Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I (1094 Views)

Immigration Officer Dies After Protesting Over The Demolition Of His Palm Farm / Irigwe Militia Kills Cows Belonging To Fulanis In Plateau State (Photos) / Demolition Of Brothels In Maiduguri Begin After Clamp Down On Prostitutes. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 12:24am On May 01, 2023
Igbo youths under the aegis of Coalition of South East Youth Leaders, COSEYL have condemned in strong terms the demolition of buildings in Ajao Estate by the Lagos State Government, accusing Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of fanning the embers of ethnic hostilities.

At least 13 houses have been pulled down at the estate since the demolition began on Friday.

General Manager, of Lagos State Building Control Agency, LASBCA, Gbolahan Oki, said the affected buildings lacked required approvals and were cited around airport-restricted areas and on aviation fuel pipelines.

Describing the situation as a disaster waiting to happen, Oki said the buildings could cause a pipeline explosion in the future which according to him, could result in loss of lives and properties.

The LASBCA boss also said the property owners lacked the required documents as approvals for construction in that area.

But in a swift response, COSEYL claimed that most of the affected buildings were owned by Igbo people living in Lagos.

The apex Igbo socio-political youth group in the South East dismissed the excuses by LASBCA as flimsy, alleging that the action was a political vendetta.

It claimed it was targeted against Ndigbo for voting against the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC, in Lagos during the just-concluded general elections.

COSEYL in a press statement by its President General, Goodluck Ibem, called on Governor Sanwo-Olu to immediately halt the action to avoid igniting civil unrest.

The statement read in part: COSEYL is enraged over the massive demolition and destruction of houses and property belonging to Igbos in Rockview Ajao Estate and other areas supposedly won by the Labour Party, LP, during the presidential elections in Lagos State.

“This is wicked, barbaric, senseless, and stupidity of the highest order.

“Governor Sanwu-Olu is gradually building up anarchy and a war that might consume the entire Nation. We warn him to retrace his step and stop forthwith the demolition of Igbo houses in Lagos State.”

COSEYL further alleged that the situation had confirmed that the Lagos State Government had explanations to offer in the fire outbreaks in some Igbo-dominated markets in Lagos.

It challenged the State Government to explain all it knew about ” the attacks and killings of Igbos during the general elections in Lagos”.

The statement further read: “Dr. William Wilberforce Chuba Okadigbo of blessed memory ones said that:” If you are emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education is useless. Your exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind”.

“We call on President Muhammadu Buhari to call Governor Sanwu-Olu to order before he throws the country into anarchy and lawlessness.

“Nigerians no matter the tribe are constitutionally empowered by law to live in any state or community of their choice and that law to bigger than Sanwu-Olu and his partners in crime to change overnight.

“We call on the United Nations and the international community to immediately intervene while also placing a visa ban on Governor Sanwu-Olu and his partners in this wickedness against humanity.”

https://www.sojworldnews.com/igbo-youths-condemn-demolition-of-structures-belonging-to-kinsmen-by-sanwo-olu-in-lagos/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/lasg-faan-demolish-mansions-built-without-approvals-planning-permits-at-ajao-estate-watch-video/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/accept-defeat-over-election-you-lost-woefully-fg-tells-obi-atiku/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/inside-life-couple-fake-kidnap-to-extort-uk-relatives/

For Breaking and News updates, kindly send your name and location to our WhatsApp No. 09069473894, add us to your group for our news updates. IGNORE, if you're already with us.

Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Wodu89: 12:28am On May 01, 2023
Rivalry takes another dimension. And the bitterness continues
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by AmotekunSW: 1:15am On May 01, 2023
Are they saying Igbos are the ones illegally building houses on pipelines and government land in Lagos?

Lagos will demolish every property built on government land, if you don't like it, go and die.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by yemobrown(m): 1:26am On May 01, 2023
Nawa o
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Ihateheadslamer: 1:41am On May 01, 2023
Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu the illegitimate INEC induced governor select will never fail to disappoints the oppositions tongue
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Jerryherd: 2:24am On May 01, 2023
cool

When you run your mouth online as a poor miscreant and troll... Sometimes annonymous

Remember your breadwinners in Lagos feeding you with Yoruba money, sending you money home from Yoruba market and living on Yoruba land

Now they call on Jubril El Sudan to help them caution Sanwo-Olu

They also want international comiunity to issue Visa ban to Sanwo Olu who has diplomatic passport

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by ChristianMuslim: 2:40am On May 01, 2023
This is the aftermath of all the insult, bashing, bully you gave to Baba Emilokan and his anointed ones.. Good luck to all of you for the next 4 years.. May your mouth never put you into trouble

3 Likes

Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by yarimo(m): 3:08am On May 01, 2023
This is very commendable from Lagos state government. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by jerk: 5:19am On May 01, 2023
The knew this before but kept quiet, why after the election?

The demolition is political to me.
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by UselessBuharist: 5:32am On May 01, 2023
My question is how does the caterpillar operator feel bringing down a beautiful structure like these. I just wonder the kind of house he lives
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by wakaman: 6:37am On May 01, 2023
grin
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:39am On May 01, 2023
If them born them Papa well, let them try EndSARS II

They will be flogged and given the hometraining them papa no give them. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:39am On May 01, 2023
cheesy
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by oyebanji44: 7:01am On May 01, 2023
Not only to die. .let them go back to their region..as simple as that..

Is it by must for them to live in south west..

AmotekunSW:
Are they saying Igbos are the ones illegally building houses on pipelines and government land in Lagos?

Lagos will demolish every property built on government land, if you don't like it, go and die.
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by DonEd(m): 7:28am On May 01, 2023
Reading the comments above mine just makes me wonder if we really know what racism is. What we are about practicing will be worse compared.

People should remember that we are Nigeria first before ethnic groups.
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Rahkman: 7:44am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

When you run your mouth online as a poor miscreant and troll... Sometimes annonymous

Remember your breadwinners in Lagos feeding you with Yoruba money, sending you money home from Yoruba market and living on Yoruba land

They also want international comiunity to issue Visa ban to Sanwo Olu who has diplomatic passport

yoruba money ?? Lol funny jokers grin
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Offpointng: 8:26am On May 01, 2023
Normally you should feel pity for them, but when you consider to how much they make mouth you can't help it but feel indifferent.

Igbos would buy one plot in the SW, manage to build it and be feeling they've arrived cus I can't seem to understand how they get to buy ancestral land in the city. bunch of demented jokers, now even with the half plot they manage to buy SW Government dey collect am.

Those guys really need to learn tbh. sad
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Houseontherock1: 10:57am On May 01, 2023
Your dubious nature made you build houses on pipelines, without legal documents. Stop with the victim mentality before it consumes you! Also, bulldoze every Yoruba house built illegally on Igbo soil undecided
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by TERMlNATOR(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2023
yarimo:
This is very commendable from Lagos state government. grin grin grin grin
dont worry.

Owambe will soon be banned
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by TERMlNATOR(m): 11:08am On May 01, 2023
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:23am On May 01, 2023
Political motivated ko.
Same Lagos state government that demolished ancestral buildings in ikorodu.
Anything for growth is welcome.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 01, 2023
Approach and tact is important, when approaching government, especially on matters of land. The government clearly said, the houses were built in pipelines...
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by BLACKDICK007: 2:15pm On May 01, 2023
any igbo that don't like it should relocate back to igboland
Re: IGBO Youths Condemn Demolition Of Structures Belonging To Kinsmen By Sanwo-olu I by MzErica(f): 6:45pm On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

Typical way chest beaters reasons. 🤣🤣🤣

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Bathing His Female Church Members Naked In The Church: Video / Is This 419 Or What. / Pls House Could This Be Real Or An Avenue To Scarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.