Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal (1877 Views)

Sowore Appears In Court Today (Photos) / More Photos of Peter Obi In Court Today / Osun Election: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by iSense247: 9:04pm On May 08, 2023
Summary of What Happened in Court Today at the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Pre-hearing: Case Against Tinubu/APC/INEC Begins.

● The presiding Judge is Justice Haruna Simon Tsammani. He heads a 5 Man Pannel of Justices.

● Tribunal Listened To Peter Obi's Case Against Tinubu, APC and INEC.

● The Plea By Obi's Lawyers To Televise The Proceedings was REJECTED.

● They announced That All Cameras Should Be Taken Out Of The Court Room And Everyone Should Keep Away Their Phones.

● AA party lawyers who came to represnt same party didn't know each other and when there is no clarity on who is the real lawyer, they both withdrew their petition against Tinubu, leaving another party called APM.

● Peter Obi's pre-hearing case was to verify if all parties have filed their responses.

● Gov. of Plateau state created his own drama too when he claimed to be representing and he was told he can't represent respondent, he changed it to "I will represent APC then". Looks like this whole this is a joke to APC by the way they have acted.

● Atiku's pre-hearing moved to tomorrow because of time.

● Journalists were barred by police who barricaded the court entrance while some Nigerians were seen protesting far away from the court.

● All parties involved agreed to cooperate with the Court during the course of the matter.

● The Presiding Justice set the tone for all the Election Petitions, stating that the Court will look at every matter on its merit and timeously, not only on grounds of technicalities.

● Lamidi Apapa abi Tincan didn't show up at the court today, but I suspect that Channels & TVC will likely invite him for interview this evening or tomorrow, just to give impression that LP is divided.

● A coalition of civil society groups protesting outside the Court of Appeal building in Abuja during the pre-hearing of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal on Monday.

This summary was put together by #ObidientNationTv. Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/obidientnationtv for more updates.

For video updates, subscribe to our
YOUTUBE Channel
https://youtube.com/@Obidientnationtv

You Follow us on INSTAGRAM? 🙏 https://www.instagram.com/obidienttvnigeria

5 Likes

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by richmond500: 9:11pm On May 08, 2023
Tribunal Listened To Peter Obi's Case Against Tinubu, APC and INEC.
Did Obi sue Tinubu? I thought he only sue Inec.

I am not very sure here

1 Like

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by mightyhazel: 9:16pm On May 08, 2023
Obi the hero of democracy

Father of modern progressive Nigeria...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by Ofunaofu: 9:16pm On May 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by BuhariAdvocate: 9:20pm On May 08, 2023
Obi might headed up pay damages for presenting fake evidence.

4 Likes

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by richmond500: 9:34pm On May 08, 2023
iSense247:
You are asking a zombie question. It's as you Drug Daddy surpporters are under a spell or something.
make u deh calm down, u don't have to approach every situation with raw stupidity.
All I am asking is that, did Obi sue Tinubu too

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by fergie001: 9:36pm On May 08, 2023
richmond500:

Did Obi sue Tinubu? I thought he only sue Inec.

I am not very sure here
Obi sued Tinubu, INEC, APC & Shettima.

Shettima was for alleged double nomination.
INEC was for non-transmission of results and alleged corrupt practices.
Tinubu was for drug case, false declaration on oath and did not win the highest number of lawful votes.
APC is involved because it is the Party that houses the Candidates and submits their names to INEC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by richmond500: 9:59pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

Tinubu was for drug case, false declaration on oath and did not win the highest number of lawful votes.
APC is involved because it is the Party that houses the Candidates and submits their names to INEC.
alright, thank you.
I appreciate your response

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by christejames(m): 10:42pm On May 08, 2023
ObiDatti to the rescue!

Nigeria must be great again.

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by yarimo(m): 10:53pm On May 08, 2023
In summary obi was busy sleeping in the court

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by Tayomi37(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2023
Why no transmission.
The world needs to have the idea of what is going on
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by Burruchaga71(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2023
Is this Lalonga a name of a person or ANIMAL?
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by DMerciful(m): 11:22pm On May 08, 2023
How is it possible you're everywhere on Nairaland, are you jobless?
yarimo:
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by Okwyjesus(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2023
BuhariAdvocate:
Obi might headed up pay damages for presenting fake evidence.

O dika i choro mu were okpo jiawa gi onu.

1 Like

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by yarimo(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2023
DMerciful:
How is it possible you're everywhere on Nairaland, are you jobless?
For you to know I am everywhere, you must be also everywhere. Are you that jobless grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by MrDoGood(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2023
yarimo:

He's done his submission.

His lawyers are there, nothing to fear mate
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by stuffs2002: 12:33am On May 09, 2023
fergie001:

And Obi will lose his watery case

1 Like

Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by smokinloud(m): 12:57am On May 09, 2023
God has shown me that Tinubu will win!. It's even obvious!.
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by iSense247: 12:46pm On May 09, 2023
richmond500:
make u deh calm down, u don't have to approach every situation with raw stupidity.
All I am asking is that, did Obi sue Tinubu too
Is Tinubu a also drug baron?
Re: Summary Of What Happened In Court Today At The Presidential Election Tribunal by iSense247: 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
stuffs2002:

And Obi will lose his watery case
Watery case? Partisan Politics has eroded your sense of reasoning.

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: How BAT Bribed Biden And Blinken With $30-billion For U.S Endorsement / Peter Obi Missed Out / Tinubu Govt MUST Investigate ATIKU'S Source Of Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.