Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi (7223 Views)

Boko Haram Dumping Pits Discovered By Army During Clearance Operation - Graphic / LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / Entrance To Boko Haram Underground Silo Discovered By Nigerian Army (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by OAM4J: 3:34am On Sep 25, 2011
[size=13pt]Police discover terrorist training camp in Bauchi[/size]

Men of the Bauchi State Police command have raided a terrorist training camp in the Toro Local Government Area of the state, arresting 10 men and recovering arms and ammunition

The leader of the camp was in the process of recruiting another 35 people for training before the camp was invaded by the police.

Toro is less than 30 kilometres from Jos, which has witnessed serial killings in the last two months.

The police said the suspects were undergoing training at the camp, saying it recovered five camouflage military uniforms, 70 rounds of 7.62mm AK47 live ammunition, 44 rounds of live cartridges, four pump action guns, one military jungle hat, four machetes in bayonet-like form, and a box containing assorted charms.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Ikechukwu Aduba, who described the invasion and arrest as a ‘breakthrough,’ said Toro appeared to have become a training ground for terrorist activities.

He expressed worry at the recoveries, especially that of the military uniform and high velocity military arms and ammunition.

Aduba said, “Since my posting, this is the first time I am seeing such. They have refused to name their sponsors, but investigations will unravel those behind the camp.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Barau, said the suspects would be taken to Dikwa in Kaduna state for further investigations because they confessed that they were supposed to go on a reprisal attack following the killings of some Fulani people in the area.

The PPRO gave their names as Buba Yayi, Sule Saleh, Lawalle Abdulkadir, Abdulkadir Saleh, Musa, Abubakar alias Musa duna, Alhaji Abubakar Mohammed (leader), Adamu Jagaba, Seidu Saleh, and Risku Usman

Barau said, “We arrested them in a village called Gumau in Toro. The first thing we did was to screen them based on the suspicion of conspiracy, unlawful possession of offensive weapons, firearms, live ammunition and pump action cartridges — all lethal weapons.

“As investigation progressed, it became obvious that they were no mere criminals, but terrorists.

The fact became obvious when from the confessional statement of three of them, they said that they were recruited by one Alhaji Abubakar Mohammed, who is their leader.

He quartered them and they have commenced training in the use of fire arms and tactful defence.

“They were to be trained in weapon handling. It was obvious from their statement that after the training, their mission would be to avenge the death of their Fulani brothers and sisters that lost their lives in Kaduna riots. To be more specific, they were planning an attack on Zamkwa community in Zangon Kataf in Southern Kaduna.”

Barau said five of the suspects were arrested around 7am on September 15, after an attack on the village of Fuska Mata in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State. Fuska Matta is a border village between Jos and Toro in Bauchi.

He added, “More importantly the group is being investigated for their possible involvement in the attack on the village of Fuska Matta which was attacked by Fulani on September 9 at 9pm. It was these five that took us to the house where the remaining five were arrested.”

He said that the suspects were being trained with one AK47 rifle and one pump action.

The CP added that the police would not leave any stone unturned in a bid to unmask the sponsors of the group but that his greatest headache was the internally-displaced persons who migrated from Maiduguri and Jos to Bauchi.

He said, “Most of them are not employable. However, our 24-hour patrol is on and we are making efforts to contain these hoodlums.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110925553839
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 25, 2011
It's really troubling that Nigeria is now a country for terrorism!
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by mrewe: 4:10am On Sep 25, 2011
May God save us!
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by gonzaga: 4:49am On Sep 25, 2011
One question that is begging to be asked is this; why are all the terrorist acts initiated from one section of the country? Remember when Obj came to power in 1999, Sharia was introduced to destabilize him. Now Gej is there, the issue of bombings and terrorism have come up again.

Whatever anyone thinks, this is a gang up against power loss. To intimidate, harass and unsettle the president. Piant a picture of chaos and insecurity just because of 4 years loss of power! Those who are frnds of history will know that the north has never willingly relinquish power, whether military or civilian. Obj's first coming was because Murtala was assasinated, his second coming was because Abiola died and the south west was to be compensated. Still the north did not allow for a free choice, they imposed a supposed stooge who turned around to chop off their fingers. Even though they imposed Obj on us, they still used sharia to try to unsettle him. Gej came in because Yar'dua died! If not, nothing for the south.

In all of this, discerning minds can see that politics is the only life blood the north has got and that is why they will die to have it. In all other areas where merit is used as the standard, you will never find them there. Check sports for instance, how many of them are athletes? professional footballers? swimmers? etc. It is only where government money is involved that you see these vampires. We should all rally round GEJ instead of all this constant hauling of insults at him. The north will never criticize their own, at least openly. That is one lesson the southerners have refused to learn. Babangida was accussed of soo many crimes same for Atiku, but these are glorified sons of the north. You can never hear any northerner openly insulting these men. But the loud and foul mouthed uncouth and ill mannerd southerners will not hesitate to haul insults at Obj, Gej and other southern leaders all becos of incurable inferiority complex.

Let those who know the history of leadership in this country tell me if am wrong. God help us all from these rampaging marauders,
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Abujabir24: 6:13am On Sep 25, 2011
@gongaza. Shut up i said shut up y is it dat anything dat happens d fingers will be pointing at muslims. If i tell u wat d christians re doing u'll be surprised cuz i came in counter wit 1 but unfortunately he ran away. I would have slaughtered d fòol. Dis men re just criminal hu wnt 2 avenge d death of their brothers at kaduna riots. So stp d blame on every muslins.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 25, 2011
Dat village Magama Gumau, n Bauchi state, is always a death trap fo travelers weneva ders trouble n Jos! Vehicles ar stoped, christian persengers ar sortd out nd murderd!
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by homerac7: 6:29am On Sep 25, 2011
@ Abujabir

unfortunately, ur reaction as put here, threatening to 'slaughter' another man openly is exactly what has given many people d negativ impression of u and ur people. violence begets violence. u dont continue to hav ds feeling of killing at will and expect people to b at ease wt ur presence and moves.  

@ gonzaga

certain assumptions arent totally correct in ur analysis,

1. its just a popular political song dt d north dissatisfaction wt power loss dt gav rise to suicide bombing and terrorism, viewing issues from a better understanding of d northern society, its not a whole truth. violence has been rife and unchecked for too long in d north so much dt it has created some sense of impunity wt the people. police r lords in d south whereas they r just shadows up there in north. ask ths from anybody who is/ had lived in north. now, boko haram menace didnt start when GEJ became president, rather, when one of their own was. its regrouping and resurgence only came up under GEJ. its only usual dt religious terrorism go hand in hand wt some political agitation, wc is what d new boko haram is doing. u can check ds against evry religious militant groups from knights of templar, crusaders down to al quaeda and boko haram. while its not totally out of place to claim political reasons, d past histories may just tell dt its more dn dt.

2. u asked dt southerners should stop condemning poor performance of their leaders isnt it\? do u realize dt same acceptance of corruption and ineptitude based on religious and geo-politicsl affiliation led d talakawas of d north to d level of poverty and frustration dt morphed them into terrorists today? did u read where d police officer described d displaced people from maiduguri as "mostly unemployable", meanin that they r wtout any form of formal education or economic skill? how do u hav an army of such type of people and dont expect crime to b? u only need b aquainted wt d horrible human mismanagement there to understand dt its a problem dt will always erup at sometime until d poverty there is checked. talking abt checking it, dont expect a quick solution rather, its a long time thing as d existing generation will need to b rehabilitated whil d new will need b set on right path.

think abt ds things and u will appreciate how big d trouble in d north is. before u glee too much, d south isnt much better either. its a generational blanket dt is only heavier in d north.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by gonzaga: 7:00am On Sep 25, 2011
@ Abujajabir, I never mentioned muslims in my post! Cross check ur facts. All I said was the north. And you did not bother to counter the points I raised, rather u were telling us how u wanted to join ur fellows in the slaughthering game. Truth be told, the north has caused this country more pains, embarassment and ill luck than any gain.

Everythin seems to be shrouded in religion. While other sections of the country have succeded in separating culture from religion, the north has not been able to do so. This is wat is responsible for the crass babarism we see up north. Are there no muslims in Lagos, Oyo, Edo and some other states in the south? Why are they not as volatile as the ones up north?

Once again in my original post, there was no where i mentioned muslims, dat would have been a great injustice to the peace loving muslims in the southern part of Nigeria and some ifinitesimal number in the north.

I know u will soon have blood in ur hands, don't just make the victime a minor or a pregnant woman. grin
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by malele(m): 7:24am On Sep 25, 2011
@ gonzaga

God bless u
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by God2man(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2011
Any personality,group,man or woman that are troubling the peace of Nigeria,be exposed and be disgraced. In Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2011
gonzaga:

@ Abujajabir, I never mentioned muslims in my post! Cross check your facts. All I said was the north. And you did not bother to counter the points I raised, rather u were telling us how u wanted to join your fellows in the slaughthering game. Truth be told, the north has caused this country more pains, embarassment and ill luck than any gain.

Everythin seems to be shrouded in religion. While other sections of the country have succeded in separating culture from religion, the north has not been able to do so. This is wat is responsible for the crass babarism we see up north. Are there no muslims in Lagos, Oyo, Edo and some other states in the south? Why are they not as volatile as the ones up north?

Once again in my original post, there was no where i mentioned muslims, dat would have been a great injustice to the peace loving muslims in the southern part of Nigeria and some ifinitesimal number in the north.

I know u will soon have blood in your hands, don't just make the victime a minor or a pregnant woman. grin
Because the disgruntled North feels that they can always incite religious violence to gain political power.Boko haram is a political tool just like hamas,taliban,hezbollah,al-qaeda and a-shabab but trust,religion and politics can never be separated muslims in Lagos, Oyo, Edo and some other states in the south? Why are they not as volatile as the ones up north?[/b]

I know u will soon have blood in your hands, don't just make the victime a minor or a pregnant woman. grin
[quote][/quote]
Because the disgruntled North feels that they can always incite religious violence to gain political power.Boko haram is a political tool just like hamas,taliban,hezbollah,al-qaeda and a-shabab but trust,religion and politics can never be separated.

Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Andrew3(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2011
@abujabir

do u people always have knife? angry angry angry angry
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by sizzlers(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2011
Wat baffles me is that dis muslims does nt knw wat is called "rules of engargement", they kill minors, pregnant woman and even blind and disabled. Wat kinda people are this?
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Goldenheart(m): 8:36am On Sep 25, 2011
Wheeeeewww! Nigerian police re trying, its only when they re stretched to their breaking point that they work fine. Let them just throw an hydrogen bomb in the north n wipe it off nigerian map, u can be rest assured that even their pregnant women re carrying Yet another monster! grin grin
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by russellino: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2011
These chaps are very lucky the police got them before they made a move on zangon kataf. That area has some of the most frighteningly militant northern xtians. Since 1991 they have responded to attacks by those islamic extremist nut jobs with brutal despatch. These guys were going on a suicide mission I guess. These terrorists know that kataf ppl are a genuine symbolic threat to their long term goals in the north
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by okunboy: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2011

:Andrew:::
@abujabir

do u people always have knife?

@Andrew in the north they sale knives (I mean dagger knives)openly in garrage, in the market like u selling poff-poff in d south. So dat Abujabir is not joking with dat statement! They pray for 4giveness wen they slaughter animal, but it is a blessing when they slaughter "infidels".
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Ekiti1: 9:59am On Sep 25, 2011
gonzaga:

@ Abujajabir, I never mentioned muslims in my post! Cross check your facts. All I said was the north. And you did not bother to counter the points I raised, rather u were telling us how u wanted to join your fellows in the slaughthering game. Truth be told, the north has caused this country more pains, embarassment and ill luck than any gain.

Thats to show u this "abujajabir" lacks the power of reading & comprehension. There is no word like "muslim" in the original post.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by jmaine: 10:16am On Sep 25, 2011
The ripples of the after effects of the UN suicide bombing is spreading . . . . that rushed ill advised attack is their undoing . . . .but no one seem to be giving the locals some credit . . . .
The discovery of this evil camp must have involved some level of information from the locals in that area . . . . . .

A good news as to how  . . . .intelligence gathering should be followed . . . BTW . . .The Southern Kaduna folks would be battle ready considering this revelation . . .
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by fsb(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2011
@gongaza I think I concur with your analysis of issues. OBJ in power = Sharia; GEJ in power = Disgruntled elements begin to sponsor terrorists to destabilize govt.

@Abujajabir In a post on another thread, you wrote "Boko haram is an organization dat is tired of d injustice goin on in dis country nd d corruption. Dats y dey r tryin 2 fyt d govt. Many fools think dey re afta christians only wich is absolutely wrong infact its muslims dey hav been killin amng d security operatives. Mend re jst thugs whom re jealous of hausas coming in2 d south to work in the oil industries dats y dey strtd terrorizin d region"

1. I don't think I have ever head Boko Haram openly state that their purpose is fighting injustice going on in the country. So that would clearly be your assertion as to their motive.

2.  "Many fools think dey re afta christians only wich is absolutely wrong infact its muslims dey hav been killin amng d security operatives" - I CLEARLY DON'T AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT, AT LEAST NOT ANYMORE. (Case in Point: Police HQ Bombing; UN Bombing)

3. "Mend re jst thugs whom re jealous of hausas coming in2 d south to work in the oil industries dats y dey strtd terrorizin d region"

This is clearly the most ABSURD statement I have ever read. I cant believe you possibly wrote this last part.

Personally, many of us are just hypocrites in this country (referring to religious fanatics - both Christian and Muslim). I do hope that one day we can put our religious differences aside, and move this nation forward for the good of every Nigerian regardless of religion.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Ifystar: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2011
This is not about religion at all. I have moslem friends that have not castigated me or my religion.
These people only hide in the guise of religion to perpetrate their evil agenda.
I absolutely concur with gongaza with that analysis.
Ever since the north lost power, they have employed every means to get it back.
During Obj's tenure, it was sharia (from the north).
During Yar'adua's, no northern opposition.
Now Gej, and its all terrorism and bombings (from the north).
gonzaga:

One question that is begging to be asked is this; why are all the terrorist acts initiated from one section of the country? Remember when Obj came to power in 1999, Sharia was introduced to destabilize him. Now Gej is there, the issue of bombings and terrorism have come up again.

Whatever anyone thinks, this is a gang up against power loss. To intimidate, harass and unsettle the president. Piant a picture of chaos and insecurity just because of 4 years loss of power! Those who are frnds of history will know that the north has never willingly relinquish power, whether military or civilian. Obj's first coming was because Murtala was assasinated, his second coming was because Abiola died and the south west was to be compensated. Still the north did not allow for a free choice, they imposed a supposed stooge who turned around to chop off their fingers. Even though they imposed Obj on us, they still used sharia to try to unsettle him. Gej came in because Yar'dua died! If not, nothing for the south.

In all of this, discerning minds can see that politics is the only life blood the north has got and that is why they will die to have it. In all other areas where merit is used as the standard, you will never find them there. Check sports for instance, how many of them are athletes? professional footballers? swimmers? etc. It is only where government money is involved that you see these vampires. We should all rally round GEJ instead of all this constant hauling of insults at him. The north will never criticize their own, at least openly. That is one lesson the southerners have refused to learn. Babangida was accussed of soo many crimes same for Atiku, but these are glorified sons of the north. You can never hear any northerner openly insulting these men. But the loud and foul mouthed uncouth and ill mannerd southerners will not hesitate to haul insults at Obj, Gej and other southern leaders all becos of incurable inferiority complex.

Let those who know the history of leadership in this country tell me if am wrong. God help us all from these rampaging marauders,
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Ifystar: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2011
Also kudos to the police on this discovery!!!
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by jamace(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2011
Kudos to the police.

However, we will like to get feed back on the prosecution of these guys and moreso, their sponsors.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Ifystar: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2011
jamace:

Kudos to the police.

However, we will like to get feed back on the prosecution of these guys and moreso, their sponsors.

My guy, na dia wahala dey ooo!!!
Everytin fit just die down like that.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by sheyguy: 11:59am On Sep 25, 2011
TORO i did my (NYSC) service there, they don't tolerate terrorists activities there. Good one there from the pple of toro, I am proud of them (at least while they are exposing terror groups).
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by Lekkerlife(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2011
Those assholes sons of bitches radical Islamist think they know how to kill better and more brutal, no, you are wrong!
We can do it best but we respect God than you do
and why do you do this?
You are doing this to intimidate the Christians
You are suffering from inferiority complex
You are trying to cover up your inhumane acts in the name of religion
You don't want freedom for your people
Your leaders are misleading you because they are bad and tyrants
They don't want you to know the truth
You are afraid that you are loosing in numbers

You know what? I don't give a Bleep
Some of us don't read the verse of bible that says, when you being slap on your right face side, turn the left
I will not turn the left, I will retaliate with punch.

They are pushing us to the wall and very soon, we'll hit back
Assholes!
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by 1121: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2011
Kudos to police in this matter. Only God knows d no of innocent soles that have been saved by dis development.I just hope appropriate steps are taken & every other hidden places of devil b exposed
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by software(m): 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
thank God o
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by velo10: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2011
Thank God for these reveleations. I expect that the police and other law enforcements interrogate these terrorists to the core in order to fish out their sponsors. It's is a pity that most northerners are violence-prone.
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by MMM2(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2011
my prayers re working smiley
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by chy101: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2011
The camp would have been concealed the more if the commissioner of police where to be a northerner
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by enomakos(m): 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2011
no wonder i have stop visiting the north
Re: Terrorist Training Camp Discovered By Police In Bauchi by hbrednic: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
MOSLEM TERRORISTS AGAIN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lack Of Funds Won’t Stop Ogoni Clean-up - Amina Mohammed / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock By TonyeBarcanista / AAC Will Win 2019 Elections – Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.