Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

My Poultry Journey... - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Journey... (38008 Views)

My Poultry Farming Experience! / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Jozilinn: 9:39pm On May 18, 2023
Nice one op may God bless your hustle 🙏🙏🙏
Re: My Poultry Journey... by ahnie: 9:53pm On May 18, 2023
Foodqueen:

Thx sweetie.

U no the funny thing is... I reared some last year December, people didn't really price it well, so I decided to give them what will profit me more.

I sell the chick to them, after that they keep coming to buy their feed.

Thereby I make more money.

I finish this one under one week. I can't imagine the profit.

Started selling at 2wks 3days.
Kudoz kiss
Re: My Poultry Journey... by ahnie: 9:58pm On May 18, 2023
Incredible128:
Thank God for you, turkeys can be devils sometimes grin grin
There's this turkey that always likes chasing me whenever I go to grind beans,he would pufff his feathers up n long disgusting comb then lash at me for no reason at all.

It was such a huge relief to. Me when I heard. He has bn sold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Journey... by greenalwaz: 11:44pm On May 18, 2023
Re: My Poultry Journey... by MasterTeeUSA: 12:12am On May 19, 2023
Keep me informed and when you are ready to scale up, we can be of help. We support individuals and what do we ask....pass it forward and support others. Email us your progress and a proposal to scale up when the time comes...I would love to follow your progress for 1 yr. My Mom rears too but we give them away during Christmas as part of our NGO. Keep up the good work --- idagbaempowermentfoundation@gmail.com

Foodqueen:
I rear broilers to start selling from 4 weeks.

This is my own side Hussle.

This time I added 2 turkey, cos I av never reared a day old turkey before.

I also added 5 cockerel to be roaming in the compound and eating left overs.

So far, they are doing very well.

No death till now, and I pray it remain so.

They were 7days old when this picture was taken.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Nobody: 2:30am On May 19, 2023
Foodqueen:

They are there, somewhere together.

One thing I noticed some days ago is that they've identify themselves. U can easily see the cockerels together, and the turkey always together, unlike the broilers that are scattered everywhere.

This always happen when they've eaten and they are relaxing.

Hian, na tribalism abi racism!
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Foodqueen(f): 2:58am On May 19, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Keep me informed and when you are ready to scale up, we can be of help. We support individuals and what do we ask....pass it forward and support others. Email us your progress and a proposal to scale up when the time comes...I would love to follow your progress for 1 yr. My Mom rears too but we give them away during Christmas as part of our NGO. Keep up the good work --- idagbaempowermentfoundation@gmail.com

Do you help widows too
Re: My Poultry Journey... by ycat: 3:26am On May 19, 2023
Medicated chickens? Come on get them out to roam in the sun to forage. Worms, veges and healthy grains are what they are designed to eat. Use charcoal to deworm them.
mitchelle16:
Please ma can you give me breakdown on the medication to be given to broiler from day old till maturity point of sale
Re: My Poultry Journey... by IamAsiri: 4:26am On May 19, 2023
Okealaaye:

The tin pain Omo Eboe big!

Interesting! I am Yoruba though - from both sides of my parents in fact! Pele! We Yorubas are not stupid like you are portraying us; only a few of you are.

2 Likes

Re: My Poultry Journey... by IamAsiri: 4:27am On May 19, 2023
Okealaaye:

The tin pain Omo Eboe big!
Re: My Poultry Journey... by MasterTeeUSA: 5:02am On May 19, 2023
Sure but we do not do handouts. We verify, we have expectation of independence - we believe in teaching people how to fish not give fish.

Foodqueen:

Do you help widows too

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Nobody: 6:45am On May 19, 2023
IamAsiri:

Interesting! I am Yoruba though - from both sides of my parents in fact! Pele! We Yorubas are not stupid like you are portraying us; only a few of you are.

Next time, please steer clear of the Agric section to spit your bile. Kindly limit it to the politics section. Thank you.

You must be a relation of the foolish farmer who forgot his cutlass at home!
Re: My Poultry Journey... by IamAsiri: 7:00am On May 19, 2023
Okealaaye:

You must be a relation of the foolish farmer who forgot his cutlass at home!

Pele. Just take your stupidity out of the Agric section and stop derailing the thread. In a bid to also do that, I will stop replying you and modify other replies myself. Do have a great day.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Foodqueen(f): 8:16am On May 19, 2023
4 wks today.

Sold all the broilers except the two I kept.

The two turkey are fine.

I now leave them to roam the compound.

New order coming in next week.

Catching these two for photoshoot isn't easy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Incredible128: 8:17am On May 19, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
ahnie:

There's this turkey that always likes chasing me whenever I go to grind beans,he would pufff his feathers up n long disgusting comb then lash at me for no reason at all.

It was such a huge relief to. Me when I heard. He has bn sold
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Pootle: 8:28am On May 19, 2023
Ogiame:
You want the one with dreadlocks?

na the afro type

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Demurray: 9:55am On May 19, 2023
GeneralPulal:

Very nice..

But you’re not suppose to make their beddings a bare Sandy floor. It’s dangerous to them health..

You can go to sawmill to get sawdust. That’s the best beddings for them!
There's no problem with using sand as bedding, so long you have heated it, leave to cool before use. Even sawdust is not good but treated wood shaving .
Re: My Poultry Journey... by nautybride: 10:03am On May 19, 2023
nedekid:
Op, more greeze to your elbows.
On a lighter note, those days my mama did this stuff. Prepared the place with equipments, saw dust etc. The chicks were delivered. They were put in the cages. The next morning the 50 of them had mysteriously vanished! No trace from the cage. She placed another order delivered the following week. Omo, the next morning all don dissappear!
Foto! No be juju be that?
Na so she abandon poultry grin

It could be cats.

2 Likes

Re: My Poultry Journey... by nautybride: 10:05am On May 19, 2023
Foodqueen:
4 wks today.

Sold all the broilers except the two I kept.

The two turkey are fine.

I now leave them to roam the compound.

New order coming in next week.

Catching these two for photoshoot isn't easy.
Good job sis. You have done well. Can you please rate your profit in percentage?
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Kaido: 1:15pm On May 19, 2023
Germi9:
That notorious turkey go beat nonsense comot from those chickens body grin
I have some turkeys...I dey see shege for dia hand especially the male turkey.
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Delightsome2023: 8:15pm On May 19, 2023
nedekid:
Op, more greeze to your elbows.
On a lighter note, those days my mama did this stuff. Prepared the place with equipments, saw dust etc. The chicks were delivered. They were put in the cages. The next morning the 50 of them had mysteriously vanished! No trace from the cage. She placed another order delivered the following week. Omo, the next morning all don dissappear!
Foto! No be juju be that?
Na so she abandon poultry grin
how possible?
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Delightsome2023: 8:21pm On May 19, 2023
Germi9:
That notorious turkey go beat nonsense comot from those chickens body grin
them plenty pass am na
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Delightsome2023: 8:26pm On May 19, 2023
Okealaaye:
How come the chickens resemble Peter Obi and his goons like this? Maybe because they share the same fowl brain! grin grin grin grin grin grin
haha haha I love vawulence cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Germi9: 8:51pm On May 19, 2023
Kaido:

Turkey no dey hear word ooo he dey pursue him owner sef
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Germi9: 8:51pm On May 19, 2023
Delightsome2023:
them plenty pass am na
Turkey no dey hear word oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Journey... by nedekid: 9:42pm On May 19, 2023
Delightsome2023:
how possible?
Till today, still a mystery. Some suggested they were stollen as it is a big compound with workers, some suggested snakes, we never found any snakes, besides can snake swallow so many chicks? Cats a suggested by someone here, but you will see signs of blood, feathers etc.
Anyway, the only sensible explanation is a worker stole and took them out. But security de gate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Foodqueen(f): 10:18pm On May 19, 2023
Kaido:

The 4 wks old turkey don begin follow my children today sef, they fly anyhow.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Journey... by Foodqueen(f): 3:43am On May 20, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Sure but we do not do handouts. We verify, we have expectation of independence - we believe in teaching people how to fish not give fish.

Ok. If am not asking for too much, can your organization reach out to an orphanage in a Catholic church in Ketu, lagos. Those children needs all the help they can get. It's been run by some missionary(reverend) sisters.
Re: My Poultry Journey... by MasterTeeUSA: 5:02am On May 20, 2023
Please send the information to our email ... idagbaempowermentfoundation@gmail.com. The Lagos State Chapter is launching this month in preparation for our 1yr anniversary in June. We are currently in talks to work with an orphanage in Ayobo, Lagos as part of our inaugural project in Lagos state. We are open-minded. The team will go to the location, carry out the needed surveillance, provide a report, and we will then act. An orphanage in a Catholic Church should be well-funded by the church. We will reserve our judgment till we do the needful. Sadly, some of the workers in these orphanages can even discourage givers by insisting on what they want and the approach donors must take.

Foodqueen:

Ok. If am not asking for too much, can your organization reach out to an orphanage in a Catholic church in Ketu, lagos. Those children needs all the help they can get. It's been run by some missionary(reverence) sisters.
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Foodqueen(f): 5:47am On May 20, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Please send the information to our email ... idagbaempowermentfoundation@gmail.com. The Lagos State Chapter is launching this month in preparation for our 1yr anniversary in June. We are currently in talks to work with an orphanage in Ayobo, Lagos as part of our inaugural project in Lagos state. We are open-minded. The team will go to the location, carry out the needed surveillance, provide a report, and we will then act. An orphanage in a Catholic Church should be well-funded by the church. We will reserve our judgment till we do the needful. Sadly, some of the workers in these orphanages can even discourage givers by insisting on what they want and the approach donors must take.

Ok. Thank you
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Maxitomxane(m): 4:03pm On May 21, 2023
Foodqueen:

The small ones are cockerel.

I av sold everything.

Bringing in another set, next week
Sharp sharp...
Re: My Poultry Journey... by Maxitomxane(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2023
Pootle:

na the afro type

Lol...Some chickens have afro😅..
The exotic silkie chicken is your best bet!

I once had a chicken that had punk feather cut grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Rice Producing States In Nigeria / Flood Destroys Garba Shehu's Farm In Jigawa State (Pictures) / Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.