Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. (6401 Views)

PO &LP Final Address Forces Tinubu's Counsel To Reply That Abj 25% Is Compulsory / Another Perspective On Whether 25% Is Mandatory In The Fct Or Not / Previous FCT Election Results And Why 25% Is A Must . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 5:01pm On May 06, 2023
Spy360:

Your problem is that you try to use your emotions and logic to interpret the law which shouldn't be. The law is stated in simple English and a literal interpretation is first required before you begin to consider other points.

You didn't write the law so stop telling us what you think. It's not about what you or I think, it's what the law says that matters.

Personally I would not want FCT to be mandatory. But my personal opinion does not count in the interpretation of law.

I dont write based on emotions thats why I am the best analyst here.the judiciary interpret the laws and in their interpretation apply commonsensical and they do what we call judicial lawmaking by rewriting it through interpretation.the supreme court has stated that once theres ambiguity in the constitution, they choose the one that makes more sense for the framers and lawmakers do not intend to create absurdity or confusion..

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 5:02pm On May 06, 2023
SpatialKing:

AND FCT is clearly written

The apex court I know will trash it.do you realize that in a rerun, a simple majority is required and no more spread even if you scored zero?

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SpatialKing(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

The apex court I know will trash it.do you realize that in a rerun, a simple majority is required and no more spread even if you scored zero?

Heaven won't fall or Nigeria won't burn if they disqualify Tinubu..

Same if they fail to...

All we want is a prosperous Nigeria were everyone no matter the tribe or religion feels inclusive
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SpatialKing(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2023
pquaver:

Are you saying Buhari is not the president of southeast? cos last time i checked he didnt score 25% in southeast states

The constitution didn't say AND South East
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by pquaver(m): 5:55pm On May 06, 2023
SpatialKing:

The constitution didn't say AND South East
But it say fct should be treated like southeast, like southwest, like northeast, like northcentral, like northwrst and southsouth.. So why do u want to treat it differently n separately from the rest?

Name Nigerian states and capital please.. Let start with your nursery school education to know if i would go further....

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SpatialKing(m): 5:59pm On May 06, 2023
pquaver:

But it say fct should be treated like southeast, like southwest, like northeast, like northcentral, like northwrst and southsouth.. So why do u want to treat it differently n separately from the rest?

I didn't write the constitution...

Is clearly stated in the constitution AND FCT

Please deal with that or allow the judges to decide I'm not sure you are one of the judges neither am I..

Moreover, Nigeria won't burn if Tinubu is disqualified neither would heaven fall if they fail to disqualify him.
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SenatePresdo(m): 6:36pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

Not true.section 299 is all encompassing.all other matters taken to court concerning fct,the supreme court has upheld section 299

Your answer is right on your hand when you decide to look at it outside the scope of sentiments.
If section 299 is all encompassing, why then is it that FCT doesn't have a Governor and state Assembly since it's ought to be treated as a state according to section 299?

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SOSinNigeria: 7:03pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,nass members sit in abuja and make laws for all Nigerians.they represent all Nigerians and since they rep abuja,they do must get votes from abuja.govs sit in state capitals and also must get 25% there going by your mundane analogy

You don't even understand how politics or democracy work in Nigeria. Every constituency in Nigeria has a representative. The duty of that representative is to ensure that any challenges or issues happening in their domain is brought to the attention of the central government. They also make laws for the country.

In the case of governors, they're not mandated to win 25% in state capitals since state capitals also have local government chairmen just like all other local governments in the state. Unlike the FCT that has no governor while the other 36 states have governors.

If the FCT should have a governor, it won't be necessary for the president to get a minimum of 25% there. However, since it has no governor, and the president acts as its defacto governor, even appoints a minister for them, then it becomes logical that such president should have a minimal acceptance among the people of FCT.

I have explained this in very clear terms but I know agbado will not allow you to reason objectively.
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 7:05pm On May 06, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Your answer is right on your hand when you decide to look at it outside the scope of sentiments.
If section 299 is all encompassing, why then is it that FCT doesn't have a Governor and state Assembly since it's ought to be treated as a state according to section 299?

That is how the military created it.ibb who did the final creation never wanted it to be a state nor have an assembly.the abdulsalam regime prevented any changes on fct when the 1999 constitution was written.
Outside the law,the fct is inferior to a state,it is like a quasi state that can easily be ignored and neglected that is why the constitution said it should be seen as a state in all matters even though it is below a state.what is below a state cannot now have more weight than a state

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 7:06pm On May 06, 2023
SpatialKing:

Heaven won't fall or Nigeria won't burn if they disqualify Tinubu..

Same if they fail to...

All we want is a prosperous Nigeria were everyone no matter the tribe or religion feels inclusive

It is better the status is maintained rather than speculate

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SpatialKing(m): 7:13pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

It is better the status is maintained rather than speculate

You are the one speculating out of fear and emotions...
You want to change and manipulate what is already written to favour your narrative...
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 7:15pm On May 06, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

You don't even understand how politics or democracy work in Nigeria. Every constituency in Nigeria has a representative. The duty of that representative is to ensure that any challenges or issues happening in their domain is brought to the attention of the central government. They also make laws for the country.

In the case of governors, they're not mandated to win 25% in state capitals since state capitals also have local government chairmen just like all other local governments in the state. Unlike the FCT that has no governor while the other 36 states have governors.

If the FCT should have a governor, it won't be necessary for the president to get a minimum of 25% there. However, since it has no governor, and the president acts as its defacto governor, even appoints a minister for them, then it becomes logical that such president should have a minimal acceptance among the people of FCT.

I have explained this in very clear terms but I know agbado will not allow you to reason objectively.

It is a useless and illegal explanation.the president represents the country as his constituency not abuja.if he is to govern abuja,he needs to win not get 25%.you can't govern where you didnt win.even a kid knows this.ask yourself if 25% is needed,why is it no longer needed during the rerun proper? The constitution states that in a rerun,the highest two will contest and who gets a simple majority wins.25% is no longer needed even if you have zero in abuja that you are governing pandora

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SOSinNigeria: 7:23pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

It is a useless and illegal explanation.the president represents the country as his constituency not abuja.if he is to govern abuja,he needs to win not get 25%.you can't govern where you didnt win.even a kid knows this.ask yourself if 25% is needed,why is it no longer needed during the rerun proper? The constitution states that in a rerun,the highest two will contest and who gets a simple majority wins.25% is no longer needed even if you have zero in abuja that you are governing pandora

You're just arguing blindly. So, why is getting 25% in 24 states no longer necessary in a rerun? What invalidates it during rerun is what also invalidates getting 25% in Abuja.

As for the first ballot, winning 25% in Abuja remains mandatory!

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by pquaver(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2023
SpatialKing:

I didn't write the constitution...

Is clearly stated in the constitution AND FCT

Please deal with that or allow the judges to decide I'm not sure you are one of the judges neither am I..

Moreover, Nigeria won't burn if Tinubu is disqualified neither would heaven fall if they fail to disqualify him.

Same constitution say treat FCT as a statw.. Or i am the one who wrote the constitution?

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 7:26pm On May 06, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

You're just arguing blindly. So, why is getting 25% in 24 states no longer necessary in a rerun? What invalidates it during rerun is what also invalidates getting 25% in Abuja.

As for the first ballot, winning 25% in Abuja remains mandatory!

It is not sir.the supreme court will soon clear your doubts

1 Like

Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by SpatialKing(m): 7:34pm On May 06, 2023
pquaver:

Same constitution say treat FCT as a statw.. Or i am the one who wrote the constitution?

Same constitution that says AND 25% in FCT
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:02pm On May 06, 2023
Kentursky:
This is trash for the bin.
I have a question for you to answer.

Question 1;
You need credits in 4 subjects and English language.
What does it mean?

Question 2;
There are 36 mangoes and 1 Apple in a bowl, I told you to give me 24 Mangoes and 1 Apple from the same bowl.
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2023
Draslo:
So by your logic, getting 100% of votes in FCT guarantees you a seat in Aso Rock? Lol. As far as elections are concerned FCT will be deemed a state and will be treated as onw

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
There are 36 mangoes and 1 Apple in a bowl, I told you to give me 24 Mangoes and 1 Apple from the same bowl.
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2023
Is04970:
Mumu post

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

Why didn't you quote where stated that 25% is mandatory in fct? Did you properly read what you posted?

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2023
AntiChristian:

They should continue till they lose as Buhari did then!
They are telling him to accept the result as they know northerners as well as south westerners never voted Obi!
And yeah, Datti was heating the polity!
Who told you Buhari was not warned/cautioned even more than this?

Very useless, senseless, obidenseidiotic Loser Party people!

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2023
AntiChristian:

These Obidients won't agree with you!
It's just like Datti on Channels TV saying the Supreme Court must agree with their own interpretation or else....

All votes are equal in Nigeria!
Nigeria is composed of 36 States and the FCT.
FCT is a component of Nigeria like other states. It does not have superior electoral advantage.

Is FCT treated like a state in Nigeria according to Section 299 of the constitution?

CHAT GPT
Yes, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) is treated like a state in Nigeria according to Section 299 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

Section 299 of the constitution provides that "References in this Constitution to the Federation or Nigeria shall be construed as including references to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja". This means that any reference to Nigeria or the Federation in the constitution also includes the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Furthermore, Section 299(2) of the constitution provides that "The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation". This means that the constitution treats the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were a state, and the provisions of the constitution, including those relating to the rights and obligations of citizens, the conduct of government business, and the allocation of revenue, apply to the FCT as they do to the states of the federation.

In summary, the constitution treats the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, like a state in Nigeria, and it is subject to the same laws and regulations as the other states of the federation.

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2023
ItooWorWor:

The op don scam ur brain grin

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2023
Benwallt:
But assuming 25% in FCT is compulsory, will that make cancerous Pandora president? Eboes are too gullible

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 10:11pm On May 06, 2023
Omowale2023:

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?

Are you aware that during the rerun,25% in fct is no more required
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by pquaver(m): 10:15pm On May 06, 2023
SpatialKing:

Same constitution that says AND 25% in FCT

Same constitution says fct should be treated as a state..
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

Are you aware that during the rerun,25% in fct is no more required
Bros...just answer the question
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by yaki84: 10:39pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

And 25% in all the 36 states is also mandatory.it is also mandatory for state capitals
Bro the constitution said u must have 25% in 2/3rd of the 36states and the Fct.
Dont add or subtracts anything from the constitution.
Having 25% in two-third of the 36states and fct is diff from having 25% in 36states n fct.
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by yaki84: 10:41pm On May 06, 2023
Penguin2:

Are you sure?

I dont think you read through this. Because if you did, you would know that your agbado is in trouble.

The mandate will be returned

Nothing like mandate will be returned...
They will be a rerun.
Between tinubu and atiku who came 2nd.

If una like tht day go vote LP again wey no go dey ballot thinking it willbring back ur mandate
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 11:12pm On May 06, 2023
yaki84:

Bro the constitution said u must have 25% in 2/3rd of the 36states and the Fct.
Dont add or subtracts anything from the constitution.
Having 25% in two-third of the 36states and fct is diff from having 25% in 36states n fct.

That is where the apex court will soon clear up
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by garfield1: 11:13pm On May 06, 2023
Omowale2023:

Bros...just answer the question

I have answered it.even the judges have also indirectly answered
Re: Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. by Omowale2023(m): 11:43pm On May 06, 2023
garfield1:

I have answered it.even the judges have also indirectly answered
Show me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Non-State Actors Killed 1,228 People, Kidnapped 844 Within Jan-April 2023 / Anambra State Turning Into One City State(photos) / Father And Son Appointed As Chairman And Managing Director Of Fed. Govt. Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.