Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? (2391 Views)

How Lucrative Is Dog Business. / Doing Dog Business To Raise Money / How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by mubarak89(m): 4:14pm On May 04, 2023
Hello NLanders.

Please can you help me with insights and your thoughts on this:

Is Dog business still profitable?

Thanks!
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 7:47am On May 05, 2023
Hmm! As a dog lover and breeder I'll tell you no. Reason is that if you go in strictly for making money most likely would be disappointed. But if you are a dog lover you can keep your dogs(male or female) and if you can use ur male as a stud or sell puppies from your female. But if u go in strictly for making money and you are not a dog lover you may most likely be disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 7:58am On May 05, 2023
Let's say you get a puppy @ 8weeks you'll have to feed and take care of the puppy for at least a year before it becomes sexually mature. You also have medications to take care of. Average cost of puppies over here in Jos is from 80k to 300k depending on the Pedigree. A bag of foreign feed now depending on the brand averaged from 40-60k for a 15kg bag which lasts for a short period if you would be feeding pure dry food. You can formulate your feed but believe me the difference would be clear compared to dry and raw food feeding.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 8:08am On May 05, 2023
Also let's say you really take care of your dogs and the get to sexual maturity after a year. You are already on another phase. It is advisable to skip your first heat (reason is that the female is still growing and pregnancy would distort that process) If you cross your female @ first heat then just know that she would never reach her genetic potential (especially height and bone structure).
You might ask why is it important. Some buyers of puppies like to see the parents of puppies before purchasing. So no matter the Pedigree of the female the pregnancy is most likely going to make the female look like a lesser Pedigree than what it actually is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 8:19am On May 05, 2023
Next is crossing your female, I've seen so many people miss their dogs heat(U'll have to wait for another 6 months for another heat) Do you have the time to check on your dogs daily. Let's also say your dog comes on heat what day do you mate it with a stud(very important). Let's say you mate successfully you'll have to manage the pregnancy for the next 60 days. Guess what? Successfully mating does not mean automatic pregnancy. So at this point it's up to mother nature. Even if you want to run tests for pregnancy after mating your dog and the results are negative guess what? You'll have to wait for another 6 months This they don't tell you trust me. Another 6 months of feeding and medications and labor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 8:27am On May 05, 2023
If mother nature helps and your dog gets pregnant. As a first time pregnancy you'll have to keep monitoring your female bumper to bumper from day 55-65. If your dog litters another work don start. Some puppies might be weaker than others and it's survival of the fittest so if you are not around to physically aid weak puppies get milk. Na dead pup u fit come meet. Another issue is some females have poor mothering abilities and may sleep on her puppies (this they don't also tell you). So for first time pregnancy you'll have to be very vigilant.

4 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 8:34am On May 05, 2023
If you are lucky and your puppies get to 3weeks another work do start which is supplementary feeding(biggest secret of selling puppies) You'll have to try your best to get the best food possible. The higher the Pedigree of your dog the richer the food should be. Because you bought your puppy 300k doesn't mean you'll sell yours that price(this they don't also tell you) believe me to feed puppies to reach a particular standard na money oh. And if you feed to that standard do you have the clientele that can remove money buy the puppies at exotic prices

4 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 8:37am On May 05, 2023
I'll stop here but just wanted to let you have an Idea how the game goes. So imagine if you no like dog you are just there 4 the money. You'll have to consider this things. Hope you make the right decision.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by mubarak89(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2023
Thanks so much CzarBillion. You are helpful & I'm grateful.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 1:49pm On May 06, 2023
I'm glad u found my information useful. Let us know what your decision finally is. Is it worth it for you

4 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Zowee10(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2023
CzarBillion:
I'll stop here but just wanted to let you have an Idea how the game goes. So imagine if you no like dog you are just there 4 the money. You'll have to consider this things. Hope you make the right decision.

You've explained all jare smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Namdeenero(m): 5:23pm On May 09, 2023
Well said CzarBillion.. If you go into dog breeding for the sole purpose of making money then you’re heading to disaster. The cost of feeding dogs these days is enough to raise a family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by mubarak89(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2023
CzarBillion:
I'm glad u found my information useful. Let us know what your decision finally is. Is it worth it for you

Nope! Not worth it at all. Will look for something else to put my money in. Something with good ROI

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 11:29am On May 15, 2023
Glad the information helped you make an informed decision. Dog breeding should be for fun not making money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by wallace18(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2023
CzarBillion:
If you are lucky and your puppies get to 3weeks another work do start which is supplementary feeding(biggest secret of selling puppies) You'll have to try your best to get the best food possible. The higher the Pedigree of your dog the richer the food should be. Because you bought your puppy 300k doesn't mean you'll sell yours that price(this they don't also tell you) believe me to feed puppies to reach a particular standard na money oh. And if you feed to that standard do you have the clientele that can remove money buy the puppies at exotic prices
Luckily I've reached this stage. I need clients who are interested in buying male/female doberman pinscher. 1 week old puppies so I'm only accepting bookings for now. call me if you're interested on 08109343654.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 7:30am On May 16, 2023
wallace18:

Luckily I've reached this stage. I need clients who are interested in buying male/female doberman pinscher. 1 week old puppies so I'm only accepting bookings for now. call me if you're interested on 08109343654.
Where I'm from(Jos) we don't do bookings. You just keep us posted on the progress of your puppies and by week 6 calls start commin in. Wish you the best. I'll advice you open a thread and keep us posted on the progress of your puppies (several pictures and videos)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by wallace18(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2023
CzarBillion:
Where I'm from(Jos) we don't do bookings. You just keep us posted on the progress of your puppies and by week 6 calls start commin in. Wish you the best. I'll advice you open a thread and keep us posted on the progress of your puppies (several pictures and videos)
I will make sure I do that asap thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by yuniben007: 6:38pm On May 17, 2023
Lagos is nt like dat.i just sold my 2 lhasa apos dis month 50k each.it has miss heat which i allowed it.is a good business & patient 1.i want to male lhasa nw
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Bentila(m): 5:03pm On May 23, 2023
Wow. CzarBillion[b][/b] you did a very nice job there. I just got a lhasa, should be 8weeks old this week. It's my first dog. The pee and poo packing no be here. Thank God I have some love for dogs if not hmm. The breeder only emphasized how much you can make from it, I mean just the sweet part. Av seen seen more things to expect. Thanks for the insight @CZARBILLION.
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Tochex101(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2023
wallace18:

Doberman is a very nice breed......quite uncommon to see pedigree here .
A popular nairalander had to search for months across states before he got 2 good ones.
If you have good stock.....you will definitely sell very well.

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by wallace18(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2023
wallace18:

I will make sure I do that asap thanks for the advice
5 weeks old dobberman pinsher both sex available for rehoming

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by wallace18(m): 2:06am On Jun 22, 2023
6 weeks old today
CzarBillion:
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Prechy4naija(m): 7:46am On Jun 22, 2023
I need 2 adult female Lhasa & 1 male🥺
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Xwizard: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Prechy4naija:
I need 2 adult female Lhasa & 1 male🥺
Come get Alex
He’s very intelligent and lovely and already 4months older
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
wallace18:

I’m curious to know the price.
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Rafaelbeulah: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
CzarBillion:

Please am more interested in the supplementary feeding. My golden retriever has a way of rejecting food. He just turned one. Pls advice needed here.
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by Bobbiet(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
CzarBillion:
good day Czar. Please can I get a Beseji PUP(local hunting DOG) of very good quality? Basically good heights from parents?
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by wallace18(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
Cool prices
150k for female
130k for male
EgunMogaji2:

I’m curious to know the price.

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by CzarBillion: 3:08am On Jul 03, 2023
Bobbiet:
good day Czar. Please can I get a Beseji PUP(local hunting DOG) of very good quality? Basically good heights from parents?
Good day. i believe you are talking about the azawakh. Please confirm the breed so that i know we are on the same page. Azawakh (fulani hunting dog) puppies can be easily found over here.
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by bassdow: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2023
anything and everything is STILL PROFITable if you do your homework and go about it well.

Also goes without saying, one shouldn't go into something without interest else the frustrations would get to you easier and faster.

Imagine spending on the dogs so they have good body weight, looks, etc, caring for when they're pregnant up till it gives birth.

That's lots of money and if you don't spend, the market value, irrespective of the breed would be low.

and you need know when to just cut prices so as to sell faster else you go continue to spend on feeding, vaccines, medications, etc.

If you do your homework well, you shouldn't have much issues navigating the waters. As with everything thing - expect issues along the way
Re: Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? by bassdow: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

Send Wishes To Somebody In Pet Section In This Yelutide Season / Name Of Breed? / DOG FUNERAL - US Police Dog Given State Burial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.