Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Questions Of The Day: Can One Be A Judge Without A Law Degree? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Questions Of The Day: Can One Be A Judge Without A Law Degree? (185 Views)

I Didn’t Ask My Parents For Money As A Law Student, By Femi Falana SAN / Can A Judge Be Sued ? / Start A Career In Arbitration Without A Law Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions Of The Day: Can One Be A Judge Without A Law Degree? by eddie7: 7:53am On May 06, 2023
Nasarawa State law makers adviced judges to obtain law degrees or lose their jobs. This got me thinking and wondering how they become judges in the first place, with WAEC and NECO?

Re: Questions Of The Day: Can One Be A Judge Without A Law Degree? by eddie7: 7:59am On May 06, 2023
Someone replied me on WhatsApp and this is his comment

You can all see the double standards in our adjudicatory system? At the end judges without law degrees preside over erudite and grounded law erudites? Quota system is killing this country? Our immediate past Chief Jude of the federation only has a degree in Islamic jurisprudence without knowing "JAK" about legal jurisprudence and the results are not far fetched... Meanwhile we have better and more qualified candidates but they get retired or schemed out without merit."the trees kept clapping while the forest depleted simply because the handle it the axe was made of wood hence the belief that the axe was one of them".Let's keep clapping for mediocrity while our nation degenerates simply because of tribal, sectional and political sentiments....like I always quote the great philosopher 'Alexander Pope' "let fools determine who their leaders will be".My two scents.
Re: Questions Of The Day: Can One Be A Judge Without A Law Degree? by jaeyking(m): 8:01am On May 06, 2023
I saw this news too
I don't really understand it

Get their degree like how
Re: Questions Of The Day: Can One Be A Judge Without A Law Degree? by illicit(m): 8:03am On May 06, 2023
Probably
Sharia court Alkalis

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lessons For Others Who Makes Public Nuisisance / Guys, You Need To Check Out This App. / Gymnastics Can Also Help Prevent Injuries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.