Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? (4882 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Vs Iniesta (who Is The Better Midfielder?) / Kelvin Odinaka Shot Dead By UK Police / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Eamon37000: 8:27am On May 08, 2023
Kelvin De Bruyne and Luka Modric are two of the most talented and successful midfielders in the world. Both players have achieved great success in their respective leagues, with De Bruyne winning the Premier League Player of the Year award in 2020 and Modric winning the Ballon d'Or in 2018. When it comes to work rate, De Bruyne is the clear winner. He is known for his tireless running and ability to cover every blade of grass on the pitch. He is also a creative force, providing assists and scoring goals from midfield. His passing accuracy is also impressive, with an average of 87.3% in the Premier League last season. Modric, on the other hand, is more of a playmaker. He is known for his ability to pick out a pass and create chances for his teammates. He is also a great dribbler, often taking on defenders and creating space for his team. His passing accuracy is also impressive, with an average of 86.2% in La Liga last season.

When it comes to defensive work, De Bruyne is again the clear winner. He is known for his ability to win the ball back and break up opposition attacks. He is also a great tackler, often winning the ball back in dangerous areas. His defensive work rate is also impressive, with an average of 2.7 tackles per game in the Premier League last season. Modric is more of an attacking midfielder, and his defensive work rate is not as impressive as De Bruyne's. He is known for his ability to pick out a pass and create chances for his team, but he is not as good at winning the ball back and breaking up opposition attacks. His defensive work rate is also not as impressive, with an average of 1.3 tackles per game in La Liga last season.

Overall, when it comes to work rate and league performance, De Bruyne is the clear winner. He is a tireless runner, a creative force, and a great defender. He is also a great passer and has an impressive passing accuracy. Modric is a great playmaker and a great dribbler, but his defensive work rate is not as impressive as De Bruyne's. Both players have achieved great success in their respective leagues, but when it comes to work rate and defensive ability, De Bruyne is the clear winner.

Written by Victor Imoh Orobor

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by SucroseDeport: 9:08am On May 08, 2023
Sentiment aside, Kelvin Is better.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Peacecore: 9:16am On May 08, 2023
As we speak like this, KDB is the best Midfielder in the world

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by oloriooko(m): 9:31am On May 08, 2023
Luka of course!
has won almost everything with Madrid
being in the finals of the world cup is not a joke
at his age still very relevant in Madrid
his defensive contribution to the team is what KDB lacks
KDB is an apprentice where Luka is

3 Likes

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Wawelexy(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2023
SucroseDeport:
Sentiment aside, Kelvin Is better.

Imagine what you are saying, well it's your opinion...

Modric should be placed side by sides with the likes of Zidane, Beckham, Pilot, Gerrard etc .. no doubt, KDB is good, but will never be a match with L. Modric

5 Likes

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by SucroseDeport: 10:12am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:

Modric should be placed side by sides with the likes of Zidane, Beckham, Pilot, Gerrard etc .. no doubt, KDB is good, but will never be a match with L. Modric
What makes a player great? Their contribution on the field of play, some players are lucky to be part of teams that win silverware, just like modric.

KDB has more goal contribution (by far) than modric despite less playing time.

For me, goal contribution is a more realistic way of ranking players, more realistic than silverware.

Even the style of play, the most exciting thing about KDB is his style, the way he dazzles, the touch, the pass etcetera.

You can't tell me that Giroud is better than Harry Kane.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Jokerman(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2023
Modric is already better than Xavi and Iniesta,before you bring KDB

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by SucroseDeport: 10:12am On May 08, 2023
Wawelexy:

Beckham is overrated.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Eamon37000: 11:17am On May 08, 2023
SucroseDeport:

What makes a player great? Their contribution on the field of play, some players are lucky to be part of teams that win silverware, just like modric.

For me, goal contribution is a more realistic way of ranking players, more realistic than silverware.

Even the style of play, the most exciting thing about KDB is his style, the way he dazzles, the touch, the pass etcetera.

Nice point bro

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by ThierryJay: 12:37pm On May 08, 2023
Jokerman:

Stop the blasphemy bro. Iniesta is one of the GOAT of midfielders and the only reason he lacks a B dor was that he competed against prime Messi.

Iniesta of 2008 - 2015 is better than any version of Modric. Check all the classicos involving the two and see how Iniesta always bossed Modric.

Iniesta won Spain a WC and was instrumental in 2 Euros aside club success.

Iniesta and Zidane are at par.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by pahars(m): 1:31pm On May 08, 2023
Modric of cos...De Byrne is good but he is more of Epl legend I dont think he has been very good in ucl or international stage.Modric is in the same bracket with Xavi and Iniesta

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by phr0nesis(m): 4:55pm On May 08, 2023
Judging by current form, KDB is better but overall I think Modric is better considering his contribution to his teams (Real Madrid and Croatia). Modric was instrumental in helping Madrid win back to back to back UCL and also led Croatia to the 2018 World cup final and a third place in the next edition. KDB has only achieved premier league glory and nothing with his country (Belgium is even ranked higher than Croatia)

3 Likes

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Eamon37000: 7:49pm On May 08, 2023
phr0nesis:
Judging by current form, KDB is better but overall I think Modric is better considering his contribution to his teams (Real Madrid and Croatia). Modric was instrumental in helping Madrid win back to back to back UCL and also led Croatia to the 2018 World cup final and a third place in the next edition. KDB has has only achieved premier league glory and nothing with his country (Belgium is even ranked higher than Croatia)

Will it be fair to say Pedro is a better footballer than cr7 because Pedro has won literally every trophies that has come his way... Judging by your statement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by phr0nesis(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2023
Eamon37000:

Will it be fair to say Pedro is a better footballer than cr7 because Pedro has won literally every trophies that has come his way... Judging by your statement
Please read my statement again and try to understand it. Modric was instrumental (meaning he made massive contribution to his team winning the UCLs). At that time, you can't mention 3 most important players in Madrid without mentioning Modric. There's no way you can talk about Croatia's world cup campaign without calling Modric (in fact he was their best player throughout that campaign). Can you say the same about Pedro in Spain and Barcelona?

4 Likes

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:10am On May 09, 2023
It would be clearer if they swap places.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by dododawa1: 11:18am On May 09, 2023
Both,but as GALATICOS Modric
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by flexyrule(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2023
SucroseDeport:

Your last statement nailed it.

Intelligient arguement...

Points driven.

No insults.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by fkelly(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2023
Jokerman:

Modric is good but Xavi is in a class of its own.

He defined the game tikitaka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Eamon37000: 10:35pm On May 09, 2023
King kdb against modric Real Madrid just now

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Numerouno94(m): 1:40pm On May 10, 2023
ThierryJay:

Stop the blasphemy bro. Iniesta is one of the GOAT of midfielders and the only reason he lacks a B dor was that he competed against prime Messi.

Iniesta of 2008 - 2015 is better than any version of Modric. Check all the classicos involving the two and see how Iniesta always bossed Modric.

Iniesta won Spain a WC and was instrumental in 2 Euros aside club success.

Iniesta and Zidane are at par.

Jux leave Jokerman, na bad bele dey worry am. If not madness, who compares Modric to Iniesta "The tiki taka mastro, the GOAT of Midfield. Iniesta and Xavi re in a class of their own.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Numerouno94(m): 1:48pm On May 10, 2023
Jokerman:

Ur bad bele 2much. How does it sound to u comparing Modric to Iniesta and Xavi?

Jokerman, it's high time u turned a new leaf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Numerouno94(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2023
It's unfair to compare a 37yr old Modric to a 31yr old KDB.

3 Likes

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by AImiron: 3:47pm On May 10, 2023
Jokerman:
You're losing it lately bro, I understand the pain is some much for you too handle, Treble is coming this season. I like when you Pendu fans are in pain, it gives me a lot of joy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by AImiron: 3:47pm On May 10, 2023
fkelly:

Modric is good but Xavi is in a class of its own.

He defined the game tikitaka.

He's high on Ice, kindly ignore him. He's a Pendu and man utd fan, alot is going through him.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by AImiron: 3:48pm On May 10, 2023
Jokerman:
show me Modric's World cup medal.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by AImiron: 3:50pm On May 10, 2023
Numerouno94:

Jux leave Jokerman, na bad bele dey worry am. If not madness, who compares Modric to Iniesta "The tiki taka mastro, the GOAT of Midfield. Iniesta and Xavi re in a class of their own.
na madness indeed, e be like say e don dey carry ice, he's losing it lately.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by ThierryJay: 4:37pm On May 10, 2023
Numerouno94:

Lol, Joker na cruise guy. He just likes to wind up Messi and Barca fans because of wetin dem do his teams in the past.

Deep down, he accepts Messi's superiority.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by OJEEMAH(m): 5:15pm On May 10, 2023
ThierryJay:

Lol, Joker na cruise guy. He just likes to wind up Messi and Barca fans because of wetin dem do his teams in the past.

I saw the comment but I didn’t bother to respond cos e clear say joker no go pick Modric ahead of Iniesta or Xavi
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by ThierryJay: 6:22pm On May 10, 2023
OJEEMAH:
I saw the comment but I didn’t bother to respond cos e clear say joker no go pick Modric ahead of Iniesta or Xavi

I think so too bro. My reply was even targeted more at enlightening others who may have been swayed by his comment than he himself.

Best midfielders of the 21st century (wingers and attacking midfielders like Dinho, Figo, Robben are excluded)

Tier 1 - Zidane, Iniesta, Xavi, Modric, Pirlo.

Tier 2 - Scholes, D. Silva, Lampard, Gerard, KDB, Busquets, Kroos, Yaya Toure, Sneijder, Rui Costa and maybe Fabregas

If KDB wins the UCL and does well in the Euros next year, he'll enter Tier 1. I already think he is the best midfielder of the EPL since 1992.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Jokerman(m): 6:45pm On May 10, 2023
cheesy

Pessi fans and their logic

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Numerouno94(m): 9:02pm On May 10, 2023
ThierryJay:

Exactly bro. Jokerman knws Messi is far superior to Pendu buh his luv for Pendu won't let him say so openly, but deep down he knws Messi is the GOAT.

I also recall wat Messi did to United in two ucl finals and equally did to Madrid in their domestic league, hence, he has all the reason to hate on Messi.
Re: Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? by Numerouno94(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2023
OJEEMAH:

Welcome back boss. Hope u gud?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef / Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? / Illuminati Sure Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.