Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi (23599 Views)

How Much Is Electricity In Your Area / Latest News Polictice IPOB Members Over Whelmed With Joy Over Visit To UN – THE / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Kukutenla: 4:47pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Here is how it works, why we do not have power

1.Government controlls the price of power, and sets it below the cost of producing said power.

2.From 2015-17 , prices of power were frozen

3.Nigerians ...nearly 40% of us do not pay for the power we use. Yes, including the barracks.

4.And under these circumstances, you expect them to perform?

We have a working GSM sector, because the government lets them charge as much money as they want. And they make enough profit as a result to improve their serivices year in year out.

What is this one saying
Where is govt controlling the price of power?

We have a faulty transformer in our estate. I just paid 5k as my own part of the money did repair.
So what are you saying?
While I'm still paying their crazy bills despite not having light for two weeks and running gen
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by kerry57: 4:47pm On May 01, 2023
Old news, it happened on the 29th of April. learnt of the incident on a viral live video
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by RaptorX: 4:58pm On May 01, 2023
It is only in Nigeria that soldiers are demi gods beating police, Lastma now electricity workers, in the US soldiers are treated like regular citizens in that a police officer will arrest them if they misbehave in public. Nigeria soldiers don't have an idea what being a soldier entails and I am amaze Nigerians tolerate their excesses for this long and I blame the long years of military rule.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Fearyourcreator: 4:58pm On May 01, 2023
youngsahito:
No sign of remorse from me. Nepa won't give u light but they bring high bill to customers. Ekedc and Ikeja Electric should be the next.
Let them feel the pain for paying without get the service being paid for....
Even if light dey steady una no dey wan pay... Go buy solar at least if you spend like 1.2m e go serve you well

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Rechargeam247(f): 4:59pm On May 01, 2023
They should be sued for harassment.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by real777(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Here is how it works, why we do not have power

3.Nigerians ...nearly 40% of us do not pay for the power we use. Yes, including the barracks.

4.And under these circumstances, you expect them to perform?

We have a working GSM sector, because the government lets them charge as much money as they want. And they make enough profit as a result to improve their serivices year in year out.

This is a fact. More than 40% of electricity used in Nigeria is lost through theft and the staff of these companies can not be exonerated. Trust me, more than 95% of people using hot plate in Nigeria do not pay for it hence it is hidden from the landlord thereby spiking up the energy bill. A smart land lord should make it for their tenants to pay their electricity consumption directly to DISCO. This is the issue I am facing in my dad's house (passage house) Tenants occupied 4 rooms with each room paying 5,500 inclusive of light bill+water. I noticed a particular tenants uses electricity more than others thereby raising the energy bill to 20+ monthly exceeding their so called house rent lol. Already doing something about it because if you know you like enjoyment, be ready to pay for it too. Nigerians too like free things yet they are the first to always curse this country. A wicked tenant wants me to be paying for his own load after giving him a comfortable clean and cheap house to relax.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by sammy7410(m): 5:06pm On May 01, 2023
BloomingDale:
If I’m the electrical company, I swear even after 100 years that army no go still get light.
And even after 100 years u still dey collect dat is "if"

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by alibiz: 5:06pm On May 01, 2023
Why do this soldiers misbehave like this, Maltreating people in there line of duty, the relevant authorities should react to this
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by pikechukwu6(m): 5:09pm On May 01, 2023
the MD deserve this more!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 5:11pm On May 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

What is this one saying
Where is govt controlling the price of power?

We have a faulty transformer in our estate. I just paid 5k as my own part of the money did repair.
So what are you saying?
While I'm still paying their crazy bills despite not having light for two weeks and running gen

Yeah, you haven't been reading up, have you.?

You don't have to believe me. 11 years ago, I thought like you did, then I woke up and faced reality.

No such thing as free lunch, old boy. People at the end of the day have to be paid for their service.

I have so much to tell you, but since you think I am 'one of them' good evening.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by jojothaiv(m): 5:15pm On May 01, 2023
reiddecuti:
An average Nigerian man becomes mad with power.

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.”

“Despotic power is always accompanied by corruption of morality.”

“Authority that does not exist for Liberty is not authority but force.”

“Everybody likes to get as much power as circumstances allow, and nobody will vote for a self-denying ordinance.”

“Absolute power demoralizes.”

All these quotes by Lord Acton clearly defined the state of average Nigerian man in corridors of power.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Advocate1810(m): 5:15pm On May 01, 2023
Aonkuuse:

https://dailytrust.com/kaduna-electric-how-soldiers-beat-up-our-staff-over-disconnection-of-kebbi-barracks/

Nigeria forces are to face external attacks but they’re the ones still attacking the innocent civilians
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Nwaotu10(m): 5:19pm On May 01, 2023
If them see UGM now, dem go tear race grin grin
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by MrAmbrose(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2023
Why beating a full grown man? Make more money and get solar for yourself.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by sonature1: 5:20pm On May 01, 2023
youngsahito:
No sign of remorse from me. Nepa won't give u light but they bring high bill to customers. Ekedc and Ikeja Electric should be the next.

You people always find a way to justify stupidity yet you want the country to work. If you don't want NEPA light, switch to solar or generators!
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by WrathOfHadez(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigerians who don't pay their power bills are even more evil.

It is because you want free power supply, without thinking about the fact that it costs money to give you power, that you talk like this.

Nearly 40% of Nigerians do not pay for the power they use. Plus, the government does not let them DISCOS charge cost reflective tarrifs, and as a result the DISCOS, GENCOS do not have money to pay for improved power supply.

Oga, before you call me their slave, ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

If you were in business, would you like it if 40% of your customers do not pay, and the rest take your goods and services at a cost less than what you bought them for?

No such thing as free service .
so high bills covering the epileptic power supply we constantly receive is undercharging?

Do you know millions of customers with estimated billing system that are charged monthly for electricity they never used?
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 5:33pm On May 01, 2023
WrathOfHadez:
so high bills covering the epileptic power supply we constantly receive is undercharging?

Do you know millions of customers with estimated billing system that are charged monthly for electricity they never used?

1.Yes, it is undercharging. Bills in Nigeria are not cost reflective.

2.Then there are the millions of customers (let's use your hyperbole here) who don't even pay for their power usage, and make things harder for those of us who do pay.

The day you realize things cost money....
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by WrathOfHadez(m): 5:36pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.Yes, it is undercharging. Bills in Nigeria are not cost reflective.

2.Then there are the millions of customers (let's use your hyperbole here) who don't even pay for their power usage, and make things harder for those of us who do pay.

The day you realize things cost money....
reflect on the bolded: you're not part of us....you're part of the bureaucratic Criminals who are no different from ritualists and every Godless soul who uses people's blood for money.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 5:37pm On May 01, 2023
WrathOfHadez:
reflect on the bolded: you're not part of us....you're part of the bureaucratic Criminals who are no different from ritualists and every Godless soul who uses people's blood for money.

Ah the abuse has started.

Good evening, and have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by obama99: 5:39pm On May 01, 2023
Lawlessness: power pass power
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by blowjohn(m): 5:52pm On May 01, 2023
No be nepa?
There own na to to visit house then claim that ur not buying power as u shud
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by efficiencie(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2023
Aonkuuse:

https://dailytrust.com/kaduna-electric-how-soldiers-beat-up-our-staff-over-disconnection-of-kebbi-barracks/

Total animals. Imagine the animalistic response. If you knew it was dangerous to leave the barracks in darkness why didn't you pay up or revert to prepaid billing after all electricity must have been budgeted for in the federal budget. Imagine animals. They believe everything must be resolved by violence. No strategy, no self respect, no honor...just plain animals in uniform with gun. No wonder they sit and watch the country being plundered by politicians. Their mates in the 60s would have initiated a coup but the army has been reduced to a herd of animals with an IQ of 10.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by charlesdinho(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2023
very good. we want same thing to happen in oyo state. our power supply is very very poor. beat the bastards unitl they shit on their pants

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by Kukutenla: 6:18pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, you haven't been reading up, have you.?

You don't have to believe me. 11 years ago, I thought like you did, then I woke up and faced reality.

No such thing as free lunch, old boy. People at the end of the day have to be paid for their service.

I have so much to tell you, but since you think I am 'one of them' good evening.
Reading up what?
Prove it that govt is controlling the price of power

Is me paying for repair of transformers part of "being paid for their service"?

How many times have you paid for telcos to fuel the sites in your area

You're only telling lies abeg and making excuses for bad behaviour of service providers
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

Reading up what?
Prove it that govt is controlling the price of power

Is me paying for repair of transformers part of "being paid for their service"?

How many times have you paid for telcos to fuel the sites in your area

You're only telling lies abeg and making excuses for bad behaviour of service providers

Good evening.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2023
WrathOfHadez:
you or anyone who thinks electricity companies should bill more without increasing power supply actually deserves public beheading.

Good evening.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by cutedharmee: 7:01pm On May 01, 2023
youngsahito:
God bless you bro...you just spoke ma mind grin
That IKEJA electricity need serious beating that'll reset their brain
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by nairalanda1(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2023
WrathOfHadez:
you or anyone who thinks electricity companies should bill more without increasing power supply actually deserves public beheading.

Thanks for threatening my life.

In return, may God richly bless and keep you and your family.

Again, good evening.
Re: Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi by ItswellMike: 7:08pm On May 01, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

So beating them will solve the problem?
Na una go still cry injustice, and say Nigeria is lawless.

Instead of condemning the useless soldiers involved you are supporting them. What if they died in the process?
This is physical assault! 🙅‍♂️
E good
Make them collect more beating

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Discovers Missing Husband's Corpse In His Office / Did You Use 5 & 10 Kobo Coins? (pics) / Flood Sweeps 3-Year-Old Girl Away In Idi-Araba, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.