Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. (7390 Views)

The Use Of IREV-Portal And BVAS-Machines In Nigerian Elections: The Way Forward / Failure Of IREV Does Not Stop Collation Of Results - Supreme Court / PDP Rejects Katsina State Presidential Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 5:24pm On May 08, 2023
Kyase:

Hahaha
I think a truck was driven to court Premise in 2019 by pdp

And let me tell you, it was all those ballot papers shown on social media

Court will ask Inec to bring the original and it will be cross examine with what nannu lawyers present, so chill...

NB: Supreme Court or any court can't nullify the presidential election, why?
Inec is independent just like the judiciary, they can only make recommendations for inec
Garfield1
Fergie001

Come and hear Kyase say that Supreme Court has no power to nullify presidential election conducted by INEC because it’s independent.

But let me ask you very quickly, if your point is true, why has Supreme Court nullified governorship elections/declared another candidate several times.

Or how is presidential election different from governorship election?

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 5:25pm On May 08, 2023
SpatialKing:

Whenever you guys talk like this or make statements like this....
You do out of fear and uncertainty..

The only reason why court won't nullify the election is because the North and Yoruba people might burn down the country out of anger.....

Which north?

Who told you the north is with Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by garfield1: 5:33pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Garfield1
Fergie001

Come and hear Kyase say that Supreme Court has no power to nullify presidential election conducted by INEC because it’s independent.

But let me ask you very quickly, if your point is true, why has Supreme Court nullified governorship elections/declared another candidate several times.

Or how is presidential election different from governorship election?

Any election can be nullified but the larger the size,the harder it is to prove.courts easily nullify legislative polls but hardly nullify guber polls because of the enormousness of evidence.governorship is in just a state but yet it hardly gets upturned except by hope uzodinma who didn't complain of irregularities but smartly claimed he won bar wrong collation
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by SpatialKing(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Which north?

I suspect that too
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by garfield1: 5:34pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Which north?

Who did the vote for? Who were they supporting before the polls? Are they complaining? Are they with obi
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by SpatialKing(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

I am an expert at electoral matters

Ok oga expert remain at that level
Don't cross your boundaries
As long as you are not of the judges
Your opinion or view doesn't count at this level.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by ednut1(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2023
Is the margin enough to catch Tinubu at 8m plus votes no.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by fergie001: 5:39pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Any election can be nullified but the larger the size,the harder it is to prove.courts easily nullify legislative polls but hardly nullify guber polls because of the enormousness of evidence.governorship is in just a state but yet it hardly gets upturned except by hope uzodinma who didn't complain of irregularities but smartly claimed he won bar wrong collation
Who will cancel the election because of non-transmission of results?

I have long left this case behind....
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 5:40pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Kyase hope you have heard?

Stop exposing yourself in public.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by garfield1: 5:42pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

Which non transmission? What is the evidence that it wasn't transmitted?
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 5:43pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

Not just non-transmission, what about obvious irregularities in hard copy? They don’t matter? Because in all, INEC substantially adhered to the Electoral Act? That’s all that matters?

Ok.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by fergie001: 5:46pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Which non transmission? What is the evidence that it wasn't transmitted?
That's what I am saying that; this isn't substantial non-compliance.

Is that weighty enough to cancel a Presidential Election, vis-a-vis S60 of the EA?

It is good for our jurisprudence but I don't see anything to overthrow the presumptuous and for now valid election of the 1st respondent.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 5:48pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Who did the vote for? Who were they supporting before the polls? Are they complaining? Are they with obi
The north voted majorly for Atiku.

Kano voted Kwankwaso.

Most other numbers from the north are product of rigging.

The only reason the north seems indifferent to the whole thing is because they know they won’t be disadvantaged irrespective of who is president.

But I can assure you that if push comes to shove, you won’t see people in the streets of the north in support of Tinubu.

Or mention one northern state where Tinubu is popular as a person bar Borno because of Shettima.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by fergie001: 5:48pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Not just non-transmission, what about obvious irregularities in hard copy? They don’t matter? Because in all, INEC substantially adhered to the Electoral Act? That’s all that matters?

Ok.
Good, that is what the lawyers will do.
PU by PU, extract the results just like I see that of Rivers if true. They will then calculate, whilst doing so, is it enough to enure victory to the Petitioner. Can he cover that gap, about 2m?

Let's be honest, you and I know nobody will cancel this election.

You might not be a lawyer but if you dispassionately look at the processes in Court, on your own, you can even knock off many grounds by the Petitioners.

Atiku and PDP have moved on, the rest is what we call "sere sere".

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by garfield1: 5:48pm On May 08, 2023
SpatialKing:

Ok oga expert remain at that level
Don't cross your boundaries
As long as you are not of the judges
Your opinion or view doesn't count at this level.

Where where you during 2019 tribunal? Do you know that I was the first to predict uzodinma victory before father mbaka

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by press9jatv: 5:57pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
PU by PU, extract the results just like I see that of Rivers if true. They will then calculate, whilst doing so, is it enough to enure victory to the Petitioner. Can he cover that gap, about 2m?

Let's be honest, you and I know nobody will cancel this election.

You might not be a lawyer but if you dispassionately look at the processes in Court, on your own, you can even knock off many grounds by the Petitioners.

Atiku and PDP have moved on, the rest is what we call "sere sere".
fergie001, don’t say that with much irregularities in the February 25th presidential poll, the justices sitting on the presidential election petition tribunal will annulled Tinubu victories. The judgement is unpredictable ooooo. And the technicality Barrister Olanipekun filed in the tribunal in which it’s pre election matter.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 5:58pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

Let's be honest, you and I know nobody will cancel this election.....
You are not looking at this the right way.

Because, in my thinking, all the petitioners need to do is to prove one obvious case of irregularity, and that should be enough to vitiate the entire election.

Take Rivers for instance, if PO lawyers can prove in court, through hard copy evidences, that PO actually won Rivers but INEC announced Tinubu, the question for the court to determine is, did INEC engage in such irregularity only in Rivers or are there more?

A man has 8 goats 🐐 but he stole one of them from me. If I’m able to prove that he truly stole my goat, do you not think that people and jurists are likely going to be of the thinking that it’s possible that even the remaining 7 doesn’t belong to him especially if there are other claimants to the remaining 7 goats?
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by garfield1: 6:01pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Kano voted Kwankwaso.

The only reason the north seems indifferent to the whole thing is because they know they won’t be disadvantaged irrespective of who is president.

But I can assure you that if push comes to shove, you won’t see people in the streets of the north in support of Tinubu.

Or mention one northern state where Tinubu is popular as a person bar Borno because of Shettima.

What is your evidence that it was rigged? Why was kano not rigged? If atiku is popular,is his party popular? If tinubu is not popular,is his party unpopular

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by garfield1: 6:03pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Both fergie and I are on all fours
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by IamAsiri: 6:20pm On May 08, 2023
SpatialKing:

Whenever you guys talk like this or make statements like this....
You do out of fear and uncertainty..

The only reason why court won't nullify the election is because the North and Yoruba people might burn down the country out of anger.....

Why will Yoruba people burn down the country out of anger? We are not irresponsible people you know!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Kyase(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

So, how many were later thrown out today 🤔🧐?

Two
Drug case
And all aa petition

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by fergie001: 6:24pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

You are not looking at this the right way.

Because, in my thinking, all the petitioners need to do is to prove one obvious case of irregularity, and that should be enough to vitiate the entire election.
This is not how it works.
I have answered it in my reply below. Your case have to be proven in toto.

press9jatv:
fergie001, don’t say that with much irregularities in the February 25th presidential poll, the justices sitting on the presidential election petition tribunal will annulled Tinubu victories. The judgement is unpredictable ooooo. And the technicality Barrister Olanipekun filed in the tribunal in which it’s pre election matter.
There were irregularities but let me tell you, there is no time to deal with cases in our Presidential Electoral System.

The Courts know there are irregularities but they have to be isolated one after another, PU by PU.. we have 176, 000+ in 3 months, how?

With all the necessary and unnecessary adjournments?
Oral and written documentary evidence?

When Olanipekun starts pressing with his unnecessary delays and time-wasting tactics, you will understand.

How? My point is simple, one State can fall, maybe two but will it be enough to upturn the difference between Tinubu and Atiku/Obi?

In 2007, the SC sided with the Appeal Court and cancelled the Presidential Elections in Imo State because there was widespread electoral irregularity and violence.

May Nigeria never and never again see a black Saturday like April 19, 2003,” (Justice Sylvanus Nsofor was the judge who dissented and said this during his judgement at the Appeal Court), yet the two other Justices, Ogebe & one other cancelled only Imo. (Those two others were later elevated to the Supreme Court but Nsofor retired as an Appeal Court Judge).

When Buhari & Atiku pressed for total cancellation, the SC said no.

That there was violence in some places, LGAs, PUs doesn't mean the elections should be totally cancelled. 2007 was the cruelest of our elections system..

This is not Governorship Elections, this is Presidential..... It is more difficult to prove your cases as a Petitioner than as a respondent.

Let me tell you what happened in Oyo in 2019. At the Governorship tribunal, the Tribunal had no time because of the tactics of Makinde's lawyer. They passed a verdict to beat the 180 days timeline without either upturning or affirming the results. They said NOTHING! It was the SC that did that....

When the case starts proper, we will deal with the IReV, BVAS issue.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Kyase(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Garfield1

No court will nullify "presidential" elections in Nigeria

QED

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Kyase(m): 6:29pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

There were irregularities but let me tell you, there is no time to deal with cases in our Presidential Electoral System.

The Courts know there are irregularities but they have to be isolated one after another, PU by PU.. we have 176, 000+ in 3 months, how?

When Olanipekun starts pressing with his unnecessary delays and time-wasting tactics, you will understand.

How? My point is simple, one State can fall, maybe two but will it be enough to upturn the difference between Tinubu and Atiku/Obi?

In 2007, the SC sided with the Appeal Court and cancelled the Presidential Elections in Imo State because there was widespread electoral irregularity and violence. When Buhari & Atiku pressed for total cancellation, the SC said no.

That there was violence in some places, LGAs, PUs doesn't mean the elections should be totally cancelled. 2007 was the cruelest of our elections system..

This is not Governorship Elections, this is Presidential..... It is more difficult to prove your cases as a Petitioner than as a respondent.

Let me tell you what happened in Oyo in 2019. At the Governorship tribunal, the Tribunal had no time because of the tactics of Makinde's lawyer. They passed a verdict to beat the 180 days timeline without either upturning of affirming the results. They said NOTHING! It was the SC that did that....

QED
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Alaigbomaster: 6:37pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Kano voted Kwankwaso.

Common delusional okoro

Kano voted kwankwanso but Tinubu still got more than 500k votes in kano.
Check katsina, jigawa, zamfara etc where obi was getting 1k votes.

If push comes to shove the north will never allow an okoro to rule them

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by SpatialKing(m): 6:37pm On May 08, 2023
IamAsiri:

Why will Yoruba people burn down the country out of anger? We are not irresponsible people you know!

Exactly,

Then stop making look like Nigeria will burn if Tinubu is disqualified....
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by SpatialKing(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Where where you during 2019 tribunal? Do you know that I was the first to predict uzodinma victory before father mbaka

Oga predictor
Remain at that level
I will repeat myself, you are not on of the judges....
Let them decide

Never say never
Nothing is impossible
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 7:03pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

What is your evidence that it was rigged? Why was kano not rigged? If atiku is popular,is his party popular? If tinubu is not popular,is his party unpopular

Most of the little support Tinubu got up north during the campaigns was due to the popularity of local candidates and not because of Tinubu as a person or APC as a party.

Take Benue for instance, the only reason Benue people voted for Tinubu was because of Fr Alia and not because of their love for APC or Tinubu. If a rerun is declared today, I can assure you that the voting pattern might be different in Benue since they have delivered Alia.

Again, I asked you to tell me one state in the north that Tinubu can go to on his own and have supporters lined up in the streets waving at him without being mobilized.

Tinubu is unpopular. Same as APC his party. If anything ever happens that crowd is needed, Tinubu and APC will be overrun except for the fact that they would be controlling the Armed Forces then.

The courts might end up upholding Tinubu’s election but tell yourself the truth that Tinubu is very unpopular in Nigeria.
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 7:05pm On May 08, 2023
Kyase:

Two
Drug case
And all aa petition

Which drug case?

AA petition was dismissed because they withdrew it.

Every other thing stands as it is.

How would the Tribunal dismiss what it hasn’t heard? I keep getting more and more disappointed of your person the more I get to read your arguments.

Goodness 🤦
Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Kyase(m): 7:07pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Which drug case?

AA petition was dismissed because they withdrew it.

Every other thing stands as it is.

How would the Tribunal dismiss what it hasn’t heard? I keep getting more and more disappointed of your person the more I get to read your arguments.

Goodness 🤦

I don talk my own
Wait for newspaper report

You disagreed with me on northern votes whatsapp now..
Better agree with me on everything bro

1 Like

Re: Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. by Penguin2: 7:08pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

In 2007, the SC sided with the Appeal Court and cancelled the Presidential Elections in Imo State because there was widespread electoral irregularity and violence.

May Nigeria never and never again see a black Saturday like April 19, 2003,” (Justice Sylvanus Nsofor was the judge who dissented and said this during his judgement at the Appeal Court), yet the two other Justices, Ogebe & one other cancelled only Imo. (Those two others were later elevated to the Supreme Court but Nsofor retired as an Appeal Court Judge).

When Buhari & Atiku pressed for total cancellation, the SC said no.

Let me tell you what happened in Oyo in 2019. At the Governorship tribunal, the Tribunal had no time because of the tactics of Makinde's lawyer. They passed a verdict to beat the 180 days timeline without either upturning or affirming the results. They said NOTHING! It was the SC that did that....

Let’s watch and wait on the courts to decide the case. Then we’ll see what they decide and their arguments for such decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Duke: A Fraud Or Visionary? (Tinapa) / Merger Talks Tear CPC Apart (pic) / Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.