Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe (19120 Views)

Am Withdrawing The New And Old Naira Note (pic) / Magnus Abe Sings To Celebrate Supreme Court Judgement Over Rivers APC / Rivers Poll: Court Okays Suit Seeking To Disqualify Wike Over Birth Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by kaydee007(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2023
The governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Rivers State, Magnus Abe says he is withdrawing his petition against the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) challenging the March 18 governorship election which produced Siminaliayi Fubara of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the Governor-Elect.

Abe made this known while addressing party faithful at the SDP state head office in Port Harcourt, the state capital on Sunday.

He said his action was borne out of his love for the state and his interest in moving the state forward.

Abe said, “The interest of our state has always been and will remain paramount to me. We cannot at any stage of our politics put our own interest above the interest of those who have sacrificed so much to follow us.

“We cannot also put our ego above every other consideration in our State. We must learn as politicians to be pragmatic and put the interest of Rivers State and Rivers people above every other interests.

“Having taken a very clear review of the situation in the state and what is happening in the state, I have decided, in consultation with the party both at the national and at the state, that I, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, will withdraw my petition at the Election Petitions Tribunal in the interest of those who have suffered and sacrificed in support of our cause.

“More importantly, it is the interest of our state so that we begin to reduce the bickering and confusion that is in our state, in order to give all of us opportunity to be able to move forward with our lives.

“I take this decision very conscious of the pain, of the trauma and of the confusion it will bring to all of you.”

Abe also denied allegations by the state government that he was demarketing the state in anticipation of a Federal Government appointment.

He maintained that those who blocked a major road in Port Harcourt at INEC’s gate and arrested lawyers in their hotel rooms from getting materials that could help their case in the courts are those who are demarketing the state.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by socialmediaman: 1:21pm On May 01, 2023
Tell me a country where a domestic-owned airline offers to lift your countrymen out of Sudan for free but you choose to go into a bidding war with other countries to use buses instead, and spend $2.1 million dollars grin grin grin

Edit: For those quoting me to type rubbish, the UK airlifted over 1,800 of their citizens out of Sudan. Your own is to lie idle on your 6-spring bed and open your phone to be defending the government that didn't make it possible for jobs to be available to you since 10 years ago when you graduated. Continue

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by garfield1: 1:21pm On May 01, 2023
Job well done.he delivered ogoni votes to tinubh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by DMerciful(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2023
Obi won Rivers state, this is a fact. INEC is a fraudulent organization
garfield1:
Job well done.he delivered ogoni votes to tinubh

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by press9jatv: 1:38pm On May 01, 2023
Abe knows vividly that Wike will frustrate him and his case in the court of justice. But the same Wike will leave that on May 29th and Nigerians will know the end of Wike and its political dynasty in Rivers State.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by garfield1: 1:46pm On May 01, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi won Rivers state, this is a fact. INEC is a fraudulent organization

Yes but tinubu won ogoni

8 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by DMerciful(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2023
How do you know that? Is it based on inec announced results, irev results or polling units results?
garfield1:

Yes but tinubu won ogoni

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by princepeter566: 2:00pm On May 01, 2023
This is someone that genuinely lost an election not someone that his mandate was stolen

36 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by magoo10(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2023
Not surprised
Magnus Abe was wike's mole in the apc before he decamped to SDP , he and wike dey the same camp

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by garfield1: 2:30pm On May 01, 2023
DMerciful:
How do you know that? Is it based on inec announced results, irev results or polling units results?

Based on irev.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Skillsnigeria: 2:41pm On May 01, 2023
Noted
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by tonicyril: 2:41pm On May 01, 2023
Has he collect his portion of agbado already?? grin grin

According to the obidients

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by olaboy33(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2023
Hh
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by oluwaseunamos33(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2023
Mtchewwww. You for continue and let's see who go tire now
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by 1gbdata: 2:42pm On May 01, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Weedhustler: 2:44pm On May 01, 2023
We don't know u here in rivers....get d Bleep outta here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by SmartyPants(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2023
kaydee007:
The governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Rivers State, Magnus Abe says he is withdrawing his petition against the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) challenging the March 18 governorship election which produced Siminaliayi Fubara of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the Governor-Elect.

Abe made this known while addressing party faithful at the SDP state head office in Port Harcourt, the state capital on Sunday.

He said his action was borne out of his love for the state and his interest in moving the state forward.

Abe said, “The interest of our state has always been and will remain paramount to me. We cannot at any stage of our politics put our own interest above the interest of those who have sacrificed so much to follow us.

“We cannot also put our ego above every other consideration in our State. We must learn as politicians to be pragmatic and put the interest of Rivers State and Rivers people above every other interests.

“Having taken a very clear review of the situation in the state and what is happening in the state, I have decided, in consultation with the party both at the national and at the state, that I, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, will withdraw my petition at the Election Petitions Tribunal in the interest of those who have suffered and sacrificed in support of our cause.

“More importantly, it is the interest of our state so that we begin to reduce the bickering and confusion that is in our state, in order to give all of us opportunity to be able to move forward with our lives.

“I take this decision very conscious of the pain, of the trauma and of the confusion it will bring to all of you.”

Abe also denied allegations by the state government that he was demarketing the state in anticipation of a Federal Government appointment.

He maintained that those who blocked a major road in Port Harcourt at INEC’s gate and arrested lawyers in their hotel rooms from getting materials that could help their case in the courts are those who are demarketing the state.

What I thought Obi would have said and done.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by tesppidd: 2:44pm On May 01, 2023
grin grin

He don dey work towards Federal appointment.

So what is the justice for your supporters whom you claimed were flogged and injured by Wike and his people before and after the Governorship election?

Magnus Abe is just another smooth-faced, sleek-talking con-man afterall.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Houseofglam7(f): 2:44pm On May 01, 2023
undecided
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by bewla(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2023
T
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Okiton: 2:46pm On May 01, 2023
grin
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by tommy589(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2023
Ok

His chance of getting Federal appointment in the next administration is high
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Abaman001(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2023
Abe's case was already closed even before the Gubernatorial election, so his withdrawal of court case is just a formality.... If you know you know...

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by mcgodison2531(m): 2:48pm On May 01, 2023
socialmediaman:
Tell me a country where a domestic-owned airline offers to lift your countrymen out of Sudan for free but you choose to go into a bidding war with other countries to use buses instead, and spend $2.1 million dollars grin grin grin
. This is not what they are talking about here

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Upton: 2:48pm On May 01, 2023
Lol
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Jamiubond009(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2023
grin
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by slimmoney(m): 2:52pm On May 01, 2023
are u aware that Turkish plane was riddled with bullets in sudan while trying to evacuate it citizens? na people like u dey raise tensions anyhow.
socialmediaman:

6 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Arabk25: 2:53pm On May 01, 2023
SDP has nothing to challenge in court I strongly believe they lost the elections woefully.

Meanwhile LP mandate was stolen its a different thing entirely

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by omisanjo(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2023
Domestic airline can be shot down mistakenly in a war situation dats y an air force plane with Nigerian flag is ordered for safety purposes. I commend d Airpeace CEO for his kind and Patriotic gestures
socialmediaman:

6 Likes

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Eternitymedia88: 2:53pm On May 01, 2023
Oga don collect....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt / Bolanle Raheem: Osinbajo Reaches Out To Husband, Family / NLC To Negotiate New Minimum Wage To N100K, N200K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.