Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,267 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season (27436 Views)

Premier League: Liverpool Make History, Lose 6 Home Games In A Season / Wenger: Hazard Isn't Man To Replace Ronaldo, He Won't Score 50 Goals A Season / Man City May Face Uefa Ban From The Champions League For A Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by JOemmy(m): 9:42am On May 04, 2023
Haland is a goal monster a terror to goalkeepers.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by WorldRichest: 9:42am On May 04, 2023
Shey Oyinbo dey use Juju ni?
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by gfelo(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2023
This news no complete, I thought OP will mention the player that was holding the record b4 haaland came through

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by gannod(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2023
AImiron:
Typical EPL pundits prediction before season starts.

Nlfpmod frontpage

grin cheesy grin you dey mind dem...overhyped EPL, overhyped English players and hypocritical British media. Same EPL they say Osimhen go flop...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Investorozay: 9:43am On May 04, 2023
Reference:
Pep Guardiola is well underway to building the most fearsome soccer team ever, projected to dominate the Premiership for as long as doesn't become bored. Awesome.
City still favorites for next season
All the rest are pretending

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by charlypoker(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2023
Where is Assnall with their rantings. hope they are still winning the league this season?

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2023
When he came to man city I knew this guy will be a problem to ther teams. I was scared of him the moment man city made his purchase
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Amspecial: 9:44am On May 04, 2023
All this Messi fans you people will never have sense everyone in the world knows CR7 almost joined man city but only una no go gree get sense it's a pity
OJEEMAH:
Do you really think Guardiola will sign Ronaldo?

Mendes used Man City as a bait to catch Man U. He wanted to do same with Barcelona last summer but Madrid didn’t fall for his trick.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Kaido: 9:45am On May 04, 2023
Parachoko:
He's a Beast
Is this Haaland as a kid? grin

4 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Emperormartin(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2023
I'm not a man city fan but they'll champions league this season.

It's their year

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Yoighaman(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2023
Congrats to him.

It's good to have a great manager who believes in you.

3 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by seunny4lif(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2023
They signed him for less than €70M yet Man United signed most of their players for more than €70M and they are shit

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by bluefilm: 9:46am On May 04, 2023
Truly, the young lad is a goal machine.

No wonder Pep happily shipped off Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling without batting an eyelid.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by anungangampu: 9:48am On May 04, 2023
Reference:
Pep Guardiola is well underway to building the most fearsome soccer team ever, projected to dominate the Premiership for as long as doesn't become bored. Awesome.
Lol... They said he is spending oil money, but Chelsea without Oil money has practically spent more than City in a season.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Kajaard: 9:48am On May 04, 2023
marlow1962:
I love that guy.

Chelsea own na to lose, sack coach, sign new coach, lose again, then sack the new coach. Very useless team.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by JOemmy(m): 9:48am On May 04, 2023
[quote author=Chinonye2022 post=122917542]Overhyped epl [/quote

Pep Guardiola have reduced the epl to farmers league.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Seunfretty: 9:50am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:
Na wetin dem tell Ronaldo make e come dey do for Man city, e mumú dey form legend go join Man U go waste em career.

As long as you got eyes for goals, you must be scoring in Man city. Their midfielders make things easier for their attackers.

As bad as Sterling, he was still banging goals in Man city, person wey dey struggle to score 4 goals for Chelsea.
Seconded....Cristiano is a great player and he needs nothing to prove to anyone ..Nothing!!...but do u know why coaches like Guardiola never wanted him??....(cos he is toxic and has ego issue) looking at haaland in city u will feel the team isn't actually even throwing every ball to him...u will see him come to the midfielder get the ball and off he goals expecting the pass ..the team plays through and give him the final ball more often but u can't really say he was ever feeling the pressure of scoring all through the season...the goals just kept coming and wen the gold didn't he kept his cool and helps the team sometimes with assist...in the games where he got no goals u won't see him thrown of his hands in anger or walk angry down the tunnel...(something Ronaldo would have been doing in city)...fine the creativity is there but u have to see the team first before feeling i need to break records ....wen u keep ur cool even while u still have the hunger to get goals normally as a striker ..every other thing will sort itself...with all the talent haaland has he actually kept his cool ..u will always see him with that smile and wen he looses a chance he goes back and get it right...he will sure make a record of 40goals this season ..

His a menace for any opposition and so far he has Kelvin debruyne pulling the string behind him ...the goals will keep dropping

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Nyanabo(m): 9:50am On May 04, 2023
I see Haaland doing better things than Cristiano and Messi. Mbappe doesn't even come close.

6 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by zanebaddo(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2023
Investorozay:
Epl na farmers league. All it needed was guardiola to come and confirm it. He will win 5 epl in a row and then at least 10 before he leaves. English football has always been a fraud.

Not produced a balon d or winner in 15 years and counting.
English coaches never win ucl and not won epl recent either.

Well done haaland. Make sure you incinerate all the goal records and turn the GPL ( guardiola premier league) to tea spoon before you leave
I always say this. The truth is that the League is most popular among Nigerians. As far as I'm concerned na fraud. English players ain't even talented. Reason I don't want guardiola to leave but he is going to once he wins the champions league. I want him to stay and continue to deal with all these mediocre teams and English coaches. Bro, did you notice that the English media hardly talk about his achievements? Had it been Guardiola was an English man eh! By now his face will be everywhere on our television

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Beverlyjean(f): 9:51am On May 04, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Not true. City never wanted him. Pep never wanted him. His agent played a game on United from how I see it.

I just showed u proof...what stubbornness will not allow u see road ....
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Yoighaman(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Close to joining them is different from wanting him...Guardiola said he wanted to sign him for a Yr as the kane deal fell thru... envy and bitterness will never allow ur type see road

Why insult OJEEMAH? He never insulted you but only posted his comment.

You must be an Igbo guy or an OBIdient.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Negroid001(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2023
Tbh. I also doubted him. Guardiola really worked wonders with him.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Beverlyjean(f): 9:52am On May 04, 2023
Yoighaman:

Why insult OJEEMAH, he never insulted you but only posted his comment.

You must be an Igbo guy or an OBIdient.

How is calling someone envious or bitter for giving an obvious false info an insult??

He knows the truth but decided to ignore it and chose to give a false info.... only envious or bitter people throw that type of character.... he tried to twist the narrative and that's y I sent the proof... just because of his hate for Ronaldo....just because city never showed interest in Messi despite being managed by his former coach ... reality and truth is something Messi fans hate due to their hate, envy and bitterness towards Ronaldo
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by MrJames007: 9:52am On May 04, 2023
He's good!
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by ifeanyija(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
If only chelsea had signed him,we for no dey run from man. United fans by now undecided. Instead na dem lukaku wey be bag of beans and Aubameyan nai dem go waste money on undecided
Lukaku will score many goal with city
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Peacecore: 10:01am On May 04, 2023
AImiron post=122915437:
Typical EPL pundits prediction before season starts.

Nlfpmod frontpage
As in ehh grin. They even compared him with Fraud Nunez embarassed
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by sprints1: 10:02am On May 04, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Do you really think Guardiola will sign Ronaldo?

Mendes used Man City as a bait to catch Man U. He wanted to do same with Barcelona last summer but Madrid didn’t fall for his trick.
he wanted him it was fergie that intervened. He as already agreed with city sef. Pep wanted him on a short term and the deal included him not playing week in week out. He agreed to the squad rotation policy of city. Pep was tired of using false 9 he needed a clinical no9 like aguero. Now he has haaland who has similar xterics with ronaldo and ibrahimovic. Something he needed a player capable of holding up play link up and push up the pitch. The likes of gabriel Jesus is not direct that was why he sold him off to arsenal. Alvarez is direct but not tall he need someone who was brilliant in the air. Cuz pep has really changed now he integrates counter attack with possession football. U saw that against Bayern and arsenal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Seunfretty: 10:03am On May 04, 2023
Have seen some people saying Haalands all round play is poor .and i wonder the haaland they ave been watching...he isn't a Ronaldo or a Lewandowski but believe me Haaland is very good with the ball at his feet...so many times i see city break on counter and him running with the ball and dribbling ..u can't even compare him to osimhen cos victor is very poor in possession and this guy score sweet goals with both feet ...head and just name is...although he doesn't score mostly out of the box but city have enough players to do that his business is close to the goal and he will keep scoring so far he is fit...he is by far the best striker in the world for now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Ezehrobinson(m): 10:03am On May 04, 2023
AImiron:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/65474843.amp

Was glad and lucky to see him live at the stadium scoring that landmark goal.
Top top player

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Peacecore: 10:04am On May 04, 2023
ThierryJay:
Congrats to Erling for the record breaking feat but mehn, his tap-ins are too much and very boring highlights reel for me. I'll give him credit for his exceptional positioning and finishing though.

I'm a sucker for artistry, finesse and wow factor so I'd always go with a De Bruyne or Mbappe over him.
Please, can you define the work of a central striker? Can you still acknowledge the role he played against Arsenal last week?? Stop being... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by sprints1: 10:08am On May 04, 2023
Investorozay:
Epl na farmers league. All it needed was guardiola to come and confirm it. He will win 5 epl in a row and then at least 10 before he leaves. English football has always been a fraud.

Not produced a balon d or winner in 15 years and counting.
English coaches never win ucl and not won epl recent either.

Well done haaland. Make sure you incinerate all the goal records and turn the GPL ( guardiola premier league) to tea spoon before you leave
found one been looking for a mumu that will call EPL farmers league. EPL is not farmers league. Haaland is a brilliant player that fits into any system. Now pep has been looking for a player like him for years. When messi and ronaldo were scoring 45 to 50 goals in laliga week in week out u no call am farmers league. That season messi scored 51 goals in a season still annoys me till today. I knew haaland would break it before the season started. Why he is all round and pep can use him to switch to counter attack or possession game. Very clinical fast and got IBRA' technique. Look at city now they play a very ridiculous system because of haaland from 3-2-4-1 they can switch to 442 433 343 any thing. With debruyne in that team I knew teams will suffer this season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Maradona: "Teams No Longer Fear Argentina.. Nigeria Disgraced Us" / EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? / Yetunde Odunuga, Army Officer At The Commonwealth Games In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.