Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,115 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) (1812 Views)

If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? / Battle Of Otefan 1830: The Battle Where Oyo Defeated Sokoto Caliphate / Reno Omokri Mocks Buhari For Including A Dead Man's Name In His Ban List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by raskymonojendor: 3:15am On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
You're posting rumors, I'm posting 2023 culture and traditions. Reports from Obas themselves

Governor Hope Uzondima.

Even the leading officer said he was shocked that people in Imo and Anambra were practicing cannibalism in 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyAOSrsFuY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by NaMe4: 3:49am On May 02, 2023
This piece of observation was written down by a British colonialist around the 1800s; a period when the abolishment of slave trading had started.

A lot of people were named after the places they were camped or migrated to. How many Igbos are named Opobo today?
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by kettykings: 5:31am On May 02, 2023
As soon as I started enjoying the historical information on opobo and bonny ,I knew Satanist would clone inferior lies to destroy the thread

1 Like

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Obaaderemi2: 5:56am On May 02, 2023
kettykings:
As soon as I started enjoying the historical information on opobo and bonny ,I knew Satanist would clone inferior lies to destroy the thread
Did you not see that it was one of your ibo brothers that first insulted the Yorubas, thereby derailing the thread? You can't do without calling out the Yorubas then when they attack back, you claim victims.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:36am On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Lolo does not mean wife. That is Ndi Church warped Igbo. Lolo means titled woman/Great Woman. It comes from Nono the mother of the universe in Odinani. Whether married or not a titled woman can take the title. Widows can answer it for example, but because of Church women's titles have disappeared and they have become give away to wives of titled men.

Who is the Universe? A living being or an inanimate creation?
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Tukpa8: 11:03am On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

What language is Ijaw? This is a serious question, because if you look at the people Ijaw people claim are Ijaw they all speak different languages. If Orawarry sounds Ijaw, someone should tell me what it means in that language. Ijaw is a catch-all term for tribes that live on water, the original name is Oru and there are Igbo Oru. In fact, there are more Oru Igbo than there are Ijaw people as a whole. Ijaw its self has no meaning in Ijaw language.

Orawerry sounds like Orawere (She continuously eats) similar to Oriaku, but these are older names so I could be wrong.
Ijaw is one language....Ijaw is not like igbo with different languages where ebonyi people speak different language.
Nsukka that is the only close to igbo language too is not intelligible with igbo.

No wonder ebonyi people saying they are not Igbos...and no wonder igbos referring to ebonyi people as osu.
No wonder dave umahi maintain the statement ebonyi is not igbo.

so, don't compare your franchise tower of babel tribe to Ijaw..

Ijaw mean truth.
Ijaw is an English form for Ijo or Izon.
unlike your igbo without meaning.

Ijaws are not igbo mate, so respect the name.
imdigbo, respect your masters, so your days maybe long.....if you don't stopped disrespecting the great Ijaw tribe which happened to be master of igbo tribe,,deaths and miseries will not depart you...
Look at the dying of the your youthz everyday in the east..
Look at the destructions of houses and properties in your easy.
Look how igbo is now 7th class citizenship in nigeria.
Look at how minorities igbo has become.
Look at how igbo failed woefully in the last election no matter how you tried.
all these are not ordinary,,they are punishment from God for disrespecting the Ijaw Nation......if your pastors are really sincere, they will tell you all these.
more miseries awaiting igbos if they don't stopped disrespecting the great Ijaw Nation.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by YorubaSamurai: 11:14am On May 02, 2023
them finish flatheadds on their own thread grin grin grin
nice one omoluabis cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by ednut1(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

The envy did not begin today i see

there are over 200 tribes in Nigeria. Why should one be singled out for envy Abeg rest.

3 Likes

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Lolo does not mean wife. That is Ndi Church warped Igbo. Lolo means titled woman/Great Woman. It comes from Nono the mother of the universe in Odinani. Whether married or not a titled woman can take the title. Widows can answer it for example, but because of Church women's titles have disappeared and they have become give away to wives of titled men.

Oh, thanks for the clarification on Lolo. Always thought it meant wifey...as in Mrs! lipsrsealed
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Did you not see that it was one of your ibo brothers that first insulted the Yorubas, thereby derailing the thread? You can't do without calling out the Yorubas then when they attack back, you claim victims.

There are some of you....insecure and hateful peeps who have Igbo monikers with which you use to derail Igbocentric threads posing as Igbo! They will make a bigoted comment referring to Yoruba then switch monikers and use the comment as an excuse to enter the thread to derail it!
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2023
ednut1:
there are over 200 tribes in Nigeria. Why should one be singled out for envy Abeg rest.

Dude, envy is not always a logical emotion! Though in the case of Ndigbo, i would say the overriding negative emotion shown against us is hatred, which some misconstrue as envy, and this comes mainly from the Fulani and their Yoruba allies and has been going on since the 60s!
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by ednut1(m): 12:07pm On May 02, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

Dude, envy is not always a logical emotion! Though in the case of Ndigbo, i would say the overriding negative emotion shown against us is hatred, which some misconstrue as envy, and this comes mainly from the Fulani and their Yoruba allies and has been going on since the 60s!
hatred but you guys control most of the commerce and trade in Nigeria. You are arguably the richest tribe per individual. I served in abia state. Sometimes I wonder what hatred are you talking about . If it’s hatred north and south will not allow you guys to do your businesses na

3 Likes

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:14pm On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

The envy did not begin today i see

Ignore the bigoted twerp! For every negative quote against Igbos he can reference from a mid 18th century self-hating nigger with a superiority complex and who fancies himself as 'civilised', i can find positive ones said about us by neutral European observers who had no reason to favour one 'black nigger' over another! Like you said, it's not today this trolling against Igbos' started.....it's centuries old, and i blame the likes of Zik who should have known better than to support his kinsfolk sharing the same country with these people probably because he was hoping to be Prime Minister after independence!
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Wole Soyinka Recalls Meeting Cannibal Oba of Egbaland in 2016

https://drbiggie./2016/08/28/this-is-the-shocking-thing-that-happens-to-the-head-heart-and-liver-when-a-yoruba-king-dies/

Don't descend to their level! Just try and ignore the troll and focus on the theme of the thread! At one point or the other, ALL ethnicities in Nigeria went through a savage phase i'm sure none of them would be proud discussing today! There's a reason why there's a period called 'the dark ages'! smiley
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Warl0ck: 12:53pm On May 02, 2023
ednut1:
then stop the obsession with igbos

1 Like

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by yoribo: 12:56pm On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Historic document by Captain Hugh Crow of Liverpool (1830)

if Opobo is an Igbo name so.

You Igbos should stop this affiliation. Allow things to be how you meet it.

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by ednut1(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2023
Warl0ck:
then stop the obsession with igbos
who is obsessed with the igbos Or rather some igbos like to center themselves in everything

4 Likes

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Akaegwu(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2023
PROUDIGBO:
Adda and Lolo are still popular today, though Lolo is wife and not necessarily someones name. Acco is probably Iheanacho; i think Ocoba is Okoba; Orawarry sounds Ijaw; Ocory is Okorie; and Hyama is the one i can't think of what it is today.
Hyama is Ámá. Ama mean Road in Igbo Language

1 Like

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Ofodirinwa: 4:39pm On May 02, 2023
Different eras have different names that a popular and some disappear in the next generation. I have a document from 1901, most of our sir names are simply names that used to be popular (Nwosu, Okoye, Kalu, etc) in the early 1900s. But nobody is answering Nwosu as a first name anymore. Hyama might by Anyamma, or Aniama. Hard to say

1 Like

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by ednut1(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Different eras have different names that a popular and some disappear in the next generation. I have a document from 1901, most of our sir names are simply names that used to be popular (Nwosu, Okoye, Kalu, etc) in the early 1900s. But nobody is answering Nwosu as a first name anymore. Hyama might by Anyamma, or Aniama. Hard to say
what does Nwosu mean Care to educate us 😁
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Parachoko: 6:00pm On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Are you from Opobo?

I don know say we go start to dey see this kin thread after pnd0ra lose the Presidential Election.

Even the indigenes of Opobo do not claim to be igbos, nah you from far away South East wan dey tell them their history

Opobo is 100% an Ijaw territory

1 Like

Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Ofodirinwa: 9:26pm On May 02, 2023
ednut1:
what does Nwosu mean Care to educate us 😁
Nwaosu = Child of an expert
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by ednut1(m): 10:17pm On May 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Nwaosu = Child of an expert

lies.
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Ofodirinwa: 1:16am On May 03, 2023
ednut1:
lies.

It’s dangerous for Yoruba to shun rites for dead and new kings – Elebuibon, Ifa High Priest

During his installation, the succeeding Alaafin is taken by the Otun Efa to make a sacrifice to Sango and while with him is given a dish containing the heart of his predecessor, which he must eat. Later, he is taken to the Ogboni shrine where the Oluwo hands him the skull of his predecessor, which has been filled with a corn gruel which he must drink. T Read more: https://www.legit.ng/969391-actually-happens-head-heart-yoruba-king-death.html
https://www.legit.ng/969391-actually-happens-head-heart-yoruba-king-death.html
Re: Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) by Brek: 6:58am On May 12, 2023
Parachoko:
Are you from Opobo?

I don know say we go start to dey see this kin thread after pnd0ra lose the Presidential Election.

Even the indigenes of Opobo do not claim to be igbos, nah you from far away South East wan dey tell them their history

Opobo is 100% an Ijaw territory
No it's not

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribunal: Uphold Inec’s Submission, I Won In 21 States, Atiku Tells Court / Anambra Billionaire Jujuman Yet To Be Found.kidnappers Yet To Contact Family / Another Edo Obidient Influencer Throws Peter Obi And SE Under The Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.