Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,376 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. (1603 Views)

He Is Not A Tribalist When He Supports A Yoruba Woman To Win FCT Senate / The Yoruba Nation Supports The State Of Isreal / Dear South East, A Stitch In Time Saves Nine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Antivirus92(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2023
Blazebond:
DEAR SOUTHEAST AND IGBOS,I AM FROM THE SOUTH-SOUTH AND PROUDLY URHOBO AND I WILL NEVER EVER IDENTIFY AS AN IGBO OR SOUTHEASTERNAN,IF UNA LIKE MAKE UNA USE UNA PROPAGANDA LOAD ALL THE PAGES OF NAIRALAND AND MEDIA ALL OVER THE WORLD AND TO KEEP ON SAYING THAT THERE IS NO SOUTH-SOUTH BUT ONLY EASTERN NIGERIA,NA UNA KNOW AND MAKE UNA ALSO KNOW THE THE HATE FOR THE IGBOS WILL SOON START SPREADING IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH DUE TO SUCH UNGUARDED UTTERANCES FROM IMBECILES LIKE THIS POSTER AND HIS LIKES.
we care not about your urhobo or any nonsense u come from..

The only thing that make the south easterner have any form of attachment with the south south is the indigenous Igbos of the south south not some urhobo or anything.
Stop over estimating your importance.
I understood what the poster wrote, he tried to say that south south exists in no other place in the world except Nigeria. But your fool. ishness will not allow you read and understand.

We have nothing in common with urhobo, get it into your skull. If not for some communities in delta North, Igbo man will be looking at delta state the way we look at Niger state.

Stop grunting and have some sense
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by WesternPanzer: 10:59am On May 08, 2023
baretalk:

It's better for me to be close to yorubas than you loudmouths, South South and southwest have more in common, in our traditions, oduduwa, language, words, music and culture.

Oil Man from the West... Come clean. Hide no further. cheesy cheesy

My last comment to you wink wink
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2023
Take it or leave it.. delta is south south wether delta north, central or west... leave us out of ur bigotry na by force?!
Antivirus92:
we care not about your urhobo or any nonsense u come from..

The only thing that make the south easterner have any form of attachment with the south south is the indigenous Igbos of the south south not some urhobo or anything.
Stop over estimating your importance.
I understood what the poster wrote, he tried to say that south south exists in no other place in the world except Nigeria. But your fool. ishness will not allow you read and understand.

We have nothing in common with urhobo, get it into your skull. If not for some communities in delta North, Igbo man will be looking at delta state the way we look at Niger state.

Stop grunting and have some sense
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by richmond500: 11:05am On May 08, 2023
SpatialKing:

Don't be illiterate

Geopolitical Zone is completely different from Geographical cardinality, compass and direction...

Geographically there is nothing like [b]South South[/b]did they tell you South south is a geographical cardinality?

Oya, we in the region have accepted it, why are you crying more than the bereaved?

I
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Nobody: 11:11am On May 08, 2023
Christistruth02:

Ile Ife is older than Benin

The first Ogiso Ogodo of Igodomigodo was from Ile Ife
Not here to argue that. Just saying every tribe has its ancestry, which is different and peculiar. Let's keep to the context of the discussion.

1 Like

Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Antivirus92(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Take it or leave it.. delta is south south wether delta north, central or west... leave us out of ur bigotry na by force?!
we will not leave our kits and kin.
An ogwashiukwu man is more related to someone from anambra or enugu than he is to an urhobo man
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2023
Keep deceiving ursef... I dont have time to argue rubbish
Antivirus92:
we will not leave our kits and kin.
An ogwashiukwu man is more related to someone from anambra or enugu than he is to an urhobo man
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Christistruth02: 11:50am On May 08, 2023
JDistribute:

Not here to argue that. Just saying every tribe has its ancestry, which is different and peculiar. Let's keep to the context of the discussion.

Ok
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by CSTRR: 11:51am On May 08, 2023
richmond500:
Governor, there is SS, it's a geo-political zone,
UK has east midland, USA has Midwest, Nigeria has South south.

Before you claim to open my eyes, you should first understand the meaning of geo-political zone and be able to differentiate it from cardinal point.

Also nobody is falling for a trap, we in the SS region has not seen anything different from the big three, they are just power freak.

The reason why we align more with the igbos is because we share boundary with Almost all ur states and migration has made it possible to coexist, just like Edo aligns more with the Yorubas.
Except that, we are different from you people.
That guy is not Igbo.

He is trying to play divide and rule.
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by WesternPanzer: 12:03pm On May 08, 2023
CSTRR:

That guy is not Igbo.

Nwanne abum ezigbo onye igbo more than you. But very soon, unu ga amata ifem na ekwu.

Chelu mgbe omere... Anam agwa gi ihea maka na ebum na uche na ibu onye igbo oo.

Makana Onwekwara ike iburu onye ofe mmanu.
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 08, 2023
Christistruth02:

Ok
You and I know that argument/debate is laced with sentiments, folklore and myths. Prior to the Ogiso dynasty, there was the ogodomigodo era. Archeologists and evidence that still exists today, like the Benin moat, Benin city walls, ivory works, arts and carvings, shows the empire has lasted millennials. For a people to build such works, it shows some level of organization, knowledge and systems. These are not built or imbibed in a day. Rationally and reasonably, the longer a people have existed as an organized entity, the more developed they become. I think the existence of this empire precedes the Obaship title, the Obaship was imbibed somewhere around the third or fourth dynasty, and the origins of the Obaship is Benin kingdom, Oba of Lagos and Erelu Dosumu touched on this on some interviews. The story that an Ife Prince came down to Benin, is at best folklore or myth, which is allowed, but not reasonable when looked into, how can a people with their empire with clear lines of secession just allow a person from another tribe come rule them, if it was a nascent people or tribe it's different, the only way that would happen is if they were conquered, and there is no record of fighting or war between Benin and Ile-Ife in history. The whole of the cultural and traditional world pay Oba of Benin that homage, as the grand patron of the Obaship. Recent history of the 18th and 19th century, how Benin kingdom held sway, in areas like Idumagbo, Lagos island axis, would tell you something. So many names, for example Osa, is an Edo word for forest, so Edo people have never been under occupation, till they faced the British... Once again like I said, not trying to argue, just want to shed some light, and engage in some intellectual excercise, so readers can come to their own conclusions.

Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by 7lives: 12:26pm On May 08, 2023
JDistribute:

You and I know that argument/debate is laced with sentiments, folklore and myths. Prior to the Ogiso dynasty, there was the ogodomigodo era. Archeologists and evidence that still exists today, like the Benin moat, Benin city walls, ivory works, arts and carvings, shows the empire has lasted millennials. For a people to build such works, it shows some level of organization, knowledge and systems. These are not built or imbibed in a day. Rationally and reasonably, the longer a people have existed as an organized entity, the more developed they become. I think the existence of this empire precedes the Obaship title, the Obaship was imbibed somewhere around the third or fourth dynasty, and the origins of the Obaship is Benin kingdom, Oba of Lagos and Erelu Dosumu touched on this on some interviews. The story that an Ife Prince came down to Benin, is at best folklore or myth, which is allowed, but not reasonable when looked into, how can a people with their empire with clear lines of secession just allow a person from another tribe come rule them, if it was a nascent people or tribe it's different, the only way that would happen is if they were conquered, and there is no record of fighting or war between Benin and Ile-Ife in history. The whole of the cultural and traditional world pay Oba of Benin that homage, as the grand patron of the Obaship. Recent history of the 18th and 19th century, how Benin kingdom held sway, in areas like Idumagbo, Lagos island axis, would tell you something. So many names, for example Osa, is an Edo word for forest, so Edo people have never been under occupation, till they faced the British... Once again like I said, not trying to argue, just want to shed some light, and engage in some intellectual excercise, so readers can come to their own conclusions.

What is Sungbo Eredo wall image doing inside Benin kingdom history?.
Take am easy o.
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 08, 2023
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by richmond500: 12:37pm On May 08, 2023
CSTRR:

That guy is not Igbo.

He is igbo, they have been doing this SS/SE brotherhood for years even when we told them to give it a rest.

Edo aligns well with Yorubas, when it was time to differentiate it, they told them, "Edo no be Lagos". The Yorubas quickly got the message and halt their pursuit, today the bromance between Edo and Yoruba is still strong.
But these obidients, whenever you tell them, SS is not igbo, you could get insulted for no reason, they will even leave their SE and tell you they want to conduct a referendum in the SS, WTF? and the relationship between SS and SE is getting weaker but they too blind to see it

1 Like

Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Christistruth02: 1:40pm On May 08, 2023
JDistribute:

But you just said we should not get into any argument and I said Ok

JDistribute:

Not here to argue that. Just saying
every tribe has its ancestry, which is different and peculiar. Let's keep to the context of the discussion.
Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by CSTRR: 2:48pm On May 08, 2023
richmond500:
He is igbo, they have been doing this SS/SE brotherhood for years even when we told them to give it a rest.

Edo aligns well with Yorubas, when it was time to differentiate it, they told them, "Edo no be Lagos". The Yorubas quickly got the message and halt their pursuit, today the bromance between Edo and Yoruba is still strong.
But these obidients, whenever you tell them, SS is not igbo, you could get insulted for no reason, they will even leave their SE and tell you they want to conduct a referendum in the SS, WTF? and the relationship between SS and SE is getting weaker but they too blind to see it
Igbos don't need to be this idiotic to attach to the south South.

The South South is already politically and culturally aligned to the East.

So what are you talking about?

Edo state has no problem with anybody as far as I know.

They are independent, culturally and politically.

1 Like

Re: Dear "SOUTH SOUTH", The IGBO NATION Supports A Southern Senate Presidency. by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 08, 2023
Christistruth02:

But you just said we should not get into any argument and I said Ok

Just a little clarification. Both are ancient traditions and peoples, let's leave it at that, saying one came from the other is a statement of fallacy. We must not push false narratives. It is important to clarify this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Labour Party at Today's Court: We Are Not Ready / BREAKING: Chief Imam, Okada Rider Killed In Fresh Plateau Attack / When Peter Obi Was Governor, By 1am, He Said,okey,see How Much I’ve Saved Toda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.