Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG (15579 Views)

Petrol In Nigeria Cheapest, Most Affordable In West Africa - Ajuri Ngelale / 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC / Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nkpommpko(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2023
You must be mad. With all our oil and solid mineral. It sold be free to Nigerians, fool.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Solidkay(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2023
Aurielfinizu:

God punish Buhari and Keyamo..

Well, politicians don teach us how to steal.. they steal money but we do bypass of electricity..

Lol

I never pay light bill since 3yrs now..

Thou I was guilty of it b4 someone gave me this idear and reason to bypass..

A lot of rich men are steady using bypass..

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Litmus: 6:30pm On May 07, 2023
maticar:

no mind idiots in power,

they will never compare minimum wage and living wages, never

i already see their zombies shouting its true its true

Please inform us of minimum wages across Africa and Asia, taking into consideration cost of goods, currency, taxation etc...
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Fearyourcreator: 6:38pm On May 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
I agree...!

Nigerians just don't like paying taxes and utilities!

Yet, they can spend twice that amount on senseless things!

My neighbor at home hasn't paid a dime of electricity bills for months but can spend tens of thousands on generator fueling disturbing our area peace daily.
Abi beer.... Even meter people dey bypass....

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by khalids: 6:48pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Power costs money. You better understand that.

Even if we handed over the DISOCS to people you consider suitable, they have to be freed to set their own prices, not forced to charge cheap.

Okay. Lets keep putting the cart before the horse....maybe when you are unable to walk the streets freely you will understand that national interest comes first, which is that there is still an economy to run with people being the focal point...
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 6:58pm On May 07, 2023
khalids:

Okay. Lets keep putting the cart before the horse....maybe when you are unable to walk the streets freely you will understand that national interest comes first, which is that there is still an economy to run with people being the focal point...

Power costs money.

Things cost money.

Sadly, that's life. You can pretend it isn't so, but it is.

Again, power costs money. Lots of it.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Gucciswaz: 7:58pm On May 07, 2023
EcoBrick:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/cost-of-electricity-consumption-in-nigeria-cheapest-in-the-world-fg/

Mynd44

did they also mention that cost of living in Nigeria is the most expensive..
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Gucciswaz: 8:00pm On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's true na, compare our cost to other Countries own, you will see that we are enjoying in this our Country.

Like in my Area here, we enjoy Electricity a lot and at a Cheaper Cost.

I know in some Areas, Nepa are not doing Well at all.
where be ur place? Make I check if I go come find one room for there
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Gucciswaz: 8:05pm On May 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:
5,000 megawatts for a population of 180 million.
How much is southafrica generating with lesser population?

If we are to take into consideration that Nigerians contribute to buy and maintain transformers, eletric poles, wires that ought to be the responsibilty of DISCOS, it is not the cheapest.
. Too much sense no go kill u joor
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Gucciswaz: 8:08pm On May 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:
5,000 megawatts for a population of 180 million.
How much is southafrica generating with lesser population?

If we are to take into consideration that Nigerians contribute to buy and maintain transformers, eletric poles, wires that ought to be the responsibilty of DISCOS, it is not the cheapest.
I know of a publisher in aba who spends 23k every 2 days to buy disel yet she still pays for electric bill every month for darkness
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Gucciswaz: 8:13pm On May 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
I agree...!

Nigerians just don't like paying taxes and utilities!

Yet, they can spend twice that amount on senseless things!

My neighbor at home hasn't paid a dime of electricity bills for months but can spend tens of thousands on generator fueling disturbing our area peace daily.
because nepa no give am light nah .u want him to pay for something he did not consume.. he will continue to disturb the entire neighborhood with e generator until them bring light 😁😁
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Cymaxy: 8:19pm On May 07, 2023
we're paying 71.65 for per unit here in ijebu ode GRA... light stays for 19 - 23hours daily. #20,000 doesn't last us for a month in a 2bedroom apartment. initially we were paying 35.65 per unit, but it was increased to the current price of 71.65 per unit 2 months back. If light ever becomes stable, i do not think most Nigerians can afford it.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by emmyN(m): 8:28pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

With which money?

The low bills charged (as at 2019, the gencos were producing power at N53 per kwh and discos were selling it at N20-30 per kwh) is why they cannot provide more power.

We have good GSM and internet because the government lets them charge for their services at a price they want to charge. Plus, you cannot bypass the payment mechanism.

With electric power

1.Government for decades has been setting the price below the production cost...even AFTER privatization
2.One can bypass the meters and use electricity for free.

The Discos have been asked over and again to supply people with prepaid meters so they pay for what they use, how many have complied?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Jeamillz2020(m): 8:48pm On May 07, 2023
Am so emotional
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by sunnnnyuu(m): 11:03pm On May 07, 2023
EcoBrick:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/cost-of-electricity-consumption-in-nigeria-cheapest-in-the-world-fg/

Mynd44

Is there light in Nigeria? Talkless of saying it is cheapest in the world we didn't get good 24hrs light in the whole month, which is 1hrs per day but they bring Bill for us to pay, but they should not worry when I build my house I will not connect to the Nepa I will use solar system to enjoy my life
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by fatboislim(m): 11:51pm On May 07, 2023
Huge lie when people pay for darkness.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Exodora: 12:11am On May 08, 2023
When you say cheaper one will assume there is constant power. I can’t remember the last time we had light sef. The only time we have light is when NEPA wan cut light after that no more.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by shonepa(m): 3:40am On May 08, 2023
Dem tell u say na everywhere for Nigeria no get light?

Light dey my own area..... and hopefully dem go do better.

GreyLaw:
Rubbish. Just like Ngige shouting at the top of his lungs about subsidised education. You can only call something subsidised when you offer original quality/quantity at reduced cost.

Nigeria wey light no dey and people dey pray make PHCN give light for heat period make dem fit use fan na hin dem say their electricity be the cheapest.

Thanks goodness Buhari is packing his bags home to his home in Niger or wherever he calls home. Let's someone else try. Maybe BAT go do better. Just maybe.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by shonepa(m): 3:43am On May 08, 2023
Oga all the nations in the world have their own demon. Wetin cum dey break ur heart?

And please can u explain what Government People is?

I won check something.

Blackdeewhy:
It breaks my heart when this "government people" comes with one sided story.

Like is the economy of this country the same as those mentioned?

Security wise, are they also suffering from kidnapping, Fulani herdsmen?

Is there infrastructure as bad as ours?

Do they also pray to God to have lights and other social amenities

These our government people just like reasoning with their anus most times.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by SOSinNigeria: 6:06am On May 08, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.900bn naira , not cash

2.The thing is, power needs profit to run well. Price controls do not help.

Also, a big part of why we don't have power was starting from the early 1980's, expansion of power to rural areas plus people doing illegal connections overloaded the grid, and also increased the number of households reliant on power beyond the capacity of NEPA then to supply them

If they were paying well for power, things might have been better, but we were paying cheap prices...and thus no money.

Unlike GSM....we pay high prices, and MTN and co make a lot of money which they can spend on making services better and eventually cheaper.

You just open your mouth waaa and be talking garbage. Nigeria generates less than 5000 megawatts for a population of 200 million while South Africa generates over 40,000 megawatts for a population that is less than 60 million.

How many megawatts do you think people in rural areas consume? Lol, even one airport in New York uses more electricity than what Nigeria generates yet you're deceiving yourself.

Nigeria is a massive crime scene, a disgrace to Africa and the black man.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by SOSinNigeria: 6:14am On May 08, 2023
sunnnnyuu:

Is there light in Nigeria? Talkless of saying it is cheapest in the world we didn't get good 24hrs light in the whole month, which is 1hrs per day but they bring Bill for us to pay, but they should not worry when I build my house I will not connect to the Nepa I will use solar system to enjoy my life

You don't even have to wait until you pack into your own house. Many people use solar even as tenants.

I use solar system for both my house and office. I have been using solar in my office since 2016. I completely disconnected phcn because it's just a waste of time and resources using them. Yet I have been enjoying constant electricity. It cost me less than 1.5 million to fix solar in my house and it carries everything I need. If I were to be paying phcn bills and buying fuel, I would have spent double that amount within the period yet it's still serving me without issues.

People stay days without seeing light, even when they bring it doesn't last.

Nigerians are really suffering terribly due to extreme bad governance.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by ginggerxy: 6:20am On May 08, 2023
nairalanda1:
It is cheap

What we pay for in 4 months for 22 hours power supply daily in Nigeria to a big 5 bedroom house is what overseas people pay for a month's supply to a one bedroom flat.

what you earn in one year is what they earn in one month .
Make the comparison now.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by SOSinNigeria: 6:22am On May 08, 2023
Cymaxy:
we're paying 71.65 for per unit here in ijebu ode GRA... light stays for 19 - 23hours daily. #20,000 doesn't last us for a month in a 2bedroom apartment. initially we were paying 35.65 per unit, but it was increased to the current price of 71.65 per unit 2 months back. If light ever becomes stable, i do not think most Nigerians can afford it.

That's not an excuse. If light is constant 24 hours and the bill is commensurately high as well. People will only adjust and become more responsible. For instance, you will still see Nigerians using 150 watts yellow bulbs and still leaving it on during the day or even while they're out. If they're using prepaid meter and they discover that light is available 24 hours but expensive. They would rather make use of 5 watts energy saving bulbs. Switch off all lights when they're not in use. Put off television or any electronic gadgets once they're not in use.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Blackdeewhy(m): 10:31am On May 08, 2023
Tayorshd87:
If u want full service from the government then pay your bills and tax when u compare Nigeria with those countries ask yourself when last did u pay tax ..

We hardly pay for anything in Naina and yet we compare with america dat pay for anything they use even water ...

Ask urself when last did u pay for water bill on ur house mm

Nigerians want everything to be free 😢

Can you re-read what you typed AGAIN?
I used to drink well water in my home town, and BUY pure water to drink in town.

How can I pay for water when I DID NOT drink from the government?? Egbami ke!

Talking about tax, I started paying tax to the best of my knowledge when I was 14 or so, CERTAINLY under 18.
And till this very moment, my paycheck reflect tax deduction.

So, I'm I also NOT qualified to benefit from the government?

Moral of the story

When people like US are castigating and calling out our useless government people, KINDLY STFU
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Thomasankara(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2023
[/color]for light wey no dey dey, why e no go cheap[color=#770077]
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Thomasankara(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2023
[/color]for light wey no dey dey, why e no go cheap[color=#770077]
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Tayorshd87: 12:04pm On May 08, 2023
Blackdeewhy:

Can you re-read what you typed AGAIN?
I used to drink well water in my home town, and BUY pure water to drink in town.

How can I pay for water when I DID NOT drink from the government?? Egbami ke!

Talking about tax, I started paying tax to the best of my knowledge when I was 14 or so, CERTAINLY under 18.
And till this very moment, my paycheck reflect tax deduction.

So, I'm I also NOT qualified to benefit from the government?

Moral of the story

When people like US are castigating and calling out our useless government people, KINDLY STFU

I can see u have knowledge of what u are talking about ..
Now ask yourself how many people are doing what u are doing ?
How many people are paying ?

Check illegal lights here in Lagos na diẹ and if u remove it they will abuse d govern8and compare it with overseas ..

You say u haven't benefited anything from the government now here in Lagos we have water from water cooperation and home owe debt of Abt 800k + per house they refused to pay and yet they will abuse d government and yet the water will still rush and dey will fetch 🤔

Why can't dey do their part to pay up and see if there will be improvement or not..

Base on electricity now that d bill is like this people are complaining now if u need full electricity 24hours people will pay more i mean very much more ...

Abeg later jare
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Tayorshd87: 12:06pm On May 08, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

That's not an excuse. If light is constant 24 hours and the bill is commensurately high as well. People will only adjust and become more responsible. For instance, you will still see Nigerians using 150 watts yellow bulbs and still leaving it on during the day or even while they're out. If they're using prepaid meter and they discover that light is available 24 hours but expensive. They would rather make use of 5 watts energy saving bulbs. Switch off all lights when they're not in use. Put off television or any electronic gadgets once they're not in use.

It's a lie we are Nigerians we will still abuse the government Abt d bills ..

We don't have any means of appreciating them even if at all we are not up to d developed countries like US and UK people do compare with Nigeria ...
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Tayorshd87: 12:08pm On May 08, 2023
Gucciswaz:
because nepa no give am light nah .u want him to pay for something he did not consume.. he will continue to disturb the entire neighborhood with e generator until them bring light 😁😁

This mentality will make light even goore worse than ever because if everybody didn't pay for bill then what do u expect

Nepa will park off and there won't be light forever ♾️..

Nigerians want everything to be free and can quickly compare us to overseas that pay for almost everything they use ..
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Tayorshd87: 12:09pm On May 08, 2023
Gucciswaz:
did they also mention that cost of living in Nigeria is the most expensive..

It's a lie ask for those in overseas they pay more for housing and cost of living than naija stop be an hypocrite by criticizing our government sometimes ..

Please go and verify
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Tayorshd87: 12:10pm On May 08, 2023
nkpommpko:
You must be mad. With all our oil and solid mineral. It sold be free to Nigerians, fool.

That is why Nigeria can never be like America if u want all to be free
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by sunnnnyuu(m): 12:22pm On May 08, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

You don't even have to wait until you pack into your own house. Many people use solar even as tenants.

I use solar system for both my house and office. I have been using solar in my office since 2016. I completely disconnected phcn because it's just a waste of time and resources using them. Yet I have been enjoying constant electricity. It cost me less than 1.5 million to fix solar in my house and it carries everything I need. If I were to be paying phcn bills and buying fuel, I would have spent double that amount within the period yet it's still serving me without issues.

People stay days without seeing light, even when they bring it doesn't last.

Nigerians are really suffering terribly due to extreme bad governance.

I'm not that rich but I got small solar that light up my apartment but we are many and we are mutually living together so if I insist on disconnecting my apartment they will be annoyed, so I am just contributing monthly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" / Salary Of Nigerian Senators (come And Weep)!! / Sack Fashola, Amaechi Now, CNPP Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.