Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead (436 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother (2) (3) (4)

Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 8:25am On May 03, 2023
Former Golden Eaglets captain and Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has described as ‘sad’ a recent publication portraying him as sick and helpless. Last week, a national daily hit the newsstands with a bold headline, entitled, ‘Oruma: The travails of an Olympic medalist.’

According to the publication, a video clip showed that Oruma was lying helpless in an unidentified hospital on a drip, snoring on his sick bed and receiving treatment via urinary catheters.

The report attracted comments from his former teammates, including Dosu Joseph and Sunday Oliseh. Speaking with The Guardian, yesterday, in Lagos, Oruma described the report as wicked and disturbing.

In the first place, I am not in any hospital as reported by the newspaper. Those pictures displayed in that news report were images of four or five years ago. I am fine, and I don’t know why some Nigerians will wish me dead. It is so unfortunate.”

In June 2018, Oruma opened up for the first time in an interview with The Guardian in the Russian city of St. Petersburg on his travail in the hands of fraudsters, who duped him of about N2 billion when he wanted to establish a business concern after retiring from active football.

Oruma ‘walked’ into the hands of the fraudsters, who claimed to be in possession of some oil block they wanted to sell. He collapsed his investments across Europe, and also withdrew his life savings to invest in the ‘oil business,’ not suspecting any foul play. The ‘business partners’ vanished with his money.

However, Oruma said he has since put that sad incident behind. “Help me to tell Nigerians that I have put those sad moments behind me, and nobody should make me to recall it. It is disheartening to receive calls from friends, relatives and business associates enquiring if I am okay.

My family is taking legal action against some of the media houses, including some radio and television stations. Some people need to pay for the consequences of their action. It has to stop,” Oruma fumed.

https://guardian.ng/sport/its-sad-some-nigerians-wish-me-dead-oruma-laments/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&Echobox=1683095519&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2DL-YTpoLKR_1wjDU1SiPf1Cj448GShw8OeGE7QG-lxs8jRiyTCbobhT8

Re: Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead by Nobody: 8:29am On May 03, 2023
Humans are evil, that's why I hardly make friends. I hate jealousy and envy so I like staying in my lane

Re: Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead by Zonefree(m): 8:32am On May 03, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Humans are evil, that's why I hardly make friends. I hate jealousy and envy so I like staying in my lane
Your toys are handy, what do you need friends for?

Re: Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead by Nobody: 8:35am On May 03, 2023
Zonefree:

Your toys are handy, what do you need friends for?
What's this Oloko giveaway saying

Re: Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead by Lifec7811: 9:56am On May 03, 2023
Lol.

Don't be sad bro, not everyone will want you alive na.
That's d reality
Re: Wilson Oruma: It’s Sad Some Nigerians Wish Me Dead by orohbiro(f): 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
Olympic Marseille no dey Carey this guy play that year I remember Marseille allowing taiwo to come play for Nigeria but hold on to Oruma they even gave him number 10jersey. If Nigeria had qualified for 2006 world cup we would had won it we were ranked 9th position then. Our attack to the number 10 position na die.
Even Mikel obi can't even see ist team with the super Eagle back them
See midfield then
Garba lawal
Jay jay okocha
Christian obodo
Nwankwo kano
Chinedu obasi
Pius ikedia
Okocha cost us the world cup because he is selecting matches to play for Nigeria. He gave all his life for Bolton wanderers wey Bolton dey today?

Do You See Chelsea Challenging For Top 4 Next Season / Ronaldo Unbelievable Goal [Al Nassr vs Al Raed 3-1] GOAT / Video: Moment Cristiano Ronaldo ‘knocked Out’ Camera Man With Powerful Freekick