Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms (35646 Views)

SEC On Proliferation Of Unregistered Online Investment And Trading Platforms / Loom Money Nigeria: Crash Of Ponzi Scheme Imminent As SEC Warns Nigerians / ‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by QualityShare: 6:24pm On May 08, 2023
kiss
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Paragon311(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2023
What does it cost them to put this news on Channels TV, Arise TV and Twitter for public view so as to not fall victim.

Their website is not enough for the communications
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by blessedinnoma(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2023
id4sho:
MAVRODIANS ASSEMBLY HERE tongue

my chest is paining me
The Russian criminal really delt with us
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Godswillu(m): 6:30pm On May 08, 2023
Nice
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by DeLaRue: 6:31pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:
As soon as I saw the post, I quickly rushed to check if gate.io ( a cryptocurrency exchange) was included so as not dash my hope of ever withdrawing my 50$ usdt from there...

To those who trade and use gate.io, please what's the status of the exchange, are they done with maintenance yet?

It's been 3 days now and we are not allowed to withdraw our coins ....

Gate.io is probably owned by the Chinese and I won't be surprised if its registered office is based in an offshore Island country somewhere.

As it is not based in Nigeria, it is not regulated by Nigerian authorities so you are basically on your own if anything happens.

I would not advise anybody to put too much of their monies into companies like these that avoid the prying eyes of regulators by registering in shady far flung Island countries.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Sunnyski: 6:31pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:
As soon as I saw the post, I quickly rushed to check if gate.io ( a cryptocurrency exchange) was included so as not dash my hope of ever withdrawing my 50$ usdt from there...

To those who trade and use gate.io, please what's the status of the exchange, are they done with maintenance yet?

😀😀 I hope gate.io have not shut their gate?

Use binance exchange and have rest of mind.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by LZAA: 6:32pm On May 08, 2023
gift2xl:
I remember MMM back day's, the soul winning was loud. When it crashed my neighbor was on coma for 2 weeks. Now if you preach to this dude about online investment, his reply is "God's time is the best"
😄😄😄😄
Nothing wey my guy no tell me that year
Na when he lose 200k e eye clear😄😄

1 Like

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by MissOpe(f): 6:32pm On May 08, 2023
DeLaRue:

Gate.io is probably owned by Chinese with its registered office based in an offshore Island country somewhere.

As it is not based in Nigeria, it is not regulated by Nigerian authorities so you are basically on your wn if anything happens.

I would not advise anybody to put too much of their monies into by companies like these that avoid the prying eyes of regulators by registering in shdy far flung Island countries.

What about binance and kucoin who have big presences in Nigeria especially binance?
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by mordred44: 6:35pm On May 08, 2023
Oya so pe otilo,......itz Gon
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by socialmediaman: 6:35pm On May 08, 2023
Dreamer0909:

Once withdrawals is blocked for more than 24 hours, the site has crashed.

The way these guys work is, they suspend withdrawals and they leave deposit open (with false promises of bonuses for those who invest within the locked period ..).

But forget about it... Cos it will never open again. So don't be fooled to make more deposits or referrals within this period.

The site is gone.

Yes I know what you're talking about. I'm just asking the person I quoted about their situation before I make conclusions. I don't know about the platform they mentioned
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by DeLaRue: 6:38pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

What about binance and kucoin who have big presences in Nigeria especially binance?

Binance is also Cinese-owned, though it too is in the firing line of the US right now.

However, it is a big company. Whether it is less likely to fail due to its size is another matter.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by occfx: 6:41pm On May 08, 2023
nlfpmod:
Tolu Ogunlesi writes:

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1655596343933509633?t=TgwvgnYMf-MoUuBaLvbuSg&s=08

https://sec.gov.ng/blacklisting-of-six-6-unregulated-online-trading-platforms/

Why people don't check that shiit is because even the ones they termed regulated still do anyhow because them settle. So, there is no competence in the the system.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by deloon(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2023
dondodo:
I'm sure peter obi owns 4 of them

Mumu

1 Like

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Exc2000: 6:44pm On May 08, 2023
Always reactionary
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by denzel231: 6:46pm On May 08, 2023
Una blacklist Dem because me no settle.
Una no blacklist agro partnership and others wey scam billions of people
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by AbooTasleemah1(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

Modified
I would love to dedicate this "first to comment spot" to all holders of cypto coins wey dip done finish their portfolio.....MAY THE PUMP BE WITH US ALL REAL SOON....

AMEN...

Gate.io is a reputable exchange platform, hope you're not not dealing with a parody or nested exchange.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by integrity16(m): 6:51pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

Modified
I would love to dedicate this "first to comment spot" to all holders of cypto coins wey dip done finish their portfolio.....MAY THE PUMP BE WITH US ALL REAL SOON....

AMEN...

Bye bye to your 50usdt.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

Modified

AMEN...

Forget it. The sh!t is going down every minute
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Kobicove(m): 7:08pm On May 08, 2023
I have never heard of any of the companies listed here
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by BJanta: 7:22pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

Modified

AMEN...

Put your mind of it , they're gone. Remember Tower Capital, then AI Mining. Zoom !!! And they are gone without prior notice. There's no maintenance that would make you shut down an app. You need real life data and transaction activities to fine tune the maintenance process and outcome. There could be glitches, but not total shut down.
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Johnn74: 7:30pm On May 08, 2023
gift2xl:
I remember MMM back day's, the soul winning was loud. When it crashed my neighbor was on coma for 2 weeks. Now if you preach to this dude about online investment, his reply is "God's time is the best"
embarassed
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Airlord2030: 7:37pm On May 08, 2023
Anything crypto or forex, count me out

2 Likes

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Parachoko: 7:39pm On May 08, 2023
inoki247:
MMM nd co....

Nigerians no dey hear word your friend wey both of you dey lament say una broke once this things Crash you start hearing from dem how they Lose 10m you will be like nd me nd u say we are broke....
Dem dey invest grin
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by goldmatrix(m): 7:49pm On May 08, 2023
Only unregulated?
Which ones have they regulate??
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by kaymandak(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2023
Nesteinvestment should be added
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by poweredcom(m): 8:12pm On May 08, 2023
How about the red king guy hope them don catch am with his big head
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Mohisah: 8:25pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

Modified

AMEN...

you can use VPN to change location should they ban the platform. Gate.io can't be blacklisted unless they're faulty of tax, or promoting what is against the nation. Gateio is 4th largest trading company o!

2 Likes

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Contagious100d(m): 9:21pm On May 08, 2023
MissOpe:

Modified

AMEN...

I remember back in those day i sold my car to invest in mmm because a friend was cashing out, we both luat more than 1m to the scheme

1 Like

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by samz77: 9:21pm On May 08, 2023
Why not learn the art of trading by yourself. I trade forex for a living. And I can say forex is profitable. I trade with the aid of artificial intelligence robotic software. It picks trades on its own with correct settings that best suit it. If you start with #200k ,you make an average of #100k monthly. Sure banker. You can contact me if you are interested at alatolait@gmail.com
Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Godwin4444: 10:02pm On May 08, 2023
gift2xl:
MMM carry all my nysc savings go, na y I no dey do anything online till today

My friends don lecture me about crypto n forex tire I no do cos majority of guys I know doing crypto are yahoo guys n as per forex e dey send them go back village steady

1 Like

Re: SEC Blacklists 6 Online Trading Platforms by Nmezor(f): 10:05pm On May 08, 2023
Hmmmm, SEC and their doings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them / Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee / The Only Way Out For MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.