Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe (19138 Views)

Am Withdrawing The New And Old Naira Note (pic) / Magnus Abe Sings To Celebrate Supreme Court Judgement Over Rivers APC / Rivers Poll: Court Okays Suit Seeking To Disqualify Wike Over Birth Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by icedbreez(m): 2:56pm On May 01, 2023
Interests have aligned.

Wike now a Tinubu boy + Abe a long time Tinubu boy have settled under Tinubu's order.

Follow Nigerian Politicians at your own risk, if you die you die for nothing.

Find a job and focus on yaself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Valuepaints20(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by 8stargeneral: 3:13pm On May 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

What I thought Obi would have said and done.
You go wait tire
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by nedu666: 3:14pm On May 01, 2023
Magnus abe should tell us how much he collected and leave all this story of the interest of the state alone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Jagabanarmy: 3:16pm On May 01, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi won Rivers state, this is a fact. INEC is a fraudulent organization

Yes he won that state. I will always say the truth

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by SmartyPants(m): 3:16pm On May 01, 2023
8stargeneral:
You go wait tire

Too bad. Well, we move.
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Kcfresh2103(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2023
Abe Abe, those of us who are on ground in Rivers state.... knew you were never in the race. Whose company did Wike awarded the construction of the new NYSC camp in ogoni? You have played your part for Sim Fubara. You can only fool those who don't understand Rivers politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Svoboda(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2023
Good one.

Ps. This abe was far stronger than all the candidates Amaechi foisted on apc, ie, Dakuku and Cole combined. Amaechi sacrificed capacity for godfather control, and couldnt see beyond his nose. It however, remains a big dent on his stewardship as head of the apc in rivers, that he failed woefully on 3 occasions to wrestle power from the pdp.
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Svoboda(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2023
Kcfresh2103:
Abe Abe, those of us who are on ground in Rivers state.... knew you were never in the race. Whose company did Wike awarded the construction of the new NYSC camp in ogoni? You have played your part for Sim Fubara. You can only fool those who don't understand Rivers politics.

Pls, if you were in abes shoes, what'd you do?
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:29pm On May 01, 2023
socialmediaman:
Tell me a country where a domestic-owned airline offers to lift your countrymen out of Sudan for free but you choose to go into a bidding war with other countries to use buses instead, and spend $2.1 million dollars grin grin grin

Ask questions bro. It’s a war zone and a no fly zone. Planes have to land in Egypt to airlift passengers. That’s why we had to hire buses to convey citizens to Egypt for onward airlifting.

Getting the passengers to the Egyptian border was a challenge as they had to use local agents (Sudanese), the agents racked up their fares due to the increased risk. Besides they had to pay monies to local militias for safe passage . Not everything is discussed in the open

Now Egypt won’t let our citizens into their country without a visa (it’s their prerogative to jettison their immigration laws or not).

Air peace offered to help but the matter has now been used for political clout by the masses. The government decided to use much larger military planes
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Printerscanner: 3:30pm On May 01, 2023
socialmediaman:
Tell me a country where a domestic-owned airline offers to lift your countrymen out of Sudan for free but you choose to go into a bidding war with other countries to use buses instead, and spend $2.1 million dollars grin grin grin

If you are mentally stable, then you will or attempt to derail this thread with the story of your brothers doing drugs in Sudan
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by MasterTeeUSA: 3:32pm On May 01, 2023
Magnus Abe loves Tinubu. Wike worked for Tinubu's victory. Magnus Abe wanted a Tinubu Presidency. Interests align...even though he did not win. By dropping the petition, he might be compensated with a position in Tinubu's Govt or at the state level. I am sure someone from the cabinet spoke to him, and that is what we call....A SLAMDUNK move.

kaydee007:
The governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Rivers State, Magnus Abe says he is withdrawing his petition against the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) challenging the March 18 governorship election which produced Siminaliayi Fubara of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the Governor-Elect.

Abe made this known while addressing party faithful at the SDP state head office in Port Harcourt, the state capital on Sunday.

He said his action was borne out of his love for the state and his interest in moving the state forward.

Abe said, “The interest of our state has always been and will remain paramount to me. We cannot at any stage of our politics put our own interest above the interest of those who have sacrificed so much to follow us.

“We cannot also put our ego above every other consideration in our State. We must learn as politicians to be pragmatic and put the interest of Rivers State and Rivers people above every other interests.

“Having taken a very clear review of the situation in the state and what is happening in the state, I have decided, in consultation with the party both at the national and at the state, that I, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, will withdraw my petition at the Election Petitions Tribunal in the interest of those who have suffered and sacrificed in support of our cause.

“More importantly, it is the interest of our state so that we begin to reduce the bickering and confusion that is in our state, in order to give all of us opportunity to be able to move forward with our lives.

“I take this decision very conscious of the pain, of the trauma and of the confusion it will bring to all of you.”

Abe also denied allegations by the state government that he was demarketing the state in anticipation of a Federal Government appointment.

He maintained that those who blocked a major road in Port Harcourt at INEC’s gate and arrested lawyers in their hotel rooms from getting materials that could help their case in the courts are those who are demarketing the state.
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Charly68: 3:33pm On May 01, 2023
They have written off his election cost
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by actright2(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2023
Which Airport would the domestic Airline have landed in Sudan biko!
socialmediaman:
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by President2001(m): 3:35pm On May 01, 2023
Money has changed hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by crisubanijunior(m): 3:40pm On May 01, 2023
You have a very sound brain and an advance sense of reasoning and logical thinking like me. God bless your thoughts.
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by ivolt: 3:46pm On May 01, 2023
socialmediaman:
As a social media man you should know that no airplane can land safely in Sudan.
But I guess you are just out to rant.
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by AntonioBen7: 3:47pm On May 01, 2023
Gggffc

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Alexiiydon: 3:49pm On May 01, 2023
press9jatv:
Abe knows vividly that Wike will frustrate him and his case in the court of justice. But the same Wike will leave that on May 29th and Nigerians will know the end of Wike and its political dynasty in Rivers State.
you’re just a clown his end when his anointed Dey the position lap dog
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 01, 2023
icedbreez:
Interests have aligned.

Wike now a Tinubu boy + Abe a long time Tinubu boy have settled under Tinubu's order.

Follow Nigerian Politicians at your own risk, if you die you die for nothing.

Find a job and focus on yaself.
You're wise.
.I voted for Magnus Abe but it'd take a fool not to see that Wike has become Tinubus boys. And Magnus Abe has always been Tinubus boy.

Wike rigged Rivers State to Tinubu and rigged governorship for SIM.

Tinubu can't allow Magnus Abe to challenge the results in court because it'd uncover a lot of dirt considering he, Tinubu is also in court. So, he's settled them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by chipet67(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2023
garfield1:

Yes but Tinubu won ogoni
I don't know of the whole Ogoni, but in the unit I worked as PO in Khana, Tinubu (APC) won with a very wide margin, no intimidation, no fights... Very peaceful.
Peter Obi had just 2 votes.
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Biksy200: 4:08pm On May 01, 2023
This Tinubu man is just a con artist who shouldn't have been taken seriously in the first place by any Rivers person. Some of us knew he was secretly working for Tinubu even while contesting as a governor under SDP
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by offongk(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2023
Business politician right from immoral
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by limeta(f): 4:48pm On May 01, 2023
He said his action was borne out of his love for the state and his interest in moving the state forward.

Hnmmmmm ok oooo
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Housing(m): 4:57pm On May 01, 2023
socialmediaman:

Edit: For those quoting me to type rubbish, the UK airlifted over 1,800 of their citizens out of Sudan. Your own is to lie idle on your 6-spring bed and open your phone to be defending the government that didn't make it possible for jobs to be available to you since 10 years ago when you graduated. Continue

You are the one lieing on this Onyema gave a condition. Which is what the Federal Government worked on
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by konajon30: 4:59pm On May 01, 2023
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by bigcasava1(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2023
I don't know how this ur love for Rivers state covers those that lost their lives in the election?
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by princeemma69: 5:01pm On May 01, 2023
Maybe this is the result of the meeting of Wike and Makinde with Tinubu. I pity his followers who got injured and their houses burnt during the electioneering campaign. The earlier Rivers youths stop ass-licking politicians, the better for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by Housing(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2023
socialmediaman:

Edit: For those quoting me to type rubbish, the UK airlifted over 1,800 of their citizens out of Sudan. Your own is to lie idle on your 6-spring bed and open your phone to be defending the government that didn't make it possible for jobs to be available to you since 10 years ago when you graduated. Continue

Continue lieing to yourself. The Domestic Airline gave condition that it can only airlift stranded Nigerians from Sudan from a neighbouring country free of war and that is what the Federal Government did and currently doing.

Is not everything that you politicised
Re: Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe by garfield1: 5:05pm On May 01, 2023
chipet67:

I don't know of the whole Ogoni, but in the unit I worked as PO in Khana, Tinubu (APC) won with a very wide margin, no intimidation, no fights... Very peaceful.
Peter Obi had just 2 votes.

Khana usually gives bloc votes.which community lp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uneasy Silence In Rivers Over Okowa As Atiku’s Running Mate / Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol / $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.