Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) (53799 Views)

Truck Crushes Two Commercial Buses In Onitsha, Many Feared Dead (Photos) / Lagos, Oando Take Delivery Of First Electric Buses In Nigeria / Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by omokudu(m): 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
Acekidc4:
Lagos the Pace Setter. Always in the News for good good development.

Unlike some Ndi Developers Haven, Red Red Mud Association Ltd.

Ah Ah Who stone Me Na

Shut up and thank Oando
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by omokudu(m): 10:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
Must you guys carry standing?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
WriterrNig:
All 🇨🇳 CHINESE electric buses. For those always asking what China has done for Africa.
Hian, for posting this picture against the USA, I will ask Biden to arrest you and detain you in Cuba for 45 years tongue
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Onyeziokwu(m): 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
nlfpmod:
Governor Sanwo-Olu announces:

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1652675139719385089?t=Kq5lneyrXyEw3kC5euui1g&s=08

Copying the West same way you guys copied in locking down innocent Nigerians with zero palliatives. Why not first fix your power sector? Imagine Togo here could boast of 24/7 electricity whilst Nigeria is still playing politics with her power sector. Just imagine Nigeria as a country that couldn't generate something some individuals generate privately in Germany are now talking of electric commercial vehicles.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by sslcrypt: 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
WriterrNig:
All 🇨🇳 CHINESE electric buses. For those always asking what China has done for Africa.

PROPAGANDA DIRT BAG. KEEP SPEWING YOUR LIARS AND RUBBISH, ITS A SHAME.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by litaninja(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
Would. Future. Where's the plant?

These vehicles will be powered by diesel generators. I'll remind you when that news hits NL.

How well have the current BRT busses been maintained? The older red ones are all but dilapidated, the more recent blue ones will follow suit shortly.

Jerryherd:
cool

Yoruba leads

To the bitter bad belle people that have toxic questions

*How will it run without electricity?!

- Lagos bus, Lagos Rail, LASG Secetariat and Lagos Hospitals would all run on Independent Power Plant built by Tinubu off grid

*Will it run out of power?!

-No a BRT bus runs 200km daily, a fully charged electric Buss has a full capacity of 280km per 100% full charge

*Can we maintain the Busses

-Tinubu built BRT lane but Diesel metrol busses and since 2 decades it had grown remarkable to an Electric model.. EV busses have few parts that requires maintaining unlike Diesel busses.. I runs on Fast Charger Electric rotor,

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by TollinsN: 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
A nice one from Lagos. Hope recharging these vehicles have already been taken into consideration
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by litaninja(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
But they're touting it as cleaner for the city. How is it cleaner if you're just running diesel generators instead of diesel bus engines?
Lmao

humberjade:
Nice one

For your info, these buses would have strategic terminals where they are to be recharged. So it doesn't have anything to do with with the state of electricity in the country, an industrial generator is good enough to back up the electricity from the national grid.

So no cause for alarm, na maintenance come remain.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
With this glaring evidences of the US and the west’s exploitative inclination, some would rather see us colonized all over by the west and hate the Chinese. By the way, I have been trying to figure out why the US supported apartheid South Africa ?

WriterrNig:
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
With this glaring evidences of the US and the west’s exploitative inclination, some would rather see us colonized all over by the west and hate the Chinese. By the way, I have been trying to figure out why the US supported apartheid South Africa ? And together, dem wan dash us human right “

WriterrNig:
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Protect18: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2023
WriterrNig:
Don't be ungrateful. The AIDs given to Nigeria only by the US government runs into hundred of million of USD. Everything you claimed here were China doing business and exploiting the foolishness of African leaders. China don't give AIDs.
Also, the Chinese are the leaders in illegal mining.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by xevove2061: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
seguno2:

Will you be generous enough to give five key deliverables for good governance to you

1-5 will be puttimg the horse before the cart and not the cart before the horse.that is good governance
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
Religiously:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank
You no de tire ni

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
Acekidc4:

Ah Ah Who stone Me Na
If tribalism and hatred coupled with bigotry no kill you make I no wetin cause am.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by OYEDIPE(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
WriterrNig:
This is deep o.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by xevove2061: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
jumper524:
Lagos has lived up to expectation.
Despite the Abuja being the capital of Nigeria since 1991, it has struggled to gain clear cut advantage over lagos state as both City are still very competitive in development.
When I give kudos to the architecture of modern lagos(Asiwaju) , people would complain that its the federal capital in the past, meanwhile they've had 3 governors after the capital was moved to Abuja before Asiwaju yet none of them were seen to be credible enough to be given this accolades.
God bless Asiwaju and the lagos state governors who have set up standard of development.
Also God bless Baba tunde raji fashola.

Its obvious you have not travelled outside nigeria before for ypu to ascertsin lagos is has lived above its expectation. A captial city does not have to be where everhthing happens. Fof instance look at Bern and Zurich.. go to Zurich and you will thinknits the captial of switzerland, bern which is the captial does ot even have half of the commerical activity going on in zurich despite being bigger in all ramofications. ABUJA or anyother city in nigeria will never be as big as lagos in amy aspect.

You must have been a foetus to underate whhat Maruwa did in lagos in hos short time as governor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Horus(m): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
Oando partners Yutong, receives electric buses for Lagos

By Teliat Sule

Oando Clean Energy Limited (OCEL), a renewable energy business subsidiary of Oando Plc, has announced it has received electric mass transit buses that will kick start the sustainable transport initiative in Lagos State, Nigeria’s commercial capital. The announcement was contained in the notice sent to the Nigerian Exchange Group(NGX) wherein OCEL stated that the delivery of the electric vehicles was part of its commitment to the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) to enable the successful deployment of an electric vehicle infrastructure ecosystem involving electric buses, charging stations, and other supporting infrastructure “towards the attainment of a sustainable road transport system in Lagos State.”

According to OCEL, the memorandum of understanding which was signed in 2022, was meant to “bridge the gap in the current mass transit bus system for the increasing number of Lagos commuters and make up a significant part of the State Government’s larger drive to improve mass transit infrastructure.” “In line with its culture of excellence, OCEL, partnered with Yutong Bus Co Limited, the world’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer to produce the electric buses, equipped with air conditioning and Wi-Fi. In addition to the arrival of these electric buses, OCEL has also taken delivery of the charging stations and spare parts necessary to ensure their effective operation. “Consequently, and in line with the provisions of the partnership between OCEL and LAMATA, the receipt of both the buses and charging stations marks the commencement of our Sustainable Transport Initiative, which is one of the Company’s pipeline projects to support Nigeria in meeting her goal of net zero by 2060,” OCEL stated.

The agreement between the parties will see to the deployment of over 12,000 electric buses in Lagos State, helping to transition the current combustion mass transit buses to electric buses, and with a view to generating for Lagos State about $2.6 billion as estimated economic cost savings, create 3,000 employment opportunities for drivers and 2,000 job openings for other support staff.
Frank Lee, managing director of Yutong West Africa expressed his satisfaction on the progress being made on the project.
He said: “This is a watershed moment for Yutong. It is our first delivery of electric mass transit buses in Sub-Saharan Africa and the first step in the large-scale deployment of an electric powered public road transport system in Nigeria.

“We are excited to be embarking on this journey in partnership with Oando, an organization with a history of stellar performance in the energy sector and are hopeful to see a quick turnaround in our joint plans to advance all facets of the country’s transition to eco-friendly vehicles, including the development of local capacity through the delivery of, and exposure to extensive training programs for all stakeholders, from drivers to operators and the regulators.”

Adewale Tinubu, the Chairman, OCEL spoke further on the transactions.
He said: “Audacity and innovation have always been key tenets in our journey to transform Nigeria’s energy future. It’s this spirit that has brought us to this juncture today – at the forefront of propelling Nigeria towards realizing her netzero targets. The arrival of our electric mass transit buses and development of an EV infrastructure ecosystem is a reminder that the only way to remain ahead of the curve is by being unafraid to break new ground and consistently looking for opportunities to leapfrog.

“Furthermore, this project underscores the African saying, ‘If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together.’ Public-Private Partnerships have been critical to getting the project to this point and will continue to fuel our expansion across the entire country.”
The global electric bus market was worth $40 billion in 2022 with 112,041 units according to Markets and Markets, and it is expected to hit 671,285 units in 2027, growing at 43.1 percent compounded annual growth rate. The Asia Pacific countries are expected to experience the fastest growth rates especially in Japan, South Korea, China and India.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by TippuTip: 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
Religiously:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank

And am sure you voted APC at the last polls, because of their 10k handout on election day

Dibo ko sebe

What did you cook that day, orobo chicken? the soup never finish?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Bigchristo: 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
Acekidc4:

Ah Ah Who stone Me Na
Them go wipe you 2x2 plank 😂😂😂
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Trackstars: 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nekee:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland, I'm  celestine am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.
I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years. my hand are also got afected making me not able to use my fingers well
. my problem now is that life have been very hard for us me and my mother lately.she is diabetic for long and she been the one carrying for me.her condition been Worstening lately.

to provide food and some medicine is hard, my family has been supporting us but the burden haz been too heavy, have been strugling with life since then to survives. I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection
Not able to for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid I need your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares. I depend on some medical supplies for survival . For d past few months I have been getting terribly sick always .pls I need your help.
Acct num:
Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for call video/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3U7d13_Lgc

thanks.please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, thanks

Useless crippled thief
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Ashirioluwa: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good one, but the real question is: can we maintain it? Because nothing works in this country.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Skmoda(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
Acekidc4:

Ah Ah Who stone Me Na

Stop eet😏
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by investigator007: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nice, this is really lovely to see.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:02am On May 01, 2023
Acekidc4:

Ah Ah Who stone Me Na

u can't maintain diesel buses u went to buy electric buses? Either sanwolu thinks lagos is dubai or he is chasing clout.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 12:03am On May 01, 2023
WriterrNig:
Head slammer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? / Meet Jasmine Harrison, The Youngest Female To Row Solo Across Atlantic Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.