Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef (4882 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named Africa's Best Player So Far / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / The Best Drogba Hair Cut Ever - Chelsea Fans No Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2006
Drogba is simply d best striker in africa right now. I KNOW ARSENAL AND OTHER ANTI CHELSEAFC HATE HIM.BUT LET'S BE FACTUAL, HARDLY DO U FIND ANY STRIKER WHO SCORES SO MUCH GOALS AND YET PREVENTS GOALS. did u watch d reading game where e prevented 'em 4m scoring an equaliser, there r many more including d barcelona game lasu year, He's simply d best!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2006
Am sure this thread was created to cause one of those foolish arguements.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by LanreDaMan(m): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2006
No arguments Here, Drogba is the Best African Striker.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by justkunmi(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2006
, and the argument begins
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 9:20am On Oct 26, 2006
Yolet's be African and give our west african brother some lil something. up drogba(i)
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 9:21am On Oct 26, 2006
Yo let's be African and give our west african brother some lil something. up drogba(i)
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by justkunmi(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2006
Mustay:

Yo let's be African and give our west african brother some lil something. up drogba(i)

give him some lil' something u say, even somethin he doesn't deserve?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2006
I wonder o
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 10:10am On Oct 26, 2006
Drogba is fantastic but eto is just the best.his records are there
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by pucho(m): 10:37am On Oct 26, 2006
I DONT LIKE THE GUY BUT I FEEL HE DESERVES TO BE aFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR 2006. HE DESERVES IT.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2006
Tosinadeda u r yarning Dust!ALL D AFRICAN AWARDS(EXCEPT FIFA) WASN'T IT SOME FEW POINTS ETO'O HAD OVA HIM.i like when Arsenal and others hate him- it makes me happy especially when Drogba scores a fantastic goal. Oba Drogba(i) shall live long, Ase!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2006
Tosinadeda u r yarning Dust!ALL D AFRICAN AWARDS(EXCEPT FIFA) WASN'T IT SOME FEW POINTS ETO'O HAD OVA HIM.i like when Arsenal and others hate him- it makes me happy especially when Drogba scores a fantastic goal. Oba Drogba(i) shall live long, Ase!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 9:31am On Oct 27, 2006
I didnt give him the award,so when i said the record speaks for itself,i had a point.so if u say am yarning dust for saying the truth, then am sorry cos ure only being unrealistically bias
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2006
Na na na tosinadeda. I'm just making u realize that if both duo could be nominated alongside, it means there's little difference.Only Human beings decipher in d cases, abi didn't Henry deserve d fifa award?I JUST LOVE HIM!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by pucho(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2006
Guys lets look at it like this i"m a redblooded Gunner but i feel it is ryte to say drogba has done well this year atleast he got his team to the nations cup final. he has scored great goals even off the bench and saved his Moaning Coach and inept team a lot of times comeon who else has that kind of form now. Let him have it. i just hope CAF will consider defenders for the award.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by vichel(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2006
Am an arsenal fan and i dislike chelsea, but i think Didier drogba currently is the best striker in the world. People say the only thing he does is he gets himself into positions, but isn't that what a striker is supposed to do?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by lordimpaq(m): 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2006
vichel:

Am an arsenal

Congratulations for being part of a youthful team, minus henry and lehmann

vichel:

i dislike chelsea,

who cares if u like them, that statement is of hatred and totally unnecessary, it is just an unwarranted need of attention

vichel:

but i think Didier drogba currently is the best striker in the world.

currently the best striker in africa not the world, because u've forgotten the likes of david villa and d revived fernando morientes of valencia, Ruud van nistelrooy, Militio, Peter Odemwingie, miroslav klose, pauleta, well its understandable, its because your scope does not extend the shores of england, and maybe you're restricting your view of football to the english premiership,

or did someone tell u that if u play and win the best premiership player u automaticall become world footballer of the year, (sighs) mistake man, mistake,

vichel:

People say the only thing he does is he gets himself into positions, but isn't that what a striker is supposed to do?

people say, man,, what is your own opinion of him,

well in my own opinion i think you are influenced by what people say and u also ride on other people's opinion rather than making your own judgement of such situations as these,

and u sound confused with this
vichel:

but isn't that what a striker is supposed to do?

what else is a striker supposed to do,

man, you're confused.

finally don't blame for this, its just me, but your posts were too, men i don;t know the word for it, go find out,

i love u man, i really do,
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by nosa101(f): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2006
lordimpaq:

who cares if u like them, that statement is of hatred and totally unnecessary, it is just an unwarranted need of attention

currently the best striker in africa not the world, because u've forgotten the likes of david villa and d revived fernando morientes of valencia, Ruud van nistelrooy, Militio, Peter Odemwingie, miroslav klose, [b]tim borowsk[/b]i, pauleta, well its understandable, its because your scope does not extend the shores of england, and maybe you're restricting your view of football to the english premiership,

or did someone tell u that if u play and win the best premiership player u automaticall become world footballer of the year, (sighs) mistake man, mistake,

well in my own opinion i think you are influenced by what people say and u also ride on other people's opinion rather than making your own judgement of such situations as these,

man, you're confused.

finally don't blame for this, its just me, but your posts were too, men i don;t know the word for it, go find out,

Borowski is a midfielder
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by lordimpaq(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2006
@nosa

i'll correct that, thanx man, i meant to say lucas pudolski
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by hucarson(m): 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2006
Etoo is clearly a better striker than Drogba from all perspectives.
Samuel Etoo is all about pace, movement, positioning, aerial prowess and strength.
He is the best striker in Spain and his recent injury has left Barca in tatters.

Didier Drogba has no pace though also good in the air but i dont think he is better than Etoo aerially.
Etoo has won Champions league this season, won the golden boot in Spain, led Cameroon to ANC 2006 S/finals with Spanish La Liga under his belt.
The award is pointing in one directiion and that is Cameroon.

Samuel Etoo all the way.
Cheers, mate!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by lordimpaq(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2006
@hucarson,

it was ANC quarterfinals, they were beaten by the ivorians in the quarterfinals, via a penalty shootout,

but for now, drogba is africa's best, but drogba is not better than etooo, everyone knows that
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 12:56am On Oct 28, 2006
yeah yeah eto'o is also good but does he come back to help his defence? NO! drogba is an inspiration to d Ivoiriens and I now understand y mourinho plays him even when he's not on form. Mourinho says " I could go 2 every war with him". Abrahamovich also likes him, U know it's rare to hear white men LOVING black guys, Oba Drogba shall live long_ Ashe!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by mrkennyng: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2006
Drogba is the best thing to have happened to Africa in recent time.No doubt about it brother
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by CrazyMan(m): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2006
hucarson:

Etoo is clearly a better striker than Drogba from all perspectives.
Samuel Etoo is all about pace, movement, positioning, aerial prowess and strength.
He is the best striker in Spain and his recent injury has left Barca in tatters.

Didier Drogba has no pace though also good in the air but i don't think he is better than Etoo aerially.
Etoo has won Champions league this season, won the golden boot in Spain, led Cameroon to ANC 2006 S/finals with Spanish La Liga under his belt.
The award is pointing in one directiion and that is Cameroon.

Samuel Etoo all the way.
Cheers, mate!!!!!!!!!!!
I argee with you

Eto'o is better that Drogba
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2006
U are right mr. KennyngChelseafc vs Sheffield, 15th minute-Drogba prevents sheffield from scoring a goal and seconds later oops! He causes a penalty! Anyway thank goodness hilario saves d poor penalty! Such things happen sha. IMAGINE D COMMENTATOR says dt d club has spent a lot on Drogba and shevy and sheffield has neva spent up to that in their history, men we are too RICH!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2006
lordimpaq:

currently the best striker in africa not the world, because u've forgotten the likes of david villa and d revived fernando morientes of valencia, Ruud van nistelrooy, Militio, Peter Odemwingie, miroslav klose, pauleta, well its understandable, its because your scope does not extend the shores of england, and maybe you're restricting your view of football to the english premiership,

man, you're confused.

@Lordimpaq

What was all these about?

You sound much more confused yourself and i dont know why you take on people later to start apologising after hurting theur feelings, wasn't Vichel entitled to his opinion or must you be the only gunner to express your feelings? shocked shocked cool
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Jackal(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2006
Etoo is the best striker in the world at the moment and thats OFFICIAL.
I heard someone say Drogba helps in the defence--what bollocks?
Drogba helping out the defence is a gross mis-appropriation of responsibilities.

The role of any striker is to put the ball at the back of the net.
I dunno what any out and out striker should be doing in the defence helping out.
How many times have u seen Thierry Henry or Ruud Van Nistelrooy helping the defence.
U cannot judge Drogba better than Etoo based on the help he offers the defence.

Etoo is sharper and poses more threat than any African striker in the world at the moment.
Barca has surely missed him which explains why they lost the el-clasico and to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The Barca attack lacks the cutting edge Etoo provides when he combines with Dinho and Leo Messi.
Gudjohnsen in place of Etoo is like replacing Francis Jeffers for Thierry Henry at Arsenal.
Its a round peg in a square hole.

ETOO is the man.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2006
Jackal u r simply WRONG! IF HENRY DOESN'T HELP D DEFENCE, U WON'T FEEL HIS PRESENCE IN D GAME. that's d more reason y i like martins&shevchenko, when dey r not being fed upfront, they go n'search 4 d ball or did u feel eto's presence in d uefa final against arsenal? No, but u definitely felt drogba's presence against liverpool both in d league n' uefa, a striker s meant2 struggle4 D ball & nt stay put in 1position. Am sure that's y mourinho neva drops out DROGBA, MAY HE LIVE LONG-ase!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2006
Jackal u r simply WRONG! IF HENRY DOESN'T HELP D DEFENCE, U WON'T FEEL HIS PRESENCE IN D GAME. that's d more reason y i like martins&shevchenko, when dey r not being fed upfront, they go n'search 4 d ball or did u feel eto's presence in d uefa final against arsenal? No, but u definitely felt drogba's presence against liverpool both in d league n' uefa, a striker s meant2 struggle4 D ball & nt stay put in 1position. Am sure that's y mourinho neva drops out DROGBA, MAY HE LIVE LONG-ase!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2006
@jackal
na wa o
how can an injured striker b d best striker in the world at the MOMENT
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2006
@Tosin, that's why we have our personal opinions hence don't be surprised if someone tells u Ronaldo is the best striker at the moment, need i expantiate?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2006
Naah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Illuminati Sure Prediction / Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? / Photos: Lionel Messi And Cesc Fàbregas With Their Families On Yacht In Ibiza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.