Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? (7978 Views)

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Prenatal Diagnosis Of Sickle Cell Disorder: Good Or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by milayo(f): 6:57am On Sep 25, 2011
Doctors in d house, I would really what to know if a baby's genotype can be detected in Nigeria and how reliable?
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 8:02am On Sep 25, 2011
Dr Oloyede of High Rocks Foetal Medicine and Diagnostic Centre, Oshodi Lagos.

Foetal medicine has made it possible to diagnose a foetus with the SS genotype as early as eleven weeks of the pregnancy.
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by milayo(f): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2011
Thanx! Appreciate your response will have to consult dr oloyede then. But I will also like to know if its an expensive procedure?
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by milayo(f): 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2011
Would also like to know if it doesn't have any side effect
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by daslick: 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
yes it can be done. check with pathcare. they are in vi and luth. google them as well.
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by BIL2010: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
@Milayo or anyone who has done prenatal testing to check for the genotype of a foetus. Do kindly share your general experience ? Was it CVS or Amniocentesis ? Which of the clinics did you do it with and how was it in general ? Any miscarriage risk ?

Thank you very much!!!!!
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by sunshine1974(m): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
How much does dis procedure cost?
Re: Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? by med123(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
Run your CVS/ Prenantal Fetal Genotype at Greene Diagnostics, 16c Uwasota Rd, Benin city. Call 08025200314

(1) (Reply)

How To Cure Severe Enzema / I Need A Very Good Dermatologist / Tips For Better Digestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.