Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? (4323 Views)

Read How Nigerian Bosses In The UK Treat Fellow Nigerians Like Slaves / Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know / Why Do Nigerians Like Repititive Words? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by KDULAR: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2011
@ pinkeret and agitator, wetin I dey talk be say , we don dey loose our ability to respect oda pipul and com dey tay for our own alone, that na the koko wey we dey fin am difficult to accept mae someone find k-leg for anything we do and tell us be am for english or anything at all we we do. Nothing spoil for someone finding k-leg for anything wey we do but in no mean say we must accept am total total but in no mean nothing and we no suppose dey aggresive when someone do that . U we sey ( I thank una)
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by coded777: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2011
I dey enjoy d quarrel,
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by showstopa: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
@OP.Nigrians are very proud people including yours truly and not just grammerwise.
We just feel on top of the world all round. I am still tryign to find out the reason why.
Maybe a Black thing.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by badmrkt(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
i wonder why people always think they'r perfect.why not remove the log from your eyes before even think of removing the spec from another's.it's very frustrating when one claims to know much yet ends up displacing idiocity of the highest order.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by showstopa: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2011
@badmarket
What nonsense are you talking about?
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by pinkrex(m): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
KDULAR:

@ pinkeret and agitator, wetin I dey talk be say , we don dey loose our ability to respect oda pipul and com dey tay for our own alone, that na the koko wey we dey fin am difficult to accept mae someone find k-leg for anything we do and tell us be am for english or anything at all we we do. Nothing spoil for someone finding k-leg for anything wey we do but in no mean say we must accept am total total but in no mean nothing and we no suppose dey aggresive when someone do that . U we sey ( I thank una)

First, d name is 'pinkrex'

secondly I have been trying to comprehend this your grammer+pidgin but its not just panning out. I don't understand the point you are trying to make here please undecided
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by pinkrex(m): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
badmrkt:

i wonder why people always think they'r perfect.why not remove the log from your eyes before even think of removing the spec from another's.it's very frustrating when one claims to know much yet ends up displacing idiocity of the highest order.

See contribution undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by juman(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
@ OP, why correcting people's grammar? Find better things to do jooorr.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by showstopa: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
@Pink rex
I think say na only me see that contribution oh. Bollocks of the highest order grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by pinkrex(m): 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
juman:

@ OP, why correcting people's grammar? Find better things to do jooorr.

Leave the Topic if you have nothing good to say joor grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
Another reoccuring despicable act portrayed by Nigerians mainly On NL here is the incessant shower of abuse in the course of correcting someone, jxt xplain the stuff to the person and leave the insults behind!

Such case was even seen happening at the front page of this thread!
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by hbrednic: 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
@OP,
AR U A TICHA tongue tongue
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by influenc12(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hey, lets get straight here. its human to resist change so what's the big deal.
There are better things to spend our time on like learning how to use the internet, and harness ICT to achieve our dreams. I know of one that i'm currently enjoying and you can do the same too!
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by lepasharon(f): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
iv noticed that naija women r proud especially wen dey cme london,wen dey aint shitt not me though tongue
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
i guess i must be Nigerian then tongue grin

cos i HATE being corrected.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by gee2(m): 4:11am On Sep 27, 2011
come join me see johnny english 4 nairaland o
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2011
@OP

Grammatical corrections in a public forum seem funny to say the least. Be ready to correct thousands of people comments at a time.

GOOD LUCK!
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by hallmark77: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2011
@Pinkrex,Its wrong and completely stupid to correct someone because of wrong use of English language.Nigerians cant even speak their local languages very well and no one corrects them.Go to Europe and learn how Englsih language has been simplified even with errors but nobody give a damn.Hardly you will find and Italian speaking English to each other or a German,they only try to speak English when you dont understand their langauge or when they are outside their country.

Nigerians will even correct the way you dress if let them or the way you eat.Some people are just born tyrants!
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by agitator: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2011
hallmark77:

@Pinkrex,Its wrong and completely silly to correct someone because of wrong use of English language.Nigerians cant even speak their local languages very well and no one corrects them.Go to Europe and learn how Englsih language has been simplified even with errors but nobody give a damn.Hardly you will find and Italian speaking English to each other or a German,they only try to speak English when you dont understand their langauge or when they are outside their country.

Nigerians will even correct the way you dress if let them or the way you eat.Some people are just born tyrants!

Thank you my brother cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by Ikroberts: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
its not easy to correct blunders people. but not all that are blunders
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 28, 2011
hallmark77:

@Pinkrex,Its wrong and completely silly to correct someone because of wrong use of English language.Nigerians cant even speak their local languages very well and no one corrects them.Go to Europe and learn how Englsih language has been simplified even with errors but nobody give a damn.Hardly you will find and Italian speaking English to each other or a German,they only try to speak English when you dont understand their langauge or when they are outside their country.

why do we like comparing ourselves to other people for God's sake!

Like someone said here , its our thing, I do not like to do that tho but if a Canadian sees you do something bizarre, they will make fun of you when you re gone and gossip bout it, wouldnt you prefer to be corrected instead? did I make any sense ?

I love my people. smiley
Nigerians are very friendly and accommodating as far as i am concerned but when it comes to typing on NL we tend to have altered ego.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by hallmark77: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2011
You obviously dont get the sense in my message, And you dont make sense to the topic as well.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by agitator: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2011
hallmark77:

You obviously dont get the sense in my message, And you dont make sense to the topic as well.

You can't blame her. The thread title is misleading. What the thread starter meant was "Why Don't Nigerians Like Their
English To Be Correct."

And, many have wished her success on her self appointed journey. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by agitator: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2011
You can't blame her. The thread title is misleading. What the thread starter meant was "Why Don't Nigerians Like Their
English Language Mistakes/Errors To Be Corrected."

And, many have wished her success on her self appointed journey. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by agitator: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2011
English Language Mistakes/Errors To Be Corrected?"

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
agitator:

And, many have wished her success on her self appointed journey.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What journey? you mean your cookooland? you are an agitator indeed. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? by pinkrex(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
agitator:

I can't blame your ignorance grin grin grin grin grin grin

Register Free For The Nigeria Buildexpo 2024 - Building Industry Exhibition! / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Youngest Wife Ola Boo.... / Glo Free Browsing Exposed Part 1

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50