Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria (72264 Views)

Photos: Meet Okonjo-iweala's Son After He Reportedly Proposed To Genevieve / The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) / PHOTOS: Meet Nigeria’s Most Romantic Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by damkin24(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
Osinbanjo would have been the luckiest had it been Tinubu allowed him gets the ticket... 8years VP, 8years president
Which one is had it been Tinubu allowed him? You guys always make things up, but he actually contested the primary election and not only against Tinubu but other party faithfuls. So don't paint it as if someone stood on his way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by affable4(m): 12:32am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
Osinbanjo would have been the luckiest had it been Tinubu allowed him gets the ticket... 8years VP, 8years president
and I tell you bro, that the country would have been peaceful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by yusufu16: 12:34am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
1. Goodluck Jonathan: He's the ONLY Nigerian to occupy all of the top two executive positions in State and National levels. He was Deputy Governor (6½ years), Executive Governor (1½ years), Vice President (2years, 9 months), Acting President (3 months) and President (5 years).

Let us create another topic of politicians who really work hard before they won their positions.

1. Buhari: he contested and lost 4 I think before eventually winning in 2015.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by kapelvej: 12:46am On May 08, 2023
Orangedreams:
Noted, but please don't forget to invest in landed property for the sake of your future.

Check my siggy right away.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Simeonjoe1: 12:55am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
4. Senator David Mark: The Senate was once considered the fortress of Senator David Mark. This is because aside spending consecutive 20 years (1999-2019) there, he also led the Senate for consecutive 8 years - becoming the longest serving Senate President in Nigeria's history.

I remember education being young then at the current affairs. The senate president is always synonymous to David mark, anything who's the senate president - David Mark. It seems the man would never leave.
Till now it seems absurd not hearing David Mark as senate president. Like the man cemented his name there. In current affairs back then they are only 2names any child would know, olusegun Obasanjo and David mark.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 1:38am On May 08, 2023
I don't think political alliance is helpful, infact it breeds mediocrity. I think candidates should be voted for on their merit rather than the strength of political party and structures.

The alliance of the North and West has not moved Nigeria forward neither will the alliance of the West and East or North and East.
What will move Nigeria forward is a credible and transparent electoral process where the will of the Nigeria people is 100% reflected. Then and only then will politicians know they can be removed and as such behave responsibly and 'accountably'
Benwallt:

I am surprised you haven't used insulting words though. I am not sure you are a thorough bred Obidient. They ask questions with insult and answer with insult.

Obi is a good person no doubt but he needs people around him to actualise his political dream. I don't mean a cankerworm like Atiku.

It is high time the southeast leaders put out a united front though after emancipating themselves from PDP exploitative and mental slavery.

They kinda synergy that exists between the west and the north should have been between the west and the east if you ask me. It will be too formidable but what I don't still is why both sides is always at opposite ends when it comes to political lining.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by OkayDaddy: 1:40am On May 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Don't be ridiculous, if them born those justices well, let them throwaway the cases and see if Nigeria go contain everybody!

Hope you heard the warning of the DSS and military?

I will personally wear your Adieu Papa T-shirt with your face on it.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by OkayDaddy: 1:44am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:

How did Tinubu stop Osinbajo?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by 3seriez(m): 1:45am On May 08, 2023
You forgot to mention David Mark had an illustrious career with the military too. He was former Military administrator of Niger state and also one time minister of communication retiring as a brigadier general before becoming a senator. Nigeria has been good to him , but I can't say he has been good to Nigeria.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by coputa(m): 1:54am On May 08, 2023
God1000:
Unforseen circumstances often pave way for others to climb up
It's not a coincidence,it is their destiny, nobody can change it.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Peacecore: 2:03am On May 08, 2023
helinues:

Fate and destiny worked against Atiku in the last election. Atiku is not different from Raila Odinga from Kenya. They have both been missing election with wrong calculation.

Raila could have won the 2022 election in Kenya had it been he did not associate with the then current government . Raila was busy attacking Uhuru until the handshake. He had no choice than to swallow all the rubbish he has been saying about Uhuru which affected his campaign as he couldn't condemn the government.

Same thing happened in Nigeria when the opposition supported the failed Naira design implementations
Very salient point@bolded. I said it during that incident that it supporting that policy would affect the opposition and favour whoever the critics is especially in the North and South South

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by jaafree: 2:55am On May 08, 2023
Ikweremadu shouldnt be on this list, you guys are buying sympathy for the wicked soul.

Even kwankwaso's CV is more brighter than his.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 3:14am On May 08, 2023
Where is yahaya bello?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by lawflec(m): 3:25am On May 08, 2023
Luckiest policiticians and you didn't mention Amechi, Yahaya Bello who didn't even participate in the election but became guvernors.
You also failed to mention Zamfara governor, Guvernors Uzodimma and Duoye Diri who all lost elections and magically became governors. Miraculously and surprisingly
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 3:49am On May 08, 2023
Belle dey fear nai e dey front?
OkayDaddy:

Hope you heard the warning of the DSS and military?

I will personally wear your Adieu Papa T-shirt with your face on it.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 3:54am On May 08, 2023
Where has EXPLORER been? That guy brought some hot stuff to this NL. Please I long to read from your post.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by eyeses: 4:01am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
1. Goodluck Jonathan: He's the ONLY Nigerian to occupy all of the top two executive positions in State and National levels. He was Deputy Governor (6½ years), Executive Governor (1½ years), Vice President (2years, 9 months), Acting President (3 months) and President (5 years).

truly the luckiest man in Nigerian politics.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by OBJECTIVITY4ALL: 4:18am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
That's the reason while he will not be and that's what is working against Atiku. They won't allow a politician to be VP FOR 8YRS AND PRESIDENT FOR 8 YRS . They feels they will too powerful and become a life God father.
Note:My options please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 4:20am On May 08, 2023
The list is incomplete without Senator Ike Ekweremadu’s name in it
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by stuffs2002: 5:03am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Kwankwaso may not even be President should Asiwaju spend 8 years... A younger person from the region may prop up! Personally, I feel we need to halt this recycling! Kwankwaso has been in the system since 1991, he will be 70 in 2027 and 74 in 2031... That is way past his prime!

We may need a President in his 50s or late 40s...

Having a younger person may not be feasible because most of the oldies are usually powerful and well connected
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by eallstar: 5:40am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
Which one is tinubu allowed him?
He participated in the primary and lost.
Why all third positions always cry and wail?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Jagabanarmy: 5:46am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Candidly, I wasn't shocked by the result, but I was disappointed that PDP allowed avoidable crisis to cause division which affected our votes.

That's what saved APC. Check the total votes cast. It's God's grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by WeddingParol: 5:48am On May 08, 2023
I can't see Yeye Bello name there.

He never campaigned but became the governor of Kogi state over night and misruled the people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by KonTagiousBull: 5:59am On May 08, 2023
helinues:

Hahaha, I drank for almost a month after Tinubu was declared, no work just chilling. The celebration wasn't actually about Tinubu winning but the suggestion of Muslim Muslim ticket, precisely Shettima

Just instincts suggestions and winning formula. I was glad it came true

We are looking forward for better Nigeria with Tinubu's presidency

Good one...drinking your destiny!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by DECLAN2015(m): 6:43am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:

As if u people ll vote for him
Hypocrisy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Allisgud: 6:50am On May 08, 2023
The only luckiest person there is Jonathan who ascend offices without struggling for it, without having a dream,vision,of it for once,he was just a lecturer,he was picked to be a deputy govnor to govnor to vice president to president

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Morphinne: 6:51am On May 08, 2023
Afamed:

The moments Kwankwaso went his way. The moment G5 came out of PDP.

The moment Obident movement came out of PDP.

Asiwaju victory was sealed

I don’t know what they were all thinking or the wizard that bound them with that deadly spell grin grin
A party you couldn’t beat as a big United family, you decided to split into splinters and erroneously believed that one of these splinters would win the United opposition. No be juju be that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Richbyfaith: 6:53am On May 08, 2023
This list is not complete. You should add the likes of Tinubu, Godswill Akpabio, Rotimi Amaechi etc to the list.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by holuwatimzy(m): 6:56am On May 08, 2023
How is Ekweremadu one of the luckiest?

That he sits in a UK prison and we cannot fight for him is saddening, and it has cancelled any luck he had prior.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Morphinne: 7:04am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Kwankwaso may not even be President should Asiwaju spend 8 years... A younger person from the region may prop up! Personally, I feel we need to halt this recycling! Kwankwaso has been in the system since 1991, he will be 70 in 2027 and 74 in 2031... That is way past his prime!

We may need a President in his 50s or late 40s...
I get your point but with these set of “woke” Obidient youths we have today, I’m afraid I would prefer to be ruled by these recycled politicians. The massive support Peter Obi got from the supposed enlightened/educated youths made it clear that the youths are not just ready yet. People who can’t be engaged in sensible arguments and conversations, you ask them to list Obi’s accomplishments to justify supporting him, they emotionally resort to insulting the living daylight out of their fathers.
The last elections made me realized that we have more idîotic and easily brainwashed youths in Nigeria than any other country. Some of them didn’t even know that this guy, Peter Obi, was once a governor who failed miserably during his time. I was here on this same Nairaland around 2011/12 when ppl (Igbo) where calling out this same man (Obi) for misgoverning Anambra but fast forward to 2022, he became the messiah. Their agitation would have been deemed genuine and sensible if they had all supported one of their own, a youth like themselves (Yele Sowore) or even any of our celebrities (Falz, Macaroni, psquare, Davido, 2face or even Portable sef)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:06am On May 08, 2023
I’m still curious who Goodluck supported in the last presidential election.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Afamed: 7:20am On May 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Don't be ridiculous, if them born those justices well, let them throwaway the cases and see if Nigeria go contain everybody!

At this stage, you dont deserve further engagement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taye Currency’s Mother Shot Dead, Musician Also Shot In Ibadan -Afrobeatsglobal / President Buhari's Interview On Arise TV (Updates) / Lauretta Onochie Reacts As Igbo Man Turns Bundles Of Dollars Into Daughter's Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.