Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! (1028 Views)

Am Done Building My Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway After 11 Months / My Tech Journey: Noob To Noggler (google) In One Year. / Currently Building My First Ecommerce Site From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2023
This is my entrepreneurship and tech Startup Journey. I hope my experiences might inspire someone here to build his own tech company and sell and change his or her life.

I started reading the rich Dad poor Dad book and that book changed my mindset about work and goals. I enrolled into Y combinator Startupschool 2019 and I was blown by the number of young people building tech companies. My own startup idea was to build a marketplace to hire talents. Something similar to Upwork. I met a lot of great minds, software engineers and high value Investors during my Startupschool experience, one of them is Cindy Bi, GP at Capital X, we are so close together as if she's my MOM 😁. I never built the marketplace, I failed after graduating from Startupschool 2019.

Again, I enrolled for 2020 program. This time my Startup idea was to build a self driving car company (I got inspired when the CEO of cruise self driving car company started following me on Twitter) . I enrolled to study sensor fusion engineer with Udacity so I can learn to build my self driving cars. (I was just a young boy that was high. I will explain later) . I said I was high because the type of people building this kind I companies were right software engineers from MIT, Standford not an average Nigeria young Nigeria developer with no experience that time in COMPUTER VISION.

I discovered during my research that self driving car companies are HARDTECH, it will require me at least $110,000 to build a prototype ( My approach to build a self driving car was to RETROFIT not build from scratch just like Voyage self driving cars. I have a software engineer background not MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 😁).

After some deep self searching, I know I don't have the money to build such a company. I stopped immediately and after graduating from Startupschool 2020 with my failed startup, I gave up on entrepreneurship.

One day I discovered an essay by Naval on "How to get rich"

That essay reignited my entrepreneurship spirit. But I want to use the divide and conquer approach.
Let me start again by being in the venture capital industry, this will give me the opportunity to see a lot of Startup ideas and perhaps I might come up with something unique to build.

I enrolled as a venture scout with different VC forms and was accepted ( A lot of investors already knew me from Y combinator Startupschool 2019)

After been exposed to the venture capital world as a seed scout . I noticed that most Startup founders gained financial freedom by building a mini Startup and selling it. This was what I learnt from the two books "Rich Dad poor Dad" and "Business school book written by rich Dad poor Dad authors"

I carefully did some research about Microacquire, a platform where people go and sell their startup. I noticed startups selling for $15,000, $50,000, $100,000 and even some selling for over $7M

I started following in their Twitter feeds and the CEO tweets. I saw the light one day he tweeted that if your startup can make a little Revenue and you have a website, you can sell on Microacquire.

While trying to buy a domain name for my new Startup, I was presented with something strange. "This domain is a premium domain" and it cost was $25,000 😳

I was wondering why someone would buy a domain name for that amount. I started doing research into premium domain names. I discovered some domain names even sold for over $30M, that's crazy πŸ€” . I also learnt a new concept during the process of my research ,"Domain name brokers", they were talking about"Domain names are liquid assets". I remember I read about liquid assets from the book, Rich Dad poor Dad.

I started doing research into liquid assets and discovered it's true. Domain names are liquid assets. They have valuations and you can use it as collateral for many institutions including collecting loans from bank.

So I started my research again into how to build a tech Startup and sell fast. I came across a YouTube video I can't remember the name but this guy was talking about starting a domain selling business. That's it very cheap to start and you can "EASILY SELL THE BUSINESS WHEN YOU START TO MAKE PROFITS". I was like this is what I've been looking for. In the video, he talked about a free white label domain selling company which I quickly went to register.

So the white label domain Company has something like a cpanel where you can connect your own domain name and they will create a domain marketplace for you with the domain names they want you to sell. You will earn 10% commission on the sale of each domain name.
Also I was shocked when I saw you CAN ALSO SELL YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAMES IN YOUR MARKETPLACE.

So my goal was to have a domain selling business and buy Domain names are my Startup liquid assets (which will increase my Startup valuation when I want to sell the company on Microacquire)

The CEO of Microacquire highlighted that there's no way buyers will come when it's not a registered entity. It served as a protection. So o quickly went and got my Startup registered in the USA FOR JUST $1. I already had an EIN from a previous tech Startup journey.

So now I have my domain marketplace website, my Startup is registered in the USA ,so now how do I get premium Domain names to add to my Startup asserts as "liquid assets".

I started searching for Domain name appraisal tool. I stumbled across GoDaddy Domain appraisal tool. So I will input random Domain names and it will tell me the domain worth and valuation, how much is the worth of each keywords in the domain, previous Domain sold that matches the one you are trying to get the valuation.

I noticed a strange thing. I noticed UK Domain names extension had higher valuation than a COM Domain and many of the domain names been sold were UK Domain extension. E shock me o

So what I did was to start researching how to come up with high value Domain names idea. I came up with 20 short Domain name ideas related to Food, health, crypto and AI.

This is where my crazy experiment started.

I will go to Namecheap to search for the UK Domain extension, if it's available, I go back to Goddady and check the domain valuation. Omo I was seeing Domain valuation $4,600+, some of them were even valuaed at even $5,700 πŸ˜³πŸ€‘πŸ˜±

So I ended buying 16 Domain names with a combined valuation of $57,000 πŸ€‘
So I went back to the registered agent that incorporated my startup in the USA to add those Domain names and their valuation to my company assets.

So now what's my goal.
My goal now is for my domain selling website to be profitable, when it get profitable (because people who want to buy your business want to see you're making profits), I will then list it for sale on Microacquire.

And I know I will hit a life changing deal on Microacquire

When my Startup get sold , I WILL REPEAT THE CIRCLE

I know I might get a non-compete agreement on Microacquire, so I will go into a web hosting company, buy more premium Domain, add them to my liquid assets and sell the company on Microacquire.

From my personal point of view, building a mini Startup to sell is more achievable than Silicon Valley Billion dollars company ideas

So the fourth Circle, I will do something different. By then I will have had a lot of experience building a company and selling it, I will start working on a possible Silicon Valley type of Company, a company that will have "NETWORK EFFECT"

Then I will pitch my new company to my venture capital firm, Calm Company fund, from there I proceed t Y combinator accelerator program.

Ps. You might have noticed I withheld the names of my Registered Business, Domain marketplace and premium Domain names. I will release all the info here when my company get acquired.

So I hope my journey night get you inspired into building your own tech Startup.

If you have any tech Startup experience to share, I will love to learn from the experts and gurus here.

3 Likes

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by judatech: 10:12am On May 08, 2023
This really nice... following...love your energy...
But from the look of things... someone needs a lot of capital to attempt this
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2023
judatech:
This really nice... following...love your energy...
But from the look of things... someone needs a lot of capital to attempt this

Thanks so much. Yes you're correct with regards to the capital. My main source of capital actually was from Crypto ICO projects I invested in that got me funds.

I made some huge funds from investing in crypto. I started pumping them into those my tech Startup ideas in the hope I hit big one day 😁.

It's crazy but no risk no gain.
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by judatech: 10:25am On May 08, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Thanks so much. Yes you're correct with regards to the capital. My main source of capital actually was from Crypto ICO projects I invested in that got me funds.

I made some huge funds from investing in crypto. I started pumping them into those my tech Startup ideas in the hope I hit bug one day 😁.
How can we chat?

It's crazy but no risk no gain.
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 08, 2023
Nice one

But I'msurprised how you registered a business in USA for $1 even indian business registration ain't that cheap.

Or by registering a business/entity you mean something entirely different.

To even get an EIN in USA/UK you'd spend not less than $50-100 even if you follow magu magu means like getting that stuff from darkweb.

Also... Most classic gTLD that people actually buy when they're aged and SEO optimized can't be seen at $1 even with promo
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by hoyean(m): 4:19pm On May 08, 2023
Bloomsbury:
This is my entrepreneurship and tech Startup Journey. I hope my experiences might inspire someone here to build his own tech company and sell and change his or her life.

I started reading the rich Dad poor Dad book and that book changed my mindset about work and goals. I enrolled into Y combinator Startupschool 2019 and I was blown by the number of young people building tech companies. My own startup idea was to build a marketplace to hire talents. Something similar to Upwork. I met a lot of great minds, software engineers and high value Investors during my Startupschool experience, one of them is Cindy Bi, GP at Capital X, we are so close together as if she's my MOM 😁. I never built the marketplace, I failed after graduating from Startupschool 2019.

Again, I enrolled for 2020 program. This time my Startup idea was to build a self driving car company (I got inspired when the CEO of cruise self driving car company started following me on Twitter) . I enrolled to study sensor fusion engineer with Udacity so I can learn to build my self driving cars. (I was just a young boy that was high. I will explain later) . I said I was high because the type of people building this kind I companies were right software engineers from MIT, Standford not an average Nigeria young Nigeria developer with no experience that time in COMPUTER VISION.

I discovered during my research that self driving car companies are HARDTECH, it will require me at least $110,000 to build a prototype ( My approach to build a self driving car was to RETROFIT not build from scratch just like Voyage self driving cars. I have a software engineer background not MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 😁).

After some deep self searching, I know I don't have the money to build such a company. I stopped immediately and after graduating from Startupschool 2020 with my failed startup, I gave up on entrepreneurship.

That essay reignited my entrepreneurship spirit. But I want to use the divide and conquer approach.
Let me start again by being in the venture capital industry, this will give me the opportunity to see a lot of Startup ideas and perhaps I might come up with something unique to build.

I enrolled as a venture scout with different VC forms and was accepted ( A lot of investors already knew me from Y combinator Startupschool 2019)

After been exposed to the venture capital world as a seed scout . I noticed that most Startup founders gained financial freedom by building a mini Startup and selling it. This was what I learnt from the two books "Rich Dad poor Dad" and "Business school book written by rich Dad poor Dad authors"

I carefully did some research about Microacquire, a platform where people go and sell their startup. I noticed startups selling for $15,000, $50,000, $100,000 and even some selling for over $7M

I started following in their Twitter feeds and the CEO tweets. I saw the light one day he tweeted that if your startup can make a little Revenue and you have a website, you can sell on Microacquire.

While trying to buy a domain name for my new Startup, I was presented with something strange. "This domain is a premium domain" and it cost was $25,000 😳

I was wondering why someone would buy a domain name for that amount. I started doing research into premium domain names. I discovered some domain names even sold for over $30M, that's crazy πŸ€” . I also learnt a new concept during the process of my research ,"Domain name brokers", they were talking about"Domain names are liquid assets". I remember I read about liquid assets from the book, Rich Dad poor Dad.

I started doing research into liquid assets and discovered it's true. Domain names are liquid assets. They have valuations and you can use it as collateral for many institutions including collecting loans from bank.

So I started my research again into how to build a tech Startup and sell fast. I came across a YouTube video I can't remember the name but this guy was talking about starting a domain selling business. That's it very cheap to start and you can "EASILY SELL THE BUSINESS WHEN YOU START TO MAKE PROFITS". I was like this is what I've been looking for. In the video, he talked about a free white label domain selling company which I quickly went to register.

So the white label domain Company has something like a cpanel where you can connect your own domain name and they will create a domain marketplace for you with the domain names they want you to sell. You will earn 10% commission on the sale of each domain name.
Also I was shocked when I saw you CAN ALSO SELL YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAMES IN YOUR MARKETPLACE.

So my goal was to have a domain selling business and buy Domain names are my Startup liquid assets (which will increase my Startup valuation when I want to sell the company on Microacquire)

The CEO of Microacquire highlighted that there's no way buyers will come when it's not a registered entity. It served as a protection. So o quickly went and got my Startup registered in the USA FOR JUST $1. I already had an EIN from a previous tech Startup journey.

So now I have my domain marketplace website, my Startup is registered in the USA ,so now how do I get premium Domain names to add to my Startup asserts as "liquid assets".

I started searching for Domain name appraisal tool. I stumbled across GoDaddy Domain appraisal tool. So I will input random Domain names and it will tell me the domain worth and valuation, how much is the worth of each keywords in the domain, previous Domain sold that matches the one you are trying to get the valuation.

I noticed a strange thing. I noticed UK Domain names extension had higher valuation than a COM Domain and many of the domain names been sold were UK Domain extension. E shock me o

So what I did was to start researching how to come up with high value Domain names idea. I came up with 20 short Domain name ideas related to Food, health, crypto and AI.

I will go to Namecheap to search for the UK Domain extension, if it's available, I go back to Goddady and check the domain valuation. Omo I was seeing Domain valuation $4,600+, some of them were even valuaed at even $5,700 πŸ˜³πŸ€‘πŸ˜±

So I went back to the registered agent that incorporated my startup in the USA to add those Domain names and their valuation to my company assets.

So now what's my goal.
My goal now is for my domain selling website to be profitable, when it get profitable (because people who want to buy your business want to see you're making profits), I will then list it for sale on Microacquire.

I know I might get a non-compete agreement on Microacquire, so I will go into a web hosting company, buy more premium Domain, add them to my liquid assets and sell the company on Microacquire.

From my personal point of view, building a mini Startup to sell is more achievable than Silicon Valley Billion dollars company ideas

So the fourth Circle, I will do something different. By then I will have had a lot of experience building a company and selling it, I will start working on a possible Silicon Valley type of Company, a company that will have "NETWORK EFFECT"

Then I will pitch my new company to my venture capital firm, Calm Company fund, from there I proceed t Y combinator accelerator program.

Ps. You might have noticed I withheld the names of my Registered Business, Domain marketplace and premium Domain names. I will release all the info here when my company get acquired.

So I hope my journey night get you inspired into building your own tech Startup.

If you have any tech Startup experience to share, I will love to learn from the experts and gurus here.

Can you teach me crypto please
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by codeigniter(m): 12:12am On May 09, 2023
Bloomsbury:

So now what's my goal.

This is a crazy story I love it

1 Like

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by LikeAking: 1:59am On May 09, 2023
Getat!
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by koladata(m): 2:04am On May 09, 2023
But you’ve not made it . I love your story but I was waiting for the happy ending abi what did I miss
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
Nice one

But I'msurprised how you registered a business in USA for $1 even indian business registration ain't that cheap.

Or by registering a business/entity you mean something entirely different.

To even get an EIN in USA/UK you'd spend not less than $50-100 even if you follow magu magu means like getting that stuff from darkweb.

Also... Most classic gTLD that people actually buy when they're aged and SEO optimized can't be seen at $1 even with promo

Yes, I registered my S-corp for $1. Check my profile and you will see a link to a guide on how I did it.

I registered my UK company for just$ 12.

Like I said earlier, going through YC startupschool and being a VC scout exposed me to many things I didn't know existed.

For my EIN, I already has an EIN from my previously failed startup idea. EIN registration is FREE! Check the USA IRS website on how you can file for your free EIN.

For the UK domain names I buy, I spend €4 per domain. I've been in the startup industry for long, so I know a lot of loopholes now I will say.😁
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 1:11pm On May 09, 2023
hoyean:

Can you teach me crypto please

I offer professional executive coaching. When you subscribe for a class, I can add crypto to your coaching session.
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 1:17pm On May 09, 2023
koladata:
But you’ve not made it . I love your story but I was waiting for the happy ending abi what did I miss

Yes, I have not made it yet but am close.

Just yesterday, I bought 10 domain names that now have a combined liquid valuation of $37,000.

Adding my previous domain valuation, I have over $80,000 liquid assets owned my my tech startup.

I plan to sell this particular tech startup for $250,000 which i will try to push up by acquiring more domain names and making profit from my domain name marketplace.

Am looking at selling the company by December 2023.

January, I will launch a Crypto P2P marketplace
registered in the USA, a P2P delivery company in the USA and a domain hosting tech company registered in the UK.

YES I HAVEN'T MADE IT YET, BUT AM CLOSE TO HITTING BIG πŸ’°πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2023
LikeAking:
Getat!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 09, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Yes, I registered my S-corp for $1. Check my profile and you will see a link to a guide on how I did it.

I registered my UK company for just$ 12.

Like I said earlier, going through YC startupschool and being a VC scout exposed me to many things I didn't know existed.

For my EIN, I already has an EIN from my previously failed startup idea. EIN registration is FREE! Check the USA IRS website on how you can file for your free EIN.

For the UK domain names I buy, I spend €4 per domain. I've been in the startup industry for long, so I know a lot of loopholes now I will say.😁

I'll look it up thanks
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by koladata(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2023
Your tech startup is not solving any problem.... that's my only concern, if you look very very closely , you will find a problem you can solve with technology and this will be more worthy of selling.
Bloomsbury:

Just yesterday, I bought 10 domain names that now have a combined liquid valuation of $37,000.

Adding my previous domain valuation, I have over $80,000 liquid assets owned my my tech startup.

I plan to sell this particular tech startup for $250,000 which i will try to push up by acquiring more domain names and making profit from my domain name marketplace.

registered in the USA, a P2P delivery company in the USA and a domain hosting tech company registered in the UK.

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Lol imagination wan finish this one. Is such success in startups so easy and attainable grin grin

4 Likes

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 7:00pm On May 09, 2023
koladata:
Your tech startup is not solving any problem.... that's my only concern, if you look very very closely , you will find a problem you can solve with technology and this will be more worthy of selling.

Unlike you stated, my tech Startup is solving a problem. I provide a marketplace for people to list, buy and sell Domain names.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol imagination wan finish this one. Is such success in startups so easy and attainable grin grin

Your post shows you didn't read my entire Journey. You would have noticed I have failed with more than 3 startups which has consumed significant amount of my funds.

My imagination will pay off soon. Aleast I have an internet Business with liquid assets

1 Like

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by koladata(m): 1:16am On May 10, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Unlike you stated, my tech Startup is solving a problem. I provide a marketplace for people to list, buy and sell Domain names.

Though I don’t understand the problem it solves but I pray it works out for you. I like your energy . Keep it up
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 10:50am On May 10, 2023
Thanks for your encouragement. I will keep you updated on my journey when the company get acquired

1 Like

Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by YoobaNesan: 9:29am On May 11, 2023
You're receiving yourself.

What do you know about Domain names?
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Ajibade123(m): 4:45pm On May 11, 2023
Bloomsbury:

So now what's my goal.

those Startupschool you were attending were they free?
Re: This Is My Journey Building My Tech Startup. I Hope It Inspired You! by Bloomsbury(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2023
Startupschool is a free school for those who want to build a company. It is run by Y combinator, the biggest accelerator in the USA.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Project Help / How To Deploy An Asp.net Web Application / Develop Ubuntu Applications (using) Quickly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.