Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 (21434 Views)

I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 – Gov.-elect Sanwoolu Vows / Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / N-power: Nigerian Government Reveals When It Will Employ 300,000 Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Ndipe(m): 7:36pm On May 05, 2023
And they work seven days a week. Government should step in and put an end to this modern day slavery.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by michlins(m): 7:40pm On May 05, 2023
Explorers:

Sad.
where you go since sir
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by obinna58(m): 7:47pm On May 05, 2023
IpobAntidote:
17500? My gate man is making 35k even though I'm hardly there. I guess he got it made.
No it’s same slavery baba, there’s nothing good about 35k job in this economy
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by IbileIfe: 7:49pm On May 05, 2023
Majority of Nigerian employers are USERS.
They are evil and wicked and they use religion for the camouflage of their nefarious acts; quoting servants ought to obey their masters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by obinna58(m): 7:56pm On May 05, 2023
IpobAntidote:

My gateman doesn't even do anything. I'm 90% percent of the time not at the house. He lives there for free and even brings his friends to stay with him once I'm out of the country. Basically, he sleeps there just so that someone will be there, nothing more. He's doing other work once I travel out. Considering Nigeria's economy and the salaries for other workers, 35k is good money for a gateman.
Even in the West, your most significant expense is housing/rent/mortgage. That's already taking care of him and his friends.
Yes, anyone will like to make more, but 35k is not bad.
Not bad at all though this your name Dey fear me

Tinubu must be your sponsor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Goddyrichie(m): 8:26pm On May 05, 2023
Pierohandsome:
It is those security gusrds that I pity.

A compound of 10 tenants with over 15 cars will employ security guards and use them as gatemen , car washers, errand boys, waste bin disposers, and all manner of domestic chores ,and pay them 20k as salary.

Nigerians are wicked people
reason why 80% nigeria youth do yahoo yahoo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Goddyrichie(m): 8:31pm On May 05, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Humans are extremely wicked and selfish by nature, ESPECIALLY WÓMEN...

Thank God for religions, if not we all could have be living like savage animals.
which religion are u talking about they're d most wicked people
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OChimex: 8:47pm On May 05, 2023
Pierohandsome:

A compound of 10 tenants with over 15 cars will employ security guards and use them as gatemen , car washers, errand boys, waste bin disposers, and all manner of domestic chores ,and pay them 20k as salary.

They are really wicked evil set of people. No wonder the country is dead.
Nothing flourishes in wickedness.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by ChikezieU(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2023
You never see anything
madscientist88:
only an ignorant domestic staff would be over worked without bonuses, every domestic staff has rights and should list those rights in agreement before starting a job,if your job is the gate the gate is your job if your job is cleaning and cooking,then thats your job, domestic staff should set the boundaries and bonuses to be paid for extra job.if the owner does not settle with the agreement you can go dont be enslaved,you could sustain serious injuries doing extra job in a house and still get no bonus for it,total bs,let home owner , higher their security, gardener and house help separately, except if an individual accept to do all those jobs.when i started my job in 2012 in Lagos,i was direct at my boss,i made it clear that i wont have anything to do with something out of my job description if he wasn't alright with it i would take my leave,he accepted my terms with no hesitation, until the time i left i have never done an side job for my boss even though he gave me accommodation,only people with low self-esteem get trampled upon.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by madscientist88(m): 9:24pm On May 05, 2023
ChikezieU:
You never see anything
gibberish
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by MartinsD12(m): 9:48pm On May 05, 2023
benjackugo:
Nigerians Will Employ A Chef And Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman For N17,500 - BBNaija’s Tochi

Big Brother Naija star, Tochi, has called out Nigerians who overwork their domestic staff, IGBERETV reports.

In a post shared on his Instastories, Tochi stated that a Nigerian will employ a chef and use him or her for other domestic activities while paying the person a static salary.

His post read;

https://igberetvnews.com/1444368/nigerians-will-employ-chef-turn-nanny-gateman-n17500-bbnaijas-tochi/
It's true it happens even in some hotels too
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by mechanics(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2023
Ceenachi:
May God help us in this country and the money no reach to buy things talk more to reach a whole month fa
That's true.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Napata77: 1:26am On May 06, 2023
madscientist88:
only an ignorant domestic staff would be over worked without bonuses, every domestic staff has rights and should list those rights in agreement before starting a job,if your job is the gate the gate is your job if your job is cleaning and cooking,then thats your job, domestic staff should set the boundaries and bonuses to be paid for extra job.if the owner does not settle with the agreement you can go dont be enslaved,you could sustain serious injuries doing extra job in a house and still get no bonus for it,total bs,let home owner , higher their security, gardener and house help separately, except if an individual accept to do all those jobs.when i started my job in 2012 in Lagos,i was direct at my boss,i made it clear that i wont have anything to do with something out of my job description if he wasn't alright with it i would take my leave,he accepted my terms with no hesitation, until the time i left i have never done an side job for my boss even though he gave me accommodation,only people with low self-esteem get trampled upon.

You've said it all.

It is when you don't know your rights as an employee, or are desperate for any work at all, that you will be taken advantage of.

What we need is for govt to make it mandatory to have a written EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT for EVERY job a person is hired for in this country.

And the employer pays a penalty if he breaches the terms of the contract.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Gboliwe: 2:18am On May 06, 2023
Here I was looking for a chef in a house that already has a housekeeper, a driver and a security man and NL felt N40k monthly was too small.

Someone who would not pay for transport or rent or food or any bill for that matter.

Una dey try sha
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by sharone21(f): 3:23am On May 06, 2023
Apprentices arent left out.

U may even be an OND, HND, BSc graduate but choose to learn a trade and u see yourself doing other things beyond what u paid for( no matter how small) to learn including paying to do 'graduation' ceremony after the turmoil one went through learning.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by lesson44: 6:37am On May 06, 2023
madscientist88:
Those wey dey claim right neva still work. Just dey play.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by madscientist88(m): 7:24am On May 06, 2023
lesson44:

Those wey dey claim right neva still work. Just dey play.
slave just dey play.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by djseanjohn77: 8:14am On May 06, 2023
benjackugo:
Nigerians Will Employ A Chef And Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman For N17,500 - BBNaija’s Tochi

Big Brother Naija star, Tochi, has called out Nigerians who overwork their domestic staff, IGBERETV reports.

In a post shared on his Instastories, Tochi stated that a Nigerian will employ a chef and use him or her for other domestic activities while paying the person a static salary.

His post read;

This is why I maintainthat the government are a true reflection of the larger population. Many Nigerians are more evil than the people in power. They intimidate others in their environment, their church, on the road, at work etc....anybody poor around them is a goner. The same people will come to say, government is bad, we need change..

https://igberetvnews.com/1444368/nigerians-will-employ-chef-turn-nanny-gateman-n17500-bbnaijas-tochi/
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Cuntface: 2:48pm On May 06, 2023
Pierohandsome:

As if they don't get a tip for those errands? 20k is just the fixed salary, they get more than that before month end sef
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by Ilekokonit: 11:37pm On May 06, 2023
Pierohandsome:

Yet, those guards live in a small cubicle by the gate and will be first in the line of danger if armed robbers decide to visit the compound and these maiguards are so loyal to their duty that at the slightest sound of commotion after midnight, they will go round the compound to investigate the matter.

I salute the courage of Nigerian night security guards.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 6:33pm On May 07, 2023
timidapsin:
Still turn you to madam servicing tool

That one better name at least you go dey shine madam Congo
You fit even release ur hot akamu inside her no shaking
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by waolatz12(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2023
The country is savaged with unselfishness and corruption breeds in almost 60% of us. Before you judge the government for being unrighteous and utterly corrupt come with a clean hand, please.
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2023
SavageResponse:

He got it made cos you're paying him a miserable 35K a month?

Go to the UK or any sane country and pay your gatemen 35K and see if you will not be arrested and charged to court by the government for using slave labour! angry

How much will you pay your Gateman, Your Chef, Your Gardner and your Cloth Washer per month?
Based on your current income
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2023
Oritna94:
Here in KSA, a domestic worker is paid about 1000sars which is about 200k in naira..
so how much is your income, if you are paying such an Amount Monthly?
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:39pm On May 11, 2023
TUTU147:
That is why you see many of the domestic staff doing evil to their oga.That is the reason many young guys go into crime in other to survive. We don't love ourselves in this country,how can you pay someone 20k in nigeria and expect that person to be motivated.The man have family to take good care.Money that cannot sub for your tv monthly is what you are paying a family man or woman and still maltreat that person as if the salary maltreatment no do.

see it is very Easy to say the payment is Small....
Until you need to employ someone yourself....Then You will Braze with Reality that it is not easy to pay Salary.

Just think about it for a Minute....Based on your Income How Much can You pay a Gate Man?

You will realize that Sometimes, to pay salary give high blood Pressure to Employer grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:42pm On May 11, 2023
jojothaiv:
Funny enough, the 'naturally wicked' Nigerians will still comment on this thread.

Most are on this high horse
But then, Ain't most self righteous..

If you were to Employ a Gate Man today, How much will you pay Him?
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:47pm On May 11, 2023
danzaki63:
Upon all that, no annual Leave, no Medicals, no bonus. It is purely enslavement.

It is easy to Say....Can you provide all the Above when you Employ one?
How much will You pay Him?
Can you Pay Him 100k monthly? Be sincere
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2023
SavageResponse:

Is 35K salary a living wage?

In actual fact anyone who cannot afford to pay his gateman at least 80K has no business employing a gateman but most Nigerians like to show-off that they have domestic staff who depend on them for sustenance angry

it is Based of Demand and Supply.
if the Job pay is not ok...Then you Quit... or Manage till you can get better one

this is the case in every Transaction in Life
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 2:52pm On May 11, 2023
detectivejones:
Some employ you as admin turn you to markter, accountant, human resource officer and messenger ontop of that salary is not even sure month end. Nigerians are really wicked.

What i have observed is that:
We Humans Only Complain when we are at the RECEIVING END (like employees)
IF the Table was Turned Around, You will Offer the same Deal to the employee....
i lie?
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by jojothaiv(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2023
OvertheTop:

If you were to Employ a Gate Man today, How much will you pay Him?
'Probably' the same thing as the minimum wage.

But I doubt if I will be needing the services of one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by OvertheTop(m): 9:40am On May 12, 2023
jojothaiv:

'Probably' the same thing as the minimum wage.

But I doubt if I will be needing the services of one.

But you paying the Minimum wage ... is considered Inhuman , Devilish and called 'naturally wicked' Nigerians by Most of the Comments here...
including your comment too shocked

a Guy said 35k and they Still called him 'Wicked Nigerian Employer'
Re: Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 by jojothaiv(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2023
OvertheTop:

But you paying the Minimum wage ... is considered Inhuman , Devilish and called 'naturally wicked' Nigerians by Most of the Comments here...
including your comment too shocked

a Guy said 35k and they Still called him 'Wicked Nigerian Employer'
I get your point, man.

I guess you saw the part where I said I don't think I will be needing the services of one too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-power: You Scored 50% But Not Shortlisted? Please Read This / N-power Redeployment Issue Settled / Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.