Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times (33460 Views)

Emmanuel Atewe: Court Orders Final Seizure Of Properties Linked To Rtd General / Court Orders Forfeiture Of 14 Properties Linked To Kogi Government / EFCC Gets Court Order To Seize Properties Linked To NSA Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by ogododo: 11:28am On May 05, 2023
Nigeria’s president-elect, Bola Tinubu, whose victory in February is being challenged in court, has been keeping part of his wealth in the United Kingdom, where he and his close associates own at least 20 properties that were mostly acquired when Tinubu was the governor of Lagos State.

Following the 2023 presidential election, Tinubu is scheduled to succeed Muhammadu Buhari as president on 29 May 2023. His opponents claim the elections have been fixed.

The 71-year-old is widely seen as Nigeria’s political kingmaker for his role in the elections of several governors in the country’s southwest region, as well as the election of Buhari, who defeated the incumbent in 2015.

The governors he picked tended to be former directors of companies owned by Tinubu or his son.

Bloomberg first reported on Tuesday that Tinubu’s son, Oluwaseyi, is the main shareholder of Aranda Overseas Corporation, an offshore company that bought a controversial US$10.8 million U.K. property in 2017.

At the time it was bought, Nigeria was trying to confiscate the London house that belonged to a Nigerian oil dealer who was facing corruption charges at home and in the United States, according to OCCRP Nigerian partner Premium Times.

However, OCCRP has uncovered more than a dozen other properties with links to Tinubu, mostly acquired while he served as Lagos State’s governor from May 1999 to May 2007. Tinubu’s spokesman did not respond to email and text messages seeking comment.

“If there are reasonable grounds to suspect these assets were bought with criminal funds then they should be investigated,” said Steve Goodrich, head of research and investigations at Transparency International U.K. “Owning a home via an offshore company has seldom made much sense except for securing secrecy,” he added.

Tinubu’s history is not entirely clean. He was forced to forfeit $460,000 to the U.S. government in 1993 as proceeds of narcotics trafficking, according to the ruling of a U.S. District Court in Illinois.

However, about a year later, Abeeb Holdings Limited, an offshore company registered in Gibraltar with Tinubu as the beneficial owner, bought Flat 9 at 96-100 New Cavendish Street in London.

His connection to Abeeb Holdings Limited has been revealed, thanks to the Register of Overseas Entities, a new measure designed by the U.K. to reveal the true owners of offshore firms that hold property in the country.

In 2011, his son’s Aranda Overseas Corporation bought Flat 10A in the same building. The lease agreement was signed by Tinubu’s associate, Oladipo Eludoyin, a director of Aranda Overseas Corporation.

Eludoyin is also the founding director of Aranda Resources Limited, a Nigerian registered company whose shares are owned by Aranda Overseas Corporation.

OCCRP further found that Eludoyin is the beneficial owner of 17 U.K. properties through three offshore companies registered in the British Virgin Islands.

Eludoyin’s properties were purchased between 2004 and 2007 when Tinubu was governor of Lagos State. He did not respond to a request for comment.

Tinubu was succeeded by Babatunde Fashola, who previously served as his chief of staff. Fashola also had a hand in Aranda Resources Limited. He signed and presented the allotment of shares of Aranda Resources Limited to Nigeria’s corporate registry in December 2001. Fashola’s spokesperson did not respond to requests for comment.

Following his term as governor, Tinubu remained an influential politician. Local media reported that he picked Babajide Sanwo-Olu and made him governor of Lagos State in 2019, despite entreaties from his party to allow Sanwo-Olu’s predecessor to continue for a second term.

Sanwo-Olu was a director in Aranda Resources Limited until 26 days before his first day in office as governor in May 2019. His spokesperson also did not respond to requests for comment.

Another director of Aranda Resources Limited and Aranda Overseas Corporation, Adegboyega Oyetola, was elected governor of the Nigerian southwestern state of Osun in 2018, and Tinubu was widely credited for his electoral success.

It is not clear when he became the beneficial owner, but when Aranda Overseas Corporation was incorporated in November 1999 in the tax haven British Virgin Islands, the younger Tinubu was 14 and had just been admitted into Milton Abbey School in England for his secondary school education while his father had just spent nearly six months as the governor of Lagos State.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/596847-at-least-20-properties-in-the-uk-linked-to-nigerias-president-elect-and-his-associates.html

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Tntsi: 11:34am On May 05, 2023
However, OCCRP has uncovered more than a dozen other properties with links to Tinubu, mostly acquired while he served as Lagos State’s governor from May 1999 to May 2007.

Tinubu is an institution of corruption.
Tinubu is an institution of fraud, forgery, drugs, and all other forms evil vices.

Swearing in such a personality as a president is putting A SEAL of approval on the federal republic of Nigeria as an official nation of corruption, drugs, and fraudulent activities.

Having such a personality as president is putting an official SEAL on Nigeria as a banana republic and dumping ground for all types of fraudulent people and activities.

Any patriotic Nigerian who loves, cherish and values Nigeria should think about this.

418 Likes 48 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by EKONGKING: 11:35am On May 05, 2023
Go to court and seize it, all this slander won't work .
Elections are over.

Meanwhile India main opposition leader and son and grandson of 3 prime ministers and Scion of one of world leading political families have sent to 2 years for defamation and character assassination, he lost his house and his M.P seat .

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by BloomingDale(f): 11:35am On May 05, 2023
Going to develop another man’s country while your own children starve to death.

204 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by tungamaje: 11:45am On May 05, 2023
I will make corruption unattractive

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by MadamExcellency: 11:48am On May 05, 2023
Fear any politician that is materialistic and power drunk. They are dangerous and ruthless.

257 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by helinues: 11:57am On May 05, 2023
I talk am, Tinubu's maid, driver will soon get properties in Singapore and Canada

The yeye oppositions

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Penguin2: 12:14pm On May 05, 2023
helinues:
I talk am, Tinubu's maid, driver will soon get properties in Singapore and Canada

The yeye oppositions

No vex sir, but does honour mean anything where you are from?

If yes, please can you kindly educate us what constitutes honour to you and your people.

Because for goodness sake, this is being reported by Premium Times, your darling paper.

And it gave details and dates of when these transactions took place. But you still see don’t see anything wrong in this?

And look at the pattern…

Almost all those Tinubu has supported to be governor has something to do with the said Aranda Corporation.

I’m sure they are into illicit drug shipments.

Mynd44
Nlfpmod

Front page please

200 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by OKOATA(m): 12:19pm On May 05, 2023
helinues:

The yeye oppositions
Nicca don't you gat a job at all? Always on nairaland 247. You are always on every thread. Haba take a chill pill.

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by helinues: 12:20pm On May 05, 2023
OKOATA:
Nicca don't you gat a job at all? Always on nairaland 247. You are always on every thread. Haba take a chill pill.

My productive, how have you been able to monitor my activities?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by OKOATA(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2023
helinues:

My productive, how have you been able to monitor my activities?

How much are they paying you? I will pay you double in bitcoin as long as you stop jumping on every thread $weping your junks. I'm for real bro.

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by wonder233: 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
I pity these people who risk their lives and careers thinking they are exposing a politician. Its an exercise in futility: Nigerians don't give a hoot about all these. What determines a Nigerian's vote is TRIBE, RELIGION & PARTY LOYALTY. If you like show a live video of the person slaughtering a human being, his supporters will still vote for him.
Wasn't Ganduje caught on camera stuffing dollars into his pocket? What came out of it?
Wasn't Atiku caught on audio tape confessing to a corrupt act? What came out of it?
Wasn't Fayose recorded plotting with military to rig Ekiti election then? Did anything happen?.
Please leave Nigerians.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by moscobabs(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
Is there anything wrong for Tinubu and his family to have properties in abroad?

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Houseofglam7(f): 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
undecided

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Acidosis(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
Lagos money is working. Abuja properties to join soon grin grin

19 Likes

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Femisol(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
Tinubu this, Tinubu that.

The name Tinubu sells newspaper like Purewater and wildfire grin grin

Note- I am not a supporter of any politician before Obidients come for me grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Ibrahimcoomasie: 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
moscobabs:
Is there anything wrong for Tinubu and his family to have properties in abroad?
Well, they have not even established any proof that the said properties belong to The Tinubu family and not Eludoyin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
grin grin UK hmmmmmm
Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by inforesource: 1:06pm On May 05, 2023
hmm. That is why I don't trust these foreign countries. They don't reject anything fraudulent, instead they will shield you and bank your money and generate income and taxes. I don't blame these corrupt politicians that have safe havens outside to bank our wealth, it is the corrupt foreign countries who connived with them to carry out these dastardly acts.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by raskymonojendor: 1:07pm On May 05, 2023
They should talk to Eludoyin and stop disturbing us with this news. Swearing in preparation is in full swing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Roger3D(m): 1:07pm On May 05, 2023

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by accordadoga25(f): 1:07pm On May 05, 2023
That does not stop him from becoming your president come may 29.

One hear one obedient dey talk for radio live programme say Tinubu no go ever be his president.

When Tinubu gives an order Obedients (including Obi himself) should please flout it. Na dat time una go know whether na Obi be the President or not.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by BigYash: 1:07pm On May 05, 2023
Same way his supporters on nairaland get houses full UK and US too.. Emilokonaires cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by Eriokanmi: 1:07pm On May 05, 2023
I doubt Nigerians know this man they're toying with. We shouted loud enough, but they didn't hear

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by KingsCity: 1:07pm On May 05, 2023
I expect EFCC, ICPC and the Police to seriously ask the question:

WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE FUNDS USED TO ACQUIRE THESE PROPERTIES?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by allthingsgood: 1:07pm On May 05, 2023
na una sabi

1 Like

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by FalseProphet1(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2023
Tinubu is a crooked criminal. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by allthingsgood: 1:08pm On May 05, 2023
BigYash:
Same way his supporters on nairaland get houses full UK and US too.. Emilokonaires cheesy

lol, we dont need houses to love him
i just love tinubu kiss

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times by lordswill03: 1:08pm On May 05, 2023
He can buy the whole if UK if he so wishes...dude ain't poor

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BUhari Promises To Open Calabar To Rest Of The Country / Protest Against Patience Jonathan In Lagos At EFCC Office In Ikoyi (Photos) / Matawalle: Powerful Politicians In Aso Rock Sabotaging The War Against Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.