Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government (23591 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Will Be Happy To Have A Government They Trust / Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by privaldo: 1:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Former Archbishop of the Catholic Diocese of Abuja, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, has said President Muhammadu Buhari's admittance that Nigerians don't trust his government is a positive step.

The clergyman stated this while reacting to Buhari's Christmas message when he featured on a Channels Television programme.

Onaiyekan attributed the rising public distrust in Buhari's administration to widespread deceit being peddled on numerous occasions.

"It is positive that President Buhari recognises that his government has a heavy liability of trust deficits and it is not good for a nation that the citizens cannot trust their government so that even when the government is trying to do the right thing, there is always the feeling, 'let us wait and see, maybe it's one of those things again' which means to speak truth to power, our government must take a look at its modus operandi, its way of operation," he said.

"Up till now, they ought to be able to know why is it that they have a trust deficit, why is it that people don’t seem to want to trust them. If you ask me basically, you trust someone who is truthful but if you have too many cases of government saying one thing and doing perhaps another, the recipe for a trust deficit."

Buttressing his point, the Catholic cleric cited the current administration's claim that Boko Haram has been defeated even when the deadly sect continues to kill Nigerians.

He continued: "We've heard a lot said about fake news, about massive deceit, this is not correct and if for example, we were told that the Boko Haram has been defeated and they are still on, people will ask, what do you mean, are you serious so that any time again there is announcement on Boko Haram, people will say, well we wait and see until we are really sure which means we have a task before us and government ought to take that seriously and all those who speak on behalf of government should believe in the sacredness of the truth.

"Nigerians are ready to listen to the truth but when they are consistently deceived, it is neither good for the government nor good for the governed. Here, everyone has to do an examination of conscience. I throw the ball therefore back at not only President Buhari himself but all those who are with him running the affairs of this nation. We will be really happy to have a government to trust."

Onaiyekan said meaningful development has been elusive in the country because the leaders have refused to demonstrate the needed political will to engineer change.

He called on Buhari to address the widespread insecurity in the country, adding that people can only trust their leaders when they are matching words with actions.

SOURCE: [url=http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/28/nigerians-are-consistently-deceived-buhari-government-%E2%80%93-cardinal-onaiyekan]SAHARA REPORTERS[/url]

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Racoon(m): 3:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Another solemn truth.From;
-Sheik Ahmed Gumi,
-late Balarabe Musa,
-Arc.Bishop Kaigama,
-Junaid Mohammed,
-Prophet Isah El-Buba,
-Pastor Paul Eneche,
-Bishop David Oyedepo,
-Papa Adejare Adeboye,
-Col.Umar Dangiwa(rtd),
-Gen.Olusegun Obasanjo,
-Apostle Johnson Suleman
-Rev.Fr. Matthew Kukah and now Fr.Onaiyekan among many, have often spoken the solemn truth to the powers that be in this government but as expected it is always a bitter to swallow.

So the most refreshing aspect of the Buhari-led APC government is the frankness of its dishonesty and denying reality always.However, this have not and will never change the truth because the truth is sacrosanct.

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by SmartPolician: 3:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari and his team of senseless spokespersons have ruined all the chances they had to earn people's trust.

When Buhari assumed office, the expectations were high, with many people believing that he would clean up a country with deep roots in corruption.

Six months later, the incompetent man couldn't form a cabinet. Despite that, Nigerians gave him the benefit of the doubt. He turned the Constitution upside down and flouted it at will, yet he got people's support.

To make matters worse, he was away from the country for months - thanks to an ailment. However, Nigerians supported him wholeheartedly. No government has enjoyed this level of goodwill like the the Buhari administration.

Today, he is borrowing money up and down to run his government...in a country that has multiple streams of revenues. Still, he is playing Russian roulette with insurgency - a battle he promised to personally lead during his election campaigns. Yet, nobody asks questions.

Nigerians must be the world's easiest people to govern.

195 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by adadike(f): 4:07am On Dec 29, 2020
All the Catholic Bishops are speaking up. Black mass loading. Waiting for Bishop Ayo Maria to say something as well

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by illicit(m): 4:14am On Dec 29, 2020
Another banger....

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Sirjamo: 4:31am On Dec 29, 2020
SmartPolician:
Buhari and his team of senseless spokespersons have ruined all the chances they had to earn people's trust.

When Buhari assumed office, the expectations were high, with many people believing that he would clean up a country with deep roots in corruption.

Six months later, the incompetent man couldn't form a cabinet. Plus, Nigerians gave him the benefit of the doubt. He turned the Constitution upside down and flouted it at will, yet he got people's support.

To make matters worse, he was away from the country for months - thanks to old age. However, Nigerians supported him wholeheartedly. No government has enjoyed this level of goodwill like the the Buhari administration.

Today, he is borrowing money up and down to run his government...in a country that has multiple streams of revenues. Still, he is playing Russian roulette with insurgency - a battle he promised to personally lead during his election campaigns. Yet, nobody asks questions.

Nigerians must be the world's easiest people to govern.
What are the multiple streams of revenue? List them out please.

What happened to the streams of revenue when Ngozi said you should be ready for premium hunger because of oil slump? Did she not know about the streams?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:06am On Dec 29, 2020
Where is Colonel Lwal Gwadabe very vibrant assets of Nigeria.Nigwria get ppl o before that do mavericks.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 29, 2020
Sirjamo:
I do not see anything wrong in what this Clergy says, unlike the one that says Buhari deserves coup, Islam is a violent region.....

Before Jonathan left office, all his service chiefs were Christians

Arase - IG

Ejiofor - DSS

Minimah - Army

Amosun - Air

Badeh - Defence

Ayo Oke - NIA

All of the above were Christians, Kukah was in coma then, he didn't say a word.

Hypocrites love equity until they are directly involved.

I AM DONE TAKING

How you have switched from it being nepotic by region which is being discussed and going religious shows you know your wrongs.

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by NaijaFutbol: 6:06am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigeria has not been this safe before. Thanks to the "good" job of Buhari and his Miyetti partners in peace

7 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by IamWonderful: 6:08am On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari is synonymous with disaster

28 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by SocialJustice: 6:09am On Dec 29, 2020
The Archbishop has spoken, oya BMC 30k geng come and lie.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by RuddyFusion(m): 6:12am On Dec 29, 2020
I think the people at the helms of information dissemination for this administration and it's too agencies are to blamed for this......they don't just lie the do it with such arrogance as if they exist in another planet.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Beremx(f): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2020
Where is Father Mbaka sef?

17 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Zendinho(m): 6:35am On Dec 29, 2020
Mbaka where art thou?

Are you still prophesying buhari as the Messiah....

Or should we wait for another term in office? grin

You're one of those to be held responsible for this cluelessness in government.

43 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by sevenhundred(m): 6:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Sirjamo:
I do not see anything wrong in what this Clergy says, unlike the one that says Buhari deserves coup, Islam is a violent region.....

Arase - IG

Ejiofor - DSS

Minimah - Army

Amosun - Air

Badeh - Defence

Ayo Oke - NIA

I AM DONE TAKING
butbut they were not from the same region, and must of them were replaced when when they perform below standard.

50 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 6:43am On Dec 29, 2020
IamWonderful:
Buhari is synonymous with disaster
Nope! This can't be coming from you. Maybe you've not been paid your zombie allowance for this month.

27 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by youngeagle(m): 6:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Those defending this administration still has a lot of work to do.

5 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by IamWonderful: 6:50am On Dec 29, 2020
ThEGodFaThEr101:

Nope! This can't be coming from you. Maybe you've not been paid your zombie allowance for this month.
purge yourself of unnecessary presumptuous thought, not all yorubas are pro-buhari, I have never supported Buhari, I only against the igbos for 12 of them to scam me in a day despite I was the one that sort their help and also came on Nairaland and igbos supported criminality, that means there is something weird about them and their connection to criminality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 6:54am On Dec 29, 2020
IamWonderful:
purge yourself of unnecessary presumptuous thought, not all yorubas are pro-buhari, I have never supported Buhari, I only against the igbos for 12 of them to scam me in a day despite I was the one that sort their help and also came on Nairaland and igbos supported criminality, that means there is something weird about them and their connection to criminality.
See scammerer calling people scam. In your bid to double money you got served now you come online and start shouting Igbo Upandan as if Yorubas too don't scam.

Is Hushpuppi an Igbo man?

26 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by jlinkd78(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Following
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2020
Esseite:

How you have switched from it being nepotic by region which is being discussed and going religious shows you know your wrongs.

It seems you don't know Buharideens very well? Trust them to find any possible means just to justify Buhari's ineptitude, incompetence, nepotistic and what have you..

I know them very well, they don't disappoint

27 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by wickyyolo: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2020
Sirjamo:

Arase - IG

Ejiofor - DSS

Minimah - Army

Amosun - Air

Badeh - Defence

Ayo Oke - NIA

I AM DONE TAKING

Who was dasuki in Jonathan tenure ?

28 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Sirjamo: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2020
wickyyolo:

Who was dasuki in Jonathan tenure ?
Was Dasuki a service chief?

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by wilemer: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Finally, the clerics are on Buhari's case

We love to see it

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by BlessedNuel: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerians wey dey wise ain't in shock atall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal: You’ve Endured, Persevere A Little More, Tinubu Tells Nigerians / Wike: If You Don't Want To Be Betrayed, Don't Join Politics. I Am Fully Prepared / Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.