Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) (950 Views)

For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. / How To Make Money In Game Development For Developers. / For Developers Especially Beginners And Junior Developers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by Somamezee: 6:50am On May 05, 2023
A startup requires the services of a Developers.

1. Frontend Engineer: experience in JS and UI/UX technologies
2. Full stack Engineer: experience with either the MEAN or LAMP stacks.

--- Minimum of 2years core development experience
---Willingness to Stay in Asaba Delta State (with Accommodation Provided) -
----Must be passionate about building products
----Experience with social and e-commerce solution is a plus
----Should be between the age's of 20 - 33yrs
----Must be available to resume immediately
----Should have knowledge of GITs

---Pay is Reasonable

Kindly send your CV/Resume to "somamezee@gmail.com"
Application Deadline: 11am Sunday 7 May, 2023
Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by silento(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2023
I have knowledge of git , I Sabi lamp stack overdose , and the age requirement I fall well perfectly

But imagine if na 35years programmer fit provide the right solution una don use stupid requirements destroy una company

5 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by niel63(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2023
They did well In stating all their requirements, except the salary expectation.

Why una dey always hide that one. It'll save plenty people the time whether they should apply or not.

If na hotel manager job or chef... una go write 35k salary. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by Somamezee: 3:59pm On May 05, 2023
The purpose of the age requirement is for easier work collaboration; and as for the salary, when contacted for a chat/interview the team will tell you that budget which is within the obtainable market value, But there's a possibility of budget adjustment by the client to suit the talent's needs but now imagine putting a range and using it to chase the potential talent away.
Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by niel63(m): 4:08pm On May 05, 2023
Somamezee:
The purpose of the age requirement is for easier work collaboration; and as for the salary, when contacted for a chat/interview the team will tell you that budget which is within the obtainable market value, But there's a possibility of budget adjustment by the client to suit the talent's needs but now imagine putting a range and using it to chase the potential talent away.

I can categorically tell you that's a lie... y'all would only ask the applicants what they expect as salaries... hereby, putting them in some sort of fix.
Now when he or she quotes lesser than the "market value" una go run employ am, then begin give am plenty plenty work... then after 1 or 2 months, he complains... then you do a small increase or come here again seeking for another one to continue where that one stopped.

If it's really a transparent offering, the salary should be transparently stated.

I notice, there's been a few more job posting on nairaland since last week. Now I'm wondering, what really changed. Its a good development I swear but y'all should do more by putting the salary in the job listing.
Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by airsaylongcome: 4:19pm On May 05, 2023
niel63:

I can categorically tell you that's a lie... y'all would only ask the applicants what they expect as salaries... hereby, putting them in some sort of fix.
Now when he or she quotes lesser than the "market value" una go run employ am, then begin give am plenty plenty work... then after 1 or 2 months, he complains... then you do a small increase or come here again seeking for another one to continue where that one stopped.

If it's really a transparent offering, the salary should be transparently stated.

I notice, there's been a few more job posting on nairaland since last week. Now I'm wondering, what really changed. Its a good development I swear but y'all should do more by putting the salary in the job listing.

Just leave am. Leave am make e dey play. Saying salary range will chase talent away. It's okay to state budget and let those who are happy with it to apply.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by niel63(m): 4:23pm On May 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Just leave am. Leave am make e dey play. Saying salary range will chase talent away. It's okay to state budget and let those who are happy with it to apply.

I swear.

I'd never apply for Nigerian job that doe not expressly state the salary because I know how they all behave...

All acting like demi-gods.
They are all using same old templates.

Post am, who go apply go apply. Make una no dey disguise abeg.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by truthCoder: 4:24pm On May 05, 2023
Somamezee:

In tech, age does not matter. If you are afraid of calling your employees brother buhari, you can have a company wide policy of everyone by first name or preferred nickname.

Don’t use age to push away good hires or make it a factor that limits you to employing from a small pool.

I wish you the best in your startup.

6 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by airsaylongcome: 4:38pm On May 05, 2023
niel63:

I swear.

I'd never apply for Nigerian job that doe not expressly state the salary because I know how they all behave...

All acting like demi-gods.
They are all using same old templates.

Post am, who go apply go apply. Make una no dey disguise abeg.

I no dey apply for foreign remote job wey no state salary. Talkless of Naija own. Last year I got contacted by a Nigerian ISP looking for someone in my field. I asked the HR person "what's the pay?" He said it would depend on experience and current pay. I told him my current pay contracting for a foreign employer. The guy told me "Sorry, we are looking for people with Nigerian experience. Your LinkedIn status did not indicate that you work for an overseas company". I laughed hard. On my LinkedIn profile, I just indicate my current role as self-employed to avoid family "monitoring spirits" wey dey like Bill person

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by LikeAking: 5:07pm On May 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I no dey apply for foreign remote job wey no state salary. Talkless of Naija own. Last year I got contacted by a Nigerian ISP looking for someone in my field. I asked the HR person "what's the pay?" He said it would depend on experience and current pay. I told him my current pay contracting for a foreign employer. The guy told me "Sorry, we are looking for people with Nigerian experience. Your LinkedIn status did not indicate that you work for an overseas company". I laughed hard. On my LinkedIn profile, I just indicate my current role as self-employed to avoid family "monitoring spirits" wey dey like Bill person

cool cool cool
Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by niel63(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2023
@op

Modify your post and add salary biko. Let's start changing that narratives with you.

There's no shame in that... trust me, you'd still see someone who'd apply and get the job done... we're all seeking transparency here bro. No offense of any sort intended.

4 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by silento(m): 8:06pm On May 05, 2023
truthCoder:

In tech, age does not matter. If you are afraid of calling your employees brother buhari, you can have a company wide policy of everyone by first name or preferred nickname.

Don’t use age to push away good hires or make it a factor that limits you to employing from a small pool.

I wish you the best in your startup.

The reason they stated for the age no follow , whether old or young can be a jerk at work place

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by Somamezee: 9:45am On May 06, 2023
It is common knowledge among employers that there are certain aspects of a job vacancy that may not be publicly disclosed for a specific reason. If you find that a publication does not meet your expectations, rather than make comments base on your own assertions, oga move ahead.

Many of today's Fortune 500 companies choose not to disclose salary expectations in their job postings, while still specifying age requirements. This decision is made for a reason.

Am not surprised at all from these reactions!---Pride and lack of understanding of how most businesses sets their guiding principles is one major problem that some tech guys especially programmers have...

Requirements are met to streamline response!
Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by niel63(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2023
Somamezee:
It is common knowledge among employers that there are certain aspects of a job vacancy that may not be publicly disclosed for a specific reason. If you find that a publication does not meet your expectations, rather than make comments base on your own assertions, oga move ahead.

Many of today's Fortune 500 companies choose not to disclose salary expectations in their job postings, while still specifying age requirements. This decision is made for a reason.

Am not surprised at all from these reactions!---Pride and lack of understanding of how most businesses sets their guiding principles is one major problem that some tech guys especially programmers have...

Requirements are met to streamline response!

You still dey pride sha... cheesy We are talking from experience bro. Is this your first recruitment?

You did well in setting age limits... yet, salary turn bone for your neck. What are you hiding exactly cheesy

Talk truth, how much you wan pay for this role.

Okay i want to apply... and not to waste our time, what is my salary expectation. Are there any incentives?

Will I be working with my own system or you're providing me with one.?

These are the things that makes one ask for salary expectations bro. Na Nigeria we dey and we know how una dey run these things.

I know a popular tech company in lagos that lost 80% of it's engineers because of this thing... omo, na every month dem dey get vacancy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by Okwi94934: 12:30pm On May 06, 2023
Somamezee:
A startup requires the services of a Developers.

1. Frontend Engineer: experience in JS and UI/UX technologies
2. Full stack Engineer: experience with either the MEAN or LAMP stacks.

--- Minimum of 2years core development experience
---Willingness to Stay in Asaba Delta State (with Accommodation Provided) -
----Must be passionate about building products
----Experience with social and e-commerce solution is a plus
----Should be between the age's of 20 - 33yrs
----Must be available to resume immediately
----Should have knowledge of GITs

---Pay is Reasonable

Kindly send your CV/Resume to "somamezee@gmail.com"
Application Deadline: 11am Sunday 7 May, 2023
The truth is, most people or companies that post job vacancies here are broke. They are looking for quality services with broke pay. This guy and his so called company are broke trust me. All they can offer is between 50k to 100k monthly and yet they will list heaven and earth. If your pay is attractive, list it here and see developers rush to apply but your peanut pay will put them away. Rubbish person and company...mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by airsaylongcome: 2:17pm On May 07, 2023
Somamezee:
These questions are irrelevant, I swear some people needs to walk on their mentality and low IQ!
---You should ask yourself the purpose of interview
---For an employer that is providing standard accommodation, you should ask yourself if they can't afford Laptops for work.
---And I don't see why 50k-100k pay should be term Reasonable for the skillsets listed and with the current economy.
---Moreso, I believe Nairaland is a community to connect with talents easily as much as Linkedln... As a tech guy I know how much money I have made from projects gotten through Nairaland... dey play! as you think say NL is for broke companies..

Its quite unfortunate that some people don't understand how recruitment works.
When a job publication is made and you need clarification, professionalism demands that you contact the email for any clarification.

Contact which silly email? You can respond to an email inquiry but not to the same inquiry here? Yet you can respond to the criticisms?

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Developers (URGENT) by niel63(m): 7:10pm On May 07, 2023
Somamezee:
These questions are irrelevant, I swear some people needs to walk on their mentality and low IQ!
---You should ask yourself the purpose of interview
---For an employer that is providing standard accommodation, you should ask yourself if they can't afford Laptops for work.
---And I don't see why 50k-100k pay should be term Reasonable for the skillsets listed and with the current economy.
---Moreso, I believe Nairaland is a community to connect with talents easily as much as Linkedln... As a tech guy I know how much money I have made from projects gotten through Nairaland... dey play! as you think say NL is for broke companies..

Its quite unfortunate that some people don't understand how recruitment works.
When a job publication is made and you need clarification, professionalism demands that you contact the email for any clarification.

I will tell you this for free.

You no be better person. grin

(1) (Reply)

Comparing C++ And C# / It’s Time To Listen To…… Emeagwali & One Million Nigerians (part 2) / Make Mozilla 10x Times Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.