Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Am I Offending God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Offending God? (13902 Views)

Avoid Offending Another / How To Be Part Of Christmas Without Offending GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Offending God? by DCmaverick(m): 6:38am On May 07, 2023
Am a christain and i know lying is a sin, but i do lie to get something from my bo$$.(cus dats de only way). I just want to knw if am offending God
Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 6:45am On May 07, 2023
DCmaverick:
Am a christain and i know lying is a sin, but i do lie to get something from my bo$$.(cus dats de only way). I just want to knw if am offending God
Offend God in what particular way? Why would you think God is bothered by you and your life choices?? undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Offending God? by terrezo2002(m): 6:50am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Offend God in what particular way? Why would you think God is bothered by you and your life choices?? undecided
One of the works of the flesh is lying. This is against the law of the spirit and so it makes you an enemy of God.
You twist things a lot like the devil

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On May 07, 2023
terrezo2002:
■ One of the works of the flesh is lying. This is against the law of the spirit and so it makes you an enemy of God. You twist things a lot like the devil
1. So where did you get the idea that God is bothered in some way by those who choose to live as enemies of God? undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by terrezo2002(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So where did you get the idea that God is bothered in some way by those who choose to live as enemies of God? undecided
You are not a Christian so there is no need to tell you where I got my ideas from.

45 Likes

Re: Am I Offending God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2023
DCmaverick:

Of course you're offending God because as one of the creatures made in His image {Genesis 1:26} you're supposed to reflect God's qualities {Psalms 31:5} not that of Satan {John 8:44} so by reflecting the attributes of the adversary you saddens God's heart! Proverbs 27:11

But the most important is that by lying you are also offending yourself!

How?

Your boss is an imperfect human who may be deceived with lies to make a wrong decision or judgment due to what he heard unlike God who can see everything {Hebrews 4:13} but as a creature made in God's image he will surely appreciate the truth no matter what happens because that will guide him to make the right decision, so if he realizes that you're always on the side of truth he will have no choice that to trust you with greater things! Genesis 41:44

So don't think of the troubles that comes with telling the truth or doing what is right rather look to God who is the rewarder of all those earnestly seeking Him with all their hearts and He will surely repay you at the best time for you! Hebrews 11:6

God bless you and may you have PEACE!

18 Likes

Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 7:14am On May 07, 2023
terrezo2002:
■ You are not a Christian so there is no need to tell you where I got my ideas from.
1. Because you know there is nothing scriptural about your beliefs. undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Offending God? by terrezo2002(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Because you know there is nothing scriptural about your beliefs. undecided
Scriptures you twist? Or you mean it is not in your self constructed scriptures

10 Likes

Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 7:29am On May 07, 2023
DCmaverick:
By the way Op, you say you are a of the religion of Christianity, but here is a question for you. Are you born-again? What proof do you have that you are, if your answer is yes - John 3 vs 1 - 21? undecided

Assuming your answer is yes to the first question above, what cross was given to you when you chose to accept Jesus Christ- Matthew 10 vs 36 - 38? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Am I Offending God? by DCmaverick(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Offend God in what particular way? Why would you think God is bothered by you and your life choices?? :\
By lying, and he he wil care cus he has made us in his own image meanin we are the flesh of his flesh and blood of his blood and he has made us to be like him

1 Like

Re: Am I Offending God? by DCmaverick(m): 8:14am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
By the way Op, you say you are a of the religion of Christianity, but here is a question for you. Are you born-again? What proof do you have that you are, if your answer is yes - John 3 vs 1 - 21? undecided

Assuming your answer is yes to the first question above, what cross was given to you when you chose to accept Jesus Christ- Matthew 10 vs 36 - 38? undecided

actually am a believer of the word bt nt yet a born again cus am afraid of going bak to worldly ways
Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 8:15am On May 07, 2023
DCmaverick:
■ By lying, and he he wil care cus he has made us in his own image meanin we are the flesh of his flesh and blood of his blood and he has made us to be like him
1. Bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh? you were created from the clay of this earth and are the image of God in almost the same way a barbie or Ken doll are of the image of their human creators. What in the world? undecided

Again, why should God be offended by your decision to lie? undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 8:16am On May 07, 2023
DCmaverick:
■ actually am a believer of the word bt nt yet a born again cus am afraid of going bak to worldly ways
You are not even born-again but you believe God should be bothered when you lie? Why? undecided

By the way, you are not born-again and you obviously aren't ready to abandon life and property for God's sake, so why do you bother with whether God is bothered or not by your lies? Why not live free and unencumbered by such thoughts? undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by buygala(m): 8:34am On May 07, 2023
Religious teachings sound really good on paper, but are near impossible to wholly observe.. Even Abraham had to lie at some point that his wife Sarah was his sister.. Shey you wan come holy pass Abraham? grin... So no too disturb yourself...

If any Supreme being wanted us stainlessly holy, he shouldn't have created us with this weak flesh in a World where some of the things the Holy Books referred to as "sins" are an inescapable part of everyday life..

He and his angels are busy chilling in their Celestial bodies in a perfect Heaven, while holding to their standards mere mortals who have to deal with the shit hole that the world is presently..

The same God that called a murderous and adulterous David "a man after my heart" is the same person threatening me with hell because I lied I am in Lokoja while I am in Abuja...and you expect me to take that seriously?

Yes, I am a Christian and I attend church quite regularly.. But I choose what portions of the preachings to take to heart and which part to leave right there on the Church floor.. If God wanted me to he holy, he should have left me to be chilling in Heaven, and not sent me down to earth, and of all of places, Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Offending God? by Bunnatex(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2023
Well I'm not a pastor or Priest, I've left that path but then I must task you since you're a Christian to read the scriptures.

There are several places where wisdom and tact was encouraged and recommended.

I'll give you one, kindly read Luke 16:1-13.

The point is that the new laws of God is written in our hearts, you know that which is injurious to the company and must desist from it.

However, you must be careful not to over do it.

For instance I don't see anything wrong with receipt of tips, NB: I didn't say request.

God bless you
Re: Am I Offending God? by EmeeNaka: 8:35am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are not even born-again but you believe God should be bothered when you lie? Why? undecided

By the way, you are not born-again and you obviously aren't ready to abandon life and property for God's sake, so why do you bother with whether God is bothered or not by your lies? Why not live free and unencumbered by such thoughts? undecided
Are you a Christian?
That question is very important. You must be a Christian for you to advise the Poster.

1 Like

Re: Am I Offending God? by SavageResponse(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2023
Instead of you to just say you are stealing money from your boss' business
Re: Am I Offending God? by ipobarecriminals: 8:38am On May 07, 2023
sad u are deceiving itself. Somebody else will do same to u. It is kal SEED and HARVEST time. U can't escape it
Re: Am I Offending God? by reiddecuti: 8:38am On May 07, 2023
The only enemy of God is one who have rejected the gospel — the death, the burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:22-24, Acts 3:15, Acts 13:30, Ephesians 1:20, Romans 8:11, Galatians 1:1, John 3:15)
Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 8:39am On May 07, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Are you a Christian?
That question is very important. You must be a Christian for you to advise the Poster.
Was Jesus Christ a Christian? Did the disciples call themselves Christians and attend your Christian churches. undecided

I am not a Christian. Rather, I am a follower of Jesus Christ and a citizen of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 8:42am On May 07, 2023
reiddecuti:
The only enemy of God is one who have rejected the gospel
Unbelievers are not enemies of God. God's enemies, according to Jesus Christ are the born-agains who refuse to live their lives in continuous submission/acceptance and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ- John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 14. undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by Jokerman(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2023
Any difference from yahoo yahoo?
Re: Am I Offending God? by ednut1(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2023
Is God on nairaland Why not ask him directly
Re: Am I Offending God? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:

That is why GOD wiped the world with the flood of waters.

Genesis 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
⁶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
⁷ And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Re: Am I Offending God? by mrsage(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Am I Offending God? by Houseontherock1: 8:49am On May 07, 2023
DCmaverick:
Every unrighteousness is a sin, according to the Bible. Lying is a sin because the Bible did not overrule saving lies or lies from desperation. However, if you are comfortable about the end justifying the means undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by flexyrule(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2023
Living a righteous life in this modern era can be herculean task.

Imagine working as a sales person in a bank and other corporate organization. You will tell corporate lies as if that's what you were paid to do.

A sister once shared her experience benefiting from a fraudulent scheme during one of our house caring fellowships way back in 1998.

She used to work in a government office where they paid everyone overtime. But nobody stays in the office beyond 4pm.

She felt guilty having to eat what she didn't work for.
And there was no way that she could notify the authorities without her colleagues knowing that she was the one that blew the whistle.
And if they found out that she was the one, they might gang up against her and make the office a living he for her.

And her conscience prickles her, everytime she sees the overtime on her payslip.

The truth is, modern days pastors and Christian have watered down biblical standards. This misinterpreted doctrine of grace.

According to God's standard, what's right is right and a sin is a sin.
Christians of nowadays would bend, paint, modify, adjust, upgrade a sin, just to suit their way of life.
Re: Am I Offending God? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:

If GOD is not bothered, He won't have sent His only begotten Son to come to the world, teach them, show them the Way, and die for the remission of their sins.

1 Like

Re: Am I Offending God? by Kobojunkie: 8:53am On May 07, 2023
Westerhoffe:

That is why GOD wiped the world with the flood of waters.

Genesis 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
⁶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
⁷ And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Didn't the same God say He would not do that again?? undecided
Re: Am I Offending God? by Igbokwechika101(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2023
Bro we lie for a living.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bible Verses For Today / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft / True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.