Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:49 AM

Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? (912 Views)

Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? / One Man To One Woman 'monogamy' Is Stu;pid - Akon / Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? by dealordea(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2011
I believe in monogamy very strictly. I also believe that sex should be with a person that matters and never just casual but that's not as important to the topic. Monogamy is something that I preach and that I want from a partner in return, but lately I've been seeing a problem, and I'm starting to feel very alone.

I see more and more people nowadays seeking "open relationships". In fact, my last partner of 3 years left me for a relationship where he's now the fifth boyfriend to one girl. To be honest I do not get it. Even a lot of the people on this site that I have ended up talking to (not all) seem to think that staying faithful to a partner is simply just an option to take or leave at any time.

So I ask where and when did this become so common place. Is it the way our society pushes intimate messages and innuendos in almost every media? You can go almost nowhere nowadays without seeing billboards of barely NA.KE.D men and women,  Or was it always there and just become more public now that our society is so openly obsessed with sex?

Either way it feels like the world has turned into a meat market where everyone just wants as many people as they can get with no sense of commitment or trust,  I know that must not be the case for everyone of course but I would like to hear the varied views on the subject nevertheless. I do not mean to start any fights on these forums though, and I ask all posters under me to please keep thoughts civil no matter what the viewpoint on the subject.
Re: Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? by samtoye(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
monogomy? or do you mean monogamy?
Re: Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? by Johndoe100(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
@OP
For a woman in Nigeria, monogamy is important. To those internet Nigerians that live in the whiteman's land, they may not see this as important at all.
Over here it is monogamy by women is highly prized. We call the other sort harlots, if you have interacted on this forum with the harlots, my advise is to ignore them.
Re: Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? by Johndoe100(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
@OP
For a woman in Nigeria, monogamy is important. To those internet Nigerians that live in the whiteman's land, they may not see this as important at all.
Over here it is monogamy by women is highly prized. We call the other sort harlots, if you have interacted on this forum with the harlots, my advise is to ignore them.
Re: Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? by ifyalways(f): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
@OP,is this thread about you or its copy and paste?If it's the later why not give credit to the source?

Btw,I know(going by your internet story/confession) that you are a policeman,married to a lady that would not let you touch her after she had a baby. . .

Just saying.@Topic,nothing concern moi.
Re: Monogamy! Is It That Important Anymore? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^ of course he copied and paste it from another website.
here is the http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10453495.aspx

he even made the same mistake as the original source and wrote MONOGOMY. how sad!!!! i guess they just copy and paste anything online not even knowing what they are on about.

(1) (Reply)

Advise On Hair Care Product / Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children / Shocking! Baby Born With Three Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.