Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? (3894 Views)

Why Shouldn't It Be Okay, That Some Women Don't Want Kids / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 5:30pm On May 06, 2023
If you're a young man who's getting married, your wife's age is linked to her ability to bear children. In today's growing fertility crisis, lots of young families are forced to undergo assisted fertility treatments to conceive. And the costs are expensive with unpredictable results.

For single ladies, it's important to prioritize getting married by 25 particularly if they want to have children.

In a podcast with a leading public health physician, he makes a compelling argument why young women across Africa who want to have a family, should prioritize getting married by the age of 25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a3jkN-6dOw

A study published by the University of Edinburgh in the UK reveals that 90% of a woman's eggs are used up by 30. Most first time mothers-to-be find it difficult getting pregnant in their thirties.

https://www.ed.ac.uk/news/all-news/ovaries-280110
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by culf: 5:38pm On May 06, 2023
Make una dey stop all these things abeg, some marry at forty and immediately conceive and give birth while others marry at 20 and waited for years.
Stop putting unnecessary pressure on people abeg.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by dawnomike(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2023
culf:
Make una dey stop all these things abeg, some marry at forty and immediately conceive and give birth while others marry at 20 and waited for years.
Stop putting unnecessary pressure on people abeg.

I wonder oooo... In a country like Nigeria where the average age to graduate from university is 23

19 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 5:46pm On May 06, 2023
It's important for women to prioritize starting their families on time. You'd be surprised at the number of families who want to have children but can't because the women waited too long to get married and start having children.

Some people can have children at age 40 but we all know it's easier for a 20year old to get pregnant than a 40yr old.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 5:48pm On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:
I wonder oooo... In a country like Nigeria where the average age to graduate from university is 23

You can get married immediately after graduation. You can also get married while still in school. That you're a woman pursuing an education does not mean that you should put away childbearing till you teach the age of infertility

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by anthonyuncle(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2023
it partially depends on nature and largely on the lifestyle of the lady.

a promiscuous person that has had lots of unsafe abortions and birth control pills will have difficulty conceiving even if she's 20yrs old.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Modifire(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2023
Igbo gels mok una gather here
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 6:23pm On May 06, 2023
Modifire:
Igbo gels mok una gather here

I didn't pick a fight with Igbo girls. I am only providing a link that advises young men on mate selection if they want to have children.

If you have an aunt, sister or in-law who is above 30 and having difficulties conceiving, you'll have heard them state that the doctor has told them, there's nothing wrong with them. And they're right- there's usually nothing wrong with them. They're just too old. They have run very low on viable eggs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by ahnie: 6:36pm On May 06, 2023
Nonsense write ups

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Octopusssy(f): 6:45pm On May 06, 2023
ahnie:
Nonsense write ups
Very nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 6:47pm On May 06, 2023
You can ignore reality.

But please don't leave young men astray.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by culf: 6:52pm On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:

Thank you
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 7:08pm On May 06, 2023
Your decisions matter. There's lots of women who get married in school. The longer women wait to start their families, the harder it gets to have children.

Half of unmarried, educated women above 30 are having difficulties with conception. And most of them have bought into this bogus lie that the longer you wait, the better it becomes
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 06, 2023
What did I just read🤦🤦

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Divoc19(f): 7:19pm On May 06, 2023
Not true. Fertility issue is most times genetic or health related not age related

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by folake4u(f): 7:23pm On May 06, 2023
Ugh!

Let females marry when they wanna.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by NoToPile: 7:23pm On May 06, 2023
Nawa.
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by GloriousGbola: 7:40pm On May 06, 2023
Fertility is not a matter of age. The only real argument for marrying early as a woman is that your body will recover faster. And that children in your late thirties may be at risk for congenital defects.

But fertility - fertility is what it is. I know lots of women who had children in their thirties. I know chicks who were promiscuous and had abortions who are married with kids today. On the flip side I know two women who married as virgins who had trouble conceiving. It is one of those random tosses of genetic dice.

My last child was born when my wife was 38. It was the most difficult birth of all three and the one with the hardest post recovery.

There are pros and cons to having children early. But in Nigeria it is important that you are able to fend for yourself.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by akube34: 7:53pm On May 06, 2023
Dimaya:
It's important for women to prioritize starting their families on time. You'd be surprised at the number of families who want to have children but can't because the women waited too long to get married and start having children.

Some people can have children at age 40 but we all know it's easier for a 20year old to get pregnant than a 40yr old.
wait how does this concern you? Who send you work. A full grown person just opened this kinda nonsense thread

3 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by ItisWell22(f): 7:55pm On May 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Fertility is not a matter of age. The only real argument for marrying early as a woman is that your body will recover faster. And that children in your late thirties may be at risk for congenital defects.

But fertility - fertility is what it is. I know lots of women who had children in their thirties. I know chicks who were promiscuous and had abortions who are married with kids today. On the flip side I know two women who married as virgins who had trouble conceiving. It is one of those random tosses of genetic dice.

My last child was born when my wife was 38. It was the most difficult birth of all three and the one with the hardest post recovery.

There are pros and cons to having children early. But in Nigeria it is important that you are able to fend for yourself.

God bless you sir… 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Eunoiaa(f): 8:11pm On May 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All these coming from someone who believes that women hit a wall and there's a point at which they begin to age like milk.

This joke dey kill me.

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by GloriousGbola: 8:28pm On May 06, 2023
Eunoiaa:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All these coming from someone who believes that women hit a wall and there's a point at which they begin to age like milk.

This joke dey kill me.

When you actually have life experience then one can consider paying attention to you. Until then you will be nothing but an Internet noise maker in the same mold as the red pillers you hate so much - their mirror image. A child miseducated by some quick speaking misandrists tongue

Do yourself a favor and borrow some sense from the older feminists smiley

You can run off and huddle with the mender now. tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Eunoiaa(f): 8:43pm On May 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:
When you actually have life experience then one can consider paying attention to you.

Oh, this is shocking and certainly new. 😂

Respond with an ad-hominem to being called out on your contradictory takes.

I can see how much and how well life has taught you, Gramps.

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by akwesenana: 8:50pm On May 06, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 9:17pm On May 06, 2023
There's a few solutions. We should try to see the wisdom in our ancestors receiving suitors for their daughters once they turn 18.

We should encourage young women to start dating with the intention of starting families before 25. This means encouraging ladies to date men of the marrying age who already can support a family.

I met a set of female identical twin ladies recently. Taiye got married as an undergraduate in school about 22. Kehinde waited until after youth service to start dating and got married at 32.

Taiye has three children. They're both 37 right now and kehinde is yet to have kids. She's having fertility issues and the centre's trying to harvest eggs from both her and her twin. Last gynae clinic attendance was told they're both low on viable eggs and might need to use a surrogate.

The chief difference was age.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 9:20pm On May 06, 2023
You can't compare the fertility of a 22 year old with that of a 32 year old.

And you shouldn't discount the advice of those who have experience with these matters. Many folks are having fertility issues and chief amongst the correlated issues is old maternal age.
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:43pm On May 06, 2023
WTF undecided
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Mindlog: 10:58pm On May 06, 2023
Dimaya:

Fertility issues is not exclusively female.

Starting a family in time, are they going to asexually reproduce?

3 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 11:12pm On May 06, 2023
Mindlog:

Fertility issues is not exclusively female.

Starting a family in time, are they going to asexually reproduce?

This is not a diss report. I am not trying to pressure women into early marriages. The video is self-explanatory.

As the speaker in the video stated, " there's nothing as painful as wanting children and not having it" I am surrounded by multiple childless friends on their 40s whose wives got married in their late 30s. It's becoming sort of a silent epidemic.

I only posted the link for young men to watch and take heed. For men who want children, it's important that they marry women who won't have fertility issues. And older women in late 30s have fertility issues. Just go to any fertility clinic to witness by yourself. Everyday, they're told," you waited too late to start a family"

And women are not to blame in all cases. The economy is hard, most people don't get their earnings up in time to support a family. This is not to diss women. But if you're a young woman in early twenties, look for a man who can support a family and get married on time. While your fertility window is still open.

And for men, I'm only providing insight to govern reproductive decision-making. And it's just the fact that most women in their thirties have difficulty conceiving. If you haven't seen it first hand, you won't realize how common place it is becoming.

And when we offer valuable counsel on a public forum, people are quick to assume we're denigrating women older than 25. That is not my intention.

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Ibechris2: 11:13pm On May 06, 2023
Na for Nigeria u go see person wey him life don damage dem go still go marry.
Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Mindlog: 11:20pm On May 06, 2023
Dimaya:

This is not a diss report. I am not trying to pressure women into early marriages. The video is self-explanatory.

As the speaker in the video stated, " there's nothing as painful as wanting children and not having it" I am surrounded by multiple childless friends on their 40s whose wives got married in their late 30s. It's becoming sort of a silent epidemic.

I only posted the link for young men to watch and take heed. For men who want children, it's important that they marry women who won't have fertility issues. And older women in late 30s have fertility issues. Just go to any fertility clinic to witness by yourself. Everyday, they're told," you waited too late to start a family"

And women are not to blame in all cases. The economy is hard, most people don't get their earnings up in time to support a family. This is not to diss women. But if you're a young woman in early twenties, look for a man who can support a family and get married on time. While your fertility window is still open.

And for men, I'm only providing insight to govern reproductive decision-making. And it's just the fact that most women in their thirties have difficulty conceiving. If you haven't seen it first hand, you won't realize how common place it is becoming.

And when we offer valuable counsel on a public forum, people are quick to assume we're denigrating women older than 25. That is not my intention.

With excruciating poverty in Nigeria, how many unmarried men of age, are so very eager to marry and birth children?

2 Likes

Re: Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? by Dimaya: 11:43pm On May 06, 2023
Mindlog:

With excruciating poverty in Nigeria, how many unmarried men of age, are so very eager to marry and birth children?

I posted this for men who can marry and have children. For such men whose earnings allow them to start a family, they should ensure their wives don't have impediments to childbearing.

If you're a man who can support a family financially, if you want to have children, please focus on marrying a woman within her reproductive window. Don't fall for the new social programming that age doesn't matter in childbearing. It does.

All my friends who have fertility issues are experiencing exactly the same issues. Their wives are too old, the pool of viable eggs is drying up and they are spending millions on fertility treatments.

I give this advice, the same way I would advice anyone who is AS gentotype to avoid marrying another AS carrier. It doesn't mean I hate older women. We just have to realize that when it comes to fertility, our ancestors were not wrong: that older women have difficulties conceiving

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Catches Wife Pants Down With Another Man / VERY Glam Life Of Bill Gates' Daughter On Instagram / Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.