Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri (42121 Views)

Niger Delta University Graduating Student Signs On Colleague's Chest (Photo) / Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy / I Need Your Suggestion On What To Apply For This Year's JAMB Between These Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by mankan2k7(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2023
Reno always has opinion on any conversations. Such a jobless man.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:09pm On May 06, 2023
Reno don't understand that it is programmed
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by nedekid: 10:15pm On May 06, 2023
Mumu post.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2023
But truly, I live in North and I admire Hausa Muslims.
Christians in the south are confused, they are after Church Member and Offerings and walking naked
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Raph82(m): 10:19pm On May 06, 2023
D part wey make me laugh na d Dangote part. If Dangote wan boast truly, he go dey call himself the god of money. Down south, we like to dey boast truly. How much that blood-money man get that time wey he dey call himself king of money? Another reminder is the case of our brothers who claimed they are Lagos developers.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Ken4Christ: 10:23pm On May 06, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

What do you mean by disadvantaged? shocked angry
Please my friend use the appropriate adjective.

These guys just don't want to embrace western education. Next thing they will tell you is dogon turanci.

We are saying the same thing. The fact that their religion discourages them from taking western education makes them educationally disadvantage. And for the next 50 years, they can never bridge the gap between the north and south in education.

A few of them just go to school for political reasons.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by donbenie(m): 10:29pm On May 06, 2023
b3llo:
Northerners are humble in victory
Indeed..
Like the ones scoring 2 &3,to enter Unity Schools?
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Awoleesu(m): 10:31pm On May 06, 2023
alayandekolasam:
Believe me, Reno is 100% right here.
Modesty is the mother of all virtues

i don't agree with you at 100% sir!
Yes! Modesty in the literal sense is indeed a virtue... the "mother of it" like you have noted.

But whereas the conclusion drawn from Reno's post may have been just the crux of the matter; the analogy he tried to highlight in his preamble is not exactly correct.
If you ask me, I'll say Reno may have been caught in the web of 'stereotyping' or 'generalisation' which stems from poor-information or partial ignorance!

Those of us who are either Northerner by origin or nurture understand well that the "modesty" Reno is talking about is maybe an inadvertent faux pas on his part... for a counter-example to Reno's claims, we know that the Sani Abacha's children can be as loud and haughty as the ones Reno sought to take a snide at from what he tagged "elsewhere". We are also in the current know of one Yusuf who despite having not been known to be any gainfully employed (as in orthodox employment), yet has the opulence of the likes of Obi Cubana and is quite idiosyncratic about it! That was a guy who rode (and crashed) a power bike worth some tens of million of Naira, had a royal wedding that was the talk of the continent for as long as the media wanted it to remain on their space, and even got turbaned in his country home (a place he hardly visited, resided in or even has any meaningful investment in!) with a high-ranking title that was traditionally a preserve for those who have earned some kind of social merits to deserve such title! And oh! I forgot! He is the son (and the only one for that matter) of the President!

I could go on and on, but I think a better way Reno would have presented his remarks should have been to hint on individual differences with a dash of exceptional instances before hitting that uncharitable conclusion! Fact is, arrogance and insolence are individual traits that should not be generalized. There are many southerners who are fuccking rich, successful and aren't loud about it! The Old man who owns Elizade Motors is an example. Even from the SouthEast; anyone conversant with Nnewi and Onitsha will agree with me that's the epicentre of (Unnamed, un-renowned) Billionaires in Nigeria!

And who told Reno it took Forbes to showcase Dangote?! If my memory serves me right, Dangote himself went to the media to counter Forbes, when the latter sometimes in 2007, named ace American presenter and philanthropist, Oprah Winfrey as the richest Black person on earth. Aliko had come out to say he was "worth much more than Oprah"... He sold himself to the limelight! that, for me, defeats the sermon of 'modesty' that Reno wants us to believe!

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by harbarzzy(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2023
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by OChimex: 10:53pm On May 06, 2023
alayandekolasam:

Lol. You and Reno are ignorant. You need to see the Arewa youths showing off on social medias their lifestyles? Flying private jets, driving exotic cars, living in mansions, and wearing expensive jewelries.
You need to see the weddings of the Arewa rich folks. Over 200 private jets go land for the wedding.
Even the ones wey manage go Mecca, go dey brag announce to everyone say them don go Mecca.
Come on, don’t be as dumb as Reno.
The southerners have tons of billionaires who don’t even have social media, very low key, modest and humble too.
E get proud and noisy people both in northern and southern Nigeria wey dey like show off. In fact, it’s cause of too much poverty.
Come America come make noise make I see, everybody get that thing wey you get, even more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by TheOgaBoss: 11:04pm On May 06, 2023
Raph82:
D part wey make me laugh na d Dangote part. If Dangote wan boast truly, he go dey call himself the god of money. Down south, we like to dey boast truly. How much that blood-money man get that time wey he dey call himself king of money? Another reminder is the case of our brothers who claimed they are Lagos developers.
if dangotte calls himself the god of money what will people like Elon musk call thselves? dangotte that is not even in the top 100, he is 125 in the world.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Penisman: 11:13pm On May 06, 2023
zangaozanga:
is this man jobless, alway looking for trouble online

He is not jobless...

He is simply a stewpid man.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Enice(m): 11:17pm On May 06, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Lol. RINO the table shaker. The North no dey brag for real. Meanwhile, we know how e dey go for some regions tongue
The ones that scaled through the cheating scored the highest marks! Indeed! 10,000 caught in a single state
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Xkale1996(m): 11:23pm On May 06, 2023
alayandekolasam:
true talk
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Xkale1996(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2023
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:14am On May 07, 2023
alayandekolasam:

That is their lifestyle. The North both Muslims & Christians are very conservative. They are trained not to be loud.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by OdefaGirl(f): 12:15am On May 07, 2023
North where cut off mark na 30/40.... Down South.... 100+
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Becomrichn: 1:02am On May 07, 2023
lipsrsealed

Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Alonso91(m): 1:16am On May 07, 2023
Werey leleyi o

When has it become a bad thing to celebrate success?

Oloriburuku
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by sunnnnyuu(m): 1:44am On May 07, 2023
zangaozanga:
It seems like what he said is true and he is exposing you people but you can not tolerate it, so you are trying to tackle him, oyya ask him to keep quiet
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Arabaincubus: 2:24am On May 07, 2023
This is absolute balderdash. This Reno O'Mockery is always looking for traffic when his road is empty.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Raph82(m): 3:08am On May 07, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
if dangotte calls himself the god of money what will people like Elon musk call thselves? dangotte that is not even in the top 100, he is 125 in the world.
But remains the richest in the whole of Africa, and the richest black man as we speak, if I'm not mistaken. The comparison is limited to our territory Nigeria, the Elon musk of this world and his likes are in another planet of their own.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Shikena(m): 3:39am On May 07, 2023
Reno may be an irritant but he is often spot on.

Chest-beating is repulsive and it's like watching the sad display of a madman. To the madman, people are either admiring or envious of him.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Blitzking: 5:32am On May 07, 2023
EduTechTainMent:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1654746980906684416
If you like blast oo...no matter wetin u score dem go still dey determine who win election
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Babastrong(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2023
He hits the nail on the head over this one.
southerners too proud.
someone in south will have a bread and he/she will be jumping around as if he has a bakery.
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2023
abobote:
The only truth here is that northerners are humble and modest .
But on the result and wealth, that is one out of thousands.
cos de don't make noise... Some of u just assume poverty no de south
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:00am On May 07, 2023
oxygeng:
To be honest I think Reno has a point here. I do actually wonder how most times people from the south referred to North as been poor and hungry. Haven't spent lots of time in the North and also well familiar with the south (SS, SE AND SW). I can confidently tell you that the North are very far from those assertions. The Irony of it all is that the south hustle like elephants but feeds like ant whereas the reverse is the case with the North. Same goes with employment. Every single northern graduate through college of education is hurriedly fixed in the payroll whereas masters holder from the south keep roaming the streets endlessly in search of what to do.
but some people will still disagree... The North guys de help themselves... Push pple esp if they're bright... Down south reverse is the case
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by Squirrel1(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2023
Racoon:
It is a crime to celebrate success Reno Omokri? People who even when educated their region remains the most backward, archaic, plagues with the worst forms of humanitarian crisis, religious fanatism etc?
Bleep you bigoted basterd
Re: JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri by NairaMaster1(m): 7:30am On May 07, 2023
zangaozanga:

If he's not jobless he would have told us while the southern cut off point doubles that of the North.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria / A Hotel Or An Hotel, Which One Is Correct? / 22 Photos Proving How Strange The World Around Us Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.