Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,596 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Apostates, Beware! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostates, Beware! (129 Views)

By Condemning "Despicable Apostates”, The Governing Body Condemned Themselves. / Jws, Beware Of Apostates / Are We Apostates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apostates, Beware! by topshore(f): 7:59pm On May 09, 2023
Scripture Text: Hebrews 10:26-31

"26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."- Hebrews 10:26-31

"For if we choose to sin after knowing everything there is to know about the truth, there is no more sacrifice for sins." The sin of apostacy is talked about in Hebrews 10:26–29. Apostasy is when someone chooses to leave their faith. Apostates are people who move towards Christ and are on the verge of saving faith because they hear and understand the Gospel, but then reject what they have learned and turn away. These are people who may even be aware of their sins and say they believe in God. But instead of growing spiritually, they start to lose interest in Christ and become more interested in the things of the world. Eventually, they stop caring about the things of God and turn away. The second and third grounds in Matthew 13:1–9, 18–23, show how these kinds of people act. These are the people who "receive with joy" the things of the Lord but who are turned off by the worries of the world or the problems they face because of Christ.

In this text, "willful sinning" means that a person rejects Christ on purpose. To turn away from God's way after knowing it, hearing it taught, studying it, and thinking of oneself as a believer is to become an apostate. Willfully failing means that you do it over and over again and on purpose. This kind of person doesn't sin because they don't know any better, and they don't give in to short-term temptations because they are too weak to fight. Willful sinners sin because they have a set way of thinking and acting that they don't want to change. On the other hand, a true Christian is someone who sins and temporarily falls out of touch with God. But he will finally repent and return to God because his heavenly Father will keep trying to win him back and show him the truth until he can't stay away any longer. The real apostate will keep on sinning on purpose, gladly, and with no shame. John says in 1 John 3:9, "No one who is born of God sins, because His seed lives in him, and he can't sin because he is born of God."

Apostates know things, but they don't know how to use what they know. You can find them where Christ's light is shining, which is mostly in the church among God's people. Judas Iscariot is the best example of this. He knew a lot, but he didn't have real faith. Judas saw God's love and kindness more and better than anyone else who didn't believe the truth. He was one of Jesus' closest friends and ate, slept, and travelled with Him for years. He saw Jesus do miracles and heard Jesus, the best teacher the world has ever seen, speak the words of God, but he didn't follow Jesus. In fact, he helped plan to kill Jesus.

The apostate is beyond salvation because he has turned his back on the truth and continues to sin even though he knows better. He has also refused the only true sacrifice for sins, which is the Lord Jesus Christ. If Christ's death is turned down, there is no way to be saved. If you turn away from this sacrifice on purpose, there is no sacrifice left. There is only sin, for which the punishment is death for all time. This text isn't about a believer who stops believing, but about someone who says they believe but really doesn't. If you give up your faith, you show that you never had it in the first place (1 John 2:19).

The verdict of God for apostates is written in Hebrews 10:28-31 "28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Repent today for the judgement of God is at hand.

Say this short prayer if you want to give your life to Christ:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now. Come into my life, take charge of my life, and change my world. I'm done with the devil. I join the Kingdom of Light. Thank you, Jesus. I pray in Jesus's name, amen."

Congratulations!!! Now that you've been reborn, you have a new life in Christ.

God bless you.

Peace!

You can also read: https://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-10-26.html

(1) (Reply)

History Of Christianity In Argentina / How Of The Miracle / Refuse To Live In Fear (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.