Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic (1273 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Working With Criminals To Extort Money From My Company / Man Who Dressed Like A Lady To Extort Money From Guys, Caught & Stripped(Photos) / Policemen Arrested At A Bank While Waiting To Extort Men Of N1 Million. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by laptopsforsale: 8:40pm On May 05, 2023
Last month, i was driving through Ikorodu Road and there was the usual slow-moving traffic after Maryland. Just on the bridge between Maryland and Ojota (where the BRT monitoring team are stationed), i noticed a young boy in between the traffic lanes holding a plastic basin (usually used in hawking satchet water) that was broken, with several satchet water spilled on the ground. He looked like he was crying, and at first glance, it appeared a vehicle ran over his bucket, broke it and bursted the satchet water that he was selling.

I was moved to give him some cash, but i didnt have any on me and the traffic eased, so i had to let it go and keep moving. I passed there 1 week later, and i saw the same boy wearing the same shirt, holding the same bucket and in the same place. I immediately knew it was a new technique to dishonestly appeal to people's sense of pity and get them to give him alms.

Yesterday, i was on my way to the office from Magboro. Just after New Garage bustop and before Berger bustop, i saw another boy using the same format to collect money from people. I was irritated. I brought out my phone to take pics and videos of the boy, but he saw me and covered his face, then he moved towards my side because he wanted to stay close to the area the satchet water was spilled (na him office be that...lol). I made the below video still. Notice that in the 55th second of the video, somebody shouted "pure water", and he moved towards the person and collected money.

I am not against people being helped, but it is wrong to dishonestly solicit for assistance. It is also terrible that Nigerians are becoming more and more negatively ingenious. Only God knows what will happen by the time these boys come of age and these kind of techniques dont work for them anymore. They will definitely take to crime

Mods (Mynd44, OAM4J), please help move this topic to front page so that people will be aware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXgZylWTd8
Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:34pm On May 05, 2023
laptopsforsale:
Last month, i was driving through Ikorodu Road and there was the usual slow-moving traffic after Maryland. Just on the bridge between Maryland and Ojota (where the BRT monitoring team are stationed), i noticed a young boy in between the traffic lanes holding a plastic basin (usually used in hawking satchet water) that was broken, with several satchet water spilled on the ground. He looked like he was crying, and at first glance, it appeared a vehicle ran over his bucket, broke it and bursted the satchet water that he was selling.

I was moved to give him some cash, but i didnt have any on me and the traffic eased, so i had to let it go and keep moving. I passed there 1 week later, and i saw the same boy wearing the same shirt, holding the same bucket and in the same place. I immediately knew it was a new technique to dishonestly appeal to people's sense of pity and get them to give him alms.

Yesterday, i was on my way to the office from Magboro. Just after New Garage bustop and before Berger bustop, i saw another boy using the same format to collect money from people. I was irritated. I brought out my phone to take pics and videos of the boy, but he saw me and covered his face, then he moved towards my side because he wanted to stay close to area he satchet water was spilled (na him office be that...lol). I made the below video still. Notice that in the 55th second of the video, somebody shouted "pure water", and he moved towards the person and collected money.

I am not against people being helped, but it is wrong to dishonestly solicit for assistance. It is also terrible that Nigerians are becoming more and more negatively ingenious. Only God knows what will happen by the time these boys come of age and these kind of techniques dont work for them anymore. They will definitely take to crime

Mods (Mynd44, OAM4J), please help move this topic to front page so that people will be aware

Yes there are so many unscrupulous young and old folks out there...

Simply help if u want to...

Ignore if you wish not to..

Life goes on......
Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by Nobody: 7:46am On May 06, 2023
Jeffyblaq:

Life goes on......

I beg to differ Sir.

Your type is the reason why evil abound in our society.
In order to build a sane & righteous society, everybody has a role to play.

The person who sees injustice & doesnt make a case out of it, is not different from the person who committed same.

Let's collectively join hands in building a sane, civil & righteous society. Kind regards.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by PlayerMeji: 8:50am On May 06, 2023
Just wait and see...someone is coming along to justify the kid's action

laptopsforsale:

Yesterday, i was on my way to the office from Magboro. Just after New Garage bustop and before Berger bustop, i saw another boy using the same format to collect money from people. I was irritated. I brought out my phone to take pics and videos of the boy, but he saw me and covered his face, then he moved towards my side because he wanted to stay close to area he satchet water was spilled (na him office be that...lol). I made the below video still. Notice that in the 55th second of the video, somebody shouted "pure water", and he moved towards the person and collected money.

Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by laptopsforsale: 12:45pm On May 06, 2023
PlayerMeji:

SOmeone already did up there. This is why evil and injustice continue to prevail. People see evil and injustice, and intentionally turn a blind eye. It is terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:25pm On May 06, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

I beg to differ Sir.

Your type is the reason why evil abound in our society.
In order to build a sane & righteous society, everybody has a role to play.

The person who sees injustice & doesnt make a case out of it, is not different from the person who committed same.

Let's collectively join hands in building a sane, civil & righteous society. Kind regards.

Itz fine with yuh assertion..

Perhaps you got me absolutely wrong cos you barely know a thing bout me..

Cheers
Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by dayleke: 6:21pm On May 06, 2023
PlayerMeji:

You spoke too soon.
They already did o.

Check na...😷

1 Like

Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by Foodqueen(f): 6:37pm On May 06, 2023
When I saw the topic, I know say ikorodu road no go carry last.

And truly, it didn't.
Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by SAMBARRY: 7:43pm On May 06, 2023
Now little boys or girls in genuine need of help Will not get the required help.this goes to show Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.we always think criminality is being sharp or wise

Anyway I no Kuku dey help those street kids because we no know the difference between genuine ones and criminals again
Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by SAMBARRY: 7:48pm On May 06, 2023
Jeffyblaq:

Life goes on......
Na them

Family member of criminals.e no dey hard to see them
Re: See The New Method Young Boys Use To Extort Money From People In Traffic by Karemarealty288(m): 12:54pm On May 07, 2023
I discovered this since last year on lekki express along Jakunde, same format, the boy made money that day. The next day I saw same boy along Maruwa bus stop doing same. Its terrible.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: A Young Corps Member Killed / Tenant Killed By Holy Ghost Fire Argument / Most Of This Data A.d Are Fraud....nairaland Save Your Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.