I left Aba two days ago to Lagos. I don't know where you dumped the imaginary refuses that full Aba.

People share old pictures as new and you are using it as indices.

4 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
I spent a week in Aba. Spent another week in Umuahia. I plied a few roads. I argued with a Keke driver that took me from Michael okpara university of Agriculture to gate because of the the governor.

I asked him why they say the governor isn't doing anything. He couldn't say anything tangible. I was speaking from experience of the journey.

He ended up saying the governor isn't extending development to the villages.

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
If you live inside the interior parts of lagos. You will never believe Lagos state government is working.

If you also live too long in a place without going round, you will not notice development.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
Abia has improved a lot within the past 2 years especially when it comes to roads and drainage. The problems is that the first 6 years of this current administration was poor.

By the time Ikpeazu started doing good, most people already made up their minds about Abia.

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2023
Also people judge Abia state with Ariaria market area. This is very unfair because the dirtiness of that area has caused so much damage to to image of the whole state.

The truth is that if not that igbos have much higher standards when it comes to what to expect from their leaders, you will realize that Abia is much better than so many other states in terms of development.

4 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:
Abia has improved a lot within the past 2 years especially when it comes to roads and drainage. The problems is that the first 6 years of this current administration was poor.

By the time Ikpeazu started doing good, most people already made up their minds about Abia.

This may be true.
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MasterJayJay: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:

I left Aba two days ago to Lagos. I don't know where you dumped the imaginary refuses that full Aba.

People share old pictures as new and you are using it as indices.
You left Aba? Travel around cos you can stay in Aba and still have less knowledge of what's happening.

This is current video from Enyimba FM Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/100081615956919/posts/pfbid029o9qg4bNqn11HiN8S82XhZXTfxQGqq57UFLYqC4noV6Npisq9uYa3apVZcwPJ8val/?app=fbl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
What people need to also know is that, Aba is majorly market.

These markets generate more waste that residential areas. The amount of waste generated by each market differ according to the type of wares sold there.

You can't compare building materials market with food stuff market in waste generation.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MasterJayJay: 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Drainage? Tell that to Ariaria traders whose shops are overtaken by flood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:
What people need to also know is that, Aba is majorly market.

These markets generate more waste that residential areas.

Exactly. Waste management from the markets it’s lacking. That’s what generates so much waste. When outsider come to buy things, they see the dirty markets and conclude that the whole city or state is like that.
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Drainage? Tell that to Ariaria traders whose shops are overtaken by flood.

So the whole Aba city starts and ends in Ariaria market?

4 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:

You left Aba? Travel around cos you can stay in Aba and still have less knowledge of what's happening.

This is current video from Enyimba FM Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/100081615956919/posts/pfbid029o9qg4bNqn11HiN8S82XhZXTfxQGqq57UFLYqC4noV6Npisq9uYa3apVZcwPJ8val/?app=fbl

Post pictures. I don't have Facebook.

Also state the area. I will be going to the East within next two months. I will check it out.

Mind you, you don't live in a market area and be saying a state is dirty.

Market is not a residential area

4 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Roboto11: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2023
I talk am.

By 2027 some people go dey call themselves Ikpeazudients.
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Exactly. Waste management from the markets it’s lacking. That’s what generates so much waste. When outsider come to buy things, they see the dirty markets and conclude that the whole city or state is like that.

Unless they are brain dead will they make such conclusion because they travelled down to that place and they passed other places.

There is no big market in Nigeria that is clean especially those that sale perishable goods.

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2023
Roboto11:
I talk am.

By 2027 some people go dey call themselves Ikpeazudients.

Take your hatred for Peter obi to another thread if you have nothing to contribute.
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Take your hatred for Peter obi to another thread if you have nothing to contribute.

Lol! Why you go dey talk to robot nah
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:

Unless they are brain dead will they make such conclusion because they travelled down to that place and they passed other places.

There is no big market in Nigeria that is clean especially those that sale perishable goods.

Nairaland tried to demarket Aba and Abia state. Do you know how many dirty pictures of Ariaria that the mods kept on pushing to the front page. In fact there was a period that it was a monthly occurrence.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Roboto11: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Sharap.

This is how it started.

Anambrians were the first to let the whole world know incompetent Obi was an administrator.

This was said in real time.

Same way Ikpeazu who we all know as a failure is suddenly being promoted as an excellent governor

Seems this is how the east acts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MasterJayJay: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:

Post pictures. I don't have Facebook.

Also state the area. I will be going to the East within next two months. I will check it out.

Mind you, you don't live in a market area and be saying a state is dirty.

Market is not a residential area

Where is your own pictures you took?

So I should go out now and take pictures to convince you?
Asi in?

I live at the back of Ariaria, by 8 balls filling station. Went to St Michaels road to buy phone accessories on Friday. Passed through Faulks road which was an eyesore.

Aba is a mess. You can choose to defend useless Ikpeazu. Aba people have already given him his punishment by retiring him from politics.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2023
Roboto11:

Sharap.

This is how it started.

Anambrians were the first to let the whole world know incompetent Obi was an administrator.

This was said in real time.

Same way Ikpeazu who we all know as a failure is suddenly being promoted as an excellent governor

Seems this is how the east acts.

Who in this thread said ikpeazu was a good governor? Mention the person. I am waiting

2 Likes

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Nairaland tried to demarket Aba and Abia state. Do you know how many dirty pictures of Ariaria that the mods kept on pushing to the front page. In fact there was a period that it was a monthly occurrence.

It's Aba people that live in the market that does that. Why should someone live in the market and want to experience the kind of things those that live in residential area do?

I don't get it.

You are to go to market, sell, buy and go home.

Do you know what it will take government to repair roads in the markets?

Market has to close down for a few days. How many will agree to that?

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Roboto11: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Who in this thread said ikpeazu was a good governor? Mention the person. I am waiting

Under reporting means what?
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by MasterJayJay: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
horsepower102:

So the whole Aba city starts and ends in Ariaria market?

Where does your own start?

If the major areas are not taken care of, it's ridiculous to use minor areas as case study.
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Where is your own pictures you took?

So I should go out now and take pictures to convince you?
Asi in?

I live at the back of Ariaria, by 8 balls filling station. Went to St Michaels road to buy phone accessories on Friday. Passed through Faulks road which was an eyesore.

Aba is a mess. You can choose to defend useless Ikpeazu. Aba people have already given him his punishment by retiring him from politics.

You sent me a Facebook link. I said I am not on Facebook. If you want me to see the picture there. Bring it here.

I didn't ask for any picture from you

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by horsepower102: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:

It's Aba people that live in the market that does that. Why should someone live in the market and want to experience the kind of things those that live in residential area do?

I don't get it.

You are to go to market, sell, buy and go home.

Do you know what it will take government to repair roads in the markets?

Market has to close down for a few days. How many will agree to that?

The government didn’t implement a sanitation policy in the markets. They literally abandoned their responsibility. So people were just doing what they wanted. The blame starts from the government. Ikpeazu to be specific.
Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
Roboto11:

Under reporting means what?

Type am for Google

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Under Reporting Of Governance by Roboto11: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:

Type am for Google

No, you use ChatGPT.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Hon. Uche Ugwu Elected Speaker Enugu House Of Assembly / South-east Remains The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria / Niger-ebola War- I Hear Shouts Of Joy In Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.