Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan (527 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Will Be Happy To Have A Government They Trust / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by WTGNews(m): 8:17am On May 05, 2023
Archbishop Emeritus of Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, John Cardinal Onaiyekan on Thursday expressed hope that he would see the anticipated new Nigeria before he dies.

Speaking on Channels Television’s programme on Thursday, Onaiyekan, who was reacting to the 2023 presidential poll, said the election was rigged, stressing that those involved in manipulating the outcome of the elections know themselves.

The 80-year-old clergy who expressed sadness over the inability of the election tribunal to decide on the petitions filed by opposition parties before the May 29 handover, said God knows those that rigged the election.

He said, “I am 80, so I am not going anywhere. I am still dreaming that before I go to paradise, I should see a better Nigeria, and I believe it is possible.

Those who rigged the election know they did it. Those who refused to allow the people’s will to prevail, they know. And the wonderful thing is that God himself knows them.

“Even the court may not know, but God knows them. And they know themselves.

“The more we mention God is the more we should be on guard not to be using the name of God in vain.

“There are countries that did not want to mention God, but they are running their affairs well.

“But if we decide to keep mentioning God, then we must run our affairs according to the will of God”.

The court had fixed May 8 for the hearing of the petitions challenging the victory of the president-elect, Bola Tinubu.

The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, and his Labour Party counterpart, Peter Obi, had approached the tribunal to upturn Tinubu’s victory, alleging that their mandates were stolen by the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Cc: Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by WTGNews(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2023
So many have hope in this country. It tells u that alot believe in NIGERIA. May the Almighty God not fail us. May our sacrifices not be in vain!!

1 Like

Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Urheadmaster(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2023
New Nigeria can only be possible with Obi tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Real000: 8:20am On May 05, 2023
Lol crisis in asorok 2
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Legitisreal: 8:20am On May 05, 2023
You people are the ones dragging God into your mess and using his name in vain

If a New Nigeria means a transgender ipob ruling it sorry oga you better enter paradise now cos it won't happen

2 Likes

Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by flokii: 8:26am On May 05, 2023
Onaiyekan should go and experience Anambra that Obi governed first before claiming he wants to see New Nigeria.. let Igbos and UGM show him shege.

2 Likes

Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by christejames(m): 8:28am On May 05, 2023
Yes Padre,

Same here, sane Nigerians will definitely witness a new Nigeria where everyone will be proud of.

E dey pain me say urch1nsons go follow enjoy am 😢
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by WorldRichest: 8:28am On May 05, 2023
See me see nonsense oooo. Those that spoiled the country now want to see a new country.
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Herdsmen: 8:30am On May 05, 2023
Nigerians are tired of the old order … except for southwest Apc Yoruba.. sophisticators that still see through primordial tribal and some religious sentiment in year 2023..

They abuse and curse .. and even wish to ban press freedom..
sophisticators that wish Afghanistan on Nigerians .. all just to protect their god from insult ..
But will freely abuse and curse every other living being , humanity and other gods ..

This is year 2023 and this humans still lives in 67AD.
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Jennymine(f): 8:44am On May 05, 2023
Keep forcing us to say what we never wish to say
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2023
flokii:
Onaiyekan should go and experience Anambra that Obi governed first before claiming he wants to see New Nigeria.. let Igbos and UGM show him shege.
Under Obi, Anambra was the safest state in Nigeria.Ipob and Ugm started in 2021

2 Likes

Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by Parachoko: 9:45am On May 05, 2023
Yes

It was rigged heavily in the South East
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by VinnyBaba: 9:57am On May 05, 2023
Amen to your Prayers, Cardinal Onaiyekan.🙏

A Nigeria where there is Unity, and Meritocracy, Competence is celebrated. 😊

Not this Useless, Nepotism, Igbophobic, Thuggery practicing APC govt. undecided 😕
Re: I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan by helinues: 10:02am On May 05, 2023
Don't be in hurry Cardinal.

You will witness new and better Nigeria under Tinubu's presidency

(1) (Reply)

After The Kremlin Attack ,russia Is Preparing To Teach Ukraine A Harsh Lesson / Subsidy Removal: Buhari, You Were Much Better, Nigerians Cry Out In Regrets / Emefiele Was An Underrated Smart Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.