Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. (1600 Views)

No Jobs In Government Anymore, Buhari Tells Youths / No Jobs, Or Most Are Unemployable? See This Job / Are There No Jobs In Nigeria For ND Holders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by oneolajire(m): 6:03pm On May 06, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 6:18pm On May 06, 2023
oneolajire:
Rubbish

Interesting!! Are you thinking the post is rubbish?if so, why do you think it is?

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rubyjade: 6:33pm On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

Lagos,Nigeria for now!
Where in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by tosbobby(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2023
Even Dangote is not clean.

Politically smuggled funds are embedded in his running capital.

This is part of the causes of underemployment, employee maltreatment, disgraceful salaries, uneven distribution of income and wealth.

Theft is a universal phenomenon, therefore, it is not peculiar to Nigerians alone; your article is bias.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by oneolajire(m): 7:47pm On May 06, 2023
KingofHearts:

Interesting!! Are you thinking the post is rubbish?if so, why do you think it is?

I saw nothing like holding present and previous leaders for failure to industrialize the country. Those leaders prevented everything from working except the telecom sector.

Blaming followers for lack of integrity is still rubbish. Do you know the number of whistle blowers that have been sacked, that are in jail for exposing rot in the system?

No matter how healthy the body is if the head is sick, the whole body is sick, a mad man is a testimony.

India with little crude oil has more than 30 petroleum refineries but Nig with abundant crude oil has no refinery. Do you know the number of jobs created in building a refinery? Imagine if an oil producing state has 5 each? All boils down to government's policy.

Ad it is in petroleum sector, so it is in agriculture, railway, power, etc.

Check my threads for various write ups on issues like this.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by ChikezieU(m): 12:35am On May 07, 2023
Start from the grassroots and ask yourselves how you have rewarded honesty. People see honest people as a cheap material to exploit and trash.

People who are honest are considered to be ignorant or fools rather.

In Nigeria here, given our current societally values and Economy, its a question of how long will you stand being honest while hunger is ravaging you and your family, while your kids can't attain good schools, or pay for your studies.

People who work with honest employers are honest or at least follow in there foots step.

If you see an honest/innocent man being persecuted would you boldly delve in knowing it would cost you your life?.

If you want to attract honesty, be honest.

KingofHearts:
Copied

*Document written by a former CEO*.

I used to criticize owners of private companies like Dangote Group *who hire so many Indians while there are many unemployed Nigerians*, but now I understand their painful decision.

The biggest challenge in our manufacturing businesses is not power or infrastructure, *the biggest challenge is getting an honest workforce*.

Everyone we hire *seems to be on a mission to steal as much as possible* from inflated invoices, recording less than the actual number of units produced.

*The worst part of this is that all of the fraud we've uncovered is not committed by one person, it's usually multiple staff members colluding with each other*, from production to sales to finance, even management.

I reviewed management 3 times in one year.

It got so bad at one point that *my main criteria for hiring staff was no longer competence or certificates, but honesty.*

At least *skills and abilities can be acquired, but once you're dishonest, you're beyond repair.*

We always complain about the economy and the fact that there are no jobs. I know people abroad who would love to start job-creating businesses in Nigeria and Africa, but they can't because they can't get someone they trust to run it.

I know people in Nigeria with so much money, they want to start factories and other job-creating businesses, but they can't because they are busy elsewhere and can't get someone they trust to run the business. So instead of investing in the real sector and creating jobs, they will just buy treasury bills, while the thieves scream no jobs and no food.

I bet big Nigerian organizations like Dangote can set up shop in any African country and create millions of jobs, but I bet corruption and dishonesty at the top of government is what keeps them from helping Nigeria and Africa.

Many great companies, would be born in Nigeria *if we could engage in partnerships*but we can't* because you can't trust anyone.

This is an advantage that the Indians and Lebanese have over us in Nigeria and Africa. They can pool resources and do mega-businesses, unlike the Nigerians. One person has to do everything because we can't partner, so we end up with small and very small businesses.

Even siblings CANNOT run a business together. The dying or dead super stores in Nigeria that would have become the Walmarts...are a great example.

Start a poultry farm and they will steal your eggs. Some will even go ahead and kill the chickens so that they are allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/gaming center and they will pocket your money. On the days you are in the business, the money made will be 10 times more than when you are not there. Because they are eating your money and eating their future.

Buy and lease a vehicle to a driver to use and watch as they finish you off.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

Even the regular grocery store or kiosk attendants will find a way to steal from the small investors.

You will see them *quoting their perversity by saying, "The goat grazes where it is tied, "* Hmmmm" or “Na where man they work, na there man they chop” (Workshop)

Imagine people justifying theft at work, killing their own jobs and the development of Nigeria.

You will see these people poking their twisted fingers at politicians when they are no different.

I usually say that the reason most Nigerians haven't stolen billions of government money is simply lack of opportunity.

The few honest Nigerians, both in government and in the private sector, are *considered stupid.*

You are not stupid. You are what Nigeria desperately and painfully needs.

How are we going to evolve when those who are supposed to oversee and manage stores, kiosks, supermarkets, factories, schools, hospitals, water works, road construction, street cleaning, power plants, bus fleets, parking collections, building construction, etc., are the ones who conspire to steal from small local investors, large local investors, governments and foreign investors?

How will we evolve when our school principals are the ones plotting to steal school supplies, school fees and school food, etc.?

How will we evolve when our hospital officials are the ones who plot to steal medicine, beds, sheets, blankets, food, consultation fees, etc.?

How? How? Cry our beloved country.

How will we evolve when the officials responsible for ensuring and enforcing standards and reducing cost estimates are those who conspire with local and foreign contractors to inflate costs and reduce work standards to steal public money for personal gain.

At all levels, "Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

In my opinion, the simple reason, which can be replicated across the country, why Rwanda is a rising star in Africa is that Rwandans and foreign development partners and investors know that the country's top leadership cannot accept dishonesty in both public and private service.

Imagine 36 states plus Abuja will have a person like Paul Kagame at the head!!!

Even the so called western world and eastern world would not want that because Nigeria would be FIRST in 10 years.

We Nigerians need to wake up and rethink Nigeria.

Nigerians at all jobs from the sweeper to the craftsman, the salesman, the storekeeper, the driver, the tea/coffee maker, the purchasing manager, the governor, the minister, the commissioner, the accountant, the nurse, the doctor, the cook, the painter, the builder, the legislator, the minister must be honest for the sake of Nigeria.

By being dishonest, we violate Nigeria. Foreign elements know our dishonesty and so they come to Nigeria to steal our vast natural resources and give a few crumbs of bread to those Nigerians in charge of running our countries at the expense of our development and self-sufficiency.

Who will save us from ourselves?

Nigeria can rise again.Let Nigeria rise.Stand up and be counted as a people.

It is time to CHANGE...
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2023
oneolajire:

I saw nothing like holding present and previous leaders for failure to industrialize the country. Those leaders prevented everything from working except the telecom sector.

Blaming followers for lack of integrity is still rubbish. Do you know the number of whistle blowers that have been sacked, that are in jail for exposing rot in the system?

No matter how healthy the body is if the head is sick, the whole body is sick, a mad man is a testimony.

India with little crude oil has more than 30 petroleum refineries but Nig with abundant crude oil has no refinery. Do you know the number of jobs created in building a refinery? Imagine if an oil producing state has 5 each? All boils down to government's policy.

Ad it is in petroleum sector, so it is in agriculture, railway, power, etc.

Check my threads for various write ups on issues like this.

Interesting!!! I understand, both leaders and followers are undermining themselves! I will look at those articles and feed you back.
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 10:10am On May 07, 2023
tosbobby:
Even Dangote is not clean.

Politically smuggled funds are embedded in his running capital.

This is part of the causes of underemployment, employee maltreatment, disgraceful salaries, uneven distribution of income and wealth.

Theft is a universal phenomenon, therefore, it is not peculiar to Nigerians alone; your article is bias.

Firstly the article is copied! Secondly,Biased? May be! Maybe it tends towards the followers more than the leaders.I think so!

Should we not have a round table discussions about these:underemployment, employee maltreatment, disgraceful salaries, uneven distribution of income and wealth.[b][/b]
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2023
ChikezieU:
Start from the grassroots and ask yourselves how you have rewarded honesty. People see honest people as a cheap material to exploit and trash.

People who are honest are considered to be ignorant or fools rather.[color=#000099]

In Nigeria here, given our current societally values and Economy, its a question of how long will you stand being honest while hunger is ravaging you and your family, while your kids can't attain good schools, or pay for your studies.

People who work with honest employers are honest or at least follow in there foots step.

If you see an honest/innocent man being persecuted would you boldly delve in knowing it would cost you your life?.

If you want to attract honesty, be honest[/color].

Thank you and all who have taken time out to make intelligent contributions to the article.

I understand your points.Sadly, I share your points above. If we are to consider your last statement “If you want to attract honesty, be honest.”

The question then is: Who should be honest first, the leaders or the followers

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rushna27(f): 10:24pm On May 09, 2023
KingofHearts:

True!! The problem is when the sample size is becoming humongous and appears it’s drowning the exceptions! We need to do better honestly. I can attest to the fact from first hand knowledge that there are fundings available and waiting for the Nigerian space to milk but the barriers of trust won’t allow.

What dishonesty and Yahoo is causing is yet to fully manifest and the innocent will suffer it too!
You might be right but we still have some honest ones.......don't let d innocent suffer for nothing,....

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rushna27(f): 10:26pm On May 09, 2023
coputa:
Majority of Nigerians are crooks, they are only good when they've not gotten the opportunity.
You are right but not all...maybe u haven't meet with the right person.......try out others with maybe 5% of the opportunity to see if they worth the remaining 95%........thanks

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 8:42am On May 26, 2023
[b][/b]I have met white guys who have told me that they are tired of trying to find out good Nigerians. Same applies to Nigerian to Nigerian relationship,sometimes you just get tired of testing the ground after too many direct & indirect experiences.

Rushna27:

You are right but not all...maybe u haven't meet with the right person.......try out others with maybe 5% of the opportunity to see if they worth the remaining 95%........thanks
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rushna27(f): 10:17am On May 26, 2023
KingofHearts:
[b][/b]I have met white guys who have told me that they are tired of trying to find out good Nigerians. Same applies to Nigerian to Nigerian relationship,sometimes you just get tired of testing the ground after too many direct & indirect experiences.
I pray you get to meet a good one

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Rushna27(f): 10:18am On May 26, 2023
KingofHearts:
I pray you get to meet a good one

I pray you meet a good one soon

1 Like

Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by KingofHearts(m): 2:56pm On Apr 09
Rushna27:

I pray you meet a good one soon
Yup!
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Oyindamolah: 4:35pm On Apr 09
Nigerian are the problems of Nigeria
Re: Why There Are No Jobs In Nigeria. by Riyike95: 12:36pm On Apr 10

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's No.1 Modelling Site / Accenture Test Format / Vacancies (Urgent) For Civil Engineers And Land Surveyor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.