Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio (16324 Views)

69 Senators Have Signed On For Akpabio And Barau Senate Presidency - Ndume / Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race / 2023 Presidency: Umahi’s Campaign Posters Flood Kaduna, Borno, Gombe (Video Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by fasterwell(m): 2:09pm On May 06, 2023
Nigeria is not ready for in south-east senate presidency after what the former senate president from the region senator adolphus nwagbara did when he was the Senate president.

OUK how market? 😁

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Alphanancy: 2:12pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
There's absolutely no excuse why the South East shouldn't get the senate presidency, unless Orji Kalu is not in good relationship with Tinubu, which I suspect. If Orji hadn't won his election, we would have been hearing how Igbos sabotaged themselves and have deprived themselves of the opportunity for SP, so what's the excuse this time around??
Who senate President help? Except the rogue politicians. Their constituents will still be impoverished.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by saysugar(m): 2:13pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
There's absolutely no excuse why the South East shouldn't get the senate presidency, unless Orji Kalu is not in good relationship with Tinubu, which I suspect. If Orji hadn't won his election, we would have been hearing how Igbos sabotaged themselves and have deprived themselves of the opportunity for SP, so what's the excuse this time around??
kalu mind is not trusted jare

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Alphanancy: 2:16pm On May 06, 2023
Akungitit:
Can you tell us the contribution of Kalu or the South East in general to Tinubu's Victory?
It's time to let the SE know that they can't abuse and insult everyone and expect to reap where they did not sow.
The SE only deserves minister of state in this administration.
What are you reaping? What did Buhari supporters reap other than sorrows, tears and blood. Better go and double your personal hustle if you want a good life

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by saysugar(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2023
NOC1:
I know it is Akpabio, he really worked hard for Tinubu in Akwaibom, APC came second with good number of votes especially in his Ikot Ekpene Senatorial zone.

OUK intentionally voided his vote to BAT and posted it to mock him, his switch to Lawan was so embarrassing.
excertly grin and he is now crying for senate president,plenty of those Igbo's politician secretly work for obi ,sitting on fence

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 06, 2023
I'm waiting for when Nigeria will get to the point of neutrality. A point when people will no longer idolise and worship these corrupt leaders.

Why are we always hailing politicians? Of what use are they to this country?

This same Akpabio has looted Niger Delta dried. He's a billionaire who's nothing to offer you and me.
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Raf4: 2:20pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:

The excuse is........we SE/SS

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Noviagro(m): 2:22pm On May 06, 2023
Effects of obedients
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:23pm On May 06, 2023
Exc2000:

Ibos have produced Ken Nnamani, Chuba Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim

Akwa ibom gave APC more vote than any South East State

It's just fair Akpabio becomes the Senate President
Louder. Ibos seriously do not need senate presidency. They should aim for President. With all senate presidents from East, it doesn't add up
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:24pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Ibos seriously do not need senate presidency. They should aim for President. With all past senate presidents from East, it doesn't add up. Don't be limiting the region
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by TruthsFM: 2:28pm On May 06, 2023
Akpabio that have series of corruption cases hanging on his neck. Fighting corruption in Nigeria my foot
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by casualobserver: 2:35pm On May 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Gbam!!!

God's will Akpabio is the next SP.

OUK might be the next senate leader.

Congratulations in advance to the uncommon personality in person of G.A

I doubt. Somebody that wasn’t present at presidential rallies, that did not deliver votes, that wasn’t present when everybody who is anybody was in Portharcourt.
The slot of Abia and the SE which Kalu would have taken has been given to Benjamin Kalu as deputy speaker. Benjamin Kalu is now more important than Uzor.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Menclothing: 2:37pm On May 06, 2023
Work hard
Be loyal
Don’t be abusive
Be calculative
Have projects that can defend you

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by loswhite(m): 2:42pm On May 06, 2023
Obinwenite:

How does Akpabio being Ssenate president help you or your immediate family or community or state?….you guys waste a lot of time supporting bad choices.

The same way una praise Lawan, his tenure is over with nothing to write home about but trillions of debt.
Now supporting the same Akpabio that just finished as a minister with nothing to show but sharing Ghana must go bag. He has a case with EFCC for embezzling billions of Naira.

What’s really wrong with una?.
They are bunch of idiots...He bought the senate presidency with funds meant for Niger Delta development

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Ahmed0336(m): 2:43pm On May 06, 2023
casualobserver:

I doubt. Somebody that wasn’t present at presidential rallies, that did not deliver votes, that wasn’t present when everybody who is anybody was in Portharcourt.
The slot of Abia and the SE which Kalu would have taken has been given to Benjamin Kalu as deputy speaker. Benjamin Kalu is now more important than Uzor.
I completely agree with this. What an insight..

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Daniego(m): 2:47pm On May 06, 2023
Obinwenite:

How does Akpabio being Ssenate president help you or your immediate family or community or state?….you guys waste a lot of time supporting bad choices.

The same way una praise Lawan, his tenure is over with nothing to write home about but trillions of debt.
Now supporting the same Akpabio that just finished as a minister with nothing to show but sharing Ghana must go bag. He has a case with EFCC for embezzling billions of Naira.

What’s really wrong with una?.

Don't mind them. They know that Akpabio has a rope tie around his neck. Onec he trys to stand up for the masses they will just touch the rope. That's why they consider him not for his state or zone
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:47pm On May 06, 2023
Newest generation is generation alpha those born beyond 2010 to 2025

They share some similarities with Gen Z and millennials, (there’s a reason they’ve been dubbed ‘mini-millennials).
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by BrotherFolake: 2:49pm On May 06, 2023
😎

As far as someone from the South is ruling Nigeria, we are happy with it. We don't want anyone from the North anymore.

Buhari should vacate office with immediate effect because his regime is over.

After Buhari leaves office, no one from the North will ever rule Nigeria again

The South has taken over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by casualobserver: 2:49pm On May 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:

I completely agree with this. What an insight..

Of all the positions, senate leader is probably the one where loyalty as a party man is most required. Whereas SP is leader of the whole house, senate leader is the leader of the Party caucus in the senate. It is not a position for someone whose loyalty and commitment to the party is shaky.

In fact I just read that he is suspended for anti-party activities and the suspension was ratified by SE chapter of APC yesterday .

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/apc-ratifies-suspension-of-ken-nnamani-orji-kalu-onyeama-others/

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Ohisge78: 2:56pm On May 06, 2023
see below

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by simplesearch: 2:57pm On May 06, 2023
But he wasn't legally nominated for the primary election, and yet the Supreme court validated such brazen illegality. What a country that makes a rule, then turn around and break it!
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by HardBishop: 2:58pm On May 06, 2023
Akungitit:
Can you tell us the contribution of Kalu or the South East in general to Tinubu's Victory?
It's time to let the SE know that they can't abuse and insult everyone and expect to reap where they did not sow.
The SE only deserves minister of state in this administration.
I need TINUBU to exempt Ibos from his ministerial cabinet. We igbos blows in proportion when we're pressed. We're not begging for that crumbs.
I want whatever projects that have been done in the southeast... Nobody should commission it. Let there be a standard railway guage line linking the whole 5 eastern states

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by Maski87: 2:59pm On May 06, 2023
These political positions does not help anybody,akpabio as senate president will not stop akwa ibom people from doing Boi Boi in aba.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by StJasper(m): 3:00pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:

Can you please tell the whole world why the southeast should be given the office of the Senate President?

Do you think good things are given to people on a platter of gold?

What did the southeast contribute to the success of the party in the just concluded election?

Nobody celebrates failure or betrayal.
Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by JaySmart4422: 3:02pm On May 06, 2023
Poor n hungry Nigerians congratulating recycled politicians
Who have ruled you and will continue to rule you , their children will come rule n oppress you while you still poor and struggling.

Slavery of tribe, religion and personal interest

What a shame

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by PassingShot(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
The excuse is that APC/BAT didn't get significant votes in the SE whereas senators from there won handsomely.

They can't reap where they did not sow or where they sowed selfishly.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by PassingShot(m): 3:05pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Is it from the voters who we're selecting an SP from? So why should the fact that APC had a low vote count from there prevent geopolitical balancing from being effected?
Giving it to SS is also geo-political balancing.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by theamazonguru(m): 3:07pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:

Have you forgotten how OUK worked for the emergence of Ahmed Lawan as the consensus candidate of the APC in the build up to the APC primary election, a move that later back fired.

Do you honestly expect Tinubu to endorse the same OUK who worked against him at that important point in time?

I personally wouldn't think or do so.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by iamdapsyj(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:

It's pretty simple...
Orji Kalu didn't work for BAT like many of the eastern APC members didn't and that is why they have been suspended by the party.

Orji Kalu even delivered an invalid vote for Tinubu on the election day and cleared his own constituency 😆🤣

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio by PainfulTruth: 3:22pm On May 06, 2023
On a stolen mandate grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku APC’s Greatest Nightmare For 2019 – FFK / Governor Ugwuanyi Takes Campaign Train To Markets And Streets Of Nsukka / Gbajabiamila: Tinubu Didn’t Send Me To Probe Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.