Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Disunity In Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disunity In Family (535 Views)

Do You Believe In Family Patterns? / 5 Causes Of Disunity In The Home / Trouble in family over my sister's marriage to a divorcee man with 5 children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disunity In Family by calmandwild101(m): 11:39pm On May 07, 2023
Good evening NL,this is my first time posting on nl,so don’t mind my grammar and my typo.
Straight to the point, we are four in numbers in our family,am the second born to my father while am the first born to my mum and the only male child in the family.My immediate younger sister and the last born have been having issues for years now. I was in kaduna during the covid when the last born called me and reported her sister to me that she embarrassed her in front of her fiancé back then.she snubbed him when she took him to her to introduce the guy to her but she gave him attitude and the worst of it all was that she referred her as half sister to the fiancé which the last born got annoyed but kept cool abt it. When I heard abt the whole I faulted her that she shouldn’t refer to her as half sister.since then they have been having loggerheads,sometimes they settled but later on they go on beef which I have talked to both of them but to ni avail. My mum was diagnosed with partial stroke which really need our attention and care,after we took her to hospital for healing but no result,we had no choice than bring her back to my younger sister house after a week we moved her to the last born house because we are not comfortable in her (immediate sister)house with her own family.durring those periods of been with them I talked to both of them to settle their rift because it would affect us all but yet no result.i kept mute for a while abt their issue.Then one day I talked to my immediate sister’s best friend abt her and the last born issue,she had talked to them but my sister is the main problem because she asked her what was the last born offense to her.she couldn’t give any tangible reason the same reason she gave me is the same reason she gave her friend too. She said doesn’t respect her much.shes isn’t friendly to her,(NB: their shops opposite each other and they do and sell almost the same thing and they are both doing well) and the last born claim she greeted her but she won’t answer.to cut the long story.i ordered both of them to settle their rift or else I will not relate with anyone that go against my word.My immediate sister go against my word when her sister still greeted her but she snubbed her. When she chatted me concerning Mum’s health I asked her had she settle the rift with her kid sister, she responded in a rude way and I cautioned her to watch her words since then she ignored me totally.she doesn’t reply my chat,my calls not even birthday wishes.what do you guys think I can do. Sorry for my long write up and don’t mind typo as well.
Re: Disunity In Family by Mobog(m): 10:26am On May 08, 2023
Leave then for the main time or Call the elders in the family. They'll be fine!
Re: Disunity In Family by Karleb(m): 10:55am On May 08, 2023
This is why I hate that people just marry because they are mature.

Aside finance and other things, an authority is needed in the house to call the sisters to order and make sure the family is at peace.

Sadly, even with money, some people don't have the required intellect to care for children above childhood level.
Re: Disunity In Family by calmandwild101(m): 11:45am On May 08, 2023
Mobog:
Leave then for the main time or Call the elders in the family. They'll be fine!
Yeah.i have let them be for now but I don’t want it to take long before they settle their rift because I don’t want their children to inherit their rift.
Re: Disunity In Family by calmandwild101(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2023
Karleb:
This is why I hate that people just marry because they are mature.

Aside finance and other things, an authority is needed in the house to call the sisters to order and make sure the family is at peace.

Sadly, even with money, some people don't have the required intellect to care for children above childhood level.
the problem is my immediate sister. She refused to relate with her sister even when she greet her.
Re: Disunity In Family by eben97: 2:05pm On May 08, 2023
The worst advice of my life I would be giving out to a person , is to get involved in POLYGAMY! YES, POLYGAMY !! Its a creeping beast, a virus that can unsettle the structure of true peace ,love and unity in any home.And let's all get this right and well, no home on earth ,I mean no home on earth as it is today live on TRUE PEACE ,LOVE AND UNITY practicing POLYGAMY.ITS all a hoax. Hypocrisy manifested at its peak. I am a product of same system and I can't in full details explain what I went through , and what I am still going through passing through the tunnel called polygamy.The Trauma can almost never be quelled unless God steps In and even the aftermath of the negative effects can really last forever.Bros , what is Been displayed in your family is as a result of the bad seed or egg been layed by your parents .... you might wanna give excuses may be because you emanate through the Islamic system.. that I won't argue about but the truth remains the truth , polygamy hasn't done the world any good .Even with very wealthy fams, the place for human flesh of greed , selfishness and pride will always show case it's self under such a system. Those with a single parenting might not really understand or be able to relate with this but I bet, those in this same shoes of polygamy would relate well. One man,- One woman has itt troubles but I can experiencially tell you ,it's can never be as traumatizing as the polygamous system.Dont even wish your enemy into it . Untill your sister is ready to let Slefishness and pride out her heart... The hate will continue and it might even get transcendental.

3 Likes

Re: Disunity In Family by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2023
calmandwild101:
Good evening NL,this is my first time posting on nl,so don’t mind my grammar and my typo.
Straight to the point, we are four in numbers in our family,am the second born to my father while am the first born to my mum and the only male child in the family.My immediate younger sister and the last born have been having issues for years now. I was in kaduna during the covid when the last born called me and reported her sister to me that she embarrassed her in front of her fiancé back then.she snubbed him when she took him to her to introduce the guy to her but she gave him attitude and the worst of it all was that she referred her as half sister to the fiancé which the last born got annoyed but kept cool abt it. When I heard abt the whole I faulted her that she shouldn’t refer to her as half sister.since then they have been having loggerheads,sometimes they settled but later on they go on beef which I have talked to both of them but to ni avail. My mum was diagnosed with partial stroke which really need our attention and care,after we took her to hospital for healing but no result,we had no choice than bring her back to my younger sister house after a week we moved her to the last born house because we are not comfortable in her (immediate sister)house with her own family.durring those periods of been with them I talked to both of them to settle their rift because it would affect us all but yet no result.i kept mute for a while abt their issue.Then one day I talked to my immediate sister’s best friend abt her and the last born issue,she had talked to them but my sister is the main problem because she asked her what was the last born offense to her.she couldn’t give any tangible reason the same reason she gave me is the same reason she gave her friend too. She said doesn’t respect her much.shes isn’t friendly to her,(NB: their shops opposite each other and they do and sell almost the same thing and they are both doing well) and the last born claim she greeted her but she won’t answer.to cut the long story.i ordered both of them to settle their rift or else I will not relate with anyone that go against my word.My immediate sister go against my word when her sister still greeted her but she snubbed her. When she chatted me concerning Mum’s health I asked her had she settle the rift with her kid sister, she responded in a rude way and I cautioned her to watch her words since then she ignored me totally.she doesn’t reply my chat,my calls not even birthday wishes.what do you guys think I can do. Sorry for my long write up and don’t mind typo as well.

the root of the problem is culture, we love to be respected very much but without showing respcet to each other no matter how young or old

its a vicious cycle, younger gets bullied, dismissed or disrespectef when you are young/ younger and cant wait when there older or some younger than them comes along. The same bullying that was done to you, you carry it on the young ones

Lets not treat each based on who is older, just teach each other equally, if i see my younger brother first let me be the one who greet 1st

1 it teaches the young ones that elders can teach by example

2 the younger fells respected and noticed, it helps how they relate to you in the long run

3 it teaches the young one that respect is both ways

A good example, you are general
hand worker in a big company and the general manager greats you buy your name, it boost your confidence at work why because the greeting is a feedback to say the manager doesnt take you like thing but a human being he knows your name not becoz of the job he but he sees you as a human 1st and a his worker 2nd

Back to the story, your sister must try to see each other as sisters without saying this one is older etc let respect start from seeing each other as sisters

but its tricky becoz you said one was introduced as half sister meaning, your father has two wives or children with different wives

there is 100% chance of one the attitude from
the sisters is due to the influence of the mum due to the father having another woman

1 Like

Re: Disunity In Family by calmandwild101(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

the root of the problem is culture, we love to be respected very much but without showing respcet to each other no matter how young or old

its a vicious cycle, younger gets bullied, dismissed or disrespectef when you are young/ younger and cant wait when there older or some younger than them comes along. The same bullying that was done to you, you carry it on the young ones

Lets not treat each based on who is older, just teach each other equally, if i see my younger brother first let me be the one who greet 1st

1 it teaches the young ones that elders can teach by example

2 the younger fells respected and noticed, it helps how they relate to you in the long run

3 it teaches the young one that respect is both ways

A good example, you are general
hand worker in a big company and the general manager greats you buy your name, it boost your confidence at work why because the greeting is a feedback to say the manager doesnt take you like thing but a human being he knows your name not becoz of the job he but he sees you as a human 1st and a his worker 2nd

Back to the story, your sister must try to see each other as sisters without saying this one is older etc let respect start from seeing each other as sisters

but its tricky becoz you said one was introduced as half sister meaning, your father has two wives or children with different wives

there is 100% chance of one the attitude from
the sisters is due to the influence of the mum due to the father having another woman
That is the right perspective in terms of relating with each other regardless of who is older.respect is earn.we are all from the same mother but the last born is from different father but that does not give her the audacity to refer to her as half sister in front of her fiancé I think.i still can’t find reason why she doesn’t like her kid sister.tho they are both selling and doing the same thing and their shop is opposite each other and they are both doing well financially.tho the kid sister has numbers of apprentice while the older doesn’t have one the reason why is the kid sister is doing make up and hairdressing while the sister only sell hairdressers and make up stuff but she’s still doing very well.so I can’t really figure out what is happening and to my own knowledge the kid sister respected her sister to the core.
Re: Disunity In Family by calmandwild101(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2023
eben97:
The worst advice of my life I would be giving out to a person , is to get involved in POLYGAMY! YES, POLYGAMY !! Its a creeping beast, a virus that can unsettle the structure of true peace ,love and unity in any home.And let's all get this right and well, no home on earth ,I mean no home on earth as it is today live on TRUE PEACE ,LOVE AND UNITY practicing POLYGAMY.ITS all a hoax. Hypocrisy manifested at its peak. I am a product of same system and I can't in full details explain what I went through , and what I am still going through passing through the tunnel called polygamy.The Trauma can almost never be quelled unless God steps In and even the aftermath of the negative effects can really last forever.Bros , what is Been displayed in your family is as a result of the bad seed or egg been layed by your parents .... you might wanna give excuses may be because you emanate through the Islamic system.. that I won't argue about but the truth remains the truth , polygamy hasn't done the world any good .Even with very wealthy fams, the place for human flesh of greed , selfishness and pride will always show case it's self under such a system. Those with a single parenting might not really understand or be able to relate with this but I bet, those in this same shoes of polygamy would relate well. One man,- One woman has itt troubles but I can experiencially tell you ,it's can never be as traumatizing as the polygamous system.Dont even wish your enemy into it . Untill your sister is ready to let Slefishness and pride out her heart... The hate will continue and it might even get transcendental.
Yeah I can relate to some of your perspectives. You see the thing is we didn’t grew up together.i stayed with my dad,my sister stayed with my aunt while the kid sister stayed with mum for a while before she moved to her dad relatives.To my own knowledge,the kid sister came to Lagos to stayed thru her sister and she once stayed with her and she told me how she treated her harshly.she looked after her shop when she was working in island,she looked after her first child when she was still working.she grew her shop to a stage where people thought she owns the shop because the shop was thriving.
What now brought this beef is what I can’t figure out.She said she doesn’t respect her enough,she took some people in the area as godmother,she doesn’t seek advise from her , she did her things without her and she doesn’t place in high esteem and I talked to the kid sister abt all she complained, she said she always go against her ideas.
Re: Disunity In Family by Foodqueen(f): 4:37pm On May 08, 2023
See as everything scatter, scatter like yam pepper.
Re: Disunity In Family by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:11pm On May 08, 2023
Why don't you leave your sisters alone and mind your business undecided
Re: Disunity In Family by frozen70(f): 9:04pm On May 08, 2023
calmandwild101:

I think you have tried and since your mum is in the house of your younger sister, just pay more attention to mum and keep loving your younger sister

So far her penny is not needed to take care of mum, just ignore her

Her type is one of those ladies that need to be worshipped and I don't think that is necessary now
Re: Disunity In Family by eben97: 9:41pm On May 08, 2023
calmandwild101:
Yeah I can relate to some of your perspectives. You see the thing is we didn’t grew up together.i stayed with my dad,my sister stayed with my aunt while the kid sister stayed with mum for a while before she moved to her dad relatives.To my own knowledge,the kid sister came to Lagos to stayed thru her sister and she once stayed with her and she told me how she treated her harshly.she looked after her shop when she was working in island,she looked after her first child when she was still working.she grew her shop to a stage where people thought she owns the shop because the shop was thriving.
What now brought this beef is what I can’t figure out.She said she doesn’t respect her enough,she took some people in the area as godmother,she doesn’t seek advise from her , she did her things without her and she doesn’t place in high esteem and I talked to the kid sister abt all she complained, she said she always go against her ideas.
women and ego ,things men can ignore and let slide ,but the average woman won't.If the lady in question is her daughter will she react same way ?she shouldn't forget the upbringing, environment and even mother differ !!so tension will brew once in a while ,but people grow more mature as they age and not the other way round. The maternal difference and polygamy factor comes to play here.My half others too try to play same card with me, but I am not the type that can be blackmailed, I also do not play the emotion game,.... So I ignore ,let you Be or even even sideline you in way or the other . I just hope you sef won't thow that path bro,don't segment your family and tampr with the true destiny of your kids,you don't want to experience the side effect while still alive. My dad is still alive today but he wishes the card were turned over (if u understand my words)... Kids are now grown up and lots of things refuse to just SET OUT !!I AM D ONE TRYING TO GET things upright by fire by force .tell your kid sis to free the half ...she should be allowed to choose whoever she needs as counselor,Thier destiny differs and the kind of relationship they keep matters too.For the other lady to not make her a confido,it may be she gets counsels from outsider who read negative meanings to every thing they see around them.I wanna guess u guys are Omo SW, polygamy worst In that area, I speak so coz I be half SW , even when both parties choose to stay in peace , u will notice that wrong relatives and friends will show evil discord and seeds between them.This our people ehnnn!!once your kid sis knows the implications of not Ben in unity with her other half sis, she might wake up else in d nearest future the cracks would become widder and spread faster , particularly when d uniting factor is no more on the earth
Re: Disunity In Family by calmandwild101(m): 6:22am On May 09, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
Why don't you leave your sisters alone and mind your business undecided
No.I can’t leave them alone.they are my blood what if they are my children would I fold my hand watch them beefing each other?
Re: Disunity In Family by Chidi2022: 9:34am On May 09, 2023
calmandwild101:
No.I can’t leave them alone.they are my blood what if they are my children would I fold my hand watch them beefing each other?
My Yoruba people has one proverb that says IJA ILARA KIN TAN BORO.... That your evil hearted sister, i hope envy and jealousy will not be the end of her?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do For You? / BASICS FOR FAMILY LIFE / D Most Affordable Fueless And Smokeless Gen. (inverters) Up For Grab!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.