Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,561 members, 7,865,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

Drama As Tinubu Refuses Wike’s Request In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Tinubu Refuses Wike’s Request In Rivers (361 Views)

Tinubu Refuses To Give Speech, Sends Representative Instead. / Bola Tinubu Refuses Help As He Walks Away From Podium Dancing To Buga / Tinubu Refuses To Prostrate Before Ooni Of Ife But To Kalu Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Tinubu Refuses Wike’s Request In Rivers by amoreobansu: 6:57pm On May 03, 2023
Ahmed Bola Tinubu, the president-elect of the country, has made it clear that he will not refund the cost of flyovers constructed on the federal government’s road by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that Tinubu’s statement was made on Wednesday during the commissioning of the 12th flyover project carried out by Gov. Wike in Port Harcourt.

During his speech, Governor Wike made a plea to the President-elect to reimburse Rivers State for the cost of the projects carried out on the federal government’s road after he is sworn in as President on May 29.

The governor stated that a letter requesting the refund had already been prepared for the incoming governor of the state, Siminialaye Fubara, which he would sign when he assumed office and ask the President to approve the refund.

In response to Wike’s demands, Tinubu asserted that he did not owe the governor anything, emphasizing that the roads were being used by the people of Rivers State.

He said, “the 12 flyovers and the demands you made for refund l, I owe you nothing, it’s your road.

“You can’t chuckle at me and make a demand. You are the one using the road. I commend your effort. You have to lobby me.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-tinubu-refuses-wikes-request-to-repay-rivers-for-flyovers-on-federal-roads/

Re: Drama As Tinubu Refuses Wike’s Request In Rivers by Xscape1993(m): 6:58pm On May 03, 2023
It has just started.....more surprising stories are coming....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Where Tinubu Can Get The Money To Run Nigeria? / IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Case Resume For Supreme Court - Wetin You Need To Know / Re: Buhari Leaves Inflation At Highest In 17 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.