Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi (23600 Views)

How Much Is Electricity In Your Area / Latest News Polictice IPOB Members Over Whelmed With Joy Over Visit To UN – THE / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by qtx(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2023
Aonkuuse:

https://dailytrust.com/kaduna-electric-how-soldiers-beat-up-our-staff-over-disconnection-of-kebbi-barracks/
Damburo uba, aide crez? you come cut light for a whole army barrack? Kai, u get mind. You are lucky you are still alive. grin Ordinary civilians suffer a lot in your hands you still want to extend that to army. hmmmmm. O.Y.O.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Jagabanarmy: 4:09pm On May 01, 2023
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by hamcertified(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2023
That's not the best way
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by CollinsJimmy: 4:09pm On May 01, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nigerian soldiers and police men are very oppressive in nature.....They misuse power and treat civilians as tho they have got no lives to live..very pathetic sad
E be like say u be NEPA staff
Get ready to chop ur own be*ting cos una deserve aam. So many zuzu from those NEPA officials. Mtcheeww

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by mosaicafrique: 4:10pm On May 01, 2023
How on earth will a right thinking NEPA man go to disconnect Soldiers light??
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Bfly: 4:11pm On May 01, 2023
This matter tire me. Everybody get im own weakness abeg.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Pojomojo: 4:11pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Here is how it works, why we do not have power

1.Government controlls the price of power, and sets it below the cost of producing said power.

2.From 2015-17 , prices of power were frozen

3.Nigerians ...nearly 40% of us do not pay for the power we use. Yes, including the barracks.

4.And under these circumstances, you expect them to perform?

We have a working GSM sector, because the government lets them charge as much money as they want. And they make enough profit as a result to improve their serivices year in year out.

Noted but how do you explain not have transformer which leads to darkness and we paid for it for the whole 8 months.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Careente7(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2023
If money is the root of all evil you can see me ball but you’ll never see me fall cuz I gat the...
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2023
CollinsJimmy:

E be like say u be NEPA staff
Get ready to chop ur own be*ting cos una deserve aam. So many zuzu from those NEPA officials. Mtcheeww

So, you won't deny service to people who come and take your goods for free, if you were in business?

Okay.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by real777(m): 4:12pm On May 01, 2023
Look at these animals in uniform beating a citizen for disconnecting their light. I have said it many a times that most Nigerians don't have the capacity to pay for 12 hours continuous electricity lest mentioning 24hours light. Army barracks were used to free light in the days of NEPA/PHCN through intimidation and oppression and that stupid mentality still runs in their blood till date. One of the mushroom soldier barracks close to me here collected over 2 million naira from lockups stores in their domain & never remitted #1 to the DISCO. Till today, it still a mystery to me how some Nigerians easily pay their electricity bill to DISCO staff instead of walking to approved outlets to pay their bills. At the end of it all, only to find out no money reflected in their account all these years.

Another set of criminals in Nigeria are those that bypass electricity. You will think it is smartness heck no it is fraud. Your neighbours or fellow citizens will surely pay for your fraud through estimated billing. God forbid it is certainly not me. Some Nigerians on this forum do celebrate how they pay little above 3 to 5k electricity bill having consume like 80 to 100k. You are not better than an internet fraudsters and a looting politician.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 4:12pm On May 01, 2023
Pojomojo:
Noted but how do you explain not have transformer which leads to darkness and we paid for it for the whole 8 months.

No profit...difficulty in fixing things. Transformers included.

Again, if you are in business, you have to have the right to fix your prices. If you do not, ye cannat make a profit enough to keep things running.

There is a reason why GSM works in Nigeria. Government lets them charge freely. As a result, they had the money to build the supporting infrastructure for our phone and much of our internet service. Government did not spend a dime. Plus, you cannot bypass a phone...like you do for power. To use a phone, you have to pay. Cheat codes have long since been cut off.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Senkasa(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2023
BloomingDale:
If I’m the electrical company, I swear even after 100 years that army no go still get light.

This is Nigeria my dear. They are one family
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Jagabanarmy: 4:13pm On May 01, 2023
Aonkuuse:

https://dailytrust.com/kaduna-electric-how-soldiers-beat-up-our-staff-over-disconnection-of-kebbi-barracks/

This uncivilized disposition is condemnable and the soldiers involved should be punished.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by SalamRushdie: 4:13pm On May 01, 2023
Nepa deserve anything they see

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by leisuretym: 4:14pm On May 01, 2023
Wow

This stick made the news , the ordinary stick is now a celebrity stick , I’m sure the stick never envisaged it

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by mordred44: 4:15pm On May 01, 2023
Na family matters
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by dododawa1: 4:15pm On May 01, 2023
Supported
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Neoteny7: 4:17pm On May 01, 2023
youngsahito:
No sign of remorse from me. Nepa won't give u light but they bring high bill to customers. Ekedc and Ikeja Electric should be the next.
Let them feel the pain for paying without get the service being paid for....

You get your bills AFTER consuming electricity, not before. If you think you're unfairly billed there are channels to complain.

You sound like the sort who won't pay, and who often attack the utility employees when they come asking for payment. You probably would bypass or tamper with a meter too, judging by your tone.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by me69: 4:21pm On May 01, 2023
wawa republic were military is not professional and mingle their nose in things wey no concern them. DSS and CBN dey fight, Police and Police Service Commission dey sue each other. Make every village create his own country make everyone rest
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by seaboyzen: 4:21pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Here is how it works, why we do not have power

1.Government controlls the price of power, and sets it below the cost of producing said power.

2.From 2015-17 , prices of power were frozen

3.Nigerians ...nearly 40% of us do not pay for the power we use. Yes, including the barracks.

4.And under these circumstances, you expect them to perform?

We have a working GSM sector, because the government lets them charge as much money as they want. And they make enough profit as a result to improve their serivices year in year out.

40%
Where you get your statistic

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 4:24pm On May 01, 2023
seaboyzen:

40%
Where you get your statistic

HERE

A newspaper report I saw in the Sunday Trust even gave some higher figures some 4-5 years ago.

The above link is extant for 2018. It may even be an underestimate.

Then there is the fact that DISCOS are not allowed to charge cost reflective tarrifs.

(I don't work for the DISCOS, I just decided to do some reading up from 2013, trying to udnerstand why government wanted to privatise power, and this is the result. That plus simple economics. Businesses work when they can make a profit)>
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by OloyeVIII: 4:26pm On May 01, 2023
Abusadiq01:
E Choke, Choken't it
E choketh
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Nicenixon: 4:27pm On May 01, 2023
BloomingDale:
If I’m the electrical company, I swear even after 100 years that army no go still get light.
Dem no get light o, the worst they can do is to attack again but this time there will be hidden cctv to record their nefarious acts.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Edoziesmart(m): 4:29pm On May 01, 2023
Abuse of power
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by aniblue(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2023
Fashola told us that no reasonable govt will stay for 6months without providing constant power supply.
Now he's a serving minister, 8yrs later, Nigerians are now headquarters of darkness and poverty.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Machinegun91(m): 4:33pm On May 01, 2023
I have nothing to say about this.

Both Nepa and those soldiers are going to face their judgement
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Autobot05: 4:34pm On May 01, 2023
When they see boko haram now then go humble like small boys ... this is why I dont pity them
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by ransomed: 4:41pm On May 01, 2023
Whoever is not satisfied with the soldiers should go to court.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Chiboto414: 4:42pm On May 01, 2023
Okiton:
grin

I no fit yarn on this issue
Both Nigerian army and NEPA people are Bird of a feather, both are evil
with time na so all of us would be beating the useless nepas

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Kukutenla: 4:45pm On May 01, 2023
See that guy with him thin waist
Na this kind guys dey climb ladder cut people light
Nigeria army do well for this one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did You Use 5 & 10 Kobo Coins? (pics) / Flood Sweeps 3-Year-Old Girl Away In Idi-Araba, Lagos (Video) / Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.