Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria (72258 Views)

Photos: Meet Okonjo-iweala's Son After He Reportedly Proposed To Genevieve / The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) / PHOTOS: Meet Nigeria’s Most Romantic Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by mukthar2000(m): 7:29am On May 08, 2023
Imaging ,with all this big big positions, the carry one small illegal thing spoil am , now they will add once a convict to that good profile now, ogaoo.

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by TheATM: 7:30am On May 08, 2023
I disagreed with that list. Why not include Salisu Buhari?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by bluefilm: 7:32am On May 08, 2023
@TonyeBarcanista

So you are defining luck by the number of years the said politician stayed in power?

No wonder so many African 'leaders' never wish to leave power.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by wisdomkid: 7:34am On May 08, 2023
GEJ is the most blessed among them all. One of the most underrated of all.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by amNIGERIA: 7:39am On May 08, 2023
@Op,

You are using very wrong parameters to arrive at your selection.

The best parameter should be 'Who has most elevated the lives of Nigerians?'

Instead you based it on who has been in public office to steal for the longest time..... smh grin grin sad

TonyeBarcanista:
1. Goodluck Jonathan: He's the ONLY Nigerian to occupy all of the top two executive positions in State and National levels. He was Deputy Governor (6½ years), Executive Governor (1½ years), Vice President (2years, 9 months), Acting President (3 months) and President (5 years).

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by ObiCubanaJnr: 7:40am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Kwankwaso may not even be President should Asiwaju spend 8 years... A younger person from the region may prop up! Personally, I feel we need to halt this recycling! Kwankwaso has been in the system since 1991, he will be 70 in 2027 and 74 in 2031... That is way past his prime!

We may need a President in his 50s or late 40s...

So you know this and still supported Atiku because of your own personal gains at the detriment of the larger populace.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Harmattan123(m): 7:50am On May 08, 2023
Ike Ekweremadu: He has to his credit as the only politician that has occupied the positions of Council Chairman, Chief of Staff to Governor, Secretary to Enugu State Government, 5 time Senator, 3 time Deputy President of the Senate & one-time Speaker of the ECOWAS Parliament
But now in JAIL
GOD HAVE MERCY
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:51am On May 08, 2023
D all failed us
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Mayeldah(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2023
Has Nigeria made progress with these their lucks? NO!

NO!!!

who their luck epp?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Idaytesj29(m): 8:06am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
Osinbanjo would have been the luckiest had it been Tinubu allowed him gets the ticket... 8years VP, 8years president

Tinubu imprisoned him? Better move on, you have a new sheriff in town.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Bluntemperor: 8:25am On May 08, 2023
They are not luck but couldn't not delivered dividends of Democracy to the Masses!
They had all the opportunities but failed even their Constituents .
For instance, what had been their achievements to the people of Nigeria,when they have all the Power to act in positive manners for Nigerians to remember them, afterall, they all travelled abroad, even to Dubai, London,New York, Israel,Paris,etc- yet we still have no light( and everyday here,365- days as I'm talking,) and so Millions of Nigerians) and you want us to clap for them!
Imagine,we are still talking about the completion of Lagos - Ibadan Express Road Completions now- after how many yrs of PDP in power at Federal Level , despite the Millions of Transportation of good and services on daily basis and Many States of Federation too,whose projects have been stalled to denied the People their rightful ownership to good things because of bad politics!
OP,you will agree that Nigerian Politicians have no plans whatsoever for or the Masses that elected them but are just cruising with our National Resources!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Allisgud: 8:30am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
1. Goodluck Jonathan: He's the ONLY Nigerian to occupy all of the top two executive positions in State and National levels. He was Deputy Governor (6½ years), Executive Governor (1½ years), Vice President (2years, 9 months), Acting President (3 months) and President (5 years).

The only luckiest person there is Jonathan who ascend offices without struggling for it, without having a dream,vision,of it for once,he was just a lecturer,he was picked to be a deputy govnor to govnor to vice president to president
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Allisgud: 8:33am On May 08, 2023
Only Jonathan is the luckiest president others use money to buy their ways and use money to keep staying there obansanjo wanted to try it the 3rd time he fail
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Allisgud: 8:34am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
2. Olusegun Obasanjo: He was appointed Chief of Staff Supreme HQ (VP to Military Head of State), became Military ruler without participating in coup, became President in 1999 after release from prison without struggle & served 8 full yrs. He's Nigeria's longest-serving leader
Only Jonathan is the luckiest president others use money to buy their ways and use money to keep staying there obansanjo wanted to try it the 3rd time he fail
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by AfonjaConehead: 8:47am On May 08, 2023
helinues:
Toh. I think Wike should also be added to the list

Oga Tonye, how you dey? Long time
e joo,abeg help me with chop moneygrin

Identity hidden for now but I go reach out to you soon
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Madups(m): 8:49am On May 08, 2023
This is the real definition of delusion.
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks Brother,I hope you sha took time to relax? May 29 will open a new chapter in Nigeria...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by babtoundey(m): 9:07am On May 08, 2023
Where is Yahyah Bello of Kogi state
Where is Nnamadi Sambo the formal Nigeria VIce President?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by biaframaster200: 9:09am On May 08, 2023
Op, the list is not complete without Obi waname....Ellu-Pee...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Popeonah(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2023
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=122992671]6. Ike Ekweremadu: He has to his credit as the only politician that has occupied the positions of Council Chairman, Chief of Staff to Governor, Secretary to Enugu State Government, 5 time Senator, 3 time Deputy President of the Senate & one-time Speaker of the ECOWAS Parliament[/quotel]

This one dey out of reasons. Thank God for God. Omo all of the should have ended up like that
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2023
slashthroat:

How did PDP resolve that Anthony matter abi. Him done decamp?
Give us snipets of our Atiku is feeling. This was his surest path to the Presidency . I am looking forward to a book on post election happenings
Anthony matter is not an issue really, and he's still a member of PDP!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Kingstanding: 9:22am On May 08, 2023
[quote author=Wawelexy post=122992722]Osinbanjo would have been the luckiest had it been Tinubu allowed him gets the ticket... 8years VP, 8years president Osinbajo has no record of a project worth 100 naira project in his home town Ikenne.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by IbadeHQ: 9:33am On May 08, 2023
yarimo:
AMEACHI is also lucky.1999 to 2007 speaker Rivers state house of assembly, 2007 to 2015 governor of rivers state and 2015 to 2022 minister of transportation

You spoke my mind. Amaechi should make that list.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by slashthroat: 9:38am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Anthony matter is not an issue really, and he's still a member of PDP!

Was Atiku the best candidate for pdp be honest?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by raydboi(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2023
And Ekweremmadu is the unluckiest tongue
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by Wawelexy(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2023
[quote author=Kingstanding post=123001211][/quote]

But that's not what we are saying here, we are talking about the luckiest politicians
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:58am On May 08, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
I’m still curious who Goodluck supported in the last presidential election.
Peter Obi won in GEJ's Polling Unit.

This should give you an idea who he supported

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2023
slashthroat:

Was Atiku the best candidate for pdp be honest?
I will respond to this after the Tribunal has decided on the Petitions
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11am On May 08, 2023
Morphinne:

I get your point but with these set of “woke” Obidient youths we have today, I’m afraid I would prefer to be ruled by these recycled politicians. The massive support Peter Obi got from the supposed enlightened/educated youths made it clear that the youths are not just ready yet. People who can’t be engaged in sensible arguments and conversations, you ask them to list Obi’s accomplishments to justify supporting him, they emotionally resort to insulting the living daylight out of their fathers.
The last elections made me realized that we have more idîotic and easily brainwashed youths in Nigeria than any other country. Some of them didn’t even know that this guy, Peter Obi, was once a governor who failed miserably during his time. I was here on this same Nairaland around 2011/12 when ppl (Igbo) where calling out this same man (Obi) for misgoverning Anambra but fast forward to 2022, he became the messiah. Their agitation would have been deemed genuine and sensible if they had all supported one of their own, a youth like themselves (Yele Sowore) or even any of our celebrities (Falz, Macaroni, psquare, Davido, 2face or even Portable sef)
Exactly why I was confused during the electioneering. Obi supporters in all honesty, did not subject him to accountability, neither were they willing to engage in civil conversation without insults about his antecedents. To be fair, supporters of Asiwaju and Atiku also employed insults during the campaign. Some of these supporters (of the three + 1) candidates made the whole think appear like an ethnoreligious warfare - when it was just politics. Some took criticism of their candidates as hating their tribe or religion even when you never implied so... It was difficult really!

I think there is need for orientation for our people. We may not all be in the same political camp but we should be able to start making informed (and not sensational) decisions. We are no longer 'young' like we may believe, we are gradually exiting the youth stage... It's time to take responsibility

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2023
bluefilm:
@TonyeBarcanista

So you are defining luck by the number of years the said politician stayed in power?

No wonder so many African 'leaders' never wish to leave power.

The Thread has nothing to do with performance
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by jamesversion: 11:30am On May 08, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Kwankwaso may not even be President should Asiwaju spend 8 years... A younger person from the region may prop up! Personally, I feel we need to halt this recycling! Kwankwaso has been in the system since 1991, he will be 70 in 2027 and 74 in 2031... That is way past his prime!

We may need a President in his 50s or late 40s...

I remember in 2014, you were an APC member. Shortly before the 2015 elections you decamped to PDP and supported GEJ. GEJ lost.

You remained in PDP and supported Atiku in 2019. Atiku lost.

In 2023, you supported Atiku again who contested at 72(which obviously you saw nothing wrong with his age), he lost again.

If you decamp to APC 2moro, you know what, WPC will lose. Why??.. Because of you. grin
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2023
All of them are corrupt tiffs, as Ekweremmadu has proved. Former ECOWAS speaker for trafficking and attempted illegal organ harvestation. grin grin grin grin grin

ECOWAS are a bunch of tiffs also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taye Currency’s Mother Shot Dead, Musician Also Shot In Ibadan -Afrobeatsglobal / President Buhari's Interview On Arise TV (Updates) / Lauretta Onochie Reacts As Igbo Man Turns Bundles Of Dollars Into Daughter's Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.