Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,702 members, 7,816,871 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits (44762 Views)

Wike Declares Farah Dagogo Wanted, He Replies / 2023: Nyeson Wike Declares For Presidency / Insecurity: NCC Orders Shutdown of Telecom Sites In Zamfara State For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by akins088(m): 5:33pm On May 02, 2023
You mean a governor cannot declare public holiday in his state? Which school you go
Blue3k:
Lol everyone knows the state government doesn't do any work. Can any lawyer tell me what laws give him this power. I'm just curious considering public holidays are federal powers for whatever reason.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by tonicyril: 5:34pm On May 02, 2023
Gbogbowa:
wike known too well that Rivers people will not come out to welcome Tinubu so he has to declare holiday so that he can force the workers to attend.
whichever way, so far u are among the oppressed, I am happy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by VIKTO83(m): 5:35pm On May 02, 2023
Those Wike band boys go release a banger for Tinubu. Trust them never to disappoint.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by busomma: 5:35pm On May 02, 2023
How come this Wike thinks he's an emperor with unlimited powers? He spends Rivers State money without appropriation by the state assembly & nobody calls him to order. What type of country is this ?
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Arabk25: 5:38pm On May 02, 2023
Blue3k:
Lol everyone knows the state government doesn't do any work. Can any lawyer tell me what laws give him this power. I'm just curious considering public holidays are federal powers for whatever reason.

Am not a lawyer but I know there's a section in the law that gives a governor the power to declear public holidays as the case maybe

He's the chief security officer of the state

3 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by MrAgbako: 5:38pm On May 02, 2023
The lion himself jagaban is in town. Clear the read🙌😎

2 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Biksy200: 5:40pm On May 02, 2023
Wike must be a very foolish man for thinking he can force Tinubu on Rivers people who didn't vote for him.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Blue3k(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2023
akins088:
You mean a governor cannot declare public holiday in his state? Which school you go
Arabk25:

Am not a lawyer but I know there's a section in the law that gives a governor the power to declear public holidays as the case maybe

He's the chief security officer of the state

Can either of you cite the law you're referring to? Put up or shut akins088.

1999 constitution
Schedule II. Legislative Powers
Part I. Exclusive Legislative List
51. Public holidays.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Aleem26(m): 5:44pm On May 02, 2023
Wike d incoming minister of interior

1 Like

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by wasuka14(m): 5:45pm On May 02, 2023
Asiwaju want to make history again, as the only president to start working before the inauguration. God nah onlybyou fit do this one o.
Obirodents will cry till Jesus come. God already choose for us the leader that will take us to the promise land.

Those of you abusing and insulting and sluring Asiwaju, I believe what happened to judas and all his rodents who joined to stoned, wipe, nailed him to the cross gruesomely is what will happen to all of you soon.

ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/wike-declares-public-holiday-as-tinubu-visits-rivers-orders-shutdown-of-businesses/?utm_source=beloud.com&utm_medium=beloud.com

2 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Joecap(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2023
But he has not joined APC

Who remembers that Wike’s interview where he was asked if he would consider joining APC, and he replied by saying that PDP was “malaria” while APC is “cancer”. He then queried why anyone would leave malaria to go and carry cancer.

Na the same dey declare public holiday for cancer today🤦.

And I once thought Wike really stood for integrity, justice and fairness.

I’m sure it is the fear of empty streets that made him declare public holiday so that he can order civil servants to come lineup along the road to give the false impression that Rivers people came out en masse to welcome Tinubu.

But I dare to say that Tinubu will still be met by a ghost town.

Quote me after the shameful outing tomorrow.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Akharmony: 5:56pm On May 02, 2023
Make the people of the state no vex. . BAT is coming

2 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Rexymania(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2023
This Wike na arse licker
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Formation10: 5:59pm On May 02, 2023
Parachoko:
The good people of Rivers will welcome the President Elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu with open arms
Hope say this one way you talk say open arms hope say you leave anything way you dey do go dere
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Parachoko: 6:01pm On May 02, 2023
kingyakos:

We are not good and can never be so long tinubu is involved.
Speak for yourself alone

2 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Asswipemod: 6:03pm On May 02, 2023
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/wike-declares-public-holiday-as-tinubu-visits-rivers-orders-shutdown-of-businesses/?utm_source=beloud.com&utm_medium=beloud.com

This is nothing but abuse of power and a foretaste of what is coming down if this set of people get to power.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 02, 2023
Wike for President in 2031

2 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 02, 2023
Rexymania:
This Wike na arse licker

Hey ya!

I can feel your pain from your sentences!

That’s the difference between welcoming a man and welcoming a demigod

2 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Jite24(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2023
This is uncalled for mr gov ....
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Espelbengz(m): 6:11pm On May 02, 2023
I used to think it was a stolen mandate, now he is a drug Baron 🤣 losing election the fit cause brain damage oh😜😜😜
May Day is already here😂😂😂😂

Feintline:
Wike knows he is just rambling as rivers people will not shut down their business becos of a drug lord.

We hope tinubu will be live tomorrow.
Enough of audio and twitter speech.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by unclejb2(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2023
Sit at Home in Rivers State.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by donself9: 6:14pm On May 02, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Madness of action. All these things on top stolen mandate

Why not provide us with News of how Rivers people booed and protest before Tinubu convoy,
Is these not a true test of Tinubu acceptance in Rivers, let's see the people protest @least

1 Like

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by unclejb2(m): 6:17pm On May 02, 2023
Blue3k:

Can either of you cite the law you're referring to? Put up or shut akins088.

1999 constitution
Schedule II. Legislative Powers
Part I. Exclusive Legislative List
51. Public holidays.
this one just came into or out of law school
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Antipob777(f): 6:21pm On May 02, 2023
kingyakos:

Omo we no good people and it's only wike and his political entourage in Rivers State that will welcome him. It's going to be like a normal day as shop will be open and people will go about their business.

We Rivers people love and voted massively for Tinubu. We don't play politics of bitterness.

We will come out enmass to welcome our president elect.

You ipob and obedientss can stay at home.

If them born you well open your shop along Rumuola / Rumuokwuta Road.

Sorry will be your name.

We are fully on ground for Tinubu tomorrow.

We go pepper una tomorrow with our organic love fir Tinubu.

Keep wailing

1 Like

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by kingyakos: 6:23pm On May 02, 2023
Antipob777:

We Rivers people love and voted massively for Tinubu. We don't play politics of bitterness.

We will come out enmass to welcome our president elect.

You ipob and obedientss can stay at home.

If them born you well open your shop along Rumuola / Rumuokwuta Road.

Sorry will be your name.

We are fully on ground for Tinubu tomorrow.

We go pepper una tomorrow with our organic love fir Tinubu.

Keep wailing

Waterside olosho
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Blue3k(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2023
unclejb2:
this one just came into or out of law school

Lol you're allowed to answer the question. If you disagree post proof to the contrary.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2023
Wicked Wike.

Amaechi and ObiDiEnd criminals in the mud cheesy

Corridon where are you
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by freshvine(f): 6:28pm On May 02, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol

Who remembers that Wike’s interview where he was asked if he would consider joining APC, and he replied by saying that PDP was “malaria” while APC is “cancer”. He then queried why anyone would leave malaria to go and carry cancer.

Na the same dey declare public holiday for cancer today🤦.

And I once thought Wike really stood for integrity, justice and fairness.

I’m sure it is the fear of empty streets that made him declare public holiday so that he can order civil servants to come lineup along the road to give the false impression that Rivers people came out en masse to welcome Tinubu.

But I dare to say that Tinubu will still be met by a ghost town.

Quote me after the shameful outing tomorrow.

They're seriously mobilizing and paying. Government house car park is filled right now with hired people.
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by Antipob777(f): 6:31pm On May 02, 2023
Peter obi still campaigning after elevtion.

Wike na man you be. The tormentor of ipob and obedients.

Only igbos are wailing and they will wail for 8yrs.

After 8yrs power goes back to the North. They will keep wailing.

Once Tinubu is sworn in on May 29th, Obi is finished politically.

Tinubu is a performer and will deliver the dividends of democracy.

We the good people of Rivers state will come enmass tomorrow to welcome our president elect.

We are not bitter souls or wailers. We play national politics and not politics of hate, sentiments, emotions, religion and ethnicity.

God bless Gov Wike the tormentor or ipob and brainless obedients.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by WorldRichest: 6:32pm On May 02, 2023
I beg, who knows where Bukola Saraki is hiding oooooo?
Re: Wike Declares Public Holiday, Orders Shutdown Of Businesses As Tinubu Visits by fareed69(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2023
busomma:
How come this Wike thinks he's an emperor with unlimited powers? He spends Rivers State money without appropriation by the state assembly & nobody calls him to order. What type of country is this ?

Go to Court
That's why you are a citizen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike & His Wife Buying Things At A Market In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Dino Melaye Booed At Notting Hill Carnival While On Stage / Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.